Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
How much money do u get for Chinese New Year? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wingedlilazn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:28 am
me?...little...bout $300 the most per year...!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:08 am
I only got to celebrate chinese new year once. But that time i got $30. blaugh  

Rikku201

wingedlilazn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:51 am
kool...!...i lik ur siggy...mai fwend has three unfortunately for her xanga(web journal)...sighs*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:59 pm
i started getting $1000, but then i started only getting $500, and then $300, and less and less each year gonk  

[J.C.]

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:26 am
I only get $50 for my Chinese pocket money each year. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:03 am
Erm.. I get about £40 (pounds sterling) from my parents, but then relatives in China tend to give me a LOT more.. like about 2,000 yuan every year, or something.. but I don't get it for ages.. this time when I went back to China I was flooded with money (had no idea what to do with it..) xp  

Niphredil Ithilmir

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:32 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Erm.. I get about £40 (pounds sterling) from my parents, but then relatives in China tend to give me a LOT more.. like about 2,000 yuan every year, or something.. but I don't get it for ages.. this time when I went back to China I was flooded with money (had no idea what to do with it..) xp

Send it to me. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:59 am
t0shi0
Niphredil Ithilmir

Send it to me. ninja

Well, it's in my bank account now xp plus I bought an iPod mini which took a bit out of it..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:05 am
Aren't red pockets proportionally relational to number of relatives? Or can you say that they're are inversely proportionally to the number of siblings and cousins? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:51 am
None, never gotten them before (damn modernized family who don't believe in red pockets... stare )  

Cat-Whiskers

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:28 am
Cat-Whiskers
None, never gotten them before (damn modernized family who don't believe in red pockets... stare )
But perhaps that affords you liberties that a more traditional family would frown upon. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:39 pm
Depends...
neutral

Syeori

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:54 pm
Cat-Whiskers

Aww, I can't believe your family is that modernized that they won't even honour centuries old traditions. Does you family only consist of you, your parents and siblings, with no other relatives? 'cos if you have grandparents, I'm sure they would be the old-fashioned sort.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:30 pm
tamcharles
Cat-Whiskers
But perhaps that affords you liberties that a more traditional family would frown upon. xd

perhaps... perhaps not stare seems like they're only modernized in the sense of "don't spoil your only child", still same high standards on school/social life/etc etc gonk

Minielf
Aww, I can't believe your family is that modernized that they won't even honour centuries old traditions. Does you family only consist of you, your parents and siblings, with no other relatives? 'cos if you have grandparents, I'm sure they would be the old-fashioned sort.

Actually none of my grand parents, aunts, uncles, and all the rest of the relatives, believe in red pockets gonk My family's.... well I'll put my family's story in the family thread. You'll see... (again, curses the modernization of my family stare )  

Cat-Whiskers

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:35 pm
About $80 a year, depends on if my Grandma didn't go visit reletives in Vietnam. 3nodding Plus the weather and if the whole family is getting along of course.

Reliatives from San Fransico give more! xd Last time I visited for new years..
About $600 total. $_$;

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces