Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Stories about your family! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:18 pm
Hey there, anyone want to talk about some of the strange and wonderful events that have happened to their parents, siblings or themselves?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:03 am
Well I come on Gaia to forget about all that but since this is the topic of the thread... I have a brother. razz <-- There, I just talked about my family. xd wink  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:48 am
I'm an only child. And I have parents. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:29 am
Everyone is my family is human. surprised Bet you never knew that. xD
But really, it seems like I'm the only one who is evil. ninja

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:13 am
All my family and relatives are asians... Chinese...!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:33 am
Hm..
This could take awhile..
I'll just try to be brief..

I have two little brothers and one little sister. We live with our parents..
Both of my parents were born in Vietnam.

Mom's family were Chinese living in Vietnam. My grandparents had 8 kids.
Mainlanders considered her family to be Hoa or Vietnamese. During the Vietnam war they ran to Guangdong. (Stupid Nixon) Most of my mom's family live in California. I think I have 20 cousins there. sweatdrop My great grandpa fought against Japanese in WWII.

While my dad's family were 75% Vietnamese. Grandparents on that side 7 had kids. I still have reliatives there. They ran from North Vietnam to Hong Kong. Lets just say some people in the family aren't speaking to each other.. One of my uncles fought for the Viet-cong (North Vietnamese army)

What a big family.. There..

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Rikku201

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:14 am
Hmmm, well okay. To start off my parents are french and british. My little brother is a mix of Native American, Mexican, African, and i think Irish. My older brother is half british and half swedish. My parents adopted me and my little brother from teenage mothers (my older brother is just my moms kid, my dad is his stepdad). Whats really kinda funny is the fact that my brother has humoungous furry hair so he looks like he has and afro. Well thats pretty much it. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:25 am
Well, my family's the typical sort. Mum, dad, little brother, two grandmothers and one grandfathers. Most have uninteresting life stories.

However, my grandfather's the most interesting one in my family, having been a propaganda writer for the People's Red Army in China before coming to Australia.  

Minielf

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:38 pm
Well I think my family's story is gonna be quite interesting...

My grandfather on my father's side, was a spy for the Chinese Red Army during the Sino-Japanese war. In his division there were 185 people in the beginning, at the end of the war only 3 survived. I remember him crying during the 8/15 celebrations because of the friends he lost.

After the war, because of his contribution, he was promoted to the 9th rank in the Communist Party, (background info here: the 1st rank is the highest, and only one person had that title - Mao. There are about 25 ranks in total, and the total amount of people that ranks 10th rank or higher in China is no more than 200). While it was great for a while, it also made him a target during the Cultural Revolution (damn that stupid era). So he suffered quite a bit too. Still, even after all that persecution and false labelling my grandfather is still fierecly loyal to the PRC... (which is half of the contribution towards my patriotism towards China).

My grandmother on my father's side was the head nurse in the People's Red Army Hospital of FuXin. There was only my dad and my aunt on that side, and I have a cousin who's 5 years older.

Now onto my mother's side. My grandfather on my mother's side was a general in the People's Red Army. Rank is similar to General in the States. Mainly works in the communication department, and my grandmother on my mother's side is also in the army, one rank lower than my grandfather. Because they were soldiers my mother's side of the family didn't suffer much during the Cultural Revolution. On that side there's my mother and my aunt, and I have a cousin who's 1 year younger.

Anyways, my grandparents on both sides were all extremely well educated, and are all fierecely loyal to China (and it passed on to my parents, then to me). Both my parents are mechanical engineers. I'm the only child.

There, there's my family's story, enjoy. stare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:58 am
My friend's family history is a lot more interesting than mine..

Her grandpa convicted more Japanese war criminals after WWII than anyone else, so had to change his name and run lots of places because Japanese people kept trying to assassinate him.

Her great-great grandpa led the last ever cavalry charge.

Her great-great-great-great-grandpa was Grand Master of the Knights Templar.

She doesn't know what her real name is..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:48 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
My friend's family history is a lot more interesting than mine..

Her grandpa convicted more Japanese war criminals after WWII than anyone else, so had to change his name and run lots of places because Japanese people kept trying to assassinate him.

She doesn't know what her real name is..

you've got to be f*king kidding me... either you're incredibly gullible or you're friend has a big mouth. eek If it's true... well then... I don't know what to say.
@cat: you have yet to explain why you don't get red pocket money.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:51 pm
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
My friend''s family history is a lot more interesting than mine..

She doesn''t know what her real name is..

you''ve got to be f*king kidding me... either you''re incredibly gullible or you''re friend has a big mouth. eek If it''s true... well then... I don''t know what to say.
@cat: you have yet to explain why you don''t get red pocket money.

Something about breaking away from tradition and due to the amount of education they recieved they think it''ll "spoil" me if I get red pocket money stare  

Cat-Whiskers

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:53 pm
Cat-Whiskers
Well I think my family's story is gonna be quite interesting...

My grandfather on my father's side, was a spy for the Chinese Red Army during the Sino-Japanese war. In his division there were 185 people in the beginning, at the end of the war only 3 survived. I remember him crying during the 8/15 celebrations because of the friends he lost.

After the war, because of his contribution, he was promoted to the 9th rank in the Communist Party, (background info here: the 1st rank is the highest, and only one person had that title - Mao. There are about 25 ranks in total, and the total amount of people that ranks 10th rank or higher in China is no more than 200). While it was great for a while, it also made him a target during the Cultural Revolution (damn that stupid era). So he suffered quite a bit too. Still, even after all that persecution and false labelling my grandfather is still fierecly loyal to the PRC... (which is half of the contribution towards my patriotism towards China).

My grandmother on my father's side was the head nurse in the People's Red Army Hospital of FuXin. There was only my dad and my aunt on that side, and I have a cousin who's 5 years older.

Now onto my mother's side. My grandfather on my mother's side was a general in the People's Red Army. Rank is similar to General in the States. Mainly works in the communication department, and my grandmother on my mother's side is also in the army, one rank lower than my grandfather. Because they were soldiers my mother's side of the family didn't suffer much during the Cultural Revolution. On that side there's my mother and my aunt, and I have a cousin who's 1 year younger.

Anyways, my grandparents on both sides were all extremely well educated, and are all fierecely loyal to China (and it passed on to my parents, then to me). Both my parents are mechanical engineers. I'm the only child.

There, there's my family's story, enjoy. stare

Whoa, your grandparents are pretty interesting. Are they still both alive?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:01 am
Minielf

My grandfather on my father's side passed away due to brain tumor (or something like that...) and my grandmother on my mother's side passed away due to cancer crying  

Cat-Whiskers

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:03 am
Cat-Whiskers
Minielf

My grandfather on my father's side passed away due to brain tumor (or something like that...) and my grandmother on my mother's side passed away due to cancer crying

Oh well. My grandfather on my mother's side died well before I was even born, so I have absolutely no idea of who he was. My other three grandparents are still alive.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff