Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
oh the sacrifices we make Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mcm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:05 pm
I was going on about how I wanted a picture taken with a towel and this bag of my sisters that looks almost satchel-ish... she called me a nerd. and again the next day when I was comparing two different bag things trying to decide which looked more like a satchel.
she's read the book, but apparently is not as much of a fanatic as I am.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:55 am
Hahaha, I know what you mean. Every Thursday, I wear a shirt that says "DON'T PANIC" (in largish friendly letters). Even when I go out in public. If I'm feeling particularly self-conscious that day, I'll wear a jacket over it or position my purse strap so it covers it. I get a few weird looks. I also get a few people who come up to me and say "I love your shirt!"

Once, at school, a girl spilled water all over herself. I told her I had a towel and got it from my locker. The first thing she said was, "Why did you bring a towel to school?" I can't remember my explanation; it was probably something like "Do I need to have a reason for everything?"

And, of course, the "My towel is better than your towel!" incident. I'd rather not talk about that one.  

wingnut the improbable

mcm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:48 pm
you make it sound interesting. are you sure we can't hear that particular little anecdote?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:30 pm
I got in a fight with my friend which ended in us insulting each other''s towels.  

Daska

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:39 pm
Daska
I got in a fight with my friend which ended in us insulting each other''s towels.
Yeah, it was basically like that. Only the person whose towel I was insulting had never read the book/seen the movie/ etc. So it was like:
ME: "Well, my towel is better than your towel!"
HER: "Pardon!?"
ME: "It is!"
HER: "Why are you suddenly talking about towels?"

And so on. It was embarassing. But it was my only argument, and my towel was better than hers! (Actually she had the EXACT same towel as me, which was why we were arguing in the first place. We couldn't tell whose was whose. But mine WAS better. Trust me. It was.)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:25 pm
wingnut the improbable
Daska
Yeah, it was basically like that. Only the person whose towel I was insulting had never read the book/seen the movie/ etc. So it was like:
ME: "Well, my towel is better than your towel!"
HER: "Pardon!?"
ME: "It is!"
HER: "Why are you suddenly talking about towels?"

And so on. It was embarassing. But it was my only argument, and my towel was better than hers! (Actually she had the EXACT same towel as me, which was why we were arguing in the first place. We couldn't tell whose was whose. But mine WAS better. Trust me. It was.)
xd  

Daska

Super Radical

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:16 pm
*Gasp* I need a purse that looks like a satchel! Mine kinda does, I've had it for 3 years now, and my friends keep wanting me to buy a new one. Mines camoflauge(sp?) thus so much better than other purses, everytime they show me one the first thing I say is "Oh, the bears would love that, its like advertising 'Come Get Me Bears'", hehe, because mine is camo the bears can't see me ninja That had nothing to do with anything... it doesn't really look like a satchel either sweatdrop

If I had a locker last year I would've kept a towel in it, but I'm one of those brilliant D+ students who think that all the books you will need for 5 classes all day will fit into a 1 inch binder. I think I'll get a locker this year, just to keep a towel in it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:50 pm
I got a new bag for school the other day. It is a rather large satchel. Not leather, unfortunately (it's canvas), but at least it's brown xd My purse is almost satchel-ish. I can fit a towel in it (however, when a towel is in it, it looks like... there's a towel in it).

I kept a towel in my locker last year (school hasn't started for me yet! yay!). I said it was for gym. And I also kept one in my backpack. But they were more like face towels then full-sized bath towels, and they were old and ugly. But at least they were towels. And they occasionally came in handy (not often, but they did).  

wingnut the improbable

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:34 am
You lucky people, being able to fit your books in a satchel. Mine barely fit in my backpack and weight about 30 pounds.
I saw a guy at school with a leather satchel the other day. It was all I could do to not steal it and run away laughing like a maniac.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:13 pm
It was my first day at high school today (yes, I''m young, I know, shut up...) and I was really really panicking, so I put a towel in my satchel just in case. It didn''t come in handy, but I was glad to know it was there. And nobody saw it, which was a plus.

I also have "DON''T PANIC" written in big, friendly, silver-nail-polish-ish letters in a nicely inconspicuous place to distinguish it from my brother''s. And my charm bracelet has the number ''42'' on it.  

wingnut the improbable

Daska

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:36 pm
Well today was the first day back at school. Anyways I printed out a picture of "Don't Panic" in large friendly letters, and it is now inside of my locker.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Today was my first day of school too, I didn''t bring a towel but I did have a ipod with the words DON''T PANIC laser written on the back of it. I''m thinking of using a silver sharpie to write Don''t Panic on my purse though.  

Super Radical

Aika Artemis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:30 pm
My aunt and uncle have shunned me... on the last road trip I took with them, I brought along the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and quoted it all the time. My aunt has decided that I'm speaking in tongues and needs to be exorcised. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:15 am
Hehe, I can sympathize. My brother and I speak in a strange slew of Guide-quotes, Homestarrunner.com references and Simpsons quotes that make my parents just shake their heads.

...my chemistry notebook says "DON'T PANIC" on it, I wrote it there after hearing rumors about just how horrible the class was (it isn't). And my English notebook has a picture of Ford taped to the front, which always cheers me up immensely after a long school day. Though I've gotten a few questions from the people sitting next to me... xp  

Lupe_Oceana

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:13 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean. I made a few new friends but they kept on asking me stuff like 'Why do you keep telling me not to panic?' and 'Why are you excited that tomorrow's Thursday?' But that's ok because they had already noticed I was a total nerd when I went to the library with them and took out a book on the history of phosphorus.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games