Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Thread Graveyard (forever dead)
The Scariest Thing Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever been so frightened that you couldn't act?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:17 pm
I have moved this here so we had other things to talk about biggrin

Here is another thing is to let everyone get to know you. What is the scariest thing you have done.

For me it was to teach a class of college students. I always had trouble in public speaking and I needed to get this right for my 500 level class. It was half grade. my just to add to the pressure.
I studied really hard and got slides and made up cards and everything. In the end since most of my presentation was made on the screen in the front class most people didn't see me and all went well. I'll tell you though, I was terrified for over a week before my lesson.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:09 pm
Bump! heart  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

FTGenikit

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:45 pm
Oh my....That's terible. I feel sorry for you..

For me, I can't think of anything that scares me so much...except one...Last night I was dreaming that I went out somewhere in the city and I was lost. I kept walking hoping that I would fin my way, and luckly I found a street that was familiar, so I started walking down the street and as I made a few turn, I notice that part of the side-walk was getting lower and when I looked down, I was pretty high up.

So I decided to turn back, and as I carefully walked around the fire escape ladder, something fell on me so hard as thunder made a loud BOOM! and woke me up. I got so scared...I couldn't even get off of my bed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:55 am
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

Well the only incident I can think of at the moment is ...

I was so frightened during the first 5 minutes of HSM that I couldn't even look away.

It was rather like watching a car wreck.

You just can't help it, even though you don't want to see it.

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

Smurffairy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:25 am
Lots of times I have a hard enough time just leaving the house, let alone trying to talk to people. It was pretty scary watching my dad nearly lose his fingers in an accident. Fortunately instinct took over so he didn't have to be rushed to the hospital. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:14 pm
I've experienced an earthquake in California, and have felt helpess watching the waters rise and the wind tear down trees and rip shingles off rooves, but the most frightening experience had to be when I was faced with my Aunt's killer Dobermans. What do you do when dogs that are bigger than you charge you, barking and in attack mode? I just froze, afraid to turn and run. Luckily, my Aunt came out the door to see what all the noise was about and they immediately responded to her command to stop and heal. But what could a human really do against a vicious dog!? Scary!!!  

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Wow some pretty scary stuff. I think Gweener is right about the dogs, I could handle myself in an earthquake, at least I think. Vicious dogs though, I don't know what I would do.

As for seeing your Dad or someone you love getting hurt, that can be pretty scary too. I hope your dad didn't hurt himself too badly, Smurffairy.

@Marie-Cris: what is HSM? I pretty dense tonight. smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:58 am
I can't remember if he had stitches or not. Thanks for your concern. mrgreen  

Smurffairy

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:08 pm
@ Gweener: I'm hoping that was a rhetorical question... because I have answers... I've kind of thought about it... It's sort of a thing I do... ponder about situations I would never like to be in (Ever... It's not as if I like to ponder about things like that... it just happens) and how I should react. If I was going to be attacked by dogs, and had no choice in the matter... Hmm... how to phrase it... If you don't want to be bitten, your best bet is to kick them... however... they'll probably bite you eventually... the way I figured it'd have to be... *sigh...* I don't even want to think about it. Like I said, a position I'd never want to be in...

You'd have to grab them by the mouth and break their jaw by violently jerking it... or break their neck. I'd prefer jaw, because going for the neck could get your wrist slashed... as the jaw will only be your hand. Like I said, it's not a position I'd want to be in... but between your life and the dog's, yours has higher priority. Not to mention that the dogs aren't likely to stop attacking you just because you're screaming and hurt... They'd probably keep at it until you were dead...  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:16 pm
As for the scariest thing that ever happened to me (it wasn't something I did... It happened whether I wanted it to or not... and I didn't want it to) was pretty weird. I might repeat myself a couple of times... because it was just that weird...

I think I was 11... I was trying to go to sleep, but I was having trouble sleeping. I used to like to sleep facing the wall, right? Well, this night, as I was trying to sleep, I was facing the wall... and...well... let's see how to phrase this...

I know I wasn't asleep yet. I know it. My eyes were close, and suddenly... the mattress behind me sank, as if someone sat down. But... I hadn't heard anyone come in... No one had come in. So my eyes snapped open... and I was frozen, staring at the wall... and my body was leaning into the depression, because it was deep enough that I was starting to roll into it, right? It was just like if someone had sat down next to me. I couldn't move for about 15 seconds. During the 15 seconds, the weight on the bed just stayed there. I kept thinking to myself "You have to move, you have to move" and finally I whipped around to look, but nothing was there, and the weight was instantly gone...

... freaky, no? To this day, I have trouble sleeping facing a wall... I have to sleep with my back to a wall...

My house is a new house, too... it was probably built two years before that happened, and we're the first family in it. I don't know what the hell it could have been... unless it was the ghost of some relative or something... This is farmland, too... The only ghosts that would be on this property are cow ghosts...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:09 pm
Oh my!!! *rofl*
I think Marie-Cris is referring to High School Musical!?
I can see the horror.

And Smurffairy, I understand the source of both situations: the feeling of having no control... *thinking*... I guess that is the basis for most fears. What do y'all think?
I had four brothers all together growing up, so I remember that panic feeling when they've just done something risky that resulted in stitches or broken bones. It's strange that I could stay calm... applying pressure, etc... but afterwards feel like I would puke. I wonder if that's a side-effect of coming down off of an adrenaline rush.

Chainsaw, I remember you talking about the horrifying dreams you would have. Maybe it was a night-terror? Not to say, that it wasn't some kind of ghost or presence. We, humans, would be arrogant to think we know everything and there are no mysteries left to solve. I used think I saw my Grandmother walk across the kitchen behind me as I washed dishes (it used to be her house, and especially her kitchen, and she had died in the house), but I never felt the alarm that you felt. At least I have a friend like you to open my eyes to other alternatives, huh? I could totally imagine punching a shark in the nose to avoid a bite, so regardless of being a huge dog-lover, when it comes down to me or him...
As for the dog situation, such a violent solution never occurred to me! *covers mouth with hand to hide amusement at how different we are* The only thing I could think to do would be to bee-line it to a tree and scramble up! It was that or tap my inner Cesar Millan and try to be calm & assertive... yeah, right! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:24 pm
... Personally, I'd rather not seriously injure the dog. I'd rather intimidate it enough so that it wouldn't want to fight anymore. In fact, that's my philosophy in fighting in general, and why the way I fight generally uses a lot of knockback, because, like I've said before, in my opinion, nothing makes you not want to fight anymore like being knocked back 15 feet and onto your a**.

When fighting animals in general, reach is key. That's why I said kicks. I'd try to kick the dog... since it can't really hurt you as easily if you just kick it away all the time, plus if it keeps getting hurt and you don't, it might give up.

As for the tree climbing, I'm not exactly built to climb a tree. Plus, I'm afraid of some heights. I say some, because, for some reason, once you get me above a certain height, I don't care anymore.

And I've never had a night-terror. All I know is that I wasn't asleep when it happened, because I remember having to fight to go back to sleep. Sure was weird, though... whatever it was.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kristabelle015
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:27 am
I think the scariest thing I've ever done was go to Spookers, which is a haunted house here in New Zealand. It sounds like a lot of fun, but it is actually THE most terrifying experience of my life. It's set in the nurse's dormitory of the old Karaka Insane Asylum... And the rules are that the staff are allowed to touch you, but you may not touch the staff. They grab you and scream at you and all sorts. It is without a doubt something I NEVER want to do EVER again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:16 am
Chainsaw, yes, I believe reach is the issue. I haven't been scared of any little dogs and maybe that is because I know a nice punt would solve the problem. It really is the larger breeds that scare the chet out of me, especially if they act aggressively, and even more if I let my imagination play with the possible damage those jaws can do! Just another reason to buy a taser.

Krissi-Chaos: That reminds me of this place near here. It's pretty freaky how the legend goes that this guy bought an insane asylum and opened it as a coffin factory and then added the burial into the business. It was said that his brother experimented on the the newly dead bodies... You can read the whole story here: http://www.screamfactory.net/legend.htm
They open it right before Halloween. They operate under the same rules as Spookers. I had a class with this chic that got a job there. She said it was so much fun, but they got so into putting on the show that she'd have bruises (She was dressed in white and running from zombies that eventually catch her and kill her).

Did y'all know that one of the aspects of Voodoo's the creation of zombies? The belief is that a bokor (voodoo priest) lays exotic poisons on the victim's doorstep and they'd die a few days later. Then the bokor visits the cemetery after the funeral and awakens the person as a zombie, usually with the fate of becoming slave labor on a plantation or released to wander the country-side and die a second time of starvation. The scientific community believes the bokors' powder contain a drug (a poison secreted by the puffer fish) that slows body functions enough to make the victim appear dead.

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:23 am
Yeah, I know that one. The belief is not that the priest kills them. In reality, they put them into a very deep sleep, almost a coma, where life signs are pretty much undetectable, especially in places without sensitive diagnostic equipment. The family, believing the person to be dead, will then usually bury them. The priest then digs them up later, and, due to oxygen deprivation, if they are still alive, they are usually severely brain damaged, leaving them incredibly easy to manipulate (not to mention susceptibility to very vacant stares, sluggish behavior, and a predisposition to moan).

I had actually heard of that one before I read the Zombie Survival guide... although that book does cover voodoo zombies. Voodoo zombies aren't really zombies, since they aren't actually dead.

... Hey, Gweener, out of all these people, did you think I would probably know about this topic?

I figured you would have heard about that... not to mention having some random knowledge about voodoo... seeing where you live, and all.  
Thread Graveyard (forever dead)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff