Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Do Pills Really Help? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are there really any other good options for when your parents decide to put you on pills?
  yes
  no
View Results

Music_Is_My_Life2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:07 am
Well,
the reason why I ask that question, is because my mom found out about my cutting, and put me on medication for my depression, hoping it would make me feel better. I know that they work different on everyone, so I'm kind of doubting that it will make me feel better. I want to get better, but I don't know if I can, my wrist looks like some cat came and only mauled my arm, to make it look prettier? well I don't know, can anyone give me some information, on the pills and how to sorta speed up my recovery. well toodles!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:50 am
IF you are depressed they will most likely work, but really are you depressed or did you just feel like cutting?  

Art Payment

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:55 pm
it depends on the person as always
but my friend said they like kill your emotions  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 am

My mother was on medication for depression for most of her marriage. She told me that all it did was supress her feelings...all of them. Her emotions, her drive, her opinion. Not good.
But I wouldn't personally know.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

LonelyEmo20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 am
OMFG!? U could always choose to stop taking the pils, ignore ur parents, and tell them to ******** off..... [i like irritating ppl lol] plus, jus b/c they're ur parents doesn't mean the can decide everything for ya..... if u think pills will help; go ahead no ones stopping ya but u can't be babied all ur life dude stare  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:00 pm
NEWS!

Scientists say pills do not help or hinder.  

Rellik San
Captain

xxShelyxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:01 pm
i personally have never been put on pills. i know people who have been though and it realy changed them. maybe write some poems like i do when i get depressed. i know that works cuz i used to cut and then i just wrote everything down.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:45 pm
Pills messd me up.
Getting used to them made my emotions even more out of control.
I just stopped taking them.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:05 am
There is a pill that increases suicidal tendencies.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:03 pm
Rellik San

Accutane, but I hear it's in females more so.  

Art Payment

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:58 pm
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San

I wonder if they tested it in wales. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:22 pm
Depends on the person with the pills. Alternatives like counseling might work for you, or figuring out why you cut. I cut because I loathe the body that I live in, and because pain is fun to inflict on myself. And now I'm not allowed to have sharp things anymore.

NOTE: If you're going to cut, don't cut so deep that you need stitches. That kind of kills any chance of no one noticing. If only I had my own car, then I could have lied my way out of it... bugger...anyway, pills work differently on different people. End of story.  

Submersion in Perversion

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:36 pm
"Pills for depression" is terribly vague. What "pills" are you on?

I.E. if someone said they were diagnosed with ADHD or ADD and asked this same question, I'd have to know if they took Ritalin or Aderall, because then I'd be able to tell them if they were essentially taking something chemically similar to cocaine or a pill that contains single salt dextroamphetamines. Neither of which help anything any more than... cocaine or methamphetamines.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm
It all depends on the person, but try to cheer up!  

TheTailz

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:32 am
Moonlight Agony
Rellik San

acutane is for acne, it's not a depressants, and it didn't do squat to me  
Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces