Reply Writing: Prose
What inspires you? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adurna Blaze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:26 pm
What do you do for inspiration when you're trying to write?

Personally, I'll do multiple things, like I might look to real-life situations. Not too often, though. Maybe my friend's will bring me inspiration.

I find that I write best at a certain time of the day. This happens to be late evening, or night. I write best before I go to bed. 8-12 pm.

Usually, though, I'll listen to music for inspiration. Linkin Park really helps me to write.

What I'm really trying to say is, what brings you inspiration? Is there a certain something?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm
I go right for the music.
Most of the time something will come to me when I'm working and listening to my music, and BAM!... I get yelled at by my boss... but stuff comes to me.
I usually have my best stuff come to me right before I go to sleep. Most of the time however I'm tired and pass out and don't write anything down, and just pray that I remember it when I wake up.  

Rogue Duster

penandpaper67
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:30 pm
Usually my best ideas come right around eleven o'clock. I listen to music a lot, and although it has inspired me in the past, it often inhibits my concentration. Often times my ideas are spontaneous and my inspiration comes from the world around me. Not necessarily real world situations, but from the little things. Like I said in another thread, one of my great epiphanies came when we were watching All Quiet on the Western Front in History class. And yes, the story had something to do with war, but it was a sci-fi. eek I get really weird ideas from random things...... But yeah, that was probably my best idea yet.... I also get ideas in my dreams. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:57 pm
I get ideas at a few times. Mostly when I'm deep in thought and staring out my window. Certain cd's I have inspire me. Also anime/manga and books inspire me. (Like I just watched an anime called Earth Girl Arjuna and it gave me some ideas.) Dreams sometimes, but usually my dreams are too wierd to make any sense of.  

5 to midnight
Crew

Adurna Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:09 pm
I get a few ideas from dreams. Somehow, they work into a perfect story, but then I start to forget it. Usually, I'll be able to get most of it on paper. It tends to sound stupid when I reread it, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:01 pm
I sleep, my dreams inspire me. whee  

Kitty Pryde5

Audini

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 pm
Typically, I get inspired when I'm sad or angry and that's about it. Which means inspiration doesn't hit when I want/need it to (most likely because it's really hard to upset me). I've also had inspiration in the form of dreams and I actually got a 50,000 word novel out of one of them... That was a rare occassion though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:13 pm
I somehow work my dreams into my stories. Fiction is my type of genre.  

zakuroswhip

Earthest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:56 pm
I get my inspiration randomly. I could be in French class and then Bam! I get the urge to write, and I do. I get a lot of inspiration from movies and such, but most of the time it's just a feeling of, Whoa!!! I have to write that down. And I need to write it down now! It's mostly just a feeling that somehow forms into ideas and I do research of that feeling or idea and then I just write it down.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:50 am
To me it seems like inspiration hates me. Mostly I get inspired when I'm in the middle of homework, usually when it's really inportant and really late, or right when I'm falling asleep. By the time I wake up in the morning I have forgotten what I was going to write and my inspiration is gone. Other times that I get inspired is when I listen or read about other people writing. I know it's kind of strange but it makes me really want to write. Though, more often then not I'll just keep listening or reading to what they have to say and never get around to writing anything.... like now. stare  

Tsuki_Hana_Chan

i2avera_chian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm
when I space out [[ which is quite often ]] most of the time since I begin thinking in something without much importance, it begins developing into something more complicated and eventually it comes and I run to get a pencil and paper. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:20 pm
*sigh* the other time I get inspiration is when I'm in the middle of a story. I suddly get this other idea which is typically better than the one I'm working on. I never write those ideas down though because I know that if I do, I won't ever finish my original project. Does this happen to anyone else?  

Audini

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:25 pm
Adurna! I didn't see this post before! heart lol..

Inspiration. Music, dreams, real-life events, friends... yeah... that's pretty much it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:48 am
My inspiration comes from music, and I know that soon, this piece of music I have in my head will soon make me start to write...  

XGamerRichy

xxcelestialstarxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:28 pm
Music inspires me. I write best at night and sometimes events that had happened that day trigger an idea.  
Writing: Prose

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff