Reply You might be here.
Scientology Raid Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dtcomix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:14 pm
On Sunday Feb 10th there will be many protests at several scientology churches around the world. This project was spearheaded by anonomous and 4chan.org (and the other chans ie 3, 7, 8, 88, 711, 420, 666, waka, fate, raid, etc.). I might be able to join b/c several of my friends are going. I'll probably just hitch a ride w/ 1 of them. Anonomus has obtained a permit to protest in Orlando near here so we're gonna make signs and get ready. It's gonna be ******** AWESOME! twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:52 pm
scientology is bullshit but i don't think i could ethically protest someone else's religion like that  

Vexxed
Vice Captain

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:22 pm
Vexxed
scientology is bullshit but i don't think i could ethically protest someone else's religion like that

i agree  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:38 am
CokePixie
Vexxed

i agree

Same. Just because I don't agree with it and think it's a crock of s**t, doesn't give me the right to treat them like s**t. They have legitimate beliefs just like people from any other religion.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

dtcomix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:52 pm
punkarama
CokePixie
Vexxed

i agree

Same. Just because I don't agree with it and think it's a crock of s**t, doesn't give me the right to treat them like s**t. They have legitimate beliefs just like people from any other religion.
just to tell you i completely and totally agree that it is not right to protest a religion. i am all for complete freedom of religion but what we are protesting is not the religion itself but the murders that the church has been doing in the name of scientology. i can deal w/ them being complete and total dicks to everyone who doesnt believe in scientology but when they start killing the non beleivers in the name of their religion ( and doing crazy ******** experiments on them ) in an attempt to kill all the "non believers" i'm gonna protest. they are going to be the cause of a 2nd holocaust if we dont stop them. im not singling them out b/c there have been people killing in the name of their own religions since like forever, but recently many murder cases have been brought against the 1st church of scientology and its getting out of hand. at one point they had one woman (who was actually part of the religion) who couldnt breathe and the church refused to bring her to the hospital and kept her locked in a room until she died and then brought her to a hospital 3 hrs away (passing up many of hospitals along the way) just to bring her to a doctor who was a scientologist. her family brought up a case and lost b/c the whole church is based on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and so they bought the best lawyers possible and payed off the judge. but anyway a lil off topic. in short we're not protesting against their religious beliefs, we are protesting the murders in the name of scientology. oh and by the way the protest is gonna be totally non violent (pretty much Gahndi/MLK style)

Peace, Love and Happiness to all ( even scientologists heart )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:39 pm
but that's part of their religion. They don't believe in drugs or medication and to an extent, hospitals. Put it this way it's like if you had a group of jews trapped somewhere and starving to death, but hey they have like 30 pounds of bacon and yet some of them still die before being rescued because they refused to eat the bacon. Why? because their religion forbids it.

I'm not saying scientology isn't shady as hell, and people have to right to protest anything they want, You've got just as much right as say civil rights groups, femenists, and the KKK. Just keep in mind that there are two sides to every story, you can't blame the group as a whole for the actions of one person. If that lady choose to believe in scientology and choose not seek medical attention because of her new religion it's her own fault.  

CokePixie
Crew

punkarama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:23 am
CokePixie
but that's part of their religion. They don't believe in drugs or medication and to an extent, hospitals. Put it this way it's like if you had a group of jews trapped somewhere and starving to death, but hey they have like 30 pounds of bacon and yet some of them still die before being rescued because they refused to eat the bacon. Why? because their religion forbids it.

I'm not saying scientology isn't shady as hell, and people have to right to protest anything they want, You've got just as much right as say civil rights groups, femenists, and the KKK. Just keep in mind that there are two sides to every story, you can't blame the group as a whole for the actions of one person. If that lady choose to believe in scientology and choose not seek medical attention because of her new religion it's her own fault.

I took a class about new religions and we did a lot on scientologyI'm on the fence here ... it's horrible that these peopel die of course, but cokie is right, if it's part of their beliefs that they don't believ in modern medicine (and they don't). I've been learning a lot lately about the healing properties of the body, and how we can use the mind to heal is (psychology of belief systems class, zen class, etc....). You can't say that somebody is being murdered because somebody doesn't want to go against their beliefs to get them help.

You have a right to protest, but maybe you need to think about what your protesting in the first place ... like actually truly think about it. Think about the situation, and the emotions and beliefs attached to it ... you can't just think about a situation strictly from your point of view and then inject your morals onto and say it's bad.

Scientology is a crock of s**t ... for me personally ... but that doesn't mean that their actions are immoral. If they are legitametly killing poeple simply because they do not belive ... then by all means protest. But I can't help but have the feeling that people who protest against scietology (and other new reliigous movements) are just looking for an excuse to protest and call out something that is strange and foerigne to them. If your going to protest what you see as the killing of non-believers ... then you might as well protest all the other religions that do the same.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:27 am
Why not declaire a jihad against them, whilst damning them to Hell?

Its people like you that decide to start wars based on religious differences. It may start out protesting, but what if the "evil scientologists" strike back? It starts out throwing stones and before you know it you have an IRA situation going on where 2 parts of the same country end up fighting for years over an argument their great x 3,000 grand-parents started!  

Hzza
Vice Captain

CokePixie
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:08 pm
Hzza

Its people like you that decide to start wars based on religious differences. It may start out protesting, but what if the "evil scientologists" strike back? It starts out throwing stones and before you know it you have an IRA situation going on where 2 parts of the same country end up fighting for years over an argument their great x 3,000 grand-parents started!

damn you tom cruise! Look what you've started!!

@punky, i haven't taken psychology in long time so i'm asking you to correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like everytime i hear about scientology i'm reminded of a cult. But almost every religion is cult like in some way, right? so what's the definition of a cult again? I know there's like general characteristics that a cult falls under?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:19 pm
CokePixie
Hzza

damn you tom cruise! Look what you've started!!

@punky, i haven't taken psychology in long time so i'm asking you to correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like everytime i hear about scientology i'm reminded of a cult. But almost every religion is cult like in some way, right? so what's the definition of a cult again? I know there's like general characteristics that a cult falls under?

Well a cult is usually what the media and other things call a new religous movement (basically just a newly emerging religous idea) a lot of people just avoid the word cult because it has negative things like brainwashing and murder attached to it. But if you think of a new religiouse movement and a cult as a same thign, then yeah scientology is a cult, and in that sense every religion started out as a cult, and every religon has cult like branches (most cults branch of off the dominant religions).  

punkarama
Vice Captain

Vexxed
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:32 pm
i was watching this tv show about this man from lisbon who had a 13 inch tumor that encompassed his entire face and because he was a jehovah's witness he wouldn't get a blood transfusion so he couldn't get it removed.

i'll try and find pictures.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:36 pm
youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLLN3HghDGw

i feel so bad for that man  

Vexxed
Vice Captain

dtcomix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:36 pm
I actually agree w/ most of your points. I have nothing against their religion and I'm not against their beliefs against modern medicine. I am against the murders of non believers. Thats it. PERIOD. I am not blaming the religion as a whole b/c there are some who dont beleive in the killing of non believers. But it is true that in their "bible" it says to kill non believers and a majority have and many murder cases have been brought up in court. And I know that other religions do it to and I would protest against the murders too, just like I'm doing now, not the religion. As far as starting a war, this protest is completely and totally non violent. I hate wars. I'll stick w/ the false peace I have found to exist in my life.
I am not against anyones religious beliefs. I just am against murdering people just b/c they dont agree w/ your beliefs.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14 pm
dt how old are you? just because i'm curious, i'm not going to use your age against you.  

CokePixie
Crew

punkarama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:36 am
dtcomix
I actually agree w/ most of your points. I have nothing against their religion and I'm not against their beliefs against modern medicine. I am against the murders of non believers. Thats it. PERIOD. I am not blaming the religion as a whole b/c there are some who dont beleive in the killing of non believers. But it is true that in their "bible" it says to kill non believers and a majority have and many murder cases have been brought up in court. And I know that other religions do it to and I would protest against the murders too, just like I'm doing now, not the religion. As far as starting a war, this protest is completely and totally non violent. I hate wars. I'll stick w/ the false peace I have found to exist in my life.
I am not against anyones religious beliefs. I just am against murdering people just b/c they dont agree w/ your beliefs.

A lot of people have a tendency to take things in the bible, and other religious text litereally ...that'show a lot of cults and protests get started.

Hzza - I heard this story of a boy getting a blood transfussion, but because he was a Jahovas witness ....he like sliced open his veins to get theother person's blood out. I learned about why they don't believe in blood transfusions and organ transplants.... but I can't remember the reason right now.  
You might be here.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff