Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
RECRUITING FOR LITERATE RP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enola the Witch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:36 am
Okay, so I'm getting a little tired of finding a bunch of RPers in stories with really good plots that don't know what they're doing or care about their story. So here's me calling out to all of the good literate writers out there. I am forming a band of sorts, to get together a few people that fit the standards that I'm looking for. I know, it sounds vain of me to assume superiority, but most of the RPers I've met are slackers. I've read through some of the stories on here, and I've found a lot of good writers.

Proposition: Send me a sample paragraph and/or profile for your audition. Also, put at the beginning of your sample a little bit about yourself. I know introductions are awkward, but try your best. Title this message "Recruit"

The Plan:Once I've gotten together the people that I think will work best, we'll all work together to decide the general idea of the story. WE WILL BE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED TO POST IN THIS STORY, SO IT WILL BE EXCLUSIVE.

Also, tell your friends, even if they're not in the guild, about the auditions if you think they'd be interested. The auditions start now and will end once we've found enough people.

The game will take place in a guild called "RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action", though I'm not sure which subforum as of yet. If you are not a part of the guild and wish to be involved in the auditions, then that is fine. But if you wish to take place in the story, you will have to join the guild upon being accepted.

Sound good? Any questions, feel free to ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:16 am
I find myself to be a fairly literate RPer. If you want to see what I myself do. Go to the Lonely Girls Club RP in the romance RP section.  

Colonel Mau

x___o KawaiiNeko-Chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:40 pm
I'm so tired of people doing things like this as well! I made a really good RP, with a really good plot, and some people just came along, turned it into their open personal romance RP, and just left there to try and keep the story going. It didn't work, of course, and when they got bored, the RP died. What bugged me even more, was that they would totally forget to check their work before submitting, like they would completely re-arrange the letters in someone's name, and it drove me insane! (Not that I'm not insane already, but aren't all good writers the ones that hear voices in their heads?)

Also, I'm a total fantasy obsessed, romance loving, action adventure type, role playing geek! And here and there I enjoy lots of viscous blood and gore... which even my friends don't expect, sometimes. But if the Role Play calls for something a little more mellow, I can do that too.

So... sounds great! I'll send in the PM. But I have but one question, can it just be a paragraph of some good writing, or must it be from an RP?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 pm
I agree with and have the same question as dragon lover Dragonlover1993

(Curse unliterate rpers, and does the post have to be from an rp)

I've been role playing for seven years, (only been on Gaia for two weeks, but oh well - even if I'm a n00b, I'm not as bad as they usually are.) and am fairly literate. I have been looking for a literate group, so I hope that you will accept me.  

aliasJaneDoe

rick_tor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:53 am
I'm pretty Literate I think. My RP pal got super writers' block.
Example of work, I write in book format:
"[I studied for] the next grade." Mamoru seemed to be avoiding any conversation. Mamoru looked at Sarah then to the moon, "You know, I did like her but I guess it was a lost cause." Sarah looked at Mamoru surprised, "I think I liked her ever since she protected me from those bullies in the orphanage. But, but I shouldn't be in love with her; my feelings will get in the way of stuff. Usually I would tell John this but he, he I think is in love with Arria." Mamoru looked to Sarah, "Maybe instead of everyone protecting me, I should be protecting them. I just need to get stronger." Mamoru stood up and yelled, "I'll be number one!" He plopped down and sat, "I can't act anymore." Mamoru's smiling face died and his eyes finally opened. Those closed eyes were concealing something; it was tears about to form.
"Hey I used to think I liked John but, he was just a nice guy that acted nice to a complete stranger like me." Mamoru leaned on Sarah then backed off. "Mamoru you idiot, even adults cry when they have unrequited love." She held Mamoru real close and told him, "It's okay to cry." She felt moisture on her shoulder, Mamoru breathed shallowly and hyperventilated.
"Thank you Sarah,"

I'm used to playing as more than one character and a girl. I also can lead but I want to follow.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:58 pm
People need to be literate, if they are not it is a shame.  

starwarrior3000

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff