Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] Questions and Comments Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read the newcomers thread before coming here?
  O.O Thread?? Oh shoot.. ::runs off::
  YEP!! ::nods proudly::
  I've noticed the many links.. but I'm too lazy. =.=
View Results

Rene the Hopeless

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:22 pm
For anyone who has a question or is lost, stuck or can't find the answer to a problem, just post it here, our active members or crew always love to help.

Before you ask a question read this thread.

Many questions have been asked continuously, so here is a quick recap of the most popular ones... so they aren't asked again. Most of these are answered in the FAQ in the thread I just mentioned, but I know many of you are too lazy to actually read through the whole thing so here goes!

Q:What do I do!! I just joined and now I'm totally lost!! Where should I start?!?

A:Take a deep breath. There is a multitude of things you can do. first go to the In-Depth Character Profile thread and create your Rian.

Next you can order an I.D... or put it off till later. (Go down two Q&As for the link.)

After all that hard work, feel free to start roleplaying. You are free to start anywhere, but I recommend this thread here. Another good spot is any of the courtyards, both North and South. People tend to like to hang out here, a great place to introduce your character.

Q:Why aren't there any classes in the On-Campus subforum? Isn't this supposedly a school?

A:We used to have classes, but barely anyone participated and it was just wasted space. So no, we don't have classes or classrooms, we may have in the future, but this is undecided.

Classes? Well we don't have any real classes threads. Its all assumed what your character is taking and is taking it. And if he/she is skipping. Well that will make your life easier now wouldn't it XD?

Q:Were do you all get such spiffy I.D.s I WANT ONE!!!

A:Simple, you can go the the mini-shops subforum and browse through the shops, put in an order, wait awhile and TAADAA!!

Q:How do you know when new events or star-earning oppurtunities pop-up? Is it the beginning of the month? Or after it? WHEN?!?

A:Normally, they'll pop up in the events subforum.

If they are events without a set thread, They will be announced in the Updates and Announcements thread.

If you don't want to check there everyday, simply subscribe to RiaHighSchool as a friend, all announcements are sent out to all his friends. You will receive a PM with the post.

Q:Are star tests strictly for main characters, or can second/third/etc characters be used? (of course not at the same time)

A:It can be for any of your characters you pick. But you can only bring in one to the Test. Its cause of the vast growing members of Ria high we want to have everyone get a chance. It's hard for the kiddies to judge a heaping pile of entries, so only one to a person.

Q:What should i do when im bored and have no one to RP with?

A:Find the nearest bed and sleep?

Theres not only Ria high to be RPing in >_< Sorry about the difference of Time zones and that some people might be busy with there 'real lives' and such. Otherwise some people just might not be in the mood to RP.

Theres Barton town subforum outside in the Gaia forums however, You could find a good RP thread here and there and about as you await for some Ria high friends to come back on so you can RP.

Or even better, as you find a place outside Ria high, bring in some more RP buddies so you can have more then one person to RP about with In Ria high.

Or else just chat in general until someone wants to RP.

Q:Does the "Arts" section in the profile that a newcomer fills out mear talents or what they wish to study at the high school?

A:Arts are like your magical powers. Like my character controls ice and manipulates light, therefore her arts are; Ice and Light Manipulation.

Or. If you have no powers, but you handle a weapon or you do martial arts or something, then your arts would be Weaponry or (Whatever ever type of Martial Arts you do)

Q:Do we need to sleep in dorms? Or can we just sleep outside, like in trees for example.

A:Feel free! Celeste never owned a dorm and just camped in the courtyard, you can do the same. Dorms are optional, not a requirement.

Q:When is the next star testing?

A:WE DONT KNOW!! Normally the happen every 2 months or so, but most of the crew have lives, it takes planning and isn't as easy as you think. It takes at least a week to plan completely and everyone has to be available. It will be announced on the announcements, don't worry, you will have fair warning. We're doing the best we can. In the mean time there are many other ways to earn stars!

Q:I lost my character in the forums and forgot where he was last! What do I do?

A:Simply start somwehere else! It's the same as if your RP partner gets busy or hasn't shown up for a couple of days.. just be somewhere else all of a sudden, no one said Ria had to make sense!

Q:Where is the information on star levels? I can't find it...

A:Star System Info <- Right there!! Go read!!

Q:How do I get Stars??

A:For getting stars, the easiest way is just to RP with some amazing skill.. and then if a crew member likes reading your posts you get stars.

If we have another star test, you can also participate.

Q:I can't get a star and I desperately need a dorm!!! (<- Being whiney stare )

A:if you need a dorm.. (I'm not sure if you're actually allowed to do this.. but it's my version of being sneeky) Find someone who has one and ask nicely if you can share for awhile.. or just make friends and get invited to live with em.

The way I did it was sleep in the courtyard. But back then the star system didn't exist

Q:Nobody is ever here!! How am I supposed to RP??? cry

A:You must come on in some rather late time to catch Ria high unactive :/ Keep in mind that most of teh RPiers here still have school too >_<;; . You might catch a few people RPing here and there though. They just never really put themselves out in the general threads

Q:If you want to make your own ID card, how do you know what number you are?

A:If you wish to make your own ID card. You can pick any number. BUT YOU MUST have a significant letter after the NO. For example Ceron uses -C , Matt uses -M So if you would make your own, you would probably use. -ST or something so it would end up being No. 001-ST or so.

Q:I HAVE A QUESTION? WHY DOES KURAI ACT LIKE A WOMAN?

A:.... ::snicker::  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:07 am
Uhh... question. Are theonly two classes we have around here Swordsmanship, and Mythology??  

LonelyWinterRose

xxrageofangelsxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:27 am
So far. We don't get very many teachers. Plus, most ppl are more interested in just beating the crap out of stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:37 am
I have a "class" but its more like you come up to me to request training cuz I'm a lazy person who doesn't want to rp a whole class.  

LadyLight
Crew

LonelyWinterRose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:53 am
Oh ok thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:25 pm
We need a beach. Should we start one?  

LadyLight
Crew

angeltrinity
Crew

Agent Sex Symbol

17,725 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:28 pm
OOOO, a beach would be nice whee especially since its been like snowing lately, we need some warm place to go and have fun blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:28 pm
LadyLight
We need a beach. Should we start one?

*laughs*

Start a beach now.. in the middle of winter??  

LonelyWinterRose

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:30 pm
And why not? *huffs* I'll go start one now. You don't have to swim at a beach, I just wanted to see waterrr....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:32 pm
LadyLight
And why not? *huffs* I'll go start one now. You don't have to swim at a beach, I just wanted to see waterrr....

SOrry didnt mean to sound rude just came out that way.  

LonelyWinterRose

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:35 pm
XP I'm just teasing. I'm not angry. I'm in a wierd mood. *mutters darkly about the stupid essay*  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:36 pm
ah.. Heh I thought I had made my first enemy  

LonelyWinterRose

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:08 pm
hehe I'm not an enemy. Unless you want me to be...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:09 pm
NO thanks! This is my first day and I am already wrapped up in finding Joy's memory!! Never a boring day!  

LonelyWinterRose

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:12 pm
lol, I'm glad you're already enjoying the guild.^-^  
~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items