Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Stuupid teacher Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frozenpocky626

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:14 pm
This has to be the dumbest thing ever . i said this is gay in class to my self and my science teacher overheard and made me go to detention. Pretty stupid huh? My techer just hates me . What you think about this ?
ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:26 pm
There may be many worlds,
But they all share the same sky!

She over-reacted a bit, but ya shouldn't have been talkin' in class

One sky...
One destiny...

Alluminn
Vice Captain

Sonic Offline

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:35 pm
User Image

lol

I was written up for insubordination because I wouldn't check out a textbook for sign language, yet teachers don't have the power to force a student to check out a book...

...weird.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:38 pm
It could be stupid, but that also depends on several things.

One, I don`t know all of the situation, therefore I cannot come to a reasonable conclusion.
Two, you could have really offended the teacher.

If that isn`t all of the situation, depending, you could have deserved the detention. Say, if you were in class taking a test or the teacher was lecturing, then you did indeed deserve it because you should not be talking then in the first place.
If you were given free time and allowed to talk, then yes, it may be a little extreme unless the teacher is gay and|or really easily offended. In this case, you must moderate and carefully watch the words you use.

If that is not the case, then yes it is too extreme.
Also, I`ve been given a detention [three actually] for things much less "offensive" and far more trivial.

Can anybody tell that I just got done doing a large lab write up for biology in which we must examine everything to death?
>.>

Hildr

Clever Goat

DumberDan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:00 pm
Man, you better not be in High School, because in our house, we cuss all the time, in front of the teacher, behind the teacher, in to the teacher. And not just using 'gay' either...I mean other words. It's horrible. But if its like Elementary I can understand. Don't talk in class! Sure way to get yourself an F and a scolding by mom.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:15 pm
It's not reaally that odd my high school atcually has a policy against saying "that's gay" (it's in our student handbook)even though i've never seen a person get in trouble for it

But then again my school has a policy against bringing PS3s to school also
and
no i didn't type that wrong

KeriBeri

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:12 pm
In all honesty, I would have given you detention, too. =/

Teachers generally put a lot of effort into their classes and are teachers for a reason. To have a student call their class, their career, "gay" is offensive, to say the least.

If you were showing off something you put a lot of effort in and were proud of it, and someone called it gay, I think you'd be mad, also.

Show some respect.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:18 pm
That's just rude, kiddo. You should put yourself in your teachers shoes.  

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

Frozenpocky626

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:44 am
This was at a time when we could talk and i was acully talking to my self and she overheard . We were doing some group prodject and my group was going to change what we planned . But before we could do that she called our group and we asked her if she could come back to us but she wouldn't  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:27 am
I don't see how that makes it okay. I don't usually mumble rude and possibly hurtful things in an audible manner where people have the possibility to hear it.  

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

Officer Hot Pantz V2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:31 am
I got sent to detention one time because I clapped really loud in the middle of class....

The substitute teacher was really old and she fell asleep and I was just trying to wake her up..

True story.. sad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:37 am
I lol`d, American.

Once, I got detention because I asked to go make a copy of notes.
True story.

Our substitute must`ve shoved something in the wrong place `cos she was being a real b***h. She told us discussing politics was not related to the class, which, I might add, was called AP Government and Politics.
Emphasis on that.

Hildr

Clever Goat

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:49 am
    Well, I think she maybe over exaggerated. But you should go saying stuff like that in class :3
    It's classed as bad language, and most school don't accept that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:36 pm
Total idiot! I also have a stupid teacher! Instead of saying, "you may go back to your classroom", he said, "You may back to your classroom"! How illiterate!  

Purachina Princess

Nephrastar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:35 pm
I got Saturday School because I was whispering to someone...
I can understand that kind of punishment if you're a teacher and was in a really piss poor mood... and have talkative classes all throughout the day.
And yes, my teacher was in that kind of mood too the day it happened.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff