Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
The Editble Craft <3 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:15 am
Well I really hope baking can count as a craft. ^^;; If it doesn't please let this die? O_O Or...you can poke me into oblivion!

So anywho, yesterday/today I was bored, all my plans got canceled because of icey roads and bad weather, lol, so I couldn't go to my grandma's or the formal dance at my school (and I was surprisingly looking forward to it too...), so I whipped out my mom's cook book to make something.

I desided to make a cake, seeing as I've never done it before, and I made it completely from scratch, I even made the frosting myself. -^^- (I made the cake yesterday and the frosting this morning)

Here is my cake:

User Image

User Image

The frosting is a bit too sweet, but it tastes decent, the cake is good. -^^- I'm sooo glad that it didn't fall. :'D  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:49 pm
Baking better count as a craft!!

What kind of cake is it? Is it orange frosting? It looks pretty yummy.  

Catcheen
Crew

Great Aunt Gertrude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:04 pm
That looks so good. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 pm
I say baking and cooking count as crafts!

And that cake looks yummy. I like how the oranges form circles on the top.  

Brunette_Star

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:30 pm
It's yellow cake (well, the cookbook says it's "Starlight cake" but it was in the yellow cake section soooo....) and it's vanilla butter frosting, I put manderin oranges on top. It is really yummy. <3

I'm glad that it looks good though, I get the feeling that people would be frightened by it if it didn't look good. ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:33 pm
I was watching Gilmore Girls last night and Suke was putting berries on a cake, and all I've thought of since is a refreshing cake, covered in fruit on a hot summer day. xd

Your cake looks awesome, and I'm sure it tasted delicious. ^^  

Silver Mist

bookaholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:52 pm
Post the recipe! A lot of the cake recipes I've tried have either been too dry or too greasy. Or maybe I just suck at baking sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:05 pm
Ooooh, look how light and fluffy it turned out! Looks wonderful and delicious smile brava!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 am
Every time I try to make a cake from scratch it comes out like very grainy cornbread, so brava!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:08 pm
Bookaholic,
I'll try to get the recipe up this weekend. Just gotta swipe my mom's cookbook again, lol.  

Chibi Kiku-chan

DiruAngel76

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:26 pm
It looks yummy. Maybe when I get some free time I will bake something too. Where do you live anyway, it was really icy where I am recently too. I am in Wisconsin.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 am
That looks great as a first cake!! Baking and cooking (especially when from scratch) are totally crafts.

Maybe we could start a recipe swap within the group?  

Fionamule

DiruAngel76

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:06 am
Yeah that would be cool. There are some recipes from my grandma I'm dying to get. She makes all this great stuff. My favorite are these molasses cookies. Like ginger snaps except they are bigger, chewy and are with molasses(duh). Plus she has this really yummy frosting that goes on top of them. I don't know that I have that many of my own, but still we should totally have a recipe swap. Maybe like a sticky or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:36 am
That cake looks very yummy. I would count it as a craft since you created it from scratch.  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

Unicorns_Tail

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:53 am
Usualy I don't like sweets, but this looks so yummy that I want to eat it!! smile
Yes, it would be intresting to know receipt smile  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces