Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
I have a question Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:06 pm
for all of you:

Who are you living for?

What are you living for?

Why?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:45 pm
Who are you living for? Tis a secret

What are you living for? Tis a secret

Why? Because I want to  

Galladonsfire

in the flicker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:52 pm
@galladonsfire: why even bother posting...? such secrecy!

anydangway, i'll satisfy your curiosity, kirbs.

Who are you living for? myself.

What are you living for? to understand the flicker between words and real life. to understand all flickers in the in betweens.

Why? because i don't know what else to do.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Someone likes being annoying. stare

Flick: That's a very noble thing to discover, I suppose, (though in my opinion it's only a small fraction of the things there are TO live for). But the best person to live for is oneself. For oneself ceases to betray you after you have discovered all of his/her secrets.

Does, uh...is someone going to make me answer? sweatdrop  

KirbyVictorious

The Duchess Grey

Astounding Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:47 pm
I suppose I'll give some sort of an answer. wink

Who are you living for? The people that I love and want to protect.

What are you living for? The hope that the world can be changed, and that there really can be happy endings.

Why? Because it's what I do.

Alright Kirby, what are your answers to these questions?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:13 pm
me

happiness

why not?  

NovaKing

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:20 pm
Wolf! *hug* Haven't seen YOU in a while! heart

Nova: as long as that makes you happy, indeed, why not?

Oh, fine. stare only to avoid hypocrisy.

Someone

waiting for someone to--pathetically enough--sign onto the internet. long story.

Because that's all I know for certain when everything else has been growing darker. Because that's the only way I can face another day. I think of it as waiting for your therapist to schedule an appointment.

Your sexy waytoobusy yet so incredibly helpful therapist.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Hey! yeah it's been forever...

Hmm, someone? Sounds sort of...cryptic? Then again, I'm sure there's a whole story behind this I don't know. Or I could just be missing the point, I do that a lot. sweatdrop  

The Duchess Grey

Astounding Explorer

BlackHawkGS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:41 pm
Who are you living for? Myself.

What are you living for?
Nothing better to do.

Why?
Cures the boredom. Dying would just make everything more boring. I mean, then I'd be stuck in a whole in the ground and kind of wouldn't be able to move...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:48 pm
Kirby! A Mod!

How dare you post in the wrong forum.

I refuse to answer.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:49 pm
But where's it go? It isn't Spam. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:06 pm
BlackHawkGS
Who are you living for? Myself.

What are you living for?
Nothing better to do.

Why?
Cures the boredom. Dying would just make everything more boring. I mean, then I'd be stuck in a whole in the ground and kind of wouldn't be able to move...

your avi is awesome and that is my second favorite answer in here.  

NovaKing

lidless_i

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:08 am
Who am I living for?

Well, the most immediate answer that comes to mind is myself... but the grandiose, hopelessly unrealistic daydreams that I've had about hoisting humanity out of the pit in which (I perceive) it has securely lodged itself would beg to differ. Or at least make it so that the answer "Myself" is not enough to satisfy the entirety of it...

What are you living for?

I've tried so hard to figure this one out... Spending countless hours, that I should have spent sleeping, working out in my head. Finding solutions, comparing solutions found by others. The only problems is that none of them seem to hold up when you reason them down enough. Not a single God damned one. So, either I lack the capability to find the meaning of life (an entirely likely possibility) or there isn't one (it seems just as likely). So, if the second option is true, it makes some degree of sense to seek our own purpose, and find our own meaning for life. (Actually that doesn't make much sense at all, but when there is nothing else and it pleases the irrational parts of our brain to indulge, why not do so?) Of course, being the way that I am, I don't feel that any purpose I could assign life would be complete enough, or meaningful enough, to warrant that I follow through with it. So, for the moment, I'm not really living for anything...

I apologize for the rant there.

Why?

For both answers, because I can't find a logical reason to really do anything at all. At the most basic level that I can reason, none of the things that we fill our lives with make any sort of real sense. So, forgoing a well thought out reason for it all, why not satisfy the baser impulse that drives us forward in our daily lives? Not sex and food of course, but the base impulse that makes us want to have reason and purpose in our lives, even if it's fabricated. So... yeah... that's why, because logic fails beyond a certain depth, whereas impulsion (a real word?) doesn't seem to...

Sorry for the long winded lecture... thing...

Edit: looking at it in the actual post it doesn't look as long winded as it felt when writing it. As such I retract my apology. Meh.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 pm
lidless_i
Who am I living for?

Well, the most immediate answer that comes to mind is myself... but the grandiose, hopelessly unrealistic daydreams that I've had about hoisting humanity out of the pit in which (I perceive) it has securely lodged itself would beg to differ. Or at least make it so that the answer "Myself" is not enough to satisfy the entirety of it...

What are you living for?

I've tried so hard to figure this one out... Spending countless hours, that I should have spent sleeping, working out in my head. Finding solutions, comparing solutions found by others. The only problems is that none of them seem to hold up when you reason them down enough. Not a single God damned one. So, either I lack the capability to find the meaning of life (an entirely likely possibility) or there isn't one (it seems just as likely). So, if the second option is true, it makes some degree of sense to seek our own purpose, and find our own meaning for life. (Actually that doesn't make much sense at all, but when there is nothing else and it pleases the irrational parts of our brain to indulge, why not do so?) Of course, being the way that I am, I don't feel that any purpose I could assign life would be complete enough, or meaningful enough, to warrant that I follow through with it. So, for the moment, I'm not really living for anything...

I apologize for the rant there.

Why?

For both answers, because I can't find a logical reason to really do anything at all. At the most basic level that I can reason, none of the things that we fill our lives with make any sort of real sense. So, forgoing a well thought out reason for it all, why not satisfy the baser impulse that drives us forward in our daily lives? Not sex and food of course, but the base impulse that makes us want to have reason and purpose in our lives, even if it's fabricated. So... yeah... that's why, because logic fails beyond a certain depth, whereas impulsion (a real word?) doesn't seem to...

Sorry for the long winded lecture... thing...

Edit: looking at it in the actual post it doesn't look as long winded as it felt when writing it. As such I retract my apology. Meh.

Humanity has changed before -_-

There are some points in this that lead further then where you have taken them, and some that can be refuted with logic just as cumbersome and a little more silly, but I'm told that when I do this I can come off somewhat obnoxious. So, instead, I will only admire your logic - saving you, and the those looking on, the trouble of dealing with my lengthy philisophical prose.  

NovaKing

lidless_i

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:51 pm
I'd acctually prefer you refute it... that is if this were my thread and not Kirby's... Having an outside view contradict one's reasoning is a good way to improve it... or at least I think so.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff