Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil - Member REviews:: Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:26 am
(Name lovingly ripped from Bio's RE4 PS2 REview. xd )

If the other mods want to shut me down or move this, feel free to do so.

I just find reading game reviews to be a strange hobby of mine, so I wanted to get people to write some! I'll make a post for each game, and the mods can edit in their own reviews of the game as they please (or if they don't want to, that's fine). It's open to all! If you're a member who wants to put in a review, PM me with it and I'll edit it into the proper column. This is just for fun, so don't worry. Review whatever way you feel comfortable with. Maybe somebody shares my odd taste in passing time! This can also help other members who haven't played certain games get a feel for what they should buy if they do plan on buying. Have fun!

Note: If you have a game you're reviewing for a certain system (i.e. RE2 on the Sega Dreamcast), please be sure to specify which version. If it's just a general review, then you're okay!

140.85 EDIT: Not sure about making this a sticky,but went ahead since it makes more sense having it stick to the front page then have it float down to page four,plus we want people to participate more in the guild.

@Bio and Beta-Feel free to turn this back into a regular thread if you don't like this as a sticky.

EDIT: Switched around a few games to include Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:29 am
Resident Evil Zero (Gamecube)

Reviewed by [Le S h i t]:

So I have talked to mant people, and to my surprise, they haven't played Resident Evil Zero. So, I decided to take control, and write this, hopefully convincing those who haven't played it, to play it.

Characters.
The two main characters in Resident Evil Zero are Billy Coen and Rebecca Chambers. If you want the truth, Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen are my favorite Resident Evil characters, pair, whatever you want to call them, they're my favorite. They both have a little background behind them, (Mostly Billy Coen) I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't played it, but to wrap it up and explain this, it was great. (10/10)
(If you were interested in the other characters in this game, I'll list them here.
Enrico Marini, Albert Wesker, William Birkin, James Marcus, Richard Aiken, Kenneth J. Sullivan, Forest Speyer, Edward Dewey, and Kevin Dooley.)

The Graphics.
Personally, aside from the Resident Evil REmake, this has the best grapjics out there. The characters were detailed, and I was proud with them. The only fault was that Rebecca Chambers'(The main character) choice outfit wasn't my favorite. But otherwise, I was very satisfied.(9/10)

Gameplay.
The gameplay is like any other older Resident Evil, which I think is better. But the onlt different this is that you can switch between characters, and drop items without an item box. (10/10)

Story.
I thought the storyline was interesting, because of Rebecca Chambers being a cop, and Billy Coen being a criminal. I feel it was the most intense storyline. (10/10)

Voice Acting
I feel the voice acting in this one wasn't terrible. Sure, Rebecca at times has no expression, and Billy can only say "Rebecca!" in the same cutscene over and over, but other than that, it was. . . . "Acceptable." They could have improved it a bit. (8/10)

Bonus
In the ending, you get a Bonus Minigame, "Leech Hunter." Where each character has to collect fifty leeches each, and based on your time, you get bonus items. I wasn't a big fan of this minigame. But I didn't like half of them.
(6/10)

In the end, Resident Evil Zero gets a 9/10

If you don't already own this game, it's a must-have.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:31 am
Resident Evil (Playstation, Sega Saturn, PC)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:33 am
Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Playstation)

Contributed by The Reason For Your Death:

Game Name:Resident Evil biggrin irectors Cut

Platforms Available: PS1,Dreamcast

Platform Played On: PS1

Concept/Storyline: You have been Dispatched to investigate the mysterious deaths of many raccoon city civilians.once you get to the forest you are attacked by a rabid dog.You escape into a nearby ababdoned mansion only to find out the horrors that lurk within are much worse.

Graphics: They were good for the time.If you want to see somethingh amazing for todays standards this game isn't it.But for the time the graphics were top notch.

Sound: Sounds of zombies moaning,Creepy music in the background,Bullet shots ringing out in the mansion,and much more and they all sound just great.The music adds alot to the mood as well.It all started here so if you ewant to start the series off right then this game is a must play.

Control: The controls were horrid,They are probably the only downfall of this game.If the controls would have been better I could give the game a much better score.But otherwise the controls just plain sucked.

Gameplay: The typical gameplay,Puzzles,Boss fights,And even some other random secret gameplay elements.They were all here.If this game wasn't so fun it may have never made it past the first title due to the crappy controls.

My Opinion: This game is good.If you are a fan and don't own this then you need to come out of the rock you live under and go buy yourself a copy on E-Bay.

Final Score: 8/10

Extra Notes:This game is actually pretty fun.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:34 am
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (Nintendo DS)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:37 am
Resident Evil Remake (Gamecube)

Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom
Max # of Players: 1
Review score: 9.8
Platform: Nintendo GameCube
Genre: Survival Horror
ESRB Rating: M

Reviewer: Biohazard EXTREME

Pros:

• Stunning Visuals
• Terrifying Atmosphere
• Nostalgia Factor

Cons:

• Tank controls not for everyone

Related Games: Resident Evil 0, Silent Hill 2, Devil May Cry

Bottom Line: Resident Evil draws a clear line where Survival Horror entered the new generation.

Review:
Although Alone in the Dark started it, Resident Evil definitely popularized the Survival Horror genre. With its static, pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls, Resident Evil presented a still and isolated environment back when it was first released in 1996. To remake such a game is an immense task to live up to. Capcom did not disappoint.

The interface hasn’t changed from the previous titles. Resident Evil’s item management is done through the item menu, and the game has no HUD to ruin the immersion. Hate it or love it, the tank controls are back. Resident Evil retained its counterpart’s gameplay elements, with a few extra additions. The new gameplay mechanic features include the 180 turnaround feature, auto-aim and the newly added defense item feature. Throughout the game you pick up defense items such as a dagger and one other depending on the character you choose. When a zombie or another monster mauls you, you are given the opportunity to use said defense item and get away without receiving any damage. Pretty handy. Resident Evil also introduced several new surprise enemies which will terrify you, if only the first time around.
Apart from several newly added areas, the architecture of the game retained its schematics pretty accurately. The visuals are so different, yet so similar. Don’t be fooled. Resident Evil has many surprises for the veterans. Whether you’re a hardcore fan of the franchise, or this is your first time, there is no question. You will be stunned by the experience of Resident Evil.

The storyline progresses very much like the original. You are given the choice of playing as Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine, members of Special Tactics And Rescue Service, or S.T.A.R.S. Although both scenarios take you through the same journey, the aspects of the plot will vary depending on the player you choose. True to the original, the two storylines are different from each other and do not intertwine to tell the story how it really happened according to Resident Evil’s mythology. This leaves plenty of room for imagination, which is a good thing. Last thing video games need is yet another game that hands you the plot on a silver platter.

The one thing that the original Resident Evil game has always been criticized for and/or laughed at was its voice acting and cheesy dialogue. Capcom made sure that this time around, the voice acting is a lot more natural. The voice work was done very well, and although some cheesy aspects of the dialogue were retained, it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. After all, Resident Evil wouldn’t be Resident Evil without the 'Jill Sandwich.'
The intro and ending sequences have also been improved. Instead of using live action ‘actors’ for the full motion videos, it’s all been done in CG this time around. And in color, as opposed to the original’s black and white intro cinematic.

The visuals are what truly separates this Resident Evil game from its previous titles. Capcom used the power of the Nintendo GameCube to its fullest. The backgrounds are animated with flickering candle lights, fluttering moths, and drifting dust. With the addition of what seems like a slight desaturation of the overall colors, the atmosphere of Resident Evil is stagnant, grimy and gritty—ideal for a horror setting. The characters and their animations are something else entirely. Although I can’t quite put my finger on what it is about their anatomy and animation, but something about the way they were done that gives them the kind of life I have never seen in a video game before. There are plenty of games with well made, realistic characters out there. But this is the only game I have ever played where the characters actually look like real people instead of 3D animated depictions of people. Aside from the shadows, which stand out every once in a while, the game itself is presented gorgeously.

The sound of Resident Evil was presented very well. The ambience such as howling in the forest, or the ticking clock reverberated very accurately, and the sound effects were deep and effectively scary. The score of Resident Evil was taken from the original game and remastered into a deeper and much more effective soundtrack. The music leaves you with a new kind of atmosphere which fits in perfectly with the new visuals, yet at the same time, brings back a massive amount of nostalgia from the original.

The remake of Resident Evil has much more replay value than its counterpart. In addition to multiple endings, there are a number of rewards you can unlock, including new weapons, extra costumes, and other gameplay modes such as Invisible Enemy. Needless to say, you will be left with a good share of rewards and extra challenges.

Overall, this remake of Resident Evil not only did justice to, but carried the franchise into the new generation in every way. The graphics, gameplay, sound, atmosphere, music, have all been significantly upgraded even from Resident Evil’s previous instalment, Resident Evil CODE: Veronica. Whether you are a fan of the franchise, a fan of the horror genre, or simply an owner of a Nintendo GameCube, do yourself a favor and pick up Resident Evil.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:38 am
Resident Evil 2 (Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, N64, Gamecube, PC)

Reviewed by Canas Renvall:

Well, seeing as how this was my first RE, might as well review it first.

Graphics: Okay, so you can safely assume that RE2 doesn't have the best graphics out there. Today, that is. Back when it came out, the graphics on any of the systems were absolutely beautiful (save the N64, but they were still good). The environments were lush, dark, forboding... everything one wanted to see in the sequel to the highly-acclaimed original. The zombies and characters were detailed, the monsters were frighteningly grotesque, and it was overall a very pretty game.
Rating: 7/10 (today)

Gameplay: If you've played any other Raccoon City main-story RE game (0-3), you've used the controls before. Is that a bad thing? Of course not. The controls are very responsive and easy to learn. Once you get comfortable with the controller, you'll hardly even realize it's there as you're further immersed into an insane world where only those with the will to live will escape. The one and only problem I have with the controls (and it's a small one) is that in the Gamecube version, Capcom didn't even add a 180-degree-turn feature, which makes me feel that Capcom is starting to get lazy. Again, this is a very minor complaint.
Rating: 10/10

Sound: I'll just say it now: this game has atmosphere. The music (when there is any) is dark and unsettling, going hand-in-hand with the gloomy environment you're trying to get away from. When something jumps out to attack you, the music switches accordingly with terrifying, adrenaline-pumping sound. The voice actors are above-average compared to other games of their time (and some games now, for that matter), each person sounding like the character they portray. It makes you feel that they aren't actors at all, they're the characters themselves. The monsters sound equally as good, frightening you with a groan coming from off the screen, or the chilling gasp of a Licker hanging above you... It really sets the mood.

Story: The story of RE2 is definitely a good one. Rookie cop Leon S. Kennedy is going to Raccoon City for his first day on the police force while Claire Redfield, the younger sister of Chris from the first title, goes to search for her missing sibling. As both arrive, they realize that something is terribly wrong. After their horrible first encounters with the undead, they meet each other and escape to the police station, also overrun with these creatures. The two split up to find a way out, Claire finding Sherry Birkin. Sherry's the daughter of the scientist who's developed the newly-unleashed G-Virus, William Birkin. Meanwhile, Leon meets Ada Wong, a woman trying to escape as well. That's not all, though... All in all, the story is very good. Somewhat predictable and coincidental (that the two happen to enter the town at the same time), but still solid.
Rating: 8/10

Scare Factor: Bring an extra pair of Huggies with you, 'cause throughout this game you're going to soil yourself multiple times. With scary environments and scary music comes scary... game! In the dark halls of the police department, anything can be hiding, waiting for new meat to wander in as dinner. Things are constantly jumping out at you, keeping you on your toes. Lots of the time your enemy will be off the screen, adding to the fear that you can't see what you're shooting at or if you're shooting it at all. Limited saves and even more scarce healing items force you to be careful when you go to kill something, making each monster encounter an adrenaline rush if you're at low health looking for herbs or First Aid Sprays. Watch out... there's something behind you.

Bonus Content: When you've beaten RE2 with the four different games for Leon and Claire (Leon A and B, Claire A and B), there's yet more fun to have. There's the unlockable Battle Game, the mini-game The Fourth Survivor, starring HUNK, and there's Tofu Survivor. You play a chunk of tofu with a knife. Seriously. These three things add to the already long game length considerably. The unlockable weapons and costumes also extend your game further. If you're looking for an RE that keeps on giving, you've found the right one.

Overall Rating: 9.8/10
This installment in the Resident Evil series is my personal favorite. It's dark, it's scary, and most of all... it's fun! If you haven't played this one yet, I recommend it above all the others first. I promise you won't be disappointed. If only they remade it like REmake... that would be a gift from the big guy upstairs. Alas, Capcom hates us too much for it... Oh well. This game is good enough not to need a remake (not that the first wasn't)! Go out and buy it if you haven't already! Go!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 am
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, PC)

Reviewed by Ivory Lie:

Platform: Playstation 1
Genre: Survival Horror
Made by Capcom
Reviewer: Ivory Lie

Graphics: Although nowadays the graphics are far suppassed by the Wii/X-box 360/Ps3 graphics, at the time they were cutting edge. Although faces didnt move and fingers wouldnt seperate they were top of their game. When the gamecube remake came out, Capcom improved on the graphics. But not as much as the remake of Re1. Although this did make the game look better the faces still didn't move and the fingers still didn't seperate. However graphics aren't everything. The effects of fire for example I myself think is pretty realistic (considering the time they were made).
Rating: 8.5/10

Gameplay: Resident Evil 3 improved on its predecessors. Although the tank controls remianed from the first 2 games, more skills were added to the controls. For example if you were to press the aim button (R1 for the PS) then you're character (Jill/Carlos) will dodge an incoming attack. There are the pros and cons to doing this. Pros are that J/C can avoid damage while still aiming. Zombie can be pushed back and sometimes knocked down for easy passing. Or sometimes (mostly aganist hunters and nemesis) you're character will roll and come to a kneeling position. With a handgun your character fires faster. However it only works till the clip is empty. However. There is the con. In tight spaces such as corridors or alleys dodging can cause J/C to get backed into a corner. When up aganist hunters unless very lucky, it will be fatal.
Unlike the first games zombies are able to climb up and down stairs. This means the player can no longer climb down stairs to avoid enemies. Thus making the game harder but also a bigger challenge.
In the previous two games the could take control of two different people and explore their different storys. This isn't the case for Re3 as it is Jill's story with Carlos being playable for a 10 to 20 minute period. This is I believe to be one of Re3's weakpoints as it is only one way to see the story (with some small changes with the way you play)
Enemy placements can be random. Maybe somewhere where there was 7 zombies on 1 run may now have 3 Hunters instead. This causes the player to change his or her strategy.
Unlike its predecessors this game features only 2 different bosses fought multiple times. One boss is the famous Nemesis. The ruthless hunter of S.T.A.R.S members. In easy mode it would be best to just ignore him as you don't need to fight him to proceed (in most cases).However Nemesis is one of those rare enemies that can follow you into the next room. Being faster and stronger makes him a force to be reckoned with. In the 'hard' mode, by fighting Nemesis (Or using other methods to take him down) you can get get special items. This makes fighting him worth it. However as it is a harder mode the risks are greater. The gameplay is strong and I loved it. However the dodge could use a little work so that it doesn't force you to go the wrong way sometimes
Rating: 9/10

Sound: From the very start the music sets the scene right. The very first area is fast paced and with the moans of zombies that hunt you. In certain places the music slows and calms to an almost gentle tune to lure you into a false sense of security. Causing you to think quick if Nemesis were to break through the door and start chase. Every sound can be heard clearly. This includes a roaring fire. Gunshots. And screams of dying citizens off screen. Sometimes zombie moans can be heard from far off causing you to think and wonder where they could be, Raising the tension. The music is used right and the sound effects sound great.

Story: The story begins with Jill Valentine telling the player what was happening. The story jumps straight to a block of what appears to be an apartment buildings where Jill escapes zombies leaving behind a small blaze. Upon escaping the zombies and meeting a survivor (who doesn't want to leave the safety of the warehouse...come back later to find out what happened to this guy). Jill meets up with her teammate Brad (who dies in probably the most sexual way a character has died in RE) and eventually Carlos Oliveira of the Umbrella special forces U.B.C.S (delta platoon). She eventually finds the U.B.C.S 'base' in the form of a trailer car (train from here). Here she meets the cold and money hungry Sgt. Nicholai Ginovaef and warm hearted Lt. Mikhail Victor. They decide they must go to the clock tower to escape. There they start to search for items to make the trailer work again. The rest you have to play. The story is straight forward and altogether fun. If you do something somewhere another thing changes else where (for example get the jewel at the resturant and meet Carlos at the a nearby building.) This changes how the player sees the game. But this really doesn't match up to using two different characters
Rating: 9.5/10

Scare Factor: This game seems to be more action packed than 1 or 2. But fear not the scares are still there. As I mentioned earlier you may be walking in a seemingly safe room with the music all calm and gentle. Then it will change suddenly when an enemy comes out of no where and attacks (most of the time its Nemesis and his very own theme). In my opinion Nemesis causes most of the scares in the game. Not many people would be calm and brave while being chased by a 7 foot tall, tentacle sprouting killer (Except Re4 Leon. He doesn't fear anything...sarcasm there). However most of the scares are more jump scares than wet your fricking pants scares.
Rating: 8/10

Bonus Content: Once the game is completed and your rank is decided you will have unlocked the Merc mini game. In this you play as any of the 3 U.B.C.S mentioned above. Using your chosen character you must get from point A to B before the time is up. You can rise this by killing enemies and saving hostages (which gives you ammo or health items). At the end you get money based on how good you did. This can be used to unlock special weapons like an unlimited rocket launcher. The characters carry different weapons which results in making it harder or easier depending on who you picked. This can keep people at it for hours. Depending on your rank at the end of the game you may unlock extra costumes for Jill to wear instead of her normal costume of vest and miniskirt. This includes a reference to another series by Capcom (Dino Crisis) where Jill will wear the main character's costume.
Rating: 8.5/10

Overall Rating: 53.5/60
My personal opinion is that this is a great game. And any Resident Evil fan should get it. It is a great experience and a good way to challenge yourself with limitations. Although it probably won't be played as much as Re2 it is still a great addition to a great series. Find it on Ebay or amazon. Or if you're really lucky (Like I was once) you'll find it in your local games store.

(Note: This is the very first review for a game I have done)  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:41 am
Resident Evil Code: Veronica / CVX (Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube)

Game Name:Resident Evil Code:Veronica X

Platforms Available razz S2, GC, DC

Platform Played On razz S2

Concept/Storyline:You are Claire Redfield you got caught breaking into Umbrella Corp.You are caught and imprisoned.You are let go by the prison gaurd.You soon find out you are not alone.You are on the island with Wesker,Chris,And a haird of brain sucking zombies.

Graphics: The graphics are pretty good.If you want the best in graphics ever go play Resident Evil 4.Otherwise the graphics are there and they sure do the job.You will find that they are rather good though.And for its time the graphics engine is almost unmatched.

Sound: The sounds are your general sounds of Resident Evil.Zombies moaning,People screaming as they die,And the sound of gun shots ringing through the air.Those ae the sounds you get in Residnt Evil and you will find them here as well.There is not that good of a voice acting cast here but owell its Resident Evil you shouldn't expect the voice acting to be great.The music is great too all the music fits the mood perfectly.

Control: How many times can I say this?It is Resident Evil the controls aren't the best after all they are Pre- 4 so don't expect anything new.Turning is still a chore.Doing things like running the way you want and even walking in the right direction is a chore until you get used to it.

Gameplay: The gameplay is agian basic Resident Evil.You have Puzzles,Zombies to shoot,and you have to fight a boss at the end until a rocket launcher is dropped for you to use.Any hardcore fan like myself will love it.

My Opinion: This game is fun.It takes skill but it sure is really fun.If you want just another taste of Resident Evil go ahead and pick this thing up.It is cheap these days and I will say it agian one last time.GET RESIDENT EVIL:THE ESSENTIALS IF YOU LIKE RESIDENT EVIL!The pack has three games in one pack.

Final Score: 9.5/10

Extra Notes:This game was noted as one of the more loved games in the series and I for one agree.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:47 am
Resident Evil: Outbreak (Playstation 2)

Game Name: Resident Evil: Outbreak

Platforms Available razz S2

Platform Played On razz S2

Concept/Storyline:You pick one of eight survivors of the outbreak in Raccoon City and play as them in this game.The basic concept is to just make it out of the city alive.You go through A Bar,Hospital,And the city streets along with a few other places in the process of doing so.I haven't finished it or 4 or code veronica x yet but what i do know i will talk about in a little bit.Also this game is not for the impatient kind that like to break things trust me.

Graphics:The graphics are pretty good for a resident evil game and we also have to take into account this game was made before Resident Evil 4 so that alone tells us that the graphics have to be looked at for what they were in the time they were made not for todays standards because that would just be unfair to compare it to a great game like Resident Evil 4.So in short the graphics were great for the time and still are.

Sound:The sound is enjoyable it really adds to the overall feel of the game.The moaning in the background and screams of people being eaten alive adds to the creepy feel of playing this game at night time with no lights on and the door shut.If you are to scared to do so i guess playing it in the day might be ok as well.

Control:Ok so lets be honest for a second.Were the controls any good before 4 came out?No and it shows here.The controls were always kinda clunky and sticky resulting in uneeded deaths at times when you couldn't find a typewriter in any rooms to save the game.By the way for anybody who didn't know you use those in the game to save the game but you have to find ink ribbons as well.If you find ink ribbons usally there will be a typewriter nearby.Well anyways I think the controls were always a minor setback anyways that can be gotten used to and looked past after a while.So if you are a fan of Resident Evil expect more of the same in the controls area.But that is agian just a minor setback once you get used to the controls things will be just fine.

Gameplay: The gameplay in this game is a major feature.You can't just run in shooting anything that moves.You see in this resident evil for the first time you can use melee weapons like broom handols or led pipes or things of that nature.Anyways don't waste ammo because you don't find it often.I find that the best way to avoid packs of them isn't to empty led in the brain sucking morons it is simply to run around them to where you need to get.actually you can go through the entire game this way but what fun would that be?Anyways the gameplay is fun and sometimes addictive.

My Opinion: This game is fun.But only play it if you are a fan of resident evil games otherwise you will hate it.It takes a special type of gamer to get into these games namely the kind with alot of time on thier hands and enough will power to want to win bad enough to go through all of the things thrown at them.

Final Score:8/10

Extra Notes:This game is actually real cheap by itself but I would just get it in the essentials set thats how I got it like i said in the review of 4 it is only twenty some dollars for the set and it contains three games.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 am
Resident Evil Outbreak: File #2 (Playstation 2)

Contributed by ken328:

Concept or the storyline: You can choose your survivors and for a bonus 2 more character or three if your online and the story about this is how other survivors survived on their nightmare on racoon city and out of all RE games i'd say the outbreak edition is realistic because you can hide under the bed or in the locker and sure'ly if you are stuck in Racoon city there will be others helping you. The Different scenario's make the characters choose his or her own place and having an evil thing chasing her or something
Rating: 9/10

Graphics: the Graphics are good and and somehow realistic
Rating:8/10

shi* factor sad sorry for the word xDDD) If you're a first timer then you'll be suprised at these zombie's or other things that'll will come out of the wall's, door's or windows.. but if you already finished the whole game then you'll be only relaxing while there is a crazy zombie elephant chasing you or a crazy axe guy trying to kill you and feeding his plant wife.
Rating:6/10

sounds: there will be parts that you'll here a Lion roaring making you run for your life, or the zombie's moaning for your brains you can atleast adlib if you forgot what youre gonna do (except for jim he blabbers like hell)
Rating:9/10

Controls: FINALLY THE PEOPLE CAN SHOOT WHILE RUNNING! okay the controls are good awesome everything became realistic here cause its true you can't be only standing one one place while hordes of zombie's trying to eat you.
rating:10/10

gameplay: the game feautures a new thing the special skills or abilities this is the list of the skills of each character
Kevin: Special handgun at start with an ammo for it and has enhanced tackle and my favorite move kick,potshot
Mark: Handgun with clip block ability, and full swing if waited for a moment
(notice:clip and ammo aren't the same Clip reloads faster than ammo)
Jim razz lay dead, and combo swing on pipes and his coin
(notice razz rofessional Jim user's may find Jim's coin lucky cause it has a lucky effect that will have more events happening eg:woman screamed at the back alley)
George:Super tackle,make medicine out of herbs and his special item Capsule shooter
(notice: capsule shooters only help others not himself useful in online if play mates are intelligent and not bastards)
David:throw Wrench,combine stuff,and fix stuff
(notice biggrin avid user's have to be very creative one time i used him and i never knew you could combine alysa's taser to a pole to make a pole with and extension of taser,once again i tell you david users must be creative)
Yoko:OMFG crawl, inventory extension push and crawl extension, and super push,and charm
(notice: that all the low HP girl's have more abilites eg, Jill on RE1 low HP has more inventory and lockpick, also OMFG crawl is really crawl cause when she crawls she goes like OMFG!!1, Charm is also like Jims coin)
Alyssa:Back jump, potshot(hellz yeah!),Taser
(notice: out of all the girls char she can potshot)
Cindy:Herb bag,Duck (no not the quacking thingy),Bandage
(notice Cindy's herb heal more than herbs found on everywhere)
Rating:10/10

Overall Rating: 8.67/10

Note: Good game and scare but not that scary  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:51 am
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube, Playstation 2, PC, Wii)

Contributed by Kobo-chan (Gamecube version):

Graphics|| Coming out for the Gamecube, we can expect such amazing graphics from Capcom. When I first touched it, it may not have been the 'amazing' one I wanted to see, but it was, nonetheless, very impressive. The gameplay graphics itself are the same during all cinematics in-game. [[8.7/10]]

Gameplay|| I'm quite impressed by the new gameplay they added for this one. Instead of fixed camera angles from the previous series, Capcom has put gamers 'into the game' - by having a 'over-the-shoulder' view behind our main hero. This feature was able to let us see the full environment in any direction. Not only that, players are now able to aim anywhere (thus, taking out the 'tank control') if they see something out of range, or anywhere on an enemy (even their hands to remove their weapon). Another new feature they have is the 'action' button that shows in certain cinematics or duration of the gameplay, such as fights. Sure, other than simply going up & down a ladder, kicking it down, or jumping out of a window 2-3 stories high, that's just a small part of it. In some scenes, players will need to react quickly with corressponding buttons - or suffer the consequences (as seen in fights or that laser room). The 180-degree turn (down + B) returns here, making it easier to back-track, or quickly retreat. Something else players will notice is what they're able to do upon stunned enemies. If they are stunned, Leon can perform a kick, or suplex later on, to add extra damage to their attack. Another feature they added was the Merchant and money. Honestly, that killed the survival genre. With the merchant, you can BUY stuff with it. Weapons and weapon upgrades. I was hoping we'd only find items through the gameplay, NOT buy them in a walking store. *sigh* Seems like Capcom has made this into an rpg/action game.

And these are just some of the few new features, mind you, that they have for this game. Overall, the gameplay of it was pretty cool. [[7.8/10]]

Sound|| It was great, in my opinion. The Spain-like music in the beginning was pretty nice, but everything did seem to fit in. There are certain parts of the game where everything gets quiet, and Leon needs to pass through an area filled with enemies. If he's discovered, the song would suddenly change and they all know that you're there. The voice-acting for the game wasn't that bad either, so it's all good (yes, especially Ashley's, since it fits her... 'personality / status'). [[9/10]]

Story|| Six years have passed since RE2. Leon is now working for the government as an agent under the President's orders - and he's now on a mission to save his daughter. Apparently, she was kidnapped from her campus by a group of unknown men. And now, clues have led our hero into Spain. Little did he know, a cult group named 'Los Illuminados' is led by a man named Osmund Saddler, who takes control of some type of 'plague' that Capcom has introduced by the name of 'Las Plagas'. They were, apparently, a fossiled species until the Salazar family has found and revived it. And now, Leon needs to keep his wits in order to survive this new 'horror' - and escape with the President's daughter alive. The story itself is okay, but as a 'Resident Evil' story, it just didn't fit in. There wasn't much reference to what Resident Evil is, save for returning characters, like Ada and Wesker. I was hoping that RE4 would explain to players more about what happened to these characters, as well as Umbrella, but RE4 seemed to have skipped all of that. I was disappointed with this one... [[5/10]]

Scare Factor|| Truth be told, I was scared by this game a few times in the beginning. Something new here in the beginning that scared players was probably the chainsaw dude named as 'Dr. Salvador'. No matter how much life you have, one hit from this guy will swipe your head off clean like knife cutting through butter. Some of the enemies in this game, as well, are able to kill you easily with a single strike, even though you are at 100% health. We ought to be more careful, ey? These enemies all can wield varying weapons, from crossbows, to pitchforks - to even throwing axes. Hell, Capcom even threw in a rocket launcher for them to use. However, as you keep playing, the scare factor gets duller by the minute. If you played the game for the 2nd time, there's not much of a scare factor at all. It gets dull. So... It's only scary for first-timers, I guess. [[6.7/10]]

Bonus Materials|| Beating the game, you unlock what's known as 'The Mercenaries' mini-game. The starting character is Leon, and there are four different stages. The point of this game is to rack up as much as points as you can by killing enemies and comboing them in a certain amount of time (which can be added by some items found during gameplay). If players reach a certain amount of points in certain stages, they are able to unlock new characters (HUNK, Jack, Wesker, and Ada). Each characters have different equipments and skills, so different strategies are a must. Other than that, there's also a new 'mini-game' called 'Assignment Ada'. Wearing a new outfit, players play as Ada under Wesker's orders to retrieve 5 samples of those plagues. Scattered throughout the stage (only one large stage, however), players are equipped limitly and must be cautious. Truth be told, it's a very short mini-game. Other than that, there's also a 'target practice' during gameplay where players shoot enemy targets, avoiding Ashleys, to gain points (which will lead you to getting 'bottle caps', which are useless, mind you). As like the previous RE series, players are able to wear a different costume for both Leon (RPD outfit from RE2 with +defense) and Ashley (Pop Sensation, which reveals quite a bit of her cleavage, mind you. I dunno what Capcom was doing). The Mercenaries was great, but the others weren't. ...What a let down... [[7.7/10]]

Overall, the game was okay, but I believe it shouldn't have been considered as an 'RE'... A solid 7/10 is my overall rating for this one. Let's just hope Capcom can please their fans in RE5...

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 am
Resident Evil: Survivor (Playstation, PC)
Note: Resident Evil: Survivor is on the PC only in Japan.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:56 am
Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica (Arcade, Playstation 2)
Note: Resident Evil Survivor 2: Code Veronica is only available in Japan and Europe.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas