Reply OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD
Odd Subtitling Mistakes. xD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:33 pm
This is the thread in which you can talk about horrible fansubs, subtitles, and such in the series that were made into anime!

-In one of the Full Moon wo Sagashite episodes when Mitsuki goes to America, the subs came in late for the opening so they dragged into the beginning of the episode, which (not copied word for word, but what I can remember) consequently showed Ooshige-san saying something about rock 'n roll and Wakouji-sensei then replying with something that the subtitles say is "sparkle on, oh princess", or something of the sort.

-In the last eppy of FMwS, when Meroko is talking to that godly lady and "New Future" is playing in the background, sometimes the things they say are overridden by what the song lyrics are. So when they say something, sometimes the lyrics to the song show up. So when that lady was speaking once, it began her sentence with "Let's sing a song!"...

Share your stories! ^^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:00 pm
One fansub I watched of FMWS decided not to translate the last line of lyrics from "Rock 'n' Roll Princess" from the opening... talk about lazy sweatdrop  

Bchan

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:23 pm
xD; Why translate everything but the last line of the opening song? o_o Some, fansubbing groups...*shakes head*
Then again, sometimes the official companies doing it is sometimes even worse. o0; I can't even count the number of times they messed up on the subtitling on my DVDs. In fact...

SPOILER WARNING

-Towards the end of the series, when Takuto says he loves Mitsuki and Mitsuki later on reflects and remembers it at the beach, for some reason he says "Good luck Mitsuki" when she remembers it and then he says "Forget about me".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:15 am
I was watching Full Moon on my computer and I noticed once where they accidentally made the subtitle pink for Meroko instead of yellow for Mitsuki. Mitsuki was talking but it was a shot of Meroko so it confused me at first. sweatdrop  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:35 pm
Aisu-Kitsune
I was watching Full Moon on my computer and I noticed once where they accidentally made the subtitle pink for Meroko instead of yellow for Mitsuki. Mitsuki was talking but it was a shot of Meroko so it confused me at first. sweatdrop

Wow, they had different colored text! : D That's pretty neat. For me I have to depend on the voices and stuff...

There are so many other mistakes on mine, though. D: It's horrible. They spell things wrong and in the last concert when Mitsuki's voiceover is going on over the concert music, she said something about Madoka that came up as "Ayuan", proceeded to call Madoka a "he"...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:31 am
Um, For the begining song, you look in the background but it says 'Mituki' Instead of Mitsuki.

Another one is that in the first episode of Full Moon where Meroko is clapping her hands telling Mitsuki not to cry, shes not wearing any gloves. But later in a second she does wear gloves.

In another, Takuto is flying away and it shows his skin rather than the black shirt.  

Sooper Bloo

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:38 pm
Those errors are odd...xD

In the 1st opening song, behind Takuto, it says "Sinigami'. I think I got confused because of that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:36 pm
The "sinigami" and "Mituki" are just other ways of romanizing Japanese. It's technically not correct, but you still see "shi" written as "si" sometimes, as well as "tsu" written as "tu." There are other things like this, too, such as "sho" written as "syo."  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

SakuMeiMei

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:29 pm
Buahaha. In Episode 3 or 4...or something like that of Full Moon wo Sagashite the Episode title was covered in english subtitles. whee I found it kinda hard to read because there were little bits and pieces of the original title under the subtitled whatachamacalit and yet again I am acting like an idiot. Oh ho ho... xp  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:02 am
What? xd I gotta see that! Could you take a screenshot?  

Shyrendora

SakuMeiMei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:29 pm
Shyrendora
What? xd I gotta see that! Could you take a screenshot?

If you're talking about the title thingy you'll have to wait for atleast seven days. Right now I'm in Toronto without my computer (or the episodes of FMWS atleast) here so I can't take any screenshots. Sorry! whee But I promise I will try to get it as soon as possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:16 pm
cc-haruna
Buahaha. In Episode 3 or 4...or something like that of Full Moon wo Sagashite the Episode title was covered in english subtitles. whee I found it kinda hard to read because there were little bits and pieces of the original title under the subtitled whatachamacalit and yet again I am acting like an idiot. Oh ho ho... xp

xD That's we~ird! For me, sometimes what they say before the title comes up shows up instead, so I get all sorts of weird titles. Unless that one festival episode with the "Love Love Attack" thingy was actually called "There are even little booths set up."  

Lepidus Light

Mahina-Kalela

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:50 pm
In the 2nd episode perviews of FMWS instead of saying Full moon wo Sagashite it said Full moon wo sagashit...............I laughed my head off. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:01 pm
miyuki_ninja_of_heaven
In the 2nd episode perviews of FMWS instead of saying Full moon wo Sagashite it said Full moon wo sagashit...............I laughed my head off. xd

O__O
That's...horrible.

Um...in the anime, Takuto's black shirt is constantly expanding and retracting. Sometimes it's short, sometimes it's long, but it always stays above his belly button.

Lepidus Light

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:16 pm
Lepidus Light

Um...in the anime, Takuto's black shirt is constantly expanding and retracting. Sometimes it's short, sometimes it's long, but it always stays above his belly button.

Really? I only thought it got shorter, lol...  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff