Like to go fishing ?
  Yes:
  No:
  Not even, its boring !!!:
  Don't know:
View Results

sloweiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:00 am
Have you gone out on deep sea fishing boat ? They usually motor out of the harbor, and go quite a distance from land before you start fishing.
I have been twice. The first time was with my dad and brother. We left the
harbor in Santa Barbara on a smaller boat that had a crew of four

including the captain. We traveled away from shore for abour 45 minutes, then the crew helped us get our poles and bait going. When fishing at sea,
you have many hooks on your line.That day we were using four hooks that were spaced about 18 inches apart. I caught 4 rock cod right away.

After that I spent most of my time leaned over the side of the boat feeding the fish with my breakfast. I was so sea-sick !!! Even after we made it back to land, I was sick for a few more hours. It was so horrible that I said "I'll never do that again !!! "

The second time I went, it was with school. There were two classes that went together. It was a very large boat that had a crew of 12, including the captain. We motored out past the man-made jetty, and past Morro Rock, leaving the sleepy fishing town of Morro Bay.

Almost all the kids and half of the teachers were sea-sick by the time we reached the fishing area. I had broken my leg five days before the trip, and I think the medication I was taking, kept me from getting sick. It was great !!! Me and one teacher were the only one's fishing. We both caught

our limit. Everyone else was so sick that they just wanted to be on land !!! The boat was rocking every which way, and very hard to walk around on deck. It was funny watching people stagger out of the galley and to the side of the boat to spew nutrients from thier bellies into the sea. Thats my fishing story. Notice there is no mention of the big one that got away...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 am
I get to go deep sea fishing this summer. I can't wait. I haven't been yet, but I did go on a bay cruise in SF and that would be along the lines of the boat we'll go in. I could barely walk 2 feet without almost falling. I totally get what they mean by sea legs now rofl you gotta work them leg muscles out!

but I do love fishing and I dont get motion sickness, so idk, hopefully I won't get sea sick. plus there's medicine you can take before you get on that should help with that. I forgot what it's called though.

Rutalia

sloweiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:50 pm
I think your talking about "Dramamine".  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:45 am
We try to get out at least once a summer to go deep sea fishing. It's a lot of fun.  

CelticPrincessMe

Rutalia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:14 am
sloweiser
I think your talking about "Dramamine".

yeah that's the stuff.. does it work?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:42 pm
I never fished before. well I helped my dad once in a while when I was like 6 or 7.......  

Broken_Wingless

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:46 pm
welll, my familly doesnt really have that much money so we dont have a boat or go on that many vacations. but i think that iwould enjoy fishing... i mean, u get free fish! *well, if u r patient...*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:27 am
We don't own a boat either. But its convenient for me to drive 30 minutes and go down the shore. We just go out on a party boat.  

CelticPrincessMe

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:16 am
thats cool! but everybody in my class at school is like really rich so they own like at least 2boats... i wish i could go with them... but we dont own a boat..... so that was like the endd of the conversation with me and my daad  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:41 am
narutorocks1109
thats cool! but everybody in my class at school is like really rich so they own like at least 2boats... i wish i could go with them... but we dont own a boat..... so that was like the endd of the conversation with me and my daad

and you go to a catholic school? all the kids in my catholic school were rich snot nosed brats and picked on me cuz i wasnt rich and stuck up like them. i loved the school but i could have done wthout some of the students hehehe personally i think i'd rather fish off a pier than a boat.. i think if i go deep sea fishing i will be more worried about standing than fishing rofl  

Rutalia

CelticPrincessMe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:48 pm
narutorocks1109

Wow! 2 Boats!?! I wish I could afford to own one...lol!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:56 pm
O.o

Santa B?

Which boat and which harbor...?
o.o

flower juice

otterpus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:39 pm
My deep sea fishing experiences were'nt the sportfishing type I had seen on TV. They were the living on a boat hoping to catch something interesting type. My best memory is actually of eating little flying fish that landed on deck. Not exactly like we fished for them, but they were mighty tasty.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:13 am
yea.... the kids at my catholic school dont really pick on me a lot.. but they stilll pick on me... crying but thats ok.. i got used to it  

narutorocks1109
Crew

BEATLES4LIFE
Vice Captain

3,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:36 am
http://avatar2.gaiaonline.com/gaia/members/ava/89/e4/549402e6b2e489_flip.png

GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR FISHING BAIT AS A GIFT OF SHOWING SOME LOVE. I SURE LOVE GOING FISHING.  
-The Guild's Main Forum.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff