Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAG-Really Awesome Guild *free contest over 1 mil in Prizes*

Back to Guilds

the ants go marching one-by-one, Hurrah! Hurrah! 

Tags: Cool, Zombies, Music, Friends, Awesome 

Reply "Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."
Gothic inside and out Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you gothic?
hell yes inside out and intill my soul is ripped out and tossed in a bin of pink bunnies ( >< hoping it never happens)
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
no but am not a stupid moron who judges
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
gothic scare you
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

lee-kyra

2,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:41 am
I'm gothic and proud to afirm it , you can undress me but you can't take the gothic out of me ....

People think Gothic is just a way to dress mostly up hold by sucidle , pain seeking , rude snide people ... scary people .

Altought I my self do enjoy pain I have mane friend who are just has gothic as I and do not enjoy it .

And the sucidle thing ? C'mon I mean really , I've hadd a sit down with gothic students from my hight school, some from a caffe reserved to punk and gothic clientle ... more or less we ware alot to discuss , yes a portion f us once attempted to our own lives but when the discussion was done we realized that most of the Gothics part of the discussion waren't afraid of death .

Rude and snide ? no..... I think not perhaps some but preps , freshies ... can also be rude the diffrence is that because the gothic apperance is tenebrous most of the time people find them self judging us to quickly ,,....I know i hate beeing judge so my responce in those cases are usualy rude and snide .....But for example , this old lady near ware my mother lives was trying to get her cat out of the bushes , that old lady had never made ane coments about my choice of clothing ,so I just got down ( I was waring a 500 $ suit ) but it dident matter that old woman was worth it she was human enough to not judge the book by the cover , I picked the cat up out of the bushes handed it to the old lady she smiled up at me thanking me .....I couldent resist asking her why she was lets say "friendly" with me you know what her answer was " I used to teach in a hight school and my most valliant and caring students we're almost always the tenebrous spooky ones , I lurned not to judge to fast " ....And you know what now I always have time for her .

The scary thing I cant argew to toddlers and preschoolers I know we can seem like wicked witches and evil vampire.... but adults beeing scared of us are either retarded or very narrow minded

ane way this thread is dedicated to the mane facets of being Gothic.......  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:48 pm
Um. I've heard there are different type of goths. I mean, I have friends who are goths and this is where I heard it from..So please dont kill me.:

Poser Goth: Someone who dresses up like a goth but acts like a prep
Angel Goth: Someone who dresses up like a goth but is really caring and always looking to help
Goth: A person who dresses up gothic but isnt morbid..they're sorta normal(gets the normal saddness, depression, happyness, ect.)
Morbid Goth: Someone who is constantly down, wanting to commit suicide constantly, never thinks they have friends.

Those are from my observations. I may be wrong but thats what I think.
Personally, Im the girl in school who sits in the cornner of the classrooms doing all of her work plus some (and durring lunch I sit in the cornner with my sketch book) but I do like the styles and such of the gothic community. Anyway, its just my oppinion sweatdrop  

Mythical Chalice

Pokahydee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:50 pm
I wouldn't say I'm 'Goth' persay, I tend to dress a mix between punk and goth, it's mostly just a look, though. *shrugs* It seems like (around here at least) that dressing punk or dressing goth is just as trendy as dressing like a prep or a jock *shrugs* I dress the way I do because I like it, I feel comfortable wearing it, I look good in it, and it's just what I like *shrugs* You might call me a poser or whatever, I don't really care, I'm not in high school anymore. I'm not some little angsty kid anymore, I have real worries now. Like, how am I going to pay for college? How am I going to pay all my bills? What am I going to major in? What will I be able to do for the rest of my life without getting bored with it? Etc....

I've never really had anyone run away from my scared before because of the way I dress *shrugs* Probably because I have a splash of punk in my look (I mix and match however the hell I feel like dressing any given day xd ) and to be honest, I get COMPLIMENTS from little old ladies in the grocery store xd I would think that I'd scare them away, but they'll walk right up to me and tell me how cute I look. I think I smile too much *laughs* The only people I've ever had problems with is the stupid Frat boys at my school >.< They'll yell stuff like "It's a little early for Halloween!" and stuff like that, but you know what? If it scares jerks like that away, good ridance xd I don't want to deal with that type of rich-boy, drunk, insensitive, womanizing, trash anyway *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:38 pm
Mythical Lady
Um. I've heard there are different type of goths. I mean, I have friends who are goths and this is where I heard it from..So please dont kill me.:

Angel Goth: Someone who dresses up like a goth but is really caring and always looking to help
Goth: A person who dresses up gothic but isnt morbid..they're sorta normal(gets the normal saddness, depression, happyness, ect.)
Morbid Goth: Someone who is constantly down, wanting to commit suicide constantly, never thinks they have friends.

Personally, Im the girl in school who sits in the cornner of the classrooms doing all of her work plus some (and durring lunch I sit in the cornner with my sketch book) but I do like the styles and such of the gothic community. Anyway, its just my oppinion sweatdrop

Herm .....being gothic is not only a style ..... real Gothics have kind of an ethic ....code of beeing...

lets start by the clothes thing the true divisions are
Goth wanabe : black clothes all the time yet no true distinction or personal touch

Med Goth : Goths that will mostly inspire theyre wordrobe with the influence of the medevil times

Prepy Goth : Classy always well takin care of, usually suits and shined boots...

Punk-Goth : it says it all in its own

and finally what I call it my self

The pass-partout Goth : depending on the mood , the place they are going to be may be inspired by ane thing from an animal to a planet.... Usually the most original goth ,....

Gothic personality
A gothic will most undoubtingly be artistic ...writer, painter, musicien .......
have a pull for cynism and hysoterism ( not all on that part). Usually not attracted to ane form of sport , Will like music with a deep sence , Hevy metal , Dark metal ...

will most likely seem solitary .... but most of the time its only a ' fassad"
....... I could go on but won't because there is much to be said and its late here so I'm off to my room  

lee-kyra

2,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Burei-mono

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:26 pm
Mythical Lady

Ah yes the posers. Every day after school about 30 high school posers sit outside the taco bell. They aren't aloud in anymore because the workers hate them and they only order soda so sodas are really expensive there.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:42 pm
Gothic is a style of architecture. Get over yourself.  

John Obake
Captain

Heroic Smoker

Pixelated Chibiety

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:19 pm
John Obake
From the Renassance? Or was it Medevial times...XP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:00 pm
John Obake

I am a big ol' Gothic building.  

Daemon_Eclipse

Annafu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:27 pm
[.Pixelated Chibiety.]
John Obake

i believe it was teh renassance, and mostly on French or Spainish cathedrals, like Norte Dame. 3nodding but just to make sure, im gonna try to look it up now. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:34 pm
f.jellybean
[.Pixelated Chibiety.]
John Obake

i believe it was teh renassance, and mostly on French or Spainish cathedrals, like Norte Dame. 3nodding but just to make sure, im gonna try to look it up now. rofl

SHAZZAM i looked it up, and gothic is a time period all to itself. it spanned from 1200 to 1450 AD. if you want the site i found it on, here it is. 3nodding http://www.cwu.edu/~robinsos/ppages/resources/Costume_History/gothic.htm
and more history on 'gothic' http://cai.ucdavis.edu/waters-sites/gothicnovel/155breport.html
( the first one is mainly about costumes and whatnot and the second in mostly on a novel with connection to 'gothic'ness, but if you just skim through it, you'll find background info on goths too.)  

Annafu

HypodermicSyringe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:07 pm
f.jellybean
f.jellybean
[.Pixelated Chibiety.]
John Obake

SHAZZAM i looked it up, and gothic is a time period all to itself. it spanned from 1200 to 1450 AD. if you want the site i found it on, here it is. 3nodding http://www.cwu.edu/~robinsos/ppages/resources/Costume_History/gothic.htm
and more history on 'gothic' http://cai.ucdavis.edu/waters-sites/gothicnovel/155breport.html
( the first one is mainly about costumes and whatnot and the second in mostly on a novel with connection to 'gothic'ness, but if you just skim through it, you'll find background info on goths too.)
Interesting. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:32 pm
HypodermicSyringe
Interesting. wink
i think so too. 3nodding  

Annafu

John Obake
Captain

Heroic Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:17 pm
*Bows before f. Jellybean* Goddamn.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:56 pm
Anyone who calls themself "goth" needs to go to the Scare Bears website and download "Glitter Goth Girl". Then they need to listen to it until they understand that trying to be "goth" makes you look stupid neutral

Stereotyping is pretty damn pathetic. Especially when you do it to yourself. Do you feel that insecure with who you are that you have to hide behind a category?

Wow I kinda dissapeared from this guild for awhile there^^' Vacation didn't help that.  

#Tarvos#the#Avenger#

first_founding

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:28 pm
I'm myself. I don't follow any trends, sterotypes. Etc.
All though...corsets are pretty damn hot heart
And goth chicks in general.  
"Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas