Reply -The Guild's Main Forum.
Account Hacked. Please read Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rutalia69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:44 pm
Yes Chrissy Just told everyone that I got hacked. A friend of mine had an email sent from his account saying to vote for him in the arena. I did it and was immediately hacked. The first thing they did was change my email address. So yes, report these emails. Do not click on the link. The first thing it does is it looks exactly like Gaia and it like pretends to kick you out of your account so you have to reenter your password and then they have you.

I probably won't be coming back to play this game full time until / unless I get my account back. I put a lot of work into it, and it was way too easy for someone to take it. If the admins aren't going to take this seriously and retrieve my items in a prompt manner, then I just really don't have the energy to care about it. Besides, I don't mind replacing the items, but what's the point if they can be so easily hacked and scammed out and the admins won't care?

Yeah, like Chrissy said I'm a little upset right now. If I can get my stuff and my account back quickly, I'll get over it so... We'll see smile

I'm on AIM and MSN and Yahoo if you want to contact me. I probably won't return here for a little while.

AIM: Rutaliax
MSN: rouetay@hotmail.com
YAHOO: rouetay? or rouetay@yahoo.com I'm not sure which one you add for yahoo heh.

I will be checking my messages on this account for awhile just in case I get a response from an admin though!

*HUG*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:06 pm
i copied the adress it went 2...

and pasted it in the report...  

Th3-Cursed

Th3-Cursed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:13 pm
didnt you get the warning message that said you were leaving gaia?

cuz i did.....thats where i saw the adress...and it said sumting like

gaiaunline...

thats where i lost my trust....and copied your name...checked the arena first....and saw you didnt have an entry....

and if you got the warning message...then its a bit your own fault....thats why admins cant do much...cuz Gaia already gave you a warning there....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:18 pm
Well I have gotten the message from other things that were jsut sending me to a message board on gaia. And It looked exactly like it. I mean, it was VERY good I'm not a person who is easily fooled. It looks EXACTLY like gaia though.

But yeah .. thanks for your vote of confidence there Cursed smile At least your account didnt get hacked...

I have two other friends including Celtic Princess Me that were hacked though. So .. just take the warning seriously guys.  

Rutalia69

Th3-Cursed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:21 pm
well..the adress looked to weird to me...espescially (or however thats written)
since sumone else already said you got hacked...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:22 pm
Don't worry Ru. We'll get our stuff back. FTW I was gotten by the same hacker. I am sending my letter in the mail tomorrow and will persist until I get an answer.  

The Celtic Princess

Th3-Cursed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:26 pm
well..this is the reason why i can hardly trust people......  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:54 pm
omg....check youtube....

see the cheats and hacks for gaia...

just type gaia hacks in google.....there's so much..... stressed  

Th3-Cursed

Rutalia69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 pm
yeah i dont think i want to do that right now.... I'm still a little sick to my stomach..  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:20 pm
I am also working on this in the background Ru and gee Celtic Too///
arggg. . .

I have started quite a few posts within the Guilds I am in.. and as well I am stepping up within the suggestion Thread to have an additional security measure added read below..

Quote:
I am currently doing a lot of research into a possible solution to a problem we are all hopefully aware of... anyone see something regarding this let me know please... I am researching the possibility of having a "secondary account security" measure added, one that adds a secondary password on our inventory as well as a sort of security deposit box for what ever gold amount we want to lock away.

Situation is this...
I have currently added this text below on my Profile page due friends becoming a victims of hacking... I know she is OnLine Savvy, and never would have entered or given out her PW without thinking,... though there is a message going out from her account that as of now has been locked by Admin or Banned... and now she will more than likely loose all her long gathered belongings...
As we all know and work so hard to get and also enjoy doing...
The reason I am going to stand up on this one is a dear friend of mine was recently hacked somehow... and this was what evolved from it... This all started Yesterday.. Feb 7th 2008...
after they get a hold of your account.. do what they can to get more accounts.. then get your account Banned and if you dont report it before it gets Banned you will more than likely never get your belongings back...

Quote:
*~ Scam Warning ~* **Please Read**

this is the scam
They use the friends list of the person they just hacked...
they send a msg asking you to go to a link
and vote for them in the arena,
which asks you to put your pw in
and looks exactly like gaia,
once you put your pw in
you get hacked

Hope this was all clear as Crystal... Sooo Please Be careful out there...
we need to find a solution and not be so passive towards this hacking problem.
Sincerely,
Rich / Richdog1

Please leave any links or comments within this thread I'll be checking back often... Ty

Richdog1

Rutalia69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:28 am
Thank you Rich. I really appreciate you doing this. I was overwhelmed but I knew this needed to be done and I knew you would be the right person to ask. Thank you so much. *hug*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:51 am
Rutalia69
Thank you Rich. I really appreciate you doing this. I was overwhelmed but I knew this needed to be done and I knew you would be the right person to ask. Thank you so much. *hug*

awwee your welcome hnu, you have me started on another path now too within gaia one more needed then my other petition I have going..
I only wished they would have put a second pw on our valuables themselves...

If my findings do not turn up anything in the works for it. I will be starting a new petition for the "Secondary account Security" measure... which would render hacking a account nearly useless. . . It will need more thought and feedback in it's development, but I am thinking it can be worked in.

Rich  

Richdog1

narutorocks1109
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:24 am
sry that u got hacked rutalia... i can give u some gold if u want! cause u gave me lots of stuff...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:16 am
Richdog1

awwee your welcome hnu, you have me started on another path now too within gaia one more needed then my other petition I have going..
I only wished they would have put a second pw on our valuables themselves...

If my findings do not turn up anything in the works for it. I will be starting a new petition for the "Secondary account Security" measure... which would render hacking a account nearly useless. . . It will need more thought and feedback in it's development, but I am thinking it can be worked in.

Rich

yahoo has something very interesting that I havent seen before and it's a password that only works for your computer because it does a checksum off of a file on your computer? or something like that ... that might be a good place to start checking out for ideas.  

Rutaliax

olusx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:34 am
Personally, I don't "leave gaia" unless I'm expecting to. If it's supposed to be a link to something in Gaia (like voting, guilds, etc) I just navigate there manually. It would help if people would stop using outside sources to shorten urls so people don't learn to ignore the warning.  
-The Guild's Main Forum.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff