Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
At the Heart of the Matter Over Mind Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reese wrote a story.
  Le gasp.
  And it's depressing in a whole new way.
View Results

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:13 pm
In the Living Room
"No."

"What?"

"Why on earth would you want to do that?" I thought you wanted to be an editor at some big publishing company?"

"That's dull and too stationary. I like to move around."

"But you're so smart. You could be a doctor or a lawyer or an actuary."

"I hate math, I hate science, and I hate confrontation."

"You'll need science for this too."

"But it's science for something I like, not shudder about. Besides, with my life, a doctor isn't exactly what I would aspire to be."

"Why not a regular psychologist or trainer for professional athletes? Why horses?"

"Because, like I said before, I don't want to just sit around all day, and with 'professionals' you have to deal with all kinds of complexes, and I just don't handle people like that very well."

"Can you even get a degree in this?"

"Yes. It's called Equine Facilitated Therapeutics, and quite a few colleges offer it."

"Oh, Aalisa. You have such a great mind. You shouldn't let it go to waste."

Diary
May 10, 2005

Dear Journal,
Why must it be that a person must choose? It seems like all the world thinks you either must use your head or your heart. If you have a great brain, you're just supposed to forget that you care. It's not fair. Why can't I use both?

At the Career Fair
"-The most rewarding part is the smiles on the faces, both riders and teachers alike, as the ride along-"

"Aalisa! There's someone over here I'd like you to meet. He's an amazing journalist with a lot of great connections. You've got to make sure to get to talking some of these other booths. Can't let academic talent like yours go to waste, eh?"

"...Right, Principal LeRue."

Diary
May 11, 2005

Dear Journal,
It's sad when you find out the world has been lying to you all along. They tell you when you're young, "Keep up the good work and you can do anything you want when you grow up." What a load of crap. The smarter you are, the lessoptions you have. You can't have a charitable job, or even just an average "whatever" job, because then you're "lowering yourself" and "wasting your mind and talent." Does that mean that to be kind, to really care and want to help people with your life, you have to dumb? It seems to be that at the heart of the matter, you have to put mind over matter.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:15 pm
Yes, it's short. But it gets the point across.  

Reese_Roper

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:24 pm
Wow. That would be sad if I was smart. But I'm naaaaaaaaaauut.

Nicely done. ^^ I like it. A bit more detail might make it better though. But then, maybe it wouldn't. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:43 pm
It's hard to add to a true story. But yes, it's sad. It's why I rely so heavily on scholarships. So I can go to Wilson College even if my parents won't pay. neutral  

Reese_Roper

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:00 pm
*sob*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:13 am
That IS sad, I feel for you and really take sides with those who have the wish to want to be able to do anything they want because they should be able to do anything they want thats the right thing. If people would only realize to respect each others free will in this world then that would solve a mountain of our problems at hand.

/comfort  

Galladonsfire

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:12 pm
;~;

We can never be free, until other's realize that their nagging opinions and wants aren't for us, but for themselves...?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:20 pm
Nicely said, Krissie.

Um, slightly off topic but...I know what I wanna be when I grow up?  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 pm
OOh, I know what I wanna be when I grow up too! <3

What do you wanna be when you grow up Kirby? =3 *has a good feeling that I know the answer to this already.. xD;; *

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:53 pm
Primarily a writer.

then, video game designer

then, architect.

Perhpas all at once. They're all interrelated. ^^

What do YOU wanna be?  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:15 pm
You forgot world domination...!

Mostly, I wanna make manga. I also wanna write books {and probably make them into mangas too}. I also would like to be a professional LARPer {live action roleplayer}.

If nothing works out....I'll probably be a teacher or work at the mall.... <.<; Or a hobo....they're cool....Somtimes...<.<;;
If they're not cool....I'll be a cool hobo.. cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:45 pm
Would you like to borrow my box? I'll have to go over and give it to you when I'm on my way over to your sexii state.

Well it's not exactly the state that's sexy...but whatever.

I have a box! and it's lovely and blue. Big box, it is. It's for hobos only. 3nodding

Will you make AMetris into a manga for meeee? eek PLease?  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:58 pm
OOh, that soudns like a lovely box that I would love to live in!!! <3

=o
Me? Make your wonderfully wonders into a manga...! Dear gods! I'd be honored too!!!
Do you mean in general, like in the futrue when I have my career and when I need to go through legalness to get copyrighted permission from you? You'll have to wait awhile for that.. xD;
Or like in my spare time, over the summer randomness, post it up on the interwebz...? I wouldn't mind at all doing that- though it'd probably be my second time at trying to create a manga, {I'm curently trying to get a ouline to make a mini manga of my own version of Alice in Wonderland using characters that my friend and I use in our roleplays.}, so who knows what that'll be like.

ooh....*days dreams*

Either one would be honoring, both would be like eating a pie...two times...!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:25 am
Well, do both then! ^^ I give you full permission. Just try not to deviate from the storyline too much? sweatdrop And the new first chapters are so much better than the old ones.

Here! *offers box as payment for your awesome skillz*  

KirbyVictorious

Oukow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:47 am
OMFG! BOX!!!!!!! *squeals*

I won't try to...deviate from the storyline too much....0-0; When I find out what it means...<.<;

I can't say when exactly I'll begin it, but when I do I'll make sure to let you know. :3

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff