Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
'Tis the Season. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll.
  Lawl.
View Results

s4mgir1v3rsi0n

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:25 pm
I called her on the phone and she touched herself...

For people to become utterly desperate and horrible people. It's honestly ridiculous.

I really don't hate Christmas.. but I hate what it does to people. This will be my fourth Christmas working in the service industry. I'm actually glad I work at a grocery store now as opposed to a store where people do most of their Christmas shopping. People get so irritable and rude around this time of year, it drives me crazy.

Even worse, today before I got into work our store had been robbed twice (someone walked right into our receiving bay and took a whole bunch of meat and then someone came in again a few hours later and stole more), there was an apparent hostage situation the next town over and a possible shooting about 40 minutes away. Also, this Friday or Saturday someone robbed the local Subway store and punched the poor girl working in the mouth. >.>

Ugh, people drive me crazy. Christmas is supposed to be a happy time of year where you spend time with people you love. Giving a receiving gifts is just a bonus.. but people make it out to be the end of the world and they expect so much. I hate it.

Feel free to share similar experiences or NICE Holiday stories in hopes that I regain some of my faith in humanity. xP

...I laughed myself to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:52 pm
I know what you mean. That's why my parents are doing the shopping online and at small stores. But people are INSANE! I was in this hair place last night and this lady was throwing a fit because there was this shelf that wasn't 40% off like the rest of the store because they were going out of business.

I think the craziness starts on Black Friday when everyone goes crazy. I friend got ran over by an old lady, I had to laugh. I love the Holiday and it's meaning...just not the craziness that people cause about it.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:10 pm
lol
I don't think people go that crazy over Christmas around here... but then... we have a lot of craziness going around the whole year sweatdrop

What is Black Friday?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:06 pm
Oh, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving where just about every store has some kind of huge sale that starts early in the morning, there were stores opened as early as 4 a.m.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:19 am
Flurgin Popin
Oh, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving where just about every store has some kind of huge sale that starts early in the morning, there were stores opened as early as 4 a.m.
Which is reason enough that I won't go shopping the month before and after holidays. x.x;

HELL! It's not even CLOSE to February and some of the stores here in Louisville have Valentine's Day stuff up. x.x; Some even have Easter stuff up! I mean-- Come on~ It's just a blasted day where families get together and fake smiles around everyone. ==  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:22 am
Don't bad things like that happen all the time? Or maybe it's that people only notice things like burglaries or violence when it's christmas and everything is supposed to be perfect? I guess it depends on how you look at things. I do see people who are grumpy and mean in the stores when I shop. But I also see just as many people who walk around looking at decorations and potential gifts with smiles on their faces.  

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

MissChie

Invisible Browser

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:44 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Worked in the retail biz last year and it was HELL, absolute HELL on black friday and almost all days afterwards throughout the 2nd week of January.
This year I work in the "leisure business" at a hotel and while I may not have to deal with "THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE $3.99 not $4.50!" I'm still within driving distance of all the mall madness. I've nearly gotten rear-ended 2 times since Black Friday all because I didn't IMMEDIATELY floor it at the green light. Between the hours of 2-7 pm I refuse to drive and so I end up bumming around at work to pass the time of what is "RUSH HOURS" traffic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 pm
!? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. !?

Thank god everything I could possibly want this year is stuff I could easily get through an online store. >_>;

I see clips of people rampaging into stores on Black Friday and all that...Jesus...bunch of scary freaks.
"OMGIMUSTHAVETHAT!!11! GETOUTTAMYWAYGRANDMA!!!"

singull

Kale Demos

Familiar Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:48 pm
I like Christmas myself. And nothing bad had happened to our family since then. I do remember one time on the 13th of Friday in some couple of years ago, we were fetching a Christmas tree once and dad somehow forgot to shut the power from his truck.

After 45 minutes later, dad's truck has run out of juice. And we have to walk all the way to our mums place to get a ride back with charge cables.

I guess you could say that wasn't so bad. Sorry about what happened to your work area.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:57 pm
Black friday is when the people go to curcit city and fight over laptops blaugh oh and best buy too heart
My aunt actually manged to grab one domokun  

XAmberrXO

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:22 pm

lol... black friday seem... scary O:
I haven't bought Christmas presents yet ;T
I don't even know if I'll be able to survive it xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:24 pm
Oh my god. Black Friday was ******** insane. I`ll break my arm to get out of working if I`m still at Target.

There was stuff everywhere and some [large length of obscene words ahead; highlight at own risk]

Hildr

Clever Goat

Dictator STD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:52 pm

@Poet: LOL
This is Madness!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:44 pm
And it`s not even Sparta.

Wait. Was that said in 300?

I can`t remember. [needs to watch it again]

Hildr

Clever Goat

Cinnabunns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:51 pm
My mom had a job at safeway when she was 17 and the thing that helped her not get angry or lose her temper was that, if you're scanning peoples food or something and their be really mean or rude you can just crush their raspberries or their grapes. Or whatever it is they're buying.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff