Reply Realistic Fiction
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

seleneswan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:22 pm
The title sounded so interesting!! I absolutely loved the story! It's very unlikely, but it was good. And the sequel came out a while ago. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy. They're both by Ally Carter. Has anyone read it? If not, you should. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 pm
my friend silent_poetess24 lent it to me, it was soooooo awesome! But i heard the sequel sucks, so i'll get it from the library instead of buying it...  

the_queen_of_the_fairies

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:36 pm
I've seen it, but I haven't read it. What's it about?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:08 pm
It's about this girl who---well, I'm too lazy to explain. So I Wiki-ed it. Here's what came up. Forgive me if there are some spoilers that I failed to edit out.

The main character, Cameron (Cammie) Morgan, is a student attending the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, which is a girls' school for spies. They study code breaking, martial arts, and, once they're sophomores (like Cammie and her friends), Covert Operations. And it's not every school that had an alert system for when visitors come that hides every trace of what people do there every day and turns it into a regular boarding school for rich girls (the way the people in the surrounding town think the Gallagher Academy is). The main conflict in the book revolves around Cammie, who is dating a local boy named Josh.

Cammie meets Josh on her first Covert Operations mission in town. Although Cammie is known as "The chameleon" by her friends for her ability to disappear, Josh sees her and talks to her. Cammie keeps their meeting a secret from everyone but her friends Bex, Liz and new student Macey. Her friends try to help her be "normal" around Josh because he does not know she attends the Gallagher Academy, and she does not want him to find out because the academy is looked down upon the people in the town as a school for "snobby, rich girls".

That's the bare beginning. But that's how the story starts off as. I personally don't like the Wikipedia summary, but, it's the best I can do. It doesn't sound all that great through the summary, but it's good. smile  

seleneswan

xAngelxKissedx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:21 pm
It sounds like a good book.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:47 am
I read that book before. It really was good. I havn't read the sequel yet. Is it as good as the first? I can't wait to read it now!  

Adurna Blaze

Amethyst Heaven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 pm
I bought it because it looked awesome and just finished reading it. It was really good, I loved it. I want to know if the second one is good too. I'll probably buy it soon because I really want to know what happens.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:37 pm
Okay, I bought this book because I read this thread. Then I read it(obviously). It's so cute! I really liked it. Then I got Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy and so far it's good. I'm not done with it yet though...  

penandpaper67
Captain

dragongirl187

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:21 am
I've read both of those, and thought they were amazing! I don't see how anyone could think that the sequel sucked. I'm dying for the third one to come out. Isn't there supposed to be a movie made as well?  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:37 pm
Do they really say the second one sucks? I can't wait to buy it. Is there going to be a movie? I hope so, I love this book so much. It was cute.  

Amethyst Heaven

Arisuu34

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:17 am
I own and have read both of the books they're great but the sequel is definitly not as good as the first one. they're still good though 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:47 pm
lol I liked the sequel more than the first one... but maybe it's just that I didn't like Josh. xd  

dragongirl187

Kyoya-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:38 pm
I saw that book at the book store. I really wanted it. but then I have to go.
That book seem a very good book.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 pm
The third book is coming out on June 9: Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover.  

dragongirl187

KatherinexPierce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:36 am
I read it, but heard the rest of the series was awful, so i didnt read the next book.  
Realistic Fiction

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff