Reply -The Guild's Main Forum.
My Cat Had A Stroke Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sloweiser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:40 pm
Yesterday my 19 year old cat had a stroke. It was very horrible to see him lose control of his body. I took him to the vet and they gave him a shot of dextrose and steroids. He was out of it, didn't seem to know me or where he was. He is much better today. It sure is a bummer knowing his time left with me is short !!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:39 pm
waaaaahhhhh.... u make me cry... crying .... well, not really but thats reallly sad.. i hope ur cat feels better! and is there a cat heaven?  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Rutalia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:11 pm
I'm sorry to hear about your cat but .. wow 19 years old... that's like 133 in cat years... you must have sure taken good care of that cat!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:48 pm
narutorocks1109
waaaaahhhhh.... u make me cry... crying .... well, not really but thats reallly sad.. i hope ur cat feels better! and is there a cat heaven?

I don't know the answer to that. But I do know that energy doesn't die, it just changes form...  

sloweiser

otterpus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:24 pm
I am so sorry to hear about your cat having a stroke. I can't imagine many things as distressing as seeing an individual you reallly care about going through something as serious as that. I'm really glad the vet was able to help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 am
Rutalia
I'm sorry to hear about your cat but .. wow 19 years old... that's like 133 in cat years... you must have sure taken good care of that cat!

well, there is the saying that cats have 9 lives...  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Rutalia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 am
narutorocks1109
Rutalia

well, there is the saying that cats have 9 lives...

maybe lol but 17 is really old for a cat.. 18 is ancient .. and this is the first 19 year old i've heard about but i guess I don't really know a lot of cats heheh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:11 pm
Rutalia

Really ? Whats the formula to figure that out ? I have never heard anything
like the ( A dog ages 7 years per 1 human year). Cats are now living to 25 years sometimes.  

sloweiser

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 am
well... my friends mom had a cat and gave it to my friend and it just turned 31 last week... its like ancient though... and its a black cat  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:30 pm
Thank you to all who answered !!! He is doing good, eating, drinking and using his box. He is kinda wobbly every now and then, but he doesn't seem to be aware of it, so thats kool !!! I'm just spoiling him as much as I can, and appreciate everyday further that I get to enjoy his company. Except the few weeks before he came to me, he has been with me all off his 19 years. When his time with me is over, I will have all the great memories of our time together...  

sloweiser

Th3-Cursed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:30 pm
thats good to hear....we had 1 that wuz spastic....(if im saying that right)

felt so powerless....seeing him twitching all over the floor.... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm
hey! no problem! we r ur friends... well on gaia, and as far as i know, ur cat seems awesome!  

narutorocks1109
Crew

Rutalia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:24 am
That is good to hear!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:29 pm
Our pets become part of our family, and nobody likes to see thier family members in any kind of pain !!! All of my family called with concern and hope that he was alright. My brother pointed out that "He's no spring chicken", LOL !!! Its hard to come to terms with losing a loved one, but, like everything that has ever lived, death is part of the journey...  

sloweiser

Rutalia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:07 am
sloweiser
Our pets become part of our family, and nobody likes to see thier family members in any kind of pain !!! All of my family called with concern and hope that he was alright. My brother pointed out that "He's no spring chicken", LOL !!! Its hard to come to terms with losing a loved one, but, like everything that has ever lived, death is part of the journey...

Oh my lord.... I can't even explain this, you have to be in person for me to explain it properly because it is an audio thing... But my step father is absolutely dog s@#$ crazy about his pooch Savannah. She is a black and White cookie looking MaltiPoo, half malti and half poodle. They are so cute... Now, you have to understand he has no kids of his own, so this has become his child. This man is NUTZ over this dog. He's an old salt, meaning he's crazy anyway, and thats a mix of a fishermen / Texas redneck... So the man's already teatering on the edge of sanity... you throw this dog into it.... Again, it's an audio thing, you'd have to hear it and you still won't believe it. but it goes something like

GOO GOO GOO GOOO GOOOOOOOODDDDNNEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

No that doesnt even come close to how ridiculous the man sounds.

All this is leading up to his poor little dog got has joint problems and went into surgery this weekend sad She's recovering but she has to wear a cast. I think my stepfather is going to take off work to look after her. (I'm only half kidding here)

I never understood how people could get so goofy over their dogs, but well... you saw the pictures of my dog in the pet thread.. I have 150 more where they came from on her own website, (that also comes with her own livejournal entries) so ... yeah.. anyway I don't have too much room to laugh at my stepfather now smile hehe

-The Guild's Main Forum.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff