Submit

Which do you like more? (all inclusive)
  Pencil
  Pen
View Results

goobaloo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:20 pm
Which writing medium would you say is your favorite? Personally, I enjoy using a keyboard, but if the story has personal sentiment using mechanical pencil on heavy paper is my personal choice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:27 pm
I like the pen, because It can be different colours, depending on the story. Good pens have a certain... flow to them, which is nice. You can't erase, but If your writting on loose leaf, It's propably not super duper important.

For me, I love coil binders (you know what I'm talking about?) and a nice, flowing pen. If no pen, then a mechanical pencil, but I don't really like pencils...  

Calypsorchid

5,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:28 pm
If I'm not using a computer, I have to use a pencil. Because I erase. A lot. Pen just doesn't work for me and I get it all over my hands..... xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:35 pm
A computer is preferable by far: spellcheck (I'm only an average speller), the fact that my crappy penmanship doesn't show, and the ease with which a page can be edited and sentences reworded, it really helps me to be able to write out a sentence several different ways until I like it. However, if pushed to use paper, I would have to give it to the pencil.  

H20edDownAzn

5 to midnight
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:53 pm
Pencil!!!! I don't write all that much but when I do thats what I go for....probably because I draw with pencil..yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:41 pm
Hmmm... for me, I think my preference is to a heavy ink pen. I like big, bold letters. They make me feel like I've accomplished something. But that's only if NotePad isn't available.  

FigTreeDoctor

Icy Sapphire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:25 pm
I'm keyboard all the way. I type faster than I write and I don't hurt my hands as badly typing than I do when I'm holding a pencil. > __ >;;

That, and I can save my documents on the computer, and I usually lose stories I write by hand.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:51 pm
I'm for pen. It just works better for me. I write better in pen than I do in pencil. It gets all over my hands. However, the best story I wrote was written in pencil. So, I don't know. Either.  

seleneswan

Adurna Blaze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:04 am
I'll use computer, pencil, or pen. All work for me. I like paper more than keyboards, though, and I prefer pens over pencils. Sure, they don't erase, but they're more fun. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:41 pm
I think pen is more professional looking but I tend to put in stuff backwards or completely leave words out soooo.... I like pencil. I also enjoy fetching the dictionary when I can't spell something, it makes me feel slightly smarter... for some reason. o_O  

Out of Kansas

wildcat_7222

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:58 am
If my computer is not occupied by my brother then I like to type because i can type much faster than i can write. But if I really had to chose I have a notebook and I like Pen because I can write faster with it and not worry about the led braking.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:51 pm
I'm all for computer really but when I'm in class or I've got a study hour or there's just no PC available I usually take pen though I have a crappy handwriting. I erase alot too but I still don't use pencil >.< because I just like seeing what I did wrong and sometimes I write the same thing twice and it's both crap but maybe when I still see them I can use them both and make them better... =P It's kind of weird, liking to see the crap you put a line through but hey, it helps. =D  

Chlerys

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:48 pm
June Chipmunk
For me, I love coil binders (you know what I'm talking about?) and a nice, flowing pen. If no pen, then a mechanical pencil, but I don't really like pencils...
Oh I can not STAND coils. Bump my hand mess stuff up. I want BOUND books, like nice sketch books with NO lines to inhibit me! I regularly switch from writing to drawing and back again and don't like changing.

H20edDownAzn
A computer is preferable by far: spellcheck (I'm only an average speller), the fact that my crappy penmanship doesn't show, and the ease with which a page can be edited and sentences reworded, it really helps me to be able to write out a sentence several different ways until I like it. However, if pushed to use paper, I would have to give it to the pencil.
For writing full stories I am all about my laptop and it's glorious spell check. My vocabulary FAR exceeds my spelling abilities. And editing and coming back to it... I HATE re-typing in what I already wrote. If I wrote a whole story on paper chances are it will NEVER come to fruition on computer.

xXBlakTieXx
Hmmm... for me, I think my preference is to a heavy ink pen. I like big, bold letters. They make me feel like I've accomplished something. But that's only if NotePad isn't available.

YES YES YES. Specifically, if not a thick Micron, a Pilot G2 0.7... not 0.5.
mrgreen User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:58 pm
I LOVE those pens! I use them all of the time for school!  

penandpaper67
Captain

Twi_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 pm
Personally I prefer pencil cuz I'm always erasing and i'm a really slow typer, but I'm working on that.  
Writing: Prose

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff