Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Global Warming Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Real?
  Hell no!
  Duh!
View Results

Raidoactive Kitty

Dapper Smoker

11,275 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:24 pm
As I look out the window and see the heavy snow fall to the ground the only though i get is. "If Global warming is real we shouldn't be getting so much snow." Now granted I live in Michigan and I am used to the snow. But that made wonder what is your take on it what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:30 pm
liberals made that up because we disproved the "whole in the ozone layer" theroy some years ago...  

Odin210

Mousers09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:06 am
Odin210
liberals made that up because we disproved the "whole in the ozone layer" theroy some years ago...

They had over 30years to prove us wrong, yet I see no actual clear evidence of global warming, I have only seen ice caps melting, well, whoop-de-freakin'-do-da-day!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Mousers09
Odin210

They had over 30years to prove us wrong, yet I see no actual clear evidence of global warming, I have only seen ice caps melting, well, whoop-de-freakin'-do-da-day!
to things to note.
1 time magazine was preeping magazine covers 25 years ago about the ice age coming again..
2 the ice caps arent melting, the snow piles up on the ice and then it gives way and breaks off... and its still cold as hell in sacramento also  

Odin210

Kira84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:26 pm
They changed it, it's not global warming anymore because some areas are actually colder than they used to be. Now it's global climate change. And global climate change can slow down or speed up in any given year, so you really can't disprove it. Any difference in average temperature from year to year proves global climate change though. [/sarcasm]

I think changes in temperature can be attributed to natural cycles like sun cycles.... or just a normal shift in weather patterns, because the weather on Earth is just not static.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:28 am
All I know is Al Gore better get his a** over here and shovel my driveway.  

Raidoactive Kitty

Dapper Smoker

11,275 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200

Tessa23031

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:37 am
I think global warming is real, but I am a definite Republican. Where I live, the winter normally is freezing, it killed our citrus last year. This year, not only did we have so little rain we have a good chance of a drought, but it was so warm, I thought it was March with no school.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:46 am
i say that global warming IS real, but it's not going to have an impact on this, or the next generation  

Last_Gunslingr

Mousers09

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:58 am
Wow, really, I didn't think many people truly believed in it... kinda like the whole Nixon thing, the Loud Minority and Quiet Majority  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:22 am
Here's my take on the whole thing :

Global warming is 'caused' by a supposed hole in the ozone layer caused by pollution/greenhouse gases.

Well, let me ask you a question.
What is the ozone layer made out of?
Gas.
EXACTLY.

Supposedly, scientists have 'located' the hole in the ozone layer.
Tell me how it is possible to have a hole in a constant position if the ozone layer is GAS?

Gas expands to fill its container.
In this case, the Earth's atmosphere is 'its container.'

To think that we have the power to deplete such a precious and powerful thing as the ozone layer, is arrogant.

We have no such power.

[+Nicole+]

7,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

Mousers09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:36 pm
[+Nicole+]
Here's my take on the whole thing :

Global warming is 'caused' by a supposed hole in the ozone layer caused by pollution/greenhouse gases.

Well, let me ask you a question.
What is the ozone layer made out of?
Gas.
EXACTLY.

Supposedly, scientists have 'located' the hole in the ozone layer.
Tell me how it is possible to have a hole in a constant position if the ozone layer is GAS?

Gas expands to fill its container.
In this case, the Earth's atmosphere is 'its container.'

To think that we have the power to deplete such a precious and powerful thing as the ozone layer, is arrogant.

We have no such power.

I never thought about that, if ozone is a gas, the only reason there's a "hole" is because of the lack of that gas...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:23 am
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it...

We were out of school for a whole week because of an ice storm.
My neighborhood looks like a bomb exploded. Trees are down everywhere. Windows in cars were broken because of trees landing on them and quite frankly, I think global warming is just another ploy by Al Gore, because guess what?

He's invested millions into a company which deals with alternate fuels. He's using his political 'power' to scare people into submission to his ploys.

...and I wouldn't be caught dead in this place.

Click...? Pweese?

[Ish-Kabibble]

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:27 am
Kira84
They changed it, it's not global warming anymore because some areas are actually colder than they used to be. Now it's global climate change. And global climate change can slow down or speed up in any given year, so you really can't disprove it. Any difference in average temperature from year to year proves global climate change though. [/sarcasm]

I think changes in temperature can be attributed to natural cycles like sun cycles.... or just a normal shift in weather patterns, because the weather on Earth is just not static.

And to think that nearly thirty years ago people were worried about global cooling.

"The next ice age is upon us!"

Now it's been such a flip-flop. D:

Click...? Pweese?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:23 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]
Kira84

And to think that nearly thirty years ago people were worried about global cooling.

"The next ice age is upon us!"

Now it's been such a flip-flop. D:

Click...? Pweese?

xd  

Mousers09

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:40 pm
If you look at Earth's history, you'll see dramtic climate changes over time. This isn't the first time it's happened. Just the first time it's happened in modern times. And it's not man-made, it's completely natural and unstoppable.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff