Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Winter Concerts... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baka Choy

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:48 pm
*Sigh* Just yesterday I had a concert at the San Gabriel Playhouse. My group was playing and I was really freaked out. Everyone can see me because I was playing wide open. I messed up 2 times. Enough to freak me out. The day after I was really tired and stressed. I kept telling myself to play better. Any one play an instrument? Stage Fright?

( Btw I play the violin. ^^; ) Lock this if nessasary.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:45 pm
I play violin. During the chair auditions, I screwed up, after long hours of practice. Because of that, I ended up 9th chair. Out of fifteen.
During the concert I screwed up on one of the songs. I was kind of relieved that moment that I wasn't in the front. But still...and it was really stupid to.
But usually, I don't get stage fright or anything like that, unless I have a solo.

Alchemist of the Twilight

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:47 pm
Don't worry, you'll get used to it. I have a concert next Thursday. I play the Bari. Sax. and the concert band is playing with the chorus. But I know I'll play a wrong note or two because I have to play the Trombone part, which is very annoying. But in jazz band I play the correct part and this year I have a solo. But I'm pretty excited though! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:49 pm
I play scores of instruments. Some pretty well, others I just know the fingerings and that`s about it.

I used to be second chair Bb Clarinet, then I moved to Eb, so I was the only one. Then I started playing Bari Sax. Imagine that one, 5`0 me with that beast.
And trumpet and French horn during concert seasons. I was first chair Horn in my high school in the States, so I always ended up with solos. I usually screwed up in practices because my ear`s tuned to a Bb instrument not an F. x[

But I normally did fine on the day of the concert.
Our band kinda sucked because it was 7-12 grade, so we had 2 years of experience all the way up to 7, in my case, 9. We sounded like a Jr. High band most of the time.
Except on the really hard pieces where only the 10-12 graders played. xDDD

Good times, good times.

Hildr

Clever Goat

Pailzor
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:20 pm
San Gabriel, huh? User Image

But um... At my church in December, there's a bunch of concerts on sunday afternoons/nights, so parking is horrible... sweatdrop
Last week, we had to park three blocks away, and my friend parked practically next to his house.... (He lives somewhat near the church)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:22 pm
heart  

Purachina Princess

T i f a

Omnipresent Entrepreneur

10,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 pm
[User Image]

We had our holiday concert last night and it was on our local radio station online. I played trumpet in it, but I mainly play French horn now. As for stage fright, I tend to get it during chair placements or honor band auditions.

[User Image]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:12 am
i could never do that  

Usagimitai

Noche Flor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:19 pm
My dying star...

I started Flute in fourth grade and in 5th grade I joined our school band and I was the best flute out of 5, and I really sucked to, but I had a good ear for it. Don't know how that worked out. And then in sixth grade I was in honor band and I screwed up mission impossible and the 1812 overture, but now I'm really good at them. And I kinda stopped once I moved and now I'm just a singer. As for stage fright, I have it a little, but I found out that eye contact works better than looking far away cause then you just look dazed and s**t. I just sing for my church at school and I'm auditioning for a chorus in the high school I'm going to next year.

...Will turn night to day

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:30 pm
Dragon of the Stars
My dying star...

I started Flute in fourth grade and in 5th grade I joined our school band and I was the best flute out of 5, and I really sucked to, but I had a good ear for it. Don't know how that worked out. And then in sixth grade I was in honor band and I screwed up mission impossible and the 1812 overture, but now I'm really good at them. And I kinda stopped once I moved and now I'm just a singer. As for stage fright, I have it a little, but I found out that eye contact works better than looking far away cause then you just look dazed and s**t. I just sing for my church at school and I'm auditioning for a chorus in the high school I'm going to next year.

Oh gosh. What a coincidence. In my sixth grade band, we played Mission Impossible, and this year (eighth grade), we're playing the Nutcracker. We screwed up on our concert a couple days ago because my band wasn't... working together. My teacher got mad at us sweatdrop and I hate the Nutcracker because it's just so darn fast. =_= Too fast for me to keep up. Oh by the way, I play a flute :3  

Riceycake

singull

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:07 am
!? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. !?

I used to play the clarinet back in middle school.
I never got stage fright when doing concerts because there were a ton of other people playing the piece with me, and it's unlikely that the audience will notice a few mess-ups when listening to a big group play music. P;

I kinda miss doing concerts. D:
I remember for one concert we did movie music.. >3>
One of the pieces we did was music from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. >w<

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 am
Riceycake
Dragon of the Stars
My dying star...

Oh gosh. What a coincidence. In my sixth grade band, we played Mission Impossible, and this year (eighth grade), we're playing the Nutcracker. We screwed up on our concert a couple days ago because my band wasn't... working together. My teacher got mad at us sweatdrop and I hate the Nutcracker because it's just so darn fast. =_= Too fast for me to keep up. Oh by the way, I play a flute :3
My dying star...

I remember in my hand bell choir (still play hand bells) we were playing Irish Washerwoman and we went crazy with all the variations and we didn't screw up a single note. We were so hyper after and then our music teacher had to make us run a few laps around the church like an hour before we played Silent Night so we wouldn't be to fast. ><

Noche Flor

squallx25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:20 pm
i play Bb Clarinet and Percussion (Snare Drum and Timpani) at my high school, i only get nervous when i have a solo or something but that's it, i'm currently the best one in my section for Clarinet so it's annoying because if there's a "hard" section in a piece, they rely on me to play it, sometimes it's perfect sometimes it's not but whatever, it seems more boring each band class i go to because the pieces we play just seem so boring to me (too easy) confused  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:33 pm
Riceycake
Dragon of the Stars
My dying star...

I played Mission Impossible when I was in 8th grade, only it was the Jazz Band.

I also played Birdland in 8th grade then in 10th & 11th grade in my new school.  

Flurgin Popin

Dapper Citizen

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Hildr

Clever Goat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:17 pm
I just remembered this really ******** hard piece we played, and well, we screwed it up. Bad.

It was Fugue on Yankee Doodle by Sousa.

. . .

I was ashamed.

[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out