Reply Realistic Fiction
To Kill a Mockingbird Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

irock708

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:12 pm
Ah, one of the greatest American classics of all time. I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely love this book. Hopefully, you all know the story. Ah. It's so... great. When I was reading it, I couldn't help but smile because I can relate so much to Scout.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:08 pm
This book is so amazing! I read it a while ago, but it was so unlike any book I had ever read. It definitely made a statement.  

penandpaper67
Captain

irock708

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:14 pm
It is so great. I really feel bad that I didn't buy a copy when I had to read it for school. Now, I just wanna reread it because it's so nice...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:35 pm
I think I actually have two copies... I had to read it for school and I have writing in every spare inch of the book.  

penandpaper67
Captain

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:14 pm
Oh wow ahaha. I didn't need to take notes because I liked it so much. I had to write an essay for it and I got the highest grade. 97 out of 100. That's how much I like it XD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:22 pm
I had the notes because we had an essay test in which we needed to use quotes and evidence from the book. I did really well on it, too. xd  

penandpaper67
Captain

irock708

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:18 pm
My essay was at-home, so... yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 pm
I read it at school, and everyone loved it. And we had to watch the movie after, and it was horrible! It was missing more than half the book!  

Kitty Pryde5

irock708

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:17 pm
Oh, yeah. I saw about half of the movie and it was... eh. xD

I'd love to see it redone, though :3  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:02 pm
I actually loved both the book and the movie, I saw the movie first, but the book was far better. My dad, growing up, though, read the book first, and he loved the movie too, so really I don't think it makes a difference. Gregory Peck was awesome as Atticus, and both the kids were very good too! But I loved the book! I thought it was so funny how they made snowmen-- of course I'm from New England so I've never had a shortage of snow from which to make a snowman in the winter...  

BroadwayBaby_Musicnotes

irock708

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:33 pm
I just love how it's so... universal. I mean, when I was reading it, I couldn't help but think "God, I remember those days" and I was only fifteen when I first read it. I'm sure that that's the feeling that a lot of people get reading the book... How great and innocent we really were when we were younger...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:26 pm
I was always scared to read this book since I thought they were going to be killing birds in it. sweatdrop I've been putting off reading it because I thought we might have to read it for English but we never did. crying I guess I'll just have to use my own time to read it.  

Tsuki_Hana_Chan

irock708

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:48 pm
Haha! The book's not about killing actual birds... Not, really. It IS rather symbolic to the book, though. You'll learn as you read it later on : )  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:40 pm
Personally, I didn't really like the movie. I wish they would redo it and make it better.  

Kitty Pryde5

Kitty Pryde5

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:39 pm
Maybe they will make another movie soon.  
Realistic Fiction

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff