Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kage no Gensou; A Yuugiou((Yugioh)) Guild

Back to Guilds

A friendly guild for any and all types of Yuugiou: Duel Monsters fans. 

Tags: Yuugiou, Yugioh, Duel Monsters, Anime, Manga 

Reply General Discussion
Your Favorite Arc of Yu-Gi-Oh Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Arc of Yu-Gi-Oh?
Duelist Kingdom
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Virtual World 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dungeon Dice Monsters
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Battle City
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Noah's Arc (lol)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Battle City Finals
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doma Orichalcos Saga
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
KC Grand Prix
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pharaoh's Memory/Millennium World
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Ceremonial Battle
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Chiffanni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:31 am
Among all the arcs of Yu-Gi-Oh, which do you like most and why? So, yeah...discuss?

Note: I was supposed to add 'Capsule Monsters' to the poll and then a cheesy pun too, but it wouldn't let me. Woes! gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 pm
Oh, this is a pretty nifty idea for a thread. ^^ I don't think we've had one like it... (unless I'm mistaken.)

I'd have to go with Battle City. My reasoning being that I'm a huge Malik fan, and he is pretty much the main villian of this arch, also there is a variety of characters that show up in this arch and it's a lot of fun with such a diverse cast. Plus, the mind controlled duels are just plain cool. After that I'd have to go with Battle City finals... so much drama!! I loved it! ^^

If anybody had said Capsule Monsters I would've kicked their arse off of Gaia.. *grumbles* XD; Just kidding. Tehe, too bad I would've liked to see the pun.  

Akila_Ishtar

Chiffanni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:22 pm
Ah yes, I chose Battle City as well. ^^;

Because for me, that's when they started delving deeper into the plot and when the dueling really became interesting. Battle City introduced a lot of new characters (particularly Malik), developed them and gave them some background. It had brilliant strategies, dramatic events, twists, and not to mention a lot of suspenseful moments. And while the finals are just as awesome in my opinion, I didn't really favor the art like I did with Battle City (which had some of the best ones).

Drama + Mind-controlled dueling = heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:31 pm
Erm... I meant to select Battle City Finals, but I'm retarded and accidentally selected Battle City. ^^;; Battle City is my second-favorite, but I prefer the finals because of all the drama... I really loved Jounouchi's duels with Rishid and Yami no Malik, and I loved Yami no Yuugi VS Yami no Bakura, Mai VS Yami no Malik, and Isis VS Kaiba as well. X3 They were all really cool duels, and the drama... <3 The four-way duel to decide the semi-final matches was really really neat too, and I loved how it explained so much of Malik's, Rishid's, and Isis' pasts. And Jounouchi almost died! gonk It was great... Not to mention that it is probably the arc that Shizuka is in the most, and it also has one of my all-time favorite duels, even though it is only in the anime, the second Kaiba VS Jounouchi. <3 I just loved how much Jounouchi managed to piss Kaiba off, even though he still lost in the end... Ah, but I do agree that Battle City had better art, not to mention it had the Possessed Jounouchi VS Yuugi death duel... loved that one too. It definitely comes in a close second for me. ^^ Then probably the Egypt Arc, because it's so much darker than the others and doesn't over-focus on dueling... I just don't like how it focuses so much on Atem, and also the lack of Kaiba in the manga version. D: Then I probably go with Duelist Kingdom because it's classic and it has so many awesome Pegasus moments, even though the dueling sucks. I really actually did like the Virtual Worlds and Doma sagas too, even though they were filler. o.o And Dungeon Dice Monsters was short but sweet. X3 Gosh, I love them all! <3 Except maybe the duel with Rebecca... and the KC Grand Prix wasn't too amazing either, but it wasn't bad...  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:39 pm
Mhm, yea you both make good points.

The reason I liked Battle City a little more was because the dueling wasn't confined to main characters as it ended up being. I mean, annoying as some of the mind slaves were, they were also cool. I guess I felt more refreshed by new side stories when it came to Battle City. I also liked how all the danger starts rising right about then, that's when everybody starts to realize Malik is such a threat.

It continues to build up until the point where Malik becomes Yami no Malik and then the climax follows soon after. I guess I didn't like the finals as much because I only liked one character that they focused on and he ended up becoming unconscious for the majority of the time. *Shrugs* I'm so bias really. X3; Oh and I actually did like doma a bit. It was exciting... for some reason. XD; And yea, the Duelist Kingdom duels were boring (at least they were short) but it had it's moments, corny as they were, I still enjoyed it a lot. It got me hooked.

OH, another duel that isn't in the manga is the Malik&Yami no Bakura vs. Yami no Malik duel. T___T That makes me sad. It's such an awesome duel.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:45 pm
*blinks* I'm almost certain that Malik&Yami no BakuraVS Yami no Malik was in the manga. o.o I just read it recently, and Bakura definitely did dissapear... yes, I'm certain that duel was in the manga... it also showed some of Ra's hidden abilities to the reader before Yuugi and Kaiba figured them out.  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 pm
N-no way!!!!

Uh, really? Which volume is it? x__x; Maybe it's in a different order than in the anime? What the hell is wrong with me!?

x__X I FAIL lately. Don't fire me... -.-  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:36 pm
Took some digging, but I managed to find it at the very bottom of one of my manga piles. It's volume 20, the night before they arrive at Alcatraz. It takes up the majority of the volume. o.o  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:46 pm
Uhm.. wow, I own that one... hm, y'know. I bet I didn't read it.

-.-; In which case, I still fail.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:56 pm
*tries to keep herself from laughing*  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:10 pm
Now you are doubting my loyalty as a Yuugiou fangirl even more I bet! And that thing with Malik in the other guild and my signature and... wah... X__X I just fail, I need to be condemned! gonk crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 pm
There there. *pats back* lol  

Chiffanni

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:21 pm
Thanks Chiffanni... *sniffle*

Hey what does your username mean anyway? Just curious. It's unique. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:22 pm
I-it's okay! o.o I don't think you need to be an obsessed person who knows everything to be a YUU*GI*OU fan. ^^;; And I was just teasing about the Death Note sig... Sorry. ^^;;  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight
Captain

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Chiffanni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:57 pm
Akila: Oh, I translated my first name into Japanese and changed the spelling. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff