I'm looking into making a HL2 Mod for school. I have access to Softimage 4.0, and I can download the mod tool. However, before I download that extremely huge file, I would appreciate knowing how to use it. So, anyone here used it before? I know its a bit advanced for what you guys are talking about in here, but I think it would be pretty cool. I want to make a map of my school, and mod characters that look like teachers and administrators so that people can take a virtual 'tour' by actually walking around the school in 3D.

Idea Details:

Have some kind of interaction where if you walk up to a person and press 'e' a screen pops up of information and stuff. I know this is definetely possible.

Remove all guns. (Obvious? One would think so...)

Replace guns w/ 'ID' so they can enter restricted parts of the school

Package this in as small a file as possible. I know it probably wont be able to be web-accessable (like some free MMORPG that have 3D graphics) because its modding HL2. However, I want it to fit on one disk, maybe even be downloadable.

-------------------

Remember, I'm not out of High School yet so please keep advice as simple as you can.

Thank you!