Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
We got boned >_O [/[UPDATE! 12/04]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:03 pm
User Image

Some Jackass in Austin (were in Katy, btw. about a 4 hour drive) stole the routing and account numbers of our checks, and put them on her checks. She stole over $6K of stuff, which qualifies for Grand Theft.

Relatively, we called Fox News, who'll contact us when the office that handles these types of complaints (forget the name) opens, which is mon-wed., 6 - noon, I believe, so we have to wait til' monday.

Good thing is though since its blatantly obvious (s)he was stupid enough to make it so obvious, the bank isn't charging us =P so there's a chance we'll be on the news! 8D

I'll update as I get info.

UPDATE! [[12/02]]

Turns out it's a whole ring of people stealing s**t. Apparently, any checker who is bored/not being watched can jot down the numbers off checks, then to to the underground and sell them for $100 or so a pop. the FBI has been on this for years, but they thought it died out until our case rose up. So, now the FBI is involved in the process.

And apparently, they caught pics of the b***h using the checks, and then some more (on apparently someone else's account because ours was closed down) in the Willowbrook mall (to those who know where that is, it's decently far from Austin). So she's on the move, apparently.

UPDATE! [[12/04]]
We had our account closed out and restored with a new account, which according to the bank, the cop, and the FBI agent were working with would fix the bank problem and let us use checks and debits again. Turns out, no one told TeleCheck (the company that controls the actual dataflow of check/debit information). We just tried to go grocery shopping, and got denied. So now im starting to get annoyed. They said over the phone (at ******** walmart, because the ASM that was helping us at good ol' wallyworld called them to at least help us find out what the ******** is happening) that it most likely won't be resolved before christmas, which pissed everyone off. If we were to go to the bank and cash a check, its a 6 day wait to get a check cashed because of all the processing it has to go through to make sure its us and not some other jackhole.

so no christmas for me ~tear~. I don't even get to put up the fake tree we have because the stand broke, and we can't buy a new one. emo To top it off, if that check was denied, then all the other checks that we've been writing to pay bills will be denied too ._. So there's a good chance that I won't have power/internet/even water (NO WATER NO SHOWERS OR POTTY!! DX) so if my posting/logging in just abruptly stops, then thats why.

and Fox hasn't called back.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:19 pm
wow that sucks and I'm sorry to hear that!...but the news..dude that's be kool! xB

Shiroi_Yuki107

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:22 pm
Shiroi_Yuki107
wow that sucks and I'm sorry to hear that!...but the news..dude that's be kool! xB
User Image

yarr-harr.

the news = teh awesomes.

to top it off, were pressing charges when/if we find the b*****d. We can tie in s**t to the charges like stress.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:29 pm
[Sonic Offline]
Shiroi_Yuki107
User Image

yarr-harr.

the news = teh awesomes.

to top it off, were pressing charges when/if we find the b*****d. We can tie in s**t to the charges like stress.

User Image

haha I agree.. twisted

Shiroi_Yuki107

dan d lyon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:18 pm
Dude.
That must have sucked.
My mom would freak if that happened to her.

And you live in Katy? =o
I live in the Woodlands. :3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:21 pm
eek 6k!!  

Black_Prophacy

Living Disappointments

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:08 pm
Jeez, everything happens to you. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:02 pm
Living Disappointments
Jeez, everything happens to you. sweatdrop
User Image

its because my parents are mormon.

I was there though when my mom went to cash a $20 check, and was told "your overdrawn by at least 4 grand, and there's still more that haven't been added". She almost fainted, but probably had a ministroke.

@Le TOXIC Dino: It's like an hour drive, but still pretty close =P

User Image

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Dante the Devil Summoner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:05 pm
ouch, id be pissed  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:07 pm
I hope Michigan gets it. I want to see you on t.v. O:  

CuriousKitty

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:27 pm
CuriousKitty
User Image

hehe...

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:21 pm
don't forget to charge for 'emotional damages'  

Thinking_Outside_Insanity

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:34 pm
kyo-yoo
don't forget to charge for 'emotional damages'
User Image

I don't know if thats an actual charge in Texas ._.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 pm
CuriousKitty

x33
Ya rly. That'd be awesome. Then I could confuse my parents and be all
"O hay, I know him. O:"  

Deprimo

Fullmoon.s_wings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:30 pm
THAT SUCKS!! i would be so beyond pissed if that happened to me! At least you might get to go on TV thats pretty damn awesome  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff