Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
The Source Of All Knowledge. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

'What If's.
Fun for all
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Fun for some
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Fun for none
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:46 pm
Let's do a 'what if', cause I love what ifs.

The What If Master
Let's say that one evening, as you're lying in bed trying to sleep, you are whisked away to a place of light. You can see nothing in this light, but you can hear a powerful voice. (This is not god, by the way) The voice tells you that it is the source of all knowledge, and it will prove it's claim by answering any questions that you can ask. You ask a few questions that only you could know the answer to, and the voice gets it right. Now that you are convinced, it tells you that you may ask it one question, and it will answer it. One question and with its infinite, limitless, and never ending knowledge, it will answer it.

What would you ask?

For me: The atheist in me wants to ask the obvious. Although I am 99.99999E% sure there is no god, there is nothing like 100%. But any reasonable guy would say "Why ask something you're that sure about? Why not ask something you're more like 50/50 on?" Which is a good point! I think it would take me a while to think about it.

Do I wanna ask a personal question? Such as, "Did [someone] really love me? Did [someone] really cheat on me? Was I wrong when I did [this]? How did [this person] really die?," or do I want to know the mysteries of history? Such as "Who really killed JFK? What happened to the missing people in the Bermuda triangle? Are there aliens? Are there ghosts?," and "What really happened to the dinosaurs?" You could ask scientific questions like "Is cold fusion possible? How close are we to understanding the true workings of the universe? Did man really descend from apes? How right is the big bang theory? How can light be both a wave and a photon?"

Or you could get abstract "Will man ever die out? Will we become pure energy? Will we ever leave the earth and colonize another planet? How important are dreams? Is telekinesis possible? How can I become immortal? Are there/were there ever vampire/werewolves/mystical creatures?" I could start thinking financially. "What are the next winning lottery numbers? What will be the turn out of the next ten super bowls? How can I steal a billion dollars without ever getting caught?"

I only type all these questions to get your brains thinking, cause I'm really curious what questions will be typed. In the end, I think my question would be "What do I have to do to live a long, healthy, and happy life?" Lame huh?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:25 am
~x.X.x~

Jesus, that's a hard one. I guess I would go with... how do I get -so & so- to love me?

It really wouldn't do any good to ask a question that's a complete mystery, and I would want to find out for scientific benefit, because what scientist in their right mind would believe me? It's pointless to ask anything besides a question that would provide personal gain, 'cause who the hell will believe you if you do otherwise?

To Escape Detection

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:29 am
Easy. How to attain eternal youth, if immortality is a given. Learn everything by living forever, ne?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:07 am
in the name of misery
~x.X.x~

Jesus, that's a hard one. I guess I would go with... how do I get -so & so- to love me?

It really wouldn't do any good to ask a question that's a complete mystery, and I would want to find out for scientific benefit, because what scientist in their right mind would believe me? It's pointless to ask anything besides a question that would provide personal gain, 'cause who the hell will believe you if you do otherwise?
Aww, someone's got a crush.

Good point on the scientific aspect. In my case though, I'd just wanna know. But I don't think I'd waste a question of this calibur on childish curiosity, so, like you, I probably wouldn't ask about cold fussion or anything like that.

Grand Moff Locket
Easy. How to attain eternal youth, if immortality is a given. Learn everything by living forever, ne?
I dunno how I feel about immortality. Someone should make a thread about it, ne?  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

MightyHikaru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:42 am
I'd probably ask about the meaning of life. And then get pissed if the voice said "be born, grow up, reproduce and die". Bummer.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:57 am
I'd probally ask how to live forever. I wouldn't know what to say, but I'd sure as hell apologize for my previous atheisim.  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:31 pm
I think he meant the source of knowledge, but not god.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:50 pm
I dunno what I'd ask. Something stupid probably xD
Hmm. Or something about art.
This is gonna bother me until I think of something.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:09 pm
Why do Llamas brey?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:36 pm
Grand Moff Locket

Oh... That explains a lot... Hehe...
The source of all knowlage... Theoretically, wouldn't it only have knowlage about the universe? Laws of physics, location of all (x # of) elements?  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:52 pm
mrtommyos
Grand Moff Locket

Oh... That explains a lot... Hehe...
The source of all knowlage... Theoretically, wouldn't it only have knowlage about the universe? Laws of physics, location of all (x # of) elements?
Nah, in this 'what if' it knows everything. I'm basically asking "If you could have any question answered, what would it be?" Get it? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:11 pm
I'd as the one most important question of all. "How can I make my p***s grow to twenty seven feet and 8.6 inches?"  

Grand Moff Locket

To Escape Detection

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:45 pm
~x.X.x~

Ooh! I know a great one! What is the formula for the theory of everything? Damn, I'd get a nobel prize for that s**t.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:07 pm
Grand Moff Locket
I'd as the one most important question of all. "How can I make my p***s grow to twenty seven feet and 8.6 inches?"
Aww that's easy. All you need is a ladder, an anvil, and some rope.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

To Escape Detection

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:25 am
Dathu
Grand Moff Locket
Aww that's easy. All you need is a ladder, an anvil, and some rope.
~x.X.x~

I think she was talking about a 27' 8.6" p***s, not a 27' 8.6" string o' flesh. o.0

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff