Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Thread Graveyard (forever dead)
Life Philosophies Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a sense of purpose in life?
  Yes!
  I guess so...
  I'm not really sure.
  Nope, not really.
View Results

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:05 am
Enlightenment for ourselves can seem like an impossible ideal.
Yet, we all do experience those moments when we touch a deeper truth and feel fully alive and interconnected with other people and with nature. Be it stirring music, looking into the eyes of a newborn child, often the beauty and perfection of nature can touch us in profoundly moving ways!
When we are fully present and aware, we experience the world afresh in every moment, free of the governance of confusion, aversion, and greed.
As we become more carefully aware of the truth of our experience, we develop the skills that enable us to be fully and uncritically present with others.
On a planet that seems so busy and distracted, a clear awareness of what is true is a priceless gift that we give ourselves, others, and the world.

Share your personal philosophies... ideas, thoughts, beliefs, ways of coping, advice, etc:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:47 am
Human suffering is both unique and universal. We all suffer, but how we suffer is personal and specific to our lives.  

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:20 am
I used to think that meditation was when you sit and mentally block everything out and just kind of zone out to calm yourself.
But even though you are sitting still and quietly (both are optional), you are in the process of taking in everything around you, not reacting to them, just observing, sounds, smells, your posture, any pain, any thoughts and emotions are accepted as just that; and the mind is free and you feel at one with the world around you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:13 pm
Meditation is a very good way to get in touch with both yourself and your environment. Sometimes you can even find out things about yourself you didn't even realize. I sometimes use pressure points on my feet in conjunction with meditation to put myself at ease and feel a bit more balanced.  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:27 am
The healing power of touch is interesting.
Like a premature baby has a better chance at survival if it's mother is allowed to have contact with the baby.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:55 pm
Touch is an amplifier; whatever you feel for another person increases when they touch you. If a really pushy salesman puts his arm around your shoulders, you want to hit him. Conversely, when you like someone, and they touch you, you like them even more afterwards.

My two cents XD  

Alphagirl

Ace of Hearts

20,075 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Partygoer 500

Gweener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:05 am
The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth. ~Chinese Proverb  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:28 am
Mistakes are the stepping stones to mastery

I love watching funny sitcom and movie out-takes--especially when I've already seen the finished product. Nothing illustrates this concept better. We can learn so many lessons: that humor can get us through the fumbles; that others are there to lend a hand if we allow them; that no one is perfect, not even Robert Deniro; that there's always a chance for another take; and most importantly, that if we persist, we can eventually master the task at hand and no one would be the wiser!

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:59 pm
If you truly believe in you, you're one-up already
Any top salesman will tell you that he cannot fully succeed if he doesn't believe in his product. Whenever we pitch ourselves--be it for a promotion, a lead role, or a new job--just how effective we are, is largely determined by our own self-confidence and esteem. Think about the times you've been fully confident in your abilities, and how easy it was to convince others of the same. And then, think about the times you may not have been as confident--was it as easy to be convincing?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 am
Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Follow the three R's:
>Respect for self,
>Respect for others and
>Responsibility for all your actions.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.

Don't let a little dispute injure a great relationship.

When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

Spend some time alone every day.

Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.

A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.

In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Be gentle with the earth.

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 am
ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR. When you say, 'I love you,' mean it.

FIVE. When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye.

SIX.. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN. Believ e in love at first sight.

EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?'

FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN. Say 'God bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson .

SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:20 am
People come into your life for a reason

People come into your life for a reason, a season
or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you
will know what to do for that person. When someone
is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet
a need you have expressed. They have come to assist
you through a difficulty, to provide you with
guidance and support, to aid you physically,
emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a
godsend and they are. They are there for the reason
you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on
your part or at an inconvenient time, this person
will say or do something to bring the relationship
to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk
away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a
stand. What we must realize is that our need has
been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it
is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you
laugh. They may teach you something you have never
done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount
of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a
season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the
lesson, love the person and put what you have
learned to use in all other relationships and areas
of your life. It is said that love is blind but
friendship is clairvoyant .

Thank you for being a part of my life,
whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 am
"True Friendship"(With none of that Sissy Crap!!!!)
Are you tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.

1 When you are sad-- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry b*****d who made you that way.
2. When you are blue-- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile-- I will know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared-- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried-- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused-- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick-- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want to catch whatever you have.8. When you fall-- I will point and laugh at your clumsy a**.
9. This is my oath.....I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask?,"Because you are my friend".
And remember....when life hands you Lemons, get some tequila and salt and call me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 am
ZEN SARCASM
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me either.
Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
3. It's always darkest before dawn.
So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the best time to do it.
4. Don't be irreplaceable.
If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
5. Always remember that you're unique.
Just like everyone else.
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive,
just miss a couple of car payments.
8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
11. If you lend someone $20 and you never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
12. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
13. Some days you're the bug. Other days, you're the windshield.
14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back into your pocket.
16. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
17. Duct tape is like 'The Force.' It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
18. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
19. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
20. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up. AND FINALLY......
22. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!!!

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:08 am
Lessons of the Square Watermelon

1.) Don’t Assume:

The major problem was that most people had always seen round watermelons so they automatically assumed that square watermelons were impossible before even thinking about the question. Things that you have been doing a certain way your entire life have taken on the aura of the round watermelon and you likely don’t even take the time to consider if there is another way to do it. Breaking yourself from assuming this way can greatly improve your overall life as you are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things.

2.) Question Habits:

The best way to tackle these assumptions is to question your habits. If you can make an effort to question the way you do things on a consistent basis, you will find that you can continually improve the way that you live your life. Forming habits when they have been well thought out is usually a positive thing, but most of us have adopted our habits from various people and places without even thinking about them.

3.) Be Creative:

When faced with a problem, be creative in looking for a solution. This often requires thinking outside the box. Most people who viewed this question likely thought they were being asked how they could genetically alter water melons to grow square which would be a much more difficult process to accomplish. By looking at the question from an alternative perspective, however, the solution was quite simple. Being creative and looking at things in different ways in all portions of your live will help you find solutions to many problems where others can’t see them.

4.) Look for a Better Way:

The square watermelon question was simply seeking a better and more convenient way to do something. The stores had flagged a problem they were having and asked if a solution was possible. It’s impossible to find a better way if you are never asking the question in the first place . Always ask if there is a better way of doing the things that you do and constantly write down the things you wish you could do (but currently can’t) since these are usually hints about steps you need to change. Get into the habit of asking yourself, “Is there a better way I could be doing this?” and you will find there often is.

5.) Impossibilities Often Aren’t:

If you begin with the notion that something is impossible, then it obviously will be for you. If, on the other hand, you decide to see if something is possible or not, you will find out through trial and error.

Thread Graveyard (forever dead)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff