Reply Writing: Prose
The Melodious Nocturne: 19 Chapters Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:09 pm
This is my finished fan-fiction, The Melodious Nocturne, based on Demyx, one of the Organization XIII members in Kingdom Hearts II. This story is parallel to KHII, showing what was going on with Demyx, his past, and his future. ^_^ I hope you enjoy.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:11 pm
Chapter I

Demyx sat not-so-quietly upon one of the rock ledges of the small beach, picking the strings of his sitar and humming, while watching the dim sun sink into the dark, silver ocean. Water from a tide pool wormed and danced to the music, and formed into the shapes of planets and small water beads of starts that twinkled with reflecting light. He looked at his creation and chuckled.

“I bet I could make a whole solar system if I wanted t-” he started to say, but something grabbed his attention. Something small was falling from the sky. No wait, it was getting bigger. Too big to be a bird. He stood. With a crash, it hit the water.

Curiously Demyx jumped from his spot and casually half-ran to the edge of the water, his mind brimming with curiosity and slight concern. The blue sitar in his hand became water, and it vanished. He stood on the tips of his toes, trying to see past the shimmering silver reflection on the surface of the water to find where the unknown object had landed. Finally, he decided to just check for himself. He walked on the water, as if it were a solid, moving surface, out a couple of yards. What he saw made him jump with surprise, and gasp.

The unconscious face of a girl floated upon the water, waves splashing over it now and again, making it drift closer to shore.

“Oh my god…what should I do?” Demyx called out nervously and frantically to no one in particular. Finally, he got on his knees, and reached through the solid surface of the water, and pulled her out. The water dripping from her fell, and hit the ocean surface as if it were normal, sending small ripples upon the calm waves.

Demyx hefted her into his arms and panicked running back to the beach. His boots crushed softly on the sand, and he lay her down, putting her on her back. She was small, he noted, and though she was wearing a now soaked blue tank top and a pair of black jeans, she didn’t weigh very much. Her black-rimmed glasses were wet, and would have made it impossible to see if she had opened her eyes now. But she just lay, unconscious, her chest not heaving at all.

He bit his lip, fingers twitching in panic, not sure of what to do. He leaned in, about to take her head, tilt it, and place his lips on her delicate, pale ones, but then withdrew, his face flushing.

“No no no! I can’t do this…I…” suddenly his face lit up. Demyx stood, opened his palm, and a stream of water formed, and became his sitar once more. Taking it firmly, he played a stream of notes that seemed rushed and racing, as his heart was. From her slightly-gaping mouth, a stream of water withdrew itself from her lungs, like a cobra from a basket, and landed in the sand beside her. When the stream came to an end, the girl started to quiver, and she jumped. Her head jerked to the side, and her chest heaved. She let out a hacking cough, water running from her chin. She gasped for air, and fell back on the sand, breathing hard. Demyx let his sitar disappear once more, and he fell to his knees next to her.

“Hey! You’re alive! Are you okay?! You just fell out of the sky and-“ he started to explain quickly. But the girl suddenly opened her eyes, and he was lost for words. Clear blue eyes stared up back at him, and behind them, they were filled to the brim with fear. She suddenly threw up her hands, and grabbed his shoulders, pulling herself closer. He stared back it her, surprised. Her voice was scraped with saltwater, and rasped horribly as she tried to speak.

“Don’t leave! Don’t…don’t let them….take….my heart!” She pleaded eyes bright and alert. He could feel her arms quiver, and she couldn’t hold onto him any longer. She let go and fell back, but he caught her back before she hit the sand. She then closed her eyes. Were those tears, or just water from the ocean?

Demyx looked at her sadly. Her heart? Well she defiantly didn’t look like a heartless, or a nobody. She had something he didn’t have, at least, what he was told he didn’t have. But Demyx couldn’t believe nobodies didn’t have hearts. He had definitely been scared. And upset. And happy! How could he fell these emotions, and not have a heart? He didn’t really believe what the superior, and the others said. He knew somewhere, they all had hearts.

A heart was a precious thing to have, and whoever wanted this girl’s, he wouldn’t let them. Demyx picked up the girl again. “Hey, are you awake? Hey!” He shook her slightly, but she didn’t open her eyes again. At least she was alive.

“Aw man, what am I gonna do?” Demyx whined, looking about. He created a portal of shimmering darkness, and walked through it, the girl in his arms. When they exited, they were in a large bedroom with nice furniture, a four-poster bed, and large window overlooking the twilight sky over the ocean far below.

Though the room was big and beautiful, clothes littered the floor, tainting the clean room. Books fell from a bookshelf, creating a small pile of paper and bindings. There was a music player on the bedside table, with a few scattered CDs on the surface.

Demyx stepped carefully over the mess, making sure not to crush anything important. “Maybe I should clean my room more often…” He said to himself, and struggling with one hand to make the sheets straight, laid the girl on the bed.

“Man, this can’t be good. If I get caught…” He sighed, tapping the side of his head with a finger, his hand holding his elbow. He stopped to look at her, and sighed. “…I’m gonna get into huge trouble, I just know it.”

Her wet, dark brown hair clung to her cheek, and clothes formed tight against her body. Demyx blushed. She was going to catch a cold. But he wasn’t going to undress her, he couldn’t!

“No way…!” He whined, closing his eyes, and turning his back to the bed. “That’s something a sick pervert would do! And if she woke up…aw geeze…” He sighed. “But when she gets sick it will be all my fault…” Demyx muttered, turning shyly back towards the bed.

He crept toward it with great caution. His hands reached towards her waist, and stopped. He looked at her calm face. She didn’t move. He took the bottom of her shirt with care, and started to pull it back. When he had finally gotten it all the way up, he struggled to move her arms up, and to pull it over her head. Finally, he sighed, and was able to remove the shirt. He hung the shirt over the end of the foot of the bed to dry. Then he went back to her, and went for the rim of her jeans.

“Geeze, this is so wrong, so wrong…” Demyx whispered to himself as he undid the button and zipper, and pulled the soaking jeans down of her legs. They were easier to remove, and he wondered why she wasn’t wearing shoes as he put the jeans over the end of the bed next to the shirt.

Demyx went to one of the drawers of a small dresser, and pulled out a plain grey T-shirt and black shorts. Bringing them over to the bed, he couldn’t help but blush madly. She lay on his bed, soaked from head to toe, in her underwear. Her hands were still even above her head, suggesting something quite obvious. Demyx whispered a curse to himself, and slipped her hands through the arm holes of the grey shirt, and quickly slipped it over her and put her hands back down. It was big on her, even covering her teal-and-aqua underwear. He blushed, and quickly put the shorts on her as well.

He sat on the edge of the bed, and let out a heavy sigh. He realized suddenly that he had been sweating, and wiped the sweat from his brow, and tried to recover by looking out at the fading twilight. Finally, Demyx turned his gaze to the serene face of the girl. She was still so quiet, but her chest heaved slightly, breathing softly. Reaching out, he gently took her glasses off, and placed them on the bedside table.

“There.” He said, and looked back at her, finished. “You’re going to kill me when you realize I changed you out of your clothes.” He moaned dreadfully, dropping his head. Then seriously, he looked up, and out the window. “I hope that…saving you isn’t a mistake. I really shouldn’t have. I had no reason for helping you…” Demyx studied her face intently. “But….you would have died. That would have meant I had killed an innocent person. I couldn’t do that...Still…why were you brought to here?” He asked to her, quietly trying to think of a reason, but none came to mind.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm
Chapter II

The girl blinked, opening her eyes slowly to face a white wall. She groaned softly, and turned over, and gazed at the blurry white room that was un-kept, by what she could tell. Her lungs were burning and dry, like they had been scraped with salt on the inside. She coughed, but it only made it hurt more.

With another groan, she sat up, pushing herself against the headboard, and finally spotted her glasses on the table beside her. She put them on, yet everything was still blurry. She took them off and inspected them. They were covered in water spots. ‘What had happened, again?’ she thought as she rubbed them clean with the large grey shirt she was wearing.

“Hold on…this isn’t mine…” She rasped weakly, placing her now clean glasses on once more.

Looking up, she could see her wet clothes hanging at the end of the bed, and thought back at what she remembered had happened. She couldn’t remember much at all, though. All she could think of was the saltwater in her lungs…then…it was gone…and….a face. Young and concerned, with blue-green eyes, and dirty blond hair.

Just then the door to this bedroom was opened, and a young man with light skin, blue-green eyes, and dirty blond hair dripping down his neck walked in. He was wearing just a pair of navy shorts, and had a small white towel around his neck; obviously he’d just come out of the shower. When he came in, his eyes locked with hers, and it made her blush. He looked surprised, and rushed over to her.

“Great! You’re finally awake!” He rejoiced, motioning to her. “Are you ok? How are you feeling?”

She blinked, and made a face, considering his question, and thinking how to best answer it. “My throat and lungs sting…but other than that…” She shook her head. She wasn’t sure what to say.

“Oh! Yeah, you almost drowned! You must be thirsty; the salt must have dried you out.” He said, getting on his knees, and reaching under his bed. He pulled out a bottle of water, and handed it to her. She took it briskly, and broke the seal on the cap.

“Thank you!” She rasped, taking off the cap and putting the bottle to her lips. She had nearly drunk the whole thing before she put it down, and gasped for air. “That’s better…” She said, her voice now much clearer.

“My name is Demyx.” The man said, almost eagerly. “What’s your name? And…who are you? Why did you just….fall from the sky and almost drown?” Demyx asked, eyes bright with question.

“…Demyx…” She said, tasting the strange name. “…I’m….I’m…” Hold on, why couldn’t she think of it? It was on the tip of her tongue. “…I’m…A-Amelia? Is that….yes! That’s it! Amelia, and…” The only thing that came to mind now was her name. Why couldn’t she remember anything other than that? As hard as she tried, she was only reaching into a grey and fuzzy void.

“…I don’t know. I can’t…remember…” Amelia said, dazed. It started to sink in, and her face grew scared. “I can’t remember anything! Why am I here…what’s happened…”

Demyx frowned with concern. “Don’t worry, I’m sure it will come back to you, sooner or later.” He said, giving a reassuring smile.

Amelia looked at him intently, studying his face. “Demyx…” She said finally. “…are you the one who undressed me?” She asked, her voice slightly dark.

“Oh!” He said in surprise, jumping back, his face reddening. “We-well y-yes, I mean, if I hadn’t, you, you, ya’ know, you would have g-gotten sick!” Demyx explained frantically. “I’m sorry! I’m really sorry! I’m not a pervert!”

She stared at him, considering what he said, and paused, as if about to yell, and flame at him for his crime. But then she just gave a small laugh. Demyx stared at her, confused. Her laughing faded, and she sat, staring quietly at the white wall in front of her.

“…You…saved me from drowning.” Amelia said then, and looked back up at Demyx.

“Uh…well, yeah, I wasn’t going to just let you die.” He mumbled, blushing, adverting his eyes and scratching the back of his head.

Amelia smiled, and then finished off the rest of the water bottle. “Well,” she said finally, screwing the cap back on, “That’s all I remember for now. I guess I can’t really be upset about things I don’t know, so there isn’t need for me to get emotional just because I can’t remember anything.” She decided, nodding. “I suppose the only important thing is the present.”

“You serious? You don’t care that you can’t remember anything?” Demyx asked incredulously.

Amelia flashed him a small smile. “Well of course I do. I’m sure it will come back to me. Besides, if it doesn’t, it must not have been that important to begin with, right?”

Demyx shrugged. “I suppose…”

“All right, now that that’s out of the way,” she began, “Where am I?”

“In the World that Never Was.” Demyx told her.

“Hmm, well that doesn’t sound depressing at all.” She commented sarcastically.

“It’s where we of Organization XIII live. This is our castle.”

“Organization XIII?” She asked.

“Yes. We are the Nobody lords, we have command over the lesser Nobodies.”

“Nobody lords? What are nobodies?”

“Nobodies are…” He sighed, “Well, when someone gets their heart stolen by the Heartless, they become Heartless themselves, and a Nobody of them is born, a sort of in-between of their souls. Not quite whole, but not completely taken by darkness. It’s said we don’t have hearts at all, but I don’t think that’s tr-“ Demyx explained seriously, and she interrupted him.

“Heartless? Heart….less….ungg!” Amelia groaned, quenched her eyes shut, and held her head in her hands, and trembled slightly. A sharp pain dug into the depths of her mind, like an icy dagger.

“Amelia! Hey, what’s wrong?!” He asked frantically, putting his hands on her shoulders. She let out another groan, and he could feel her tensed muscles relax.

“I think I just…remembered something…” She said quietly, not moving or looking up.

“What is it? What did you see?”

“Black creatures…Heartless, everywhere…in a town…my town? People were screaming…and…then I was in the shadows…they were everywhere…and…one jumped for me…and…everything went dark.” Amelia shook her head, as if trying to clear the aftershock of the sudden flood of memory.

Demyx sighed in relief. “Well, it’s coming back to you. That’s something to be grateful for, right?”

Amelia also sighed, and forced a warm smile, though she was now troubled at what had happened that she could not remember. “Yeah, you’re right.” She showed him her smile. “Thank you, Demyx.”

Demyx, as if noticing for the first time how close he was to her, with his hands on her shoulder, topless, no less, jumped back and his face turned scarlet. “W-what for? I haven’t done anything!”

She couldn’t help but laugh at his defensive and stuttering emotion he revealed every time she smiled at him. “You’ve done so much. Saving my life, for one thing. Keeping me from getting a cold. Giving me water to sooth my throat. Just plain seeming concerned for my well-being.”

Demyx turned away from Amelia and chuckled uncomfortably. “Well, like I said, I couldn’t just leave you there to die. A-anyway, we can talk about this later. I need to be somewhere.” He said as he started to dry his hair ferociously with the towel, wipe himself off, and threw to the floor when he was finished with it.

“Where are you going? Can’t I come with you?” Amelia asked, watching him from the bed.

“Uhh…n-not really. You’re…not even supposed to BE here. I could get into big trouble. I have to go to a meeting with the other Organization XIII members. We’ve got plans, and well, we need to decide who to do what. It’s kinda boring, but I have to be there. They may need me.” He said, trying to sound important as he pulled out of the closet a pair of black pants, and slid them on.

Amelia adverted her eyes with a small blush. When he had put on the pants, he rushed to put on knee-high boot that went over the tight black pants. Then finishing with the boots, he pulled a long black cloak with little metal beads that adorned the tassels from the closet, put it on, and zipped it up.

Demyx hurried to the door, his hair still hanging damp by his neck in a way that for some reason made Amelia’s whole face feel hot.

“But wait! What…what should I do?” She asked suddenly before he closed the door.

“I…I don’t know! I’ll be back soon, promise! Sorry!” Demyx said hurriedly, and dashed out of the room, closing the door with a loud ‘slam’.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:13 pm
Chapter III

Amelia let out a sigh as Demyx left the room abruptly. She sat on the bed for a few moments, looking down at her hands, then around the white room. It was so messy. Casually it clicked in her, and she instinctively got off the bed, and started picking things up.

There was so much junk. Empty water bottles, clothes, towels, CDs, papers, books, and trash that had no where near been thrown close enough to the trash can.

She started collecting the CDs in one pile, and organized them on the bedside table. She picked up the trash and put it in the trash can with the empty water bottles. Then she started picking up the towels that had been lazily tossed on the floor, including the one he had discarded moments ago, and threw them into the hamper inside the closet.

“For a castle, this sure is like any other room I’ve….ahh!” She dropped to the floor, holding her head again. Another painful part of her life was rushing back to her at the speed of light.

A room. It was her room. Small, with a table, desk, bed, a few cupboards, and a sink with a mirror-a one room apartment. It was cramped but tidy as possible. There was a small vase of flowers on the table. It seemed to be the only decoration in the room. There were no pictures, nor paintings. The blanket on the bed looked hand-made. It was decorated with a giant moon, and tiny starts around it.

It felt lonely. The warmth and feeling of a home didn’t seem to completely fill the room.

Amelia opened her eyes, the pain subsiding, and blinked. She lived in a place like that? It was so puny compared to this room. She felt suddenly very embarrassed. Did she really come from a place like that? So small and lonely? Didn’t she have a family? Friends?

She sat there on the floor for a moment, feeling more and more upset as she thought about it. What had her life been like? A lonely home, and a village being destroyed.

Sighing, Amelia got up on her feet again and continued to work. She finished putting the towels in the hamper, and started picking up the clothes. She took shirts, though wrinkled, and put them on hangers with the few pants that had also been on the floor.

Her face turned scarlet as she picked up a few pairs of boxers and threw them in the hamper with the towels and other dirty clothes.

Once done, she looked back at her work, satisfied. She could see the floor. Everything was in its place. CDs on the table, clothes put away, and papers and books in drawers and on shelves.

Though, she still felt restless. It had only been about twenty minutes, and there was nothing else to do. Amelia walked over to the bed, and reached under it for another water bottle. She opened it and took a drink, and sighed.

Standing up, she looked out the large window, down what seemed like an endless void of late twilight. The sun had set, and half the sky was dark navy, the other a fading blue. The sky seemed to die, being smothered by darkness, and it reached out for help, only to drown helpless into the horizon.

Amelia took another sip and sighed, relaxing as she stared aimlessly out at the sky, not noticing its gradual transformation from twilight to night. Before she knew it, a couple of hours had passed by, and the stars twinkled sadly in the dark sky. She still hadn’t come to any conclusion of where she had come from, or why she had come here.

Then the door opened, and Demyx walked into the room, closing the door behind him. Amelia turned around just in time to see the surprised look on his face as he realized what she had done to his room.

“A…A..Amelia! Wow! Look what you did, it’s so…clean!” He said in disbelief, looking around.

She chuckled slightly. “Well what else was I going to do? You completely abandoned me.”

His face showed shame, and he mumbled. “Yeah, I’m sorry about that. It’s just I had forgotten about it within this whole mystery.” Demyx apologized, sitting on the bed in a huff, looking troubled. Amelia could see it in his eyes.

“Demyx, something is wrong. What is it?” She asked, putting her water on the bedside table, and sitting next to him on the bed, looking at him.

He didn’t look up. “…Well…our buddy, well, my friend, part of the organization has been gone for a while. There is a long story behind it, but basically, they want ME to go and try to retrieve him. I may have to fight. Man, did they ever choose the wrong guy…”

She looked at him sympathetically. “Why is that, don’t you want to help your friend?”

“Yes, I do, but I’m just…I don’t like fighting. I don’t think I’m good enough.” He sighed, dropping his head even lower.

“Aw, I doubt that.” Amelia said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “I think you’re just being hard on yourself.”

He looked up at her seriously. “How would you know?” He asked, almost accusingly.

She looked at him, a bit surprised, and she blinked. “I don’t. But you look like a strong fighter to me.” Amelia said, and smiled reassuringly.

He looked into her eyes for a few seconds, and then couldn’t help but smile too. “Thanks.”

After a few more seconds, he started to blush, and so did she. They both looked away from each other, and Amelia removed her hand.

“I….had another memory…” She started to say. Demyx looked up again, his blush gone.

“Really?! What was it??”

She didn’t look at him, but looked at her hands. “…I think it was my room. It was…small, and sort of…pitiful, at least compared to this room. It was…like a one room apartment. And, it felt lonely, lonely and lacking the warmth of a home…”

He looked at her with a small look of pity. He opened his mouth about to say something, but then closed it again. She noticed.

“What?”

“Oh, nothing.” He said quickly. She stared at him, but gave up on it.

“..maybe you should get some sleep. You’ve had a hard day.”

At that moment she yawned. “Maybe, you’re right.” She said, stretching her arms.

“Here, you can sleep in my bed, I’ll sleep on the floor.” He offered.

“What? What for, this bed is big enough for two people.” Amelia said.

Demyx looked at her, blushing. “Hey, no way, that’s perverted, I wouldn’t-“

“Oh come on, we can put up a wall of pillows. I would just feel too guilty if you slept on the hard floor.”

“Yeah, but what if-“

“Demyx, just trust me!”

He sighed, giving up. “Fine. We’ll share the bed.” He said, and got up, walking to the closet, and taking care to keep his room clean for her, he hung up his cloak. He slipped off his boots, and then his pants. Amelia blushed madly, and turned around, and pulled up some extra pillows and made a wall. Climbing on the other side, closest to the wall, she went under the covers, and as soon as she put her head on the pillow, she realized she was tired after all.

Demyx, in just a pair of boxers, walked and turned off the light. In the dark, he walked to the bed, and slipped under the covers. Amelia couldn’t help but watching him laying down next to her, facing away from her.

“Well, goodnight…” He said, a bit nervous.

“Goodnight Demyx.” She answered, closed her eyes, and immediately fell fast asleep.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 pm
Chapter IV

Demyx awoke to a scream. His eyes shot open, and he would have shot up like a bullet if it wasn’t for something light on top of him. He looked down, calculated for a second in his head, and then let out a cry. Quickly, however, he shut his mouth. Amelia, still sleeping, though panting and twitching, was laying on him, her arms holding him tight and close. The wall of pillows to his left was is in complete disarray.

A pang of pity shot through him as he looked down at her in her troubled sleep. He wondered if he should wake her, or if he should wait until she was calm, and let her keep sleeping. As he weighed his options, he became conscious of the awkward and uncalled for situation he was in. He reached up steadily to pry her arms from his shoulders without awaking her, but they wouldn’t budge. He tried a little harder, but they still didn’t move, and he gave up. Maybe she would roll off on her own later.

He lay there for a while, the blush on his cheeks slowly fading. He put his arms around her reflexively, and she stopped trembling so violently. Then she started to whimper, and he started to calmly pet her hair back. Demyx wondered if what he was doing was wrong. He shuddered at the thought if she awoke before him, in this same position. She would undoubtedly think that he was some sort of pervert.

But she seemed so helpless and fragile, and he just wanted to do what he could to calm her down. Even still, it was nice here. He felt peace in holding someone in his arms, stroking her soft hair…

Wait, what is this? He thought. A feeling so warm, he had never felt before. Where did it come from? Is it her? Does this…have a name? He wondered, continuing to stroke her hair. Then he shrugged it off. It didn’t matter right now. He could wonder about it later. Right now, in this moment he felt at peace.

Slowly she stopped trembling altogether, and her whimpers turned into soft murmurs. “….Demyx…” He caught his name in the incoherent mumbles, and his eyes opened. She said his name. Was she thinking about him in her dreams at this moment? Or did the familiar syllables just slip from her tongue? Amelia stopped mumbling and was silent. The only thing he could hear now was her soft breathing in the background of his own.

He closed his eyes, stopped his hands on her neck and back, and fell asleep.

The next thing Demyx knew, he was rolling for a moment, and then a sudden drop as if he had fallen from a cliff edge. But it ended abruptly, and he opened his eyes to see Amelia on top of him still, yell, and then blinked her eyes open. She must have rolled in her sleep and taken him with her.

It took her a moment to realize where she was. She looked confused, and then it was so quiet that he was sure he had heard the ‘click’ when she finally realized.

“Oh! OH!” She sat up quickly, and his hands fell to his sides. Amelia stumbled, and fell back. “Oof! Oh my gosh, I’m-I’m s-s”

Demyx just stared at her with a blank surprised expression on his face. His mouth hung open ever so slightly. He didn’t know what to say, he thought that she would be yelling at him and accusing him right about now.

Her face was completely red, and when she finally looked up at him, he was red too. But he didn’t seem angry. She calmed down a bit.

“I’m sorry. I guess I did a few things in my sleep…” She apologized, looking down shamefully. When she didn’t hear him respond, her heart started to race up again.

“Did...did I really do something…? Oh jeeze, I…I’m sorry if I did anything to you…!”

“No, no!” He tried to assure her. “No, you just…you attached yourself to me, and, and you cried out, and you were shaking, but its okay-“

“I WHAT? Oooooh, I am SO sorry!!!” She cried, dropping her face into her hands. Then she remembered. “Wait…wait, I remember…I was having a nightmare.” She pulled her face from her hands.

“What? Was it…a memory?” He asked, looking at her. Her gaze was far away, however.

“Y…yes…” she gasped, “yes, there…there was a fire. A house. People were screaming…familiar they seemed…and I seemed to be short. Everything was so tall. And it was…scary.” She rubbed at the sides of her eyes. They were crusty with dried saltwater. “I must have been crying in my sleep as well…”

Amelia paused, and then looked at Demyx. “But then it wasn’t a memory. Then all of a sudden, you….you showed up, and the fire stopped. It wasn’t hot anymore. The foundation was all that was left of the house, and it was smoking. You came though the smoke and…picked me up. Like a child. Or was that…..memory from when I was…” Her face dropped as she came to the conclusion. She stared far-off again, and her lower lip trembled.

“My home. My family. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, and there was a blaze outside of my door. I jumped onto the tree outside of my window…and waited outside for my parents. But they never came out. They…never…” Fresh tears fell down her cheek swiftly. She moaned, and started crying. Her vision was blurred by the tears, and so she only saw a shadow come over her, and then she felt strong arms around her.

“Demyx…” she cried, shaking in his hold. “Demyx, my parents, they…I was orphaned. I can barely remember them. They were…always smiling. They wouldn’t want me to cry. But…I can’t help it….it’s coming so fast…I…”

“Shh….just…cry. It’s okay. Really, just cry, you don’t have to hold it back, you deserve to cry.” He said awkwardly, rubbing her back soothingly. She stopped talking, and put her arms around him, crying into his shoulder.

Again, he recognized this situation. Like last night, she was helpless in his arms. Why did she have to suffer like this? And what was it like…to have memories of the past. To feel sadness. To cry. It was all so alien, so strange to him.

After a few minutes, Amelia pulled herself slowly away, sniffing, and wiping her eyes. He let his arms fall to his sides as she pulled away, his face still full of awe and surprise, but also caring.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry I cried all over you.” She said, her voice hoarse.

Demyx shook his head, his face serious. “No, don’t worry about it.”

She looked up at him as he stood up. “Why don’t I go and bring you something to eat?” He said, suddenly cheerful now. Her stomach groaned in agreement. He chuckled. “Be right back, then.” He said, and then walked out the door.

When Demyx came into the kitchen, he found that it was not empty. A man with long black and silver hair tied back, pointed ears, an eye-patch, and a scar reaching up to his one good, yellow eye was leaning against a counter. He was sipping coffee from a black mug in his hand, in similar pair of long boxer shorts that were black with a large silver symbol on one side. When he saw Demyx walk in, he almost choked on his drink.

“Heheheeeey there little princess, have a hard time sleeping last night?” The man asked, laughing.

Demyx suddenly blushed, and almost jumped. “W-what??”

“I heard you last night. You scream like a girl.” He laughed.

Demyx sighed. Xigbar wasn’t suspicious. “Y-yeah…I….uh, had a really bad dream.” He answered, and avoided eye contact as he rummaged through the cupboard. He found some bars of oatmeal, and grabbed a large handful of them, closed the cupboard, and started to leave the kitchen.

“Hey, where’r ya goin’?” Xigbar asked, suddenly right in front of Demyx, upside down, his ponytail dangling down, and a grin on his face.

“I’m gonna eat in my room this morning!” Demyx explained after he had jumped slightly in surprised. Demyx reached out and pulled down on Xigbar’s ponytail.

“OWW! DEMYX!” He yelped in protest. Demyx let go, and then slid past him, and out the door, half running.

“Jeeze, what’s got him so grumpy?” Xigbar grumbled, watching his friend run off.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:15 pm
Chapter V

When Demyx returned, he found Amelia standing, looking out of the large window on the opposite wall. It was open, and the soft waves crashing on the shore was the only sound in the room. She didn’t turn when he came in. He closed the door, and walked over to her, while dropping the small breakfast on the bed.

“Whenever I’m upset or…or I just want to think, I like to go out to the shore and play my Sitar. It’s relaxing…just…the music and the waves.”

She continued to stare at the ocean, thinking about the pleasant situation he had described.

“That’s…..also when I found you. I was sitting, playing with the tide pools, when you just…fell from the sky.”

That seemed to bring her back into reality.

“I think I’ll be okay.” She said, her voice quiet. “It was a long time ago, even if it seems new to me, for now. There isn’t anything I can do but…..try to never lose that memory or any other memories I have of them.”

Demyx nodded. “That’s right, you’ve got to move forward, no matter what.”

She nodded with him, and there was a silent moment of understanding. Then Amelia turned to Demyx and looked at him as if really seeing him for the first time. After a moment, she sat down on the bed and picked up a bar and unwrapped it. As his blush faded, Demyx sat down next to her.

“Do you want some?” She asked, finishing the one in her hand and grabbing another.

“No, you take ‘em all. I bet you’re really hungry.”

“I am, thank you.” She said, and then there was another silent moment as she ate that one. Then finally:

“Demyx…you know as much about me as I know, but I don’t know much about you.”
She said, continuing to eat the small breakfast.

“I….I’m not sure if that’s really such a good idea…” He said, his usual care-free tone gone, and he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

“Why not? It’s only fair. Besides, I think I can handle it.” She said, prodding him on.

“Well…I…” He started.

“Go on.” She urged.

“Well, like I’ve told you, I’m a Nobody. They say we don’t have hearts, but I don’t think that’s true…And we live here, in this castle, in The World That Never Was. There’s Axel, Roxas, Xigbar, Saïx, Zexion, Marluxia, Luxor, Larxene, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Xaldin, that makes up Organixation XIII, as well as our superior, Xemnas. He has this plan, a plan to create a place where nobodies can exist, and have hearts, at the price of taking other’s hearts.”

“That’s….horrible.” She stared at him, her face upset. “Don’t tell me you actually take other’s hearts for that sake…”

Demyx looked slightly shocked, and looked away. His face turned red. “ I….It’s not exactly…It’s not like I have a choice! I didn’t become a Nobody because I wanted to! I ended up having a strong heart, and became a Nobody lord, with a body, and my old memories. And Xemnas is my superior, I couldn’t suppress him if I tried. I have to follow him, or end up just…not existing anymore. This is all I have left…and I still remember what I used to have…I don’t want to leave this…..’World That Never Was’.”

“But how can you do this! How can you stand to barely live, if it’s at the cost of so many lives!”

“I…But I have friends! People I care about! I don’t see a huge difference in this life and the one I had! I want to live! Or…whatever this is!!” He explained in a way as if he were begging. He wasn’t looking at her now, too ashamed with himself to face her and her penetrating blue eyes.

Amelia stared at the side of his face, and then suddenly she wrapped her arms around him. He blinked, surprised by what she was doing. Wasn’t she mad at him? Didn’t she think he was a horrible person? But she truly seemed to want to hold him close, and he welcomed it. He put his arms around her as well.

“I’m sorry, I….shouldn’t have said that. I’m not sure, if I was in your situation, that I would have courage to stand up to someone stronger, if it meant my life.” She clutched at his back. He could feel hot tears against his bare chest.

“D-don’t cry for me!” He said suddenly, and peeled her away to look at her. “I’m a horrible person, I don’t deserve your tears!”

She looked at him, her eyes clear as sapphires, begging, and pitying. “I’m just…I’m sorry…..sorry that you have to face this.”

“That’s my line!” He said, making his voice a bit less serious, trying to cheer her up. “Don’t you worry about my life, you have your own to worry about, ok?” He said, pulling her back to him once more and giving her a tight squeeze.

“Besides,” He continued, “I had a great life…and at least now, I…” He caught himself before he said it, however. Considering losing two of his friends, Axel and Roxas, Axel who had gone after Roxas, but still having Xigbar left, and all of a sudden Amelia. She had just shown up, and made him feel strong feelings…it felt so wonderful. It had changed his life as a Nobody to feel his heart again, for he knew that’s what it was.

He would have told her that now at least he had her, but he wasn’t sure how she would react. It may be too soon for her to feel the same way. But having someone, a true, full, human beside him was like having a warm blanket of emotion to wrap around him. Warm and loving.

“….you….?” Amelia asked, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

“I…I have…friends. Friends here who I can be around and not be so lonely.” He told her, and then congratulated himself silently on his good cover.

“…ah.” She said slowly, sniffing away her tears, and awkwardly pulling away. For a moment he wondered if she felt the same feelings he did for her, deep inside? “…Demyx?” She asked, looking up at him. He turned to face her.

“What…what was your life like? Before you were a Nobody.”

“Before I was a Nobody? Hmm, well…” He thought back, and sifted through his old memories. “My name was Myde. I remember living in a big town that was on the beach. A train came through the city…a lot of people would come to the beach. I loved going out there and swimming. Especially in the sun. Heh, I’d always be tan, because I spent so much time by the water. I guess that’s something I still enjoy.” He smiled, as he pictured a sunny beach, and swelling blue waves in the summer.

“I also played a lot of music. I played the Sitar and sang, and my friends and I tried to start a band one summer.” He laughed. “We came up with a couple of good songs. I remember playing at a summer talent show, once, during a festival they were holding on the boardwalk. It was really cool. We didn’t win, hah, bet we got second place. It was fun just playing for all those people, though.” Demyx laughed again. Amelia could tell that right now he wasn’t just telling her his memories, but reminiscing as if he was alone.

“I had a couple of close friends…but…they moved away one winter. There was this tsunami, and their parents thought that it wouldn’t be safe to live somewhere that close to the open ocean where it could happen again.” He said, his face growing more serious.

“But I convinced my parents to stay. They knew how much I loved it there. They were very kind, and I came from a loving family….I miss them.” He paused, and then went on.

“One day the clouds got really dark, and it became really cold. I was heading home, when there was some screaming on the next street. I ran to go see what was going on, and there were maybe ten or so heartless crawling up the block. It all happened so fast, I can’t really remember what happened next, but, I remember there was this young girl. She was running, and then tripped, knocking over a fruit stand. There was blood…and then I ran between a heartless and her, and then…then it was black. I guess that’s when Myde became a heartless, and Demyx was born…Amelia?” Demyx had finished telling his story, but then suddenly Amelia was pale, her nails digging into his arms, and a look of shock and daze in her eyes. Her mouth agape slightly, and she let out a painful whimper. She was holding her breath.

“Amelia! Hey, come on, snap out of it!” Demyx called, shaking her by the waist. Finally she gasped for breath, closed her eyes, and fell limp against him.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:16 pm
Chapter VI

When Amelia finally came-to, before she opened her eyes, she heard the soft strumming of a simple and beautiful melody. She stirred, and turned on her side on the bed. Demyx was crouching next to her by the bed when she opened her eyes, and the music had stopped.

She shot up, and gasped. At this sudden burst, Demyx jumped back in surprise, and lost his balance.

“DEMYX! MYDE!! I…REMEMBER YOU!!” She called out in such shock she ever surprised herself.

“Shh…someone might hear you!” He said, getting back up, and then came back over to her. She noticed he was fully dressed now, and his hair was styled up, in a sort of mini-mullet with strands of gold draping his neck and forehead. “Wh….what do you mean…..remember…?”

“I mean….I mean just that! Oh my gosh, I remember everything! I remember living in Sunset Beach, and that one summer with the festival! And that day…when the blond-haired boy….Myde….when he saved me. I see it now, you look like him. You’re eyes…they’re the same! But…but Myde, he sacrificed himself for me….and all I could do was run from the attack, I couldn’t save him. He told me to run.” She told him, and suddenly felt a wave of guilt. She exhaled, and dropped her head.

“You were…..I…..and then…..” Demyx muttered, and his eyes grew wide. “…Amelia…”

She looked up when he said her name.

“Amelia, if it wasn’t for that…think of where you would be right now.” He spoke softly, his face full of fear. “I wouldn’t exist. Me. Demyx. And you would have come here, and no one would be on that beach to save you.”

She was silent. It was all still so unfathomable. Then she whispered. “Then it would seem…all these things were connected. It’s fate…”

He turned to her, and she looked at him, and their eyes met. There was an instant moment of understanding between them. And then the door knocked.

Demyx looked at the door, and then back at Amelia frantically. She looked at him once more, and then without instruction, got out of the bed, and slid under it. Her heart started to pound madly.

“Demyx….! Hey dude, I’m sorry if I offended you or anything this morning. Can I come in? Hey….Demyx?” A playful yet rough voice called impatiently, as he knocked on the door again.

“Oh, Xigbar, it’s you. Heh, yeah, come in.” Demyx said, walking to the door. But before he reached it, it was already swung open, and the man with the long black and silver hair and eye patch walked in. He was dressed as well, in the same black coat and outfit as Demyx wore.

“What’s up, Demyx? You seem all jumpy and stuff. Maybe you should get out of your room. You nervous about your assignment tomorrow, or what?” Xigbar chuckled as he strode across the room, and sat on Demyx’s bed.

Frantically Demyx answered back, trying to answer well enough so that he didn’t notice Amelia was under the bed, and her clothes still hung at the footboard.

“Y-yeah! Oh man, I’m so not ready! Why me, huh? Why do I have to go? Superior KNOWS I don’t like to fight! I just know I’ll mess up somehow…”

Xigbar laughed. “Don’t worry about it, I hear he’s a pushover. You have some awesome moves, you just need the confidence. Haha, Demyx, you’re such a girl!” He roared with laughter, and Demyx couldn’t help but laugh with him.

“So how about you and me do something today, huh? We could go and cause some commotion around here. It’s getting too stiff, heh.” Xigbar suggested with a grin, his yellow cat-like eyes flashing with excitement.

“Oh…um…..yeah….yeah sure, okay Xigbar. Just uh…give me a few minutes, okay? I’ll meet you down at the library.” Demyx agreed, getting up with Xigbar.

“All right~! Yeah, today’s gonna be great! Haha!!” He laughed, getting up and walking out of the room, waving goodbye over his shoulder.

Demyx closed the door as Amelia crawled out from under her hiding place.

“Great, now you’re going to leave me here by myself all day? Suddenly I feel like an abandoned kitten.” Amelia grumbled and then chuckled lightly as Demyx turned to look at her after closing the door, with a face full of shock, guilt, apology, and pity.

“Amelia! No, I didn’t mean to, I just-!” He started to explain quickly, but was cut off by her laughter again.

“In all fairness, I think he was here first. Go ahead and spend today with your friend…Xigbar, was it? I’ll stay out of trouble, promise.” She added with a small smile.

“But…but what if I fail tomorrow! Then…then this will be the only time I’ll have to spend with you!” He objected, his voice honestly showing that he thought it would happen.

“You won’t fail. I believe in you, ok? So go on and hang out with Xigbar. We can… how about we sit on the beach or something, huh? That would be nice.” Amelia urged reassuringly.

“…The beach? ...Yeah, all right, we can do that.” He said, and he suddenly got a dazed look on his face as if her were trying to envision it.

“Great.” She smiled. “Then bring me to the beach now, and I’ll meet you there tonight. Bring me something to eat, too.”

“Ok!” Demyx smiled cheerfully. She could tell without even reading him that he was excited about the plan.

“Just um…let me change into my clothes first…” She said, and immediately Demyx’s face turned red, and he stood up straight.

“OH! YEAH! OF COURSE!” He blurted out, and turned and walked to the door in stiff movements, almost tripping on his way out.

Demyx waited outside as Amelia threw off the large T-shirt and shorts, and pulled back on her tight-fitting tank top and jeans. After that, she walked over to the door and opened it a crack. As soon as she did, Demyx pushed open and came inside. Amelia pushed the door closed against her back.

“All right. Ready?” Demyx said as he waved his hand slightly, and a portal of curling darkness appeared in the middle of the room. He walked towards it, and held out his hand for hers.

Nobodies. Heartless. I guess it would all be tied to the darkness…what a scary fate. She thought sadly, as she hesitantly took his hand.

Closing his fist around hers, Demyx pulled her through what felt like a cold mist. But on the other side, as they walked forward, they suddenly stood on the warm beach in the sunny afternoon. He let go of her hand, and looked at her, seeming a bit hesitant to leave.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” He asked, worried.

“Yeah yeah, I’ll be fine.” She smiled.

They stood awkwardly, at the moment of a temporary parting. Demyx, feeling the most awkward of the two.

“Uhh…..urr, well, uh….bye then.” He said, and took a step back.

“Bye, have fun.” Amelia replied.

He didn’t leave though. Not yet. No, he wanted to…but he was a coward. But if he didn’t, then all this time, he would look like an idiot! Now, jump off the cliff and get it over with. Go! He jumped.

Demyx leaned forward, his face half calm, half afraid. A hand was put on her shoulder. He bent his head down and kissed her on the top of her head. Then he pulled back. He quickly turned away after catching the shocked, pink face of Amelia. He disappeared into the darkness. It closed. He was out of sight.

Amelia blinked, and took a deep breath. She had been holding it. As she stumbled, turned around, and sat in the sand facing the waves, a small smile played on her blushed face.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:17 pm
Chapter VII

When Demyx returned to the beach, the sun was sitting half on the horizon. It cast the sea afire and touched Amelia’s face, brightening her soft complexion. At least it would have if she wasn’t sitting in his shadow.

She looked up when the portal opened up right between her and the sea, just in time to see Demyx appear, take a step forward, and destroy the peripheral wall of her sand castle. His foot sunk into the churning sand, and he instantly lost him balance.

The two let out a surprised yell at the same time, as he came crashing down in a burst of sand.

“OOOF!! N-nice….entrance….” Amelia weezed, as Demyx struggled to find his footing to stand up. “And you just completely ruined my castle.”

“I’M SORRY!” He cried, and rolled off of her.

Amelia started to laugh, and then he joined her. After a while, they died down. The two were sitting side-by-side, facing the sunset. The mood changed into a much calmer and serious one.

“I…uh…” Demyx started, but paused.

Amelia looked at him. “Go on.”

He put his hand inside the pocket of his coat, and pulled out something small, and kept it hidden in the palm of his hand. “I….made you something.”

Demyx opened his head, and showed it to her. In his hand was a tear-shaped pearl necklace, attached to a cord with a clasp. Amelia’s jaw dropped slightly, and she leaned closer to inspect it. “You…MADE this?”

“W-well, the pearl…yeah, I just used my powers…but not the cord part, no, I found that…” He explained, getting flustered by his excitement. “I just kinda wanted to make it up to you. And, if tomorrow, I fail, then at least you’ll have something to remember me by…”

“Demyx!” Amelia shot him a hard look that made him stop immediately and shut his mouth. “Demyx, stop saying that. You WILL fail if you keep saying and thinking that you will!”

He sighed and looked down. “Yeah. I guess you’re right.” Demyx said, and taking the necklace in his hand, unclasped it, and put it around her neck. “But…wear it anyway, for me, okay?” He asked timidly, looking into her eyes before moving his arms, once he had finished.

“O-okay…” Amelia said dazed, looking back at him, and once again they were trapped in a quiet moment. He could hear her heart quickly running, even over the sound of the waves. For a bittersweet moment, he wished he could have a heart to beat in unison with hers.

“Myde…would have no regret in saving you that day. And I’m truly thankful.” He whispered, their faces close.

“I’m glad I could…I could know what had happened to him. And that I could get to know you…and Myde…my savior. I feel less guilty for what happened. At least for now…It would seem…loose ends have been tied. Nothing is left now except for what happens next.”

“Then, I’ll make sure tomorrow that I’ll have a future, ok?” He smiled. “And…I’ll come back for you. I don’t want to think about what would happen to you if they found you here.”

Amelia blushed softly pink. The mood was getting too intense for comfort, and their faces were so close…

Demyx seemed to realize this as she stayed silent to his comment, and immediately pulled back away from her, and glanced off in the opposite direction, and scratched behind his neck with a nervous chuckle.

“Hehe, sorry!” he said aloud, and she laughed too, and the tension eased.

The sun had set, and the twilight was dimming, vanishing like a candle that had been snuffed-out. As she watched the sky, Amelia started to smile. When Demyx turned to look at her, he cocked an eyebrow, and asked confused:

“What are you smiling about?”

“The path ahead. It’s so exciting, isn’t it? Danger around every corner. But I can’t wait to face it all.” She grinned.

“…I don’t know about that. Thinking about it just scares me a bit. I’m afraid that I won’t make it.”

She shook her head. “You really need to stop worrying about things like that. You’ll be fine.”

“I hope so…” He sighed, and paused, looking up at the moon. “…look. It’s almost a new moon. In a few days, it will be a dark night, and the water tides will get really low.”

She looked up, following his gaze. “Cool. I guess you would know, you spend a lot of time here by the tides, don’t you?”
Demyx laughed, almost as if he was embarrassed. “Yeah…it’s just…I feel safe by the water.”

“Why don’t we…go to bed now. You should revive your energy, you’ve been running around all day.”

“I guess you’re right.” He sighed, standing up gloomily, and wiping the sand off his cloak. Giving her a hand, Demyx helped up Amelia, and then reached out his arm, and a swirling vortex appeared. Without a word, he pulled her gently through.

Amelia could tell he was thinking about tomorrow. It was on his mind for the rest of the night as they dressed down, for he didn’t speak. When they were both dressed, Demyx sat on his bed, and flung himself down with a tired ‘thunk’ and heaved a heavy sigh. Amelia, however, took an extra pillow, and grabbed the extra blanket at the foot of the bed.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Demyx asked, opening his eyes and turning his head to face her sitting on the floor.

“I was bothering you last night, and I don’t want to do that again. So I’ll just sleep on the floor tonight.” She explained innocently. But that made him sit up straight.

“Oh no you don’t, if anyone sleeps on the floor, it will be me.” He growled. He jumped out of bed, grabbed the pillow and blanket from her roughly, walked around her, and pushed his foot against her back slightly, towards the bed. “Move it, now!”

“Ahhh!” She yelped as she skid a few inches. “All right all right, I get it! I’ll go!”

Amelia crawled hesitantly into his bed as Demyx laid out the pillow and blanket. When they had both settled in, they faced each other, eyes open.

“Don’t be scared.”

“I won’t.”

Amelia pulled the sheets closer to herself.

“Will you wake me before you leave?”

“Yes.”

“Ok….goodnight then.”

Demyx looked up, and into her eyes for a moment.

“Goodnight.”

Then he closed his eyes, and so did Amelia, soon after.

-----

That morning, before the sun was up, Demyx dressed in the dark. He looked over at Amelia’s sleeping form on his bed, and sighed. She was so peaceful. He didn’t want to wake her. He promised himself, though, that he would make it back, so that she won’t worry about not saying goodbye.

He took the blanket and pillow on the floor, and carried it over to her. He put the pillow by her head, and laid the blanket over her, and looked at her once last time before he left. She breathed so softly, the pearl he had given her lay unmoving on her chest that gently heaved up and down. She didn’t have any nightmares tonight. That’s good.

“I’m glad you can sleep peacefully now.” He gave her half a grin. “See you later.” And without a second thought, he bent down, and kissed the top of her forehead.

Standing straight up again, Demyx pulled the black hood over his head, hiding his eyes in the shadow of the night. His boots seemed too loud as they clunked across the room to the door. Without looking back, he opened the door, and then silently closed it after him.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:18 pm
Chapter VIII

Amelia opened her eyes to the bright sun streaming through the window, and she yawned, reaching her hands up, out from under the covers, and stretched. For a split second she wondered why it was light out. Shouldn’t she have been up awhile ago? She turned over onto her side.

“…Demyx…?” She groaned, blinking groggily. No answer. “Hey…Demyx….aren’t you…”

She saw the empty floor, then her eyes shot to the blanket she was wrapped in, the same one he had slept on.

“DEMYX, YOU-!!” Amelia cried, sitting up in bed, and tossing the blankets aside. He didn’t wake her, that lying little creep! Why did he just leave? Inconsiderate jerk!

Amelia sat, steaming for a minute, her mind on fire and buzzing madly. Then her stomach growled…and she couldn’t remember the last thing she had eaten. She moved her legs over the side of the bed, and stood up. What could she do? He had just left her here alone. How was she to get something to eat? She couldn’t just PRETEND to be him and just…..wait.

She walked over to the closet, and opened it. It was mostly empty except for a few jackets and T-shirts. Amelia grabbed one of the shirts and a blue hooded sweatshirt. Putting them on the bed, she threw off her shirt and shorts, and pulled on the shirt. Then picking up a pair of jeans, she pulled them up, and tightened the belt as much as it could. Taking the sweatshirt, she pulled it over her head, and threw up the hood to cover her face.

It was her only option, she surmised. If this didn’t work, she’d get caught. But she had rather get caught than starve until he got back, besides, if anything happened to her, it would be his fault, she thought spitefully. When he got back, he would pay for sure.

With a deep breath, Amelia turned the knob on the white door. She peeked down each direction down the hall. Luckily, there was no one there. Quickly, she closed the door behind her, and turned left.

Quickly running down the hall, she came to a staircase that twisted around and came to another hall that looked exactly alike. She ran down that hall, and passed a few open doors that showed a library, a dark staircase with torches, and then she slowed as she heard talking close by.

Creeping to the next open door, she stopped before going past it and listened. Peeking inside she saw there were two men, one she knew already to be Xigbar, and another with pointed ears and short blond hair and beard. The blond one was speaking with an accent, and in a casual tone. She knew they hadn’t heard her.

“But I’m just saying, why don’t we just all go at once, and get him back that way. Don’t you think it would be easier, and not to mention faster?”

Xigbar laughed. “Luxord, you know, that’s what I’ve been thinkin’ this whole time. But I dunno why Superior hasn’t ordered us to that. Maybe there is a reason.”

“Pah! Albeit probably some trivial reason. I don’t understand him sometimes…”

“Hahah! You and me both, but it’s not like we can do anything about it. He IS the Superior after all. I’m just worried for Demyx, ya’know?”

“Yeh, kid seems too soft for battle. Who knows why he was picked first to go after him.”

“You’d think so, but have you ever seen him upset? I swear, that kid could probably kick my a** if he really wanted to!” Xigbar started to laugh.

“You?!” Luxord laughed with him.

“Yeah, hard to believe, but he’s got some really great skills. He just needs the attitude.”

“Yeah, he really does seem like a weakling, the way he acts.” Luxord laughed, and it made Amelia smirk. At least that made her feel a little better, knowing from what they said that he would be able to stand his ground. She decided to move on.

She crept by the doorway swiftly and quietly, and finally reached what she guessed was the kitchen at the end of this hall. The lights were already on, and it was surprisingly clean, for being what she knew to be the kitchen of at least four men. There was a simple table with seating for six, a large fridge, cupboards and counter space with cooking devices and machines, as well as a basket of fruit.

Amelia went to the closest cupboard and opened it, finding it filled with many clean plates and bowls. She searched around quickly, until she finally came across food. She took what she could. There were some pastries in a box, crackers, cookies, chips, and other snack-foods. She took a few of the pastries, found some of the oatmeal bars Demyx had retrieved for her yesterday, and grabbed a peach.

Stuffing the food into the pocket of the hoodie, Amelia dashed out of the kitchen, past the lounge where Luxord and Xigbar were chatting, past the library and dark stair case, and to the end of the hall that had the stairs leading up.

She flew up the stairs, keeping her footsteps as light as possible, and almost cried out as she came to the hall, and saw another man coming out of a room. Amelia took a few steps back so he wouldn’t see her, and watched him.

He, too, had pointed ears, and black hair that was fashioned into a dreadlock style that was long and simple, and seemed as if there was a large spider sitting upon his head. Black, neat sideburns crawled down his face, and then cut up across his cheek at a sharp point. Even though he was quite a ways down the hall, his bright blue eyes sparkled like sapphires as he turned his back to her, walked down the hall, and into another room.

Amelia quickly took the chance to run down the hall lightly, and nearly dove back into the safety of Demyx’s room. Once there, she heaved a sigh, and sat upon the unmade bed and spread her spoils out in front of her. Her heart was racing madly. If the man in the hall hadn’t been going the opposite way, or if he had walked out as she passed in the hall, she would have had no where to run, and been caught.

She hoped that she wouldn’t have to do that again for a while. She wished Demyx would return soon, and then she wouldn’t have to chance her safety every time she got hungry.

Amelia spent most of the morning into the late afternoon eating her food slowly, savoring every bite, drinking two bottles of water, and analyzing his room more closely.

The walls were white, but the floor was a gray-blue carpet. On the wall behind the bed over the headboard there was a poster. A band called ‘Sempre’ with a very ornate and delicate twisting vine-like boarder, and in the center, an all-male band in all black dress clothes stood casually in the middle of a fountain, drenched.

There were many papers pinned to another wall, the wall that the bed was up against. All of them with music bars, and notes scribbled in, and then out, and then in again. One stood out most of all to her, and seemed to be new. There were only a few notes in different places, but there were lyrics already scrawled under the bars.

“For you I’d sing a lullaby,
And if words had power
I’d lift your sorrows
On these noted wings”

“How poetic…” Amelia said softly to herself. “I wonder what it sounds like.”

She then looked up at the stereo which was on a shelf that hung over the bed. She looked through the CDs on the bedside table, wondering if she could get away with listening to them, if she turned it down low. But she decided against it, it would be risking too much.

Sitting back down on the bed, she traced the dark blue lines on the light blue sheets that were under the pale white blue blanket and pillow. Where had he gotten all these things? This placed seemed homey…like an apartment building. It wasn’t just where he lived, this was his room. His room, and only his, where he was free to do anything with it, no matter what. She felt honored being apart of a room so lovely and filled with personality. Remembering the room she had…it really wasn’t much of a home. She wished she could have a room like this, to be surrounded by things special to her.

As she sat there on his bed, thinking, the sun slowly found it’s way into the room. It was slightly past noon, and through the window she could now see it hanging bright in the sky, and glaring in her eyes.

Annoyed, Amelia sat up, and walked across the room and out of the sun’s rays. She walked over the teal rug on the floor, and wandered to the closet. She opened it, and curiously went through the clothes on the hangers. He didn’t seem to wear much except for his black cloak, pants, and boots. Neither were the others. But yet, he had a few regular shirts and jeans and jackets. He even had other shoes. Amelia slipped her bare foot inside, but then found out it was way too large even to consider wearing.

She let out a sigh, and sat down on the floor. She sniffed the air, and chuckled slightly. It smelled like him. It was a nice smell too. A fresh and warm smell, with a twist of saltwater. She scooted in closer, and sat inside of the nice dark closet away from the afternoon sun, and closed the door. She set her back up against the door, and closed her eyes. She thought about…trying to picture what Demyx was doing at that moment. She wondered how far away he was right now. She started to doze off in the dark, quiet, sweet-smelling closet.

She must have taken a nap, for a door slam woke her up, and she heard two voices.

“Just hold on dude, we’re almost….there!” Xigbar heaved a heavy sigh.

“Unnng….ahh…….” She heard Demyx groan, and suddenly her heart was racing. “Thanks….Xigbar…..ug…..just let me rest for a bit, I’ll be fine, no worries.” He managed a chuckle.

“….just….don’t move, ok? I’ve gotten you all bandaged up, so just don’t do anything until the wounds have healed.” Xigbar sounded like an older brother, his voice full of concern.

“You’ve…got it…nurse!” Demyx chuckled again, and she could hear the smile in his weak laugh.

Xigbar gave a soft grunt. “If you need anything, call me. Don’t go getting up for something that I could bring you, it may keep your wounds from closing.” She heard footsteps.

“Thanks…..Xigbar….ahn…”

The door must have closed softly, or she didn’t heart it over the sound of her beating heart. But then he heard him call her name, and she knew Xigbar was gone.

“….A…Amelia….?”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm
Chapter IX

At once Amelia threw back the door of the closet, and stumbled out.

“You idiot!!!” She screamed in a whisper, running over to the bed, and dropping down beside him. “What the hell happened to you? And why didn’t you wake me! Why did you just leave, worry me, and come back like THIS!! How DARE you!!!” She cried, pounding the mattress, not wanting to hurt him.

Demyx closed his eyes, and sat up, frowning. He hung his head, and then looked down at the bed. “I’m….sorry……I’m sorry, I know I’m an idiot. I’m sorry I worried you. When I was fighting, I….I still doubted myself. I guess I just folded under the pressure. I told them they had picked the wrong guy for the job…”

Amelia took his hand quickly, and pressed it to her cheek. Slow tears dripped onto his fingers. She closed her eyes, and whimpered. “Just shut up. Just shut up, you stupid boy! To….to wake up to your sounds of pain, and have to stay inside the closet until he left, not being able to rush to you right away, that was……the longest thirty seconds of my life. I don’t want you going out and following orders anymore. Just stay here, away from the danger.”

He looked at her sad face, and then moved his hand to touch her other cheek. As soon as he did this, she wrapped her arms around his waist and dug her face into his side. He grunted slightly, but then as she cried into him, he hesitantly wrapped his arms around her.

She cried for a minute or so before she calmed down, and Demyx pulled away and put a hand under her chin.

“Amelia….look at me….please?” He asked weakly.

She opened her eyes, red and salty, but the blue still sparkled brightly with pain.

“…I…I can’t stop. Not yet. Not if it means letting Roxas my…my friend disappear, and if it means that Kingdom Hearts won’t be completed. If it doesn’t, then I’ll never have a heart.”

“But….but you do….” She whimpered, her eyes pleading. He couldn’t take it. He closed his eyes.

“Y-yes….I….want to believe that…” He whispered sadly.

She looked away then to, and paused. Then moving her hands hesitantly around and across his chest softly, she whispered:

“…Am I hurting you? How…how bad is it?”

He took her hands, and removed them from his chest. Then he pulled the zipper of his cloak down to his waist, and shrugged off the shoulders. He had multiple bandages, bright red. His skin was bruised and scratched where it wasn’t covered by bandages. Amelia winced, and drew back slightly with shock.

“I’m sorry….” She pulled her hands away from him “…you should have told me you were hurt this bad!”

Demyx gave her a pouting face, “Aww, don’t do that…don’t pull away just because you think it hurts me.”

“But I don’t want to hurt you. Just deal with it.” She grumbled, and looked away.

“Amelia…!” He whined, and then sighed, giving up. When she looked up, she then realized the papers of music on the wall behind him.

“Demyx…that piece of music…” She started.

“Huh? W-what…w-which one?” He looked up, eyes wide, and turned to the wall.

“The one that starts ’For I’d sing you a lullaby’.” She repeated. “Did you really write those pretty words?”

Demyx’s face turned pink, and he didn’t answer for a moment. When he did his words were quiet and embarrassed.

“…y-yeah…I….I wrote that…well…I mean, it’s not really done, but…i-it came to me and I just wrote it down and…yeah…” He muttered.

Amelia blushed slightly, and she got a little excited. “Would you sing it for me?” She asked, sitting up again, and pulling closer to him again.

“I….uh….um…I…suppose…ahem..” He cleared his throat, and looked away from her. He stared at the notes and letters on the paper, and sang the melody, entwining the words the song, like gold embroidery into a fine coat. It was short, but when he had finished, his perfect note still hung in the quiet air, and she held her breath, speechless, not wanting to interrupt the ringing of the ending.

“Heh, sorry, like I said, it’s not really finished yet…it isn’t that great.” Demyx said after the pause.

“N…no, Demyx….” Amelia shook her head. “That was….so beautiful…and you wrote that…for me?” She looked up, her eyes watery. As he looked back into hers, she blushed and looked away. She felt silly, and couldn’t look straight into his eyes.

“Demyx…..I….” She started, but there were suddenly heavy footsteps outside the door, and Amelia jumped, and turned. A voice came from the other side of the door, a voice she hadn’t heard before.

“Number IX?”

Demyx gave her a panicked look, and she understood right away, and slid under the bed immediately.

She looked from under the bed, and saw a tall man with dark skin, yellow eyes, and white hair with a stone-like expression entered the room. Behind him standing in the doorway was another stern man with pointed ears, yellow eyes and blue hair.

“Ahh….S-superior.” Demyx answered in a shaky voice.

“Don’t push yourself, Number IX, you’ll be of no use to me that way. I would have had you report to me, but considering your condition, I decided I would…pay a visit. I just want to let you know how disappointed I am in your failure to retrieve Roxas. Next time, you won’t let me down.” The Superior said in a very menacing tone.

“Yes….yes sir.” Demyx answered.

“Xemnas, we should get back to working on the…” The one with the blue hair interrupted.

“Indeed, Saïx, let us depart.” Xemnas the superior answered to the one called Saïx, and Amelia listened as they both left the room.

She rolled out from under the bed, and Demyx sighed, and lay down on his bed. Amelia wasn’t really sure what to say. She had forgotten exactly what she was saying earlier, and it didn’t feel right to say something like that right now…

Amelia lay her arms on the edge of the bed, and looked at Demyx thoughtfully. He turned to her, blinked, and then sat up.

“Oh here, sorry, why don’t I sit on the floor, and then you can-“ He started.

“Down.” Amelia barked.

Demyx blinked again. “Bu-..”

She glared, and tugged on his arm. That made him loose his balance, and he fell back onto the bed.

“Okay, sorry…”

“Don’t apologize, you idiot. Stop acting like this. Right now, you’re the one that needs to be treated special. So just relax, ok? Don’t make me worry more by straining yourself.” Amelia sighed, and lay her head on her arms.

“All right….I’m sorry.” Demyx replied, and then paused. “Would you mind if…if I fell asleep? I just feel….really tired…”

Amelia looked up shocked. “Of course I wouldn’t mind! You’ve been through a lot. You can tell be about it later, just….just get your strength up.”

Demyx gave her a thankful smile. And much to her surprise, he reached out his hand, stroked the side of her face tenderly, then took his hand away, moved his head, and closed his eyes.

She sat there and blink for a moment, utterly shocked by how he had done it without hesitation. Her face was growing hot, and as she settled down again, she smiled at him.

“….I think….I really like you….Demyx….” She whispered, but he was already fast asleep.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:25 pm
Chapter X

That night Demyx slept soundly as Amelia was wide awake, sitting with her back up against the bed side. Her mind busy for a reason she didn’t quite know herself. She couldn’t figure out why she wasn’t tired. Could she really have taken that long of a nap that she couldn’t close her eyes?

She sighed, and stood up, and looked down at Demyx before she started to walk towards the door.

“Now, don’t go anywhere while I’m gone.” She whispered sarcastically as he gave a little mumble in his sleep that sounded as if a little boy was sleeping instead. But when she looked back, sure enough was the young man, very grown indeed, his hair tussled in his face.

Amelia blushed, and let out a quiet chuckle as she pulled the hood of his sweatshirt over her head.

She was good at memorizing layouts, and had no problem finding her way down to the kitchen floor once more. She hadn’t eaten in a while, and she figured it would be safe enough for her to grab a quick bite. Thank goodness, she thought, if I had shoes on, I’d be a lot noisier.

As she crept down the stairs she started thinking. Why didn’t she have shoes? She must not have been wearing any when she was taken to this world. And why was she in the ocean? Why-

All of a sudden a flash of memory crossed over her eyes, and she almost tripped down the steps. The sudden burst mad her stop on the spot and grab her head. She bit her bottom lip hard, trying not to let out a sound.

Amelia saw herself sitting on a beach towl, her shoes off and toes in the sand, looking at the familiar ocean of Sunset Beach. She was thinking to herself, about the boy, Myde, who had saved her a little less than a year ago. He was really cute, and she remembered when he and his band had played at the summer festival. So talented too! Why did such a thing have to happen to him? She sighed. This was his favorite spot, she remembered a few times she had spotted him just sitting here, with his sitar.

As she quietly gazed into the distance in thought, dark clouds started to come from almost out of nowhere at all. It was a chilly breeze that brought her to her senses. Amelia shivered, and looked up at the sky, wondering where the clouds had come from. When all of a sudden, there was screaming behind her. For some reason, the first thing that popped into her head was that day she was saved by Myde…

Jumping up, she turned and faced, to her horror, a swarm of heartless that had suddenly appeared on the boardwalk. People were running everywhere, and before she knew it, a team of heartless were coming after her. She was pinned between a wall of black monsters, and the tide gently lapping at her feet.

Maybe they can’t swim, was her thought as she turned, and fled into the waves, now growing more and more violent with the spontaneous storm. She was treading water as hard as she could, trying to keep her head above the waves when she finally decided to turn around and see if she had been followed.

Her heart sank as she saw the creatures from into a new shape, like melting into a puddle of shadow. Amelia cried out as she saw the shadows floating on the water like a lazy wooden boat, heading straight for her. Her heart was throbbing.

Water started to pool in her mouth. She coughed, at tried to swim backwards, but the waves kept pushing her towards her doom, and dunking her head under the water. Amelia knew it was over now, she could feel her own death creeping up on her. The darkness swallowing her. But then she saw something that made her wonder if she was just seeing things. The water seemed to have taken upon the form of a man, and was standing on the water as if a solid surface was beneath him.

The water form must have been fighting off the shadows because his back was turned to her. But she couldn’t fight the waves anymore. With a heavy sigh, she stopped her furiously kicking legs, and limply let herself fall into the cold, dark depths. The last thing she saw were bubbles, as if something had jumped in the water, and the form of the man floated towards her, arms outstretched, his transparent eyes shining and bright.

When Amelia opened her eyes, she realized she had somehow fallen down the stairs and was sore and lying on her side. She must not have been there long, for suddenly she heard a voice from the kitchen ahead.

“Hello?” Xigbar’s voice called quiet and calm, probably having a midnight snack.

Amelia gasped, and jumping to her feet, she swiftly dashed into the quickest exit, the staircase that’s walls were adorned with medieval-like torches. She didn’t stop to consider the uselessness of the primitive lighting as she ran down the twisting steps.

At the end of this staircase, she finally came to a normal-looking door. There was a sign taped to the door, and in the firelight she read:

“Basement: No Aboveground-members aloud!!”

She looked quizzically at the sign before deciding she wouldn’t take the chance of opening the door to see that there may be someone inside. Instead, she turned to her left, and at the end of a short hall, there was another, heavier looking door with the front of it inscribed with golden letters:
“To Outside”

“Well, isn’t that accommodating?” Amelia asked, in feign surprise.

She took the door, opened it, and was suddenly outside the castle. The night breeze was chilly this night, and the wind tossed around her hair. She pulled up her hood more, and drew the sweatshirt around her tighter.

There was a path to the beach, that was clearly in use for it was easy to see. Even in the slim moonlight between the clouds of the overcast night, it was clear, and she decided to take it.

“Why am I even here…” Amelia asked herself softly as she walked for the beach. She sighed. Her restlessness was drawing her to the place she always seemed to be thinking about. The place he loved to be. The place she would think about him. She wasn’t sure what it was all about, but she wanted to be there.

Her feet were starting to get cold from the hard and bare ground. As she came to the sandy shores and started to step onto the beach, when she heard a voice on the wind. She stopped dead. She looked around, and found a decent sized rock to hide behind. The voice was coming from the beach a little further down.

She peeked from behind the rock, and it was hard to tell just who it was, standing on the beach, in a black robe, but as he continued to talk, he raised his hands, his voice became faster, and the clouds started to part.

In the center of the open sky was a nearly new moon. Only a sliver remained. In the small light that reflected off of the moon’s surface, it illuminated the man standing there. It was the blue-haired man, Saïx, who she had seen earlier that day behind the Superior.

As she watched, she listened hard for the words he was chanting into the wind.

“-lend me your power, what is left, give me all you have, for the time is befalling us soon, and I am in need of your aid-“

The moonlight seemed to flash then, only faintly, and it seemed as if Saïx was glowing slightly. Then Amelia realized, as he put his hands down, that he had finished what he was out here to do. She couldn’t move, and if he got close enough to her hiding place, she bet he would be able to see her.

Without a second thought, she got up, and started sprinting as fast as she could up the path and back to the door.

As Saïx put his hands down and started to stroll along the shore line, he noticed a frantic presence nearby. It was a new presence, one he had never felt before. He looked back, just in time to see a figure -a young girl in an oversized sweatshirt and jeans- run up the path that led to the castle. Wait, he had felt this before, only it was too faint. That evening, when he had stepped foot into Number IX’s bedroom.

Was this what he was so frantic about? He had noticed a slight change in his behavior. Why was it that he was sheltering this human girl? Did he have feelings for such a worthless being, one with a heart that he could take if he wanted to? He could kill her right now. Be rid of the nuisance. But then, what would Number IX do? He would probably be very upset, and unwilling to cooperate, if she did mean so much to him that he would go through all the trouble.

No, he wouldn’t kill her. Not yet. It would be best to send him, once more, to see if he could retrieve Roxas. If not, then he would dispose of him. But while he is away, that would be the best time to kill her. She would be defenseless. And if he died while trying to retrieve Roxas, than there would be no problems.

A good plan, Saïx mused.

By the time she reached the inside of the castle, she was panting. Amelia waited until she caught her breath to once again creep through the halls. As she made her way back to Demyx’s room, the halls were quiet, and she didn’t bump into anyone. She opened the door, and he hadn’t moved from his spot. He still lay there, relaxed, on his bed, sleeping away innocently.

Amelia gave a sigh of relief, and walked over to the bed. There was enough room. She slinked herself next to him on the soft bed, and faced his side. As she listened to his soft breathing, her heart stopped pounding, and she forgot about the dangerous situation that had occurred. Everything was right in the world, now that she was safe inside his room, and by his side. She was in her own little sanctuary.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:25 pm
Chapter XI

Amelia started to wake, and as she came into consciousness, music started to float into her mind and she slowly became aware of her surroundings once more. She opened her eyes, and saw Demyx sitting on the rug, his back up against the bed. His hair close to her face, and he acted so oblivious to her awakening that it was almost nostalgic, just to watch him continue playing his sitar as if she wasn’t there.

Not wanting to scare him, she made a small yawning noise, and stretched her arms a bit to make the blankets move. Even this, however, seemed to startle him slightly. His unfinished chord carried off into the silent room as he quickly turned to her.

“Good morning!” He said with a cheerful smile, but was met with a cold gaze.

“What do you think you’re doing out of bed?” Amelia mumbled in a groggy morning voice. Demyx’s smile quickly melted into an expression of surprise and nervousness.

“Oh! Well, uh…um you see…I’m feeling a lot better after resting, and I just wanted to give you more room, ya know?” He finished with a nervous laugh.

She sighed and sat up. Sleepily, she climbed out of bed, crawled off and sat next to Demyx. Then yawning, she put her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

“Are you hungry…?” He asked, and when she opened her eyes he held out a muffin for her.

She stared at the muffin critically, and then growled. “You didn’t go down and get this yourself, did you?” His answer was a nervous laugh.

Amelia snatched the muffin from him, and then pushed at the side of his head gently, as if hitting him. He laughed.

“Sorry…but…I am better you know. I heal faster than a normal human…you don’t have to worry. So don’t be mad, okay?”

But Amelia wasn’t listening to his excuses, she was eating her muffin hungrily as she thought about what had happened last night. She wondered what Saïx was doing. Could it be that he had some sort of tie with the moon, like Demyx had with water? Without thinking she asked him.

“Hey, Demyx…that Saïx guy, does he have any connection with the moon?”

Demyx blinked and looked puzzled. “Yeah, he is the Luna Diviner, his power comes from the moon, like mine does from water…hey, wait. How did you know that?” He suddenly realized, and shot a quizzical glance at her.

She had been so tired she forgot that it would have been best to just not tell him about last night. Amelia sighed.

“Well…I went out last night, when you were asleep…” She started.

“You WHAT?” Demyx replied, his voice and expression shocked.

“I couldn’t get to sleep! It was late, and I figured that no one would be up and about at that hour, so I went to the beach…”

“You left the room and went to the BEACH!??” His voice raised and he turned his body so that he faced her head-on. She put her finger over her lips, and he dropped his voice. “Did he see you?!”

“I’m pretty sure he didn’t, otherwise he would have caught me, don’t you think? And I didn’t run into anyone on my way, well, I almost did…”

Demyx put his hand to his forehead and let out a heavy sigh. “Am I going to have to chain you to the bed to keep you from-“ He suddenly stopped his sentence and pulled back from her, his face red. “I didn’t mean it like that! No!! That was just the first object I could think of here, and....!! Arg, no!” He hid his face in his fists when he saw her shocked pink face staring blankly at him.

After a moment that seemed to last forever, he heard her snickering and then looked up, his face still hot. That seemed to put his tension at ease, and soon they were laughing it off.

“But really,” Demyx finally said after they had finished laughing, “Would you please not risk this situation anymore like that? What if something HAD happened? If someone DID find you? It would mess up this whole charade.”

“All right. I’m sorry. I just felt like I needed to get out is all. It’s hard staying cooped up in this room all day, you know?” Amelia said, hanging her head and sighing quietly.

Demyx shook his head. “No, don’t say that. I know it’s my fault that I’ve put you in this cage. Every time I walk out of here, I feel horrible because I know you can’t.”

Amelia looked up and gave him a small smile. “But this won’t be for much longer, right? Because we’ll break out of here soon, won’t we?

“Uh…” Demyx grimaced and shifted his gaze fro m her eyes.

“Won’t we!?!”

“But what about Kingdom Hearts? What about Roxas? And what would happen to us if I turned against the Superior? There is just…too much going on right now. I don’t know if it will be that easy to just let it go and find away to escape from it all. It’s just not something I can do…”
“Demyx…do you think that just because you don’t have a heart, it means that the only thing you are useful for is playing some pawn in a plan that will destroy lives for your own sake?!” Amelia started, starting as if she were building up to an explosion.

“But Amelia…I don’t…”

“No. Don’t listen to the Superior. Listen to me, a normal human looking from the outside on this situation. What he is trying to do is wrong. Sacrificing hearts, LIVES, for the few of you who don’t have hearts. To create this world from the souls of innocent victims! How can you follow him? Don’t you have doubts to what you are doing?” She was almost pleading.

“….Amelia…” Demyx’s head was hung, and his face in shadow. He spoke in a low, sad voice, almost a whisper. “Please don’t think that just because I know its wrong means that there is another path to choose. If I go against the Superior’s wishes, then I’ll be disposed of. And then what will become of you? To be honest, before you came, I wasn’t truly aware of what this was doing to innocent people. But now that I realize this, I still can’t do anything. I don’t want to expose myself. I don’t want to leave you behind.”

“But what about the lives of the innocent? People like me, who are chased after by heart-snatching monsters, only to be saved by someone sacrificing his own life for me? People like me…and victims like Myde…”

Demyx blinked, and he understood what she was getting at. It was unforgivable. And he was just another victim like her. As he watched her hide her face in her hands, he couldn’t help but feel it was for him she was crying for, and that made him feel guilty.

He took her in his arms, and let her softly cry against his chest. He stroked her back comfortingly, trying to soothe her as much as he could. He took his hand, and gently placed it against her warm neck. He bent his head down, and she bent hers up. He placed his cheek against hers and nudged gently. She became silent now, aware of her warm breath touching his neck, and her small tears brushing up against his cheek.

Their faces were so close now, Amelia’s heart was pounding madly. Demyx pulled back his face a few inches. Their foreheads were touching, and he gave her a strange gaze that seemed calm yet anxious before he closed his eyes. She closed her eyes then, too, and waited for him to…

Footsteps were coming down the hall, but then stopped just as they were loud enough to be right next to the door. Someone knocked.

Amelia’s and Demyx’s eyes shot open and they gave each other a started glance before Amelia dove under the bed and Demyx stood up, and walked for the door.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:26 pm
Chapter XII

“Hey, dude, you up yet?” Xigbar called from the other side of the door as Demyx stood and walked towards the door. But before his hand fell upon the knob, the door swung open, missing Demyx’s face by mere inches.

“Oh! Sorry, didn’t think you’d be up and about.” Xigbar said as he put a hand on Demyx’s shoulder that nearly made him topple over.

“Eheh, yeah, I’m fine now, I just needed time for the wounds to heal was all.” Demyx reassured his friend, giving him a smile. Xigbar smiled back after a pause, and then with his free hand, messed up Demyx’s hair playfully while laughing.

“You always DID like to jump right back into the game. Well, that’s great to hear. But I’ve got some bad news, buddy.” He said as he dropped his hands to look at Demyx seriously. “I’ve come with a message from Xemnas. He says that after the meeting today, he wants to see you personally.”

This made Demyx almost just with surprise, but he held it in, and blinked. “Personally? Do you think….did….did I do something wrong??” Demyx asked aloud, looking at Xigbar nervously.

“Nah, to me, that just sounds like he wants you to go on another mission.”

“Again?!”

Amelia’s ears perked, and her face started to feel hot with anger.

“Yeah, I mean, isn’t that what he did last time before you left?”

“But you REALLY think he wants me to go fight Sora and his group AGAIN? Right after I got back??” Demyx asked incredulously.

Xigbar shrugged. “I’m not saying that’s what he told me. That’s just what I think. Anyway, if that IS the case, you’d better take it easy until the meeting. Why don’t we go grab some lunch? I’ll make sumthin’ for you.”

“O…o-okay…” Demyx said, shooting a sorry glance at the bottom of his bed before leaving the room with Xigbar.

As soon as they left, Amelia let out an angry huff and crawled out from under the bed. She sat down on the floor, leaning her back up against the bed, and waited. Half an hour passed until he finally came back. When he entered the room and saw her glaring angrily, he jumped in surprise, closed the door, and gulped.

“A-Amelia, don’t be mad…” He pleaded.

“You’re not actually going to go, are you?!” She growled.
“Well, if he tells me to, then-“

“But you just said you understood! Why are you going to go along with it?!”

“I promise…I promise after this, I won’t listen to the superior anymore. We’ll….we’ll escape somehow. And then everything will be all right!” He pleaded, dropping his head.

“Demyx, I won’t allow you to go!!!”

His voice then went lower and became cold and serious. “That isn’t your decision to make, Amelia.”

She blinked. It didn’t sound like the Demyx she knew to be demanding like that. “Demyx…” She whispered.

He looked up at her, and walked over to her slowly. “Look, I have my reasons. And you can’t change all that I’ve been through. For the friends that I’ve made here, I have to give them one final try. All that they have fought for, I won’t let it be in vain. I don’t want them to be disappointed, or sorry when I suddenly walk out. I’ll fight Sora once more. I’ll bring Roxas back. I’ll come back to you and we’ll leave The World That Never Was together. Then I’ll no longer be apart of the building of Kingdom Hearts. Everything will be fine. I promise.”

Amelia looked down, and let her hair fall into her face with a sigh. “But…what if something happens to you this time? What if it’s more serious? If you were seriously hurt, if he…” She bit her bottom lip and shook her head. She didn’t want to think about it.

“Just have faith in me, ‘kay? I’ll come back for you, no matter what, no worries!” Demyx smiled and winked, back to his usual bubbly self.

Amelia sighed again, but then looked up at him as he stood, leaning over her. “All right, all right. I trust you.” He smiled and chuckled at her response. “…But when you go, leave me on the beach.”

Demyx wondered why she asked it of him, but decided there could be many reasons. He nodded and then pulled out a sandwich from behind his back.

“Here.” He said as he handed it to her. “You’re probably still hungry, huh?” Demyx asked while sitting down next to her.

“Yeah, I feel like a neglected puppy.” She said while taking a bite of the sandwich. He laughed.

“I know! I’m so sorry. I’ll promise I’ll make you anything you want to eat for a whole month when we’re finally free.”
“Well, I’d take you up on that offer, but it really depends on how good you are with your cooking skills.”

“Hey, I made that sandwich, didn’t I?!”

“Anyone can make a sandwich.” She laughed.

Demyx frowned, which made her laugh harder. Then they were laughing together, and soon Amelia had finished her sandwich, and Demyx had turned on his stereo.

“This is Sempre.” Demyx said as he came to sit next to her again. Amelia remembered the name from the poster over his bed. “They have always been my favorite band. I remember them still…from when I used to be Myde. I listen to a lot of music, though. I can’t live without it.” He explained as he started tapping out the beat of the song on his knees.

“It’s….really catchy.” Amelia replied, already humming the song. “I like this.”

Demyx smiled. “I thought you would. The style…I dunno. But it reminds me of you somehow.”

Amelia blushed.

They sat there for a while, listening to the music together, Amelia wanting to take in this time they had together. For all she knew, this could be the only time she had left with him. But she desperately tried not to think of that. Still, she couldn’t help it when it would creep up from the back of her mind to haunt her.

“You listen and write your own music, you sing, you play the sitar, you must dance too, huh?” Amelia asked casually.

“Heh, not to brag or anything, but I think I’m a pretty awesome dancer.” Demyx laughed and flashed a devilish smile.

“Really?” She said in a challenging tone as she blinked. “Why don’t you prove it?” She asked as the fast-pace song they had been listening to came to a close.

Demyx hesitated, chuckled to himself for some reason, and then stood up. It was silent before the next track played.

“All right, but you’re gonna have to get up with me.” He said, and smiled as the next track interrupted the silence. It was a slow and steady song on acoustic guitar.

Amelia blinked and then blushed, then stared accusingly at him. “How many times have you listened to this CD? You knew the next one was slow, didn’t you?”

He laughed, and held out a hand for her. “Yeah. I did. But you’re the one who asked me to show you. It’s your own fault. So get up here so I can prove it to you.”

“You little cheater.” Amelia grumbled as she took his hand.

Demyx pulled her up into his arms, and put a hand on her upper back while taking one of her hands in his. She put her other hand on his shoulder, and then looked up at him as he smiled down at her. That made her blush, and she quickly looked down at her feet.

“I can’t dance. At all. I’ll just mess things up for you.” Amelia sighed as he stepped with her back and forth.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m leading. Nothing can go wrong.” He chirped with a grin.

And then he swiftly guided her hand and gave it a suggestive twist, and she spun in the right direction, and he caught her hand just as she came around so smoothly that it was as if nothing had happened.

“W-wow…” Was all she could say before he guided her around the room, making sure he stepped in the right place as he led her by his arms gently pushing and pulling. Then with a small tug as he leaned forward, he dropped her slowly and gently into a small tip. She looked up, blushing, as he smoothly grinned at her. Then pulling her back up, he gave her another twirl.

The song ended and he tipped her one last time. Then when Demyx pulled Amelia back up, he dropped her hand slowly, then put his arms around her, and pulled her against him. She stood, shocked, not moving until he said something. It was a long moment that seemed like eternity before he spoke up.

“I….I have to go to that meeting now. I’ll be back for you when it’s over. I’ll take you to the beach, and then….then you can wait for me there. I’ll make it back as fast as I can.”

Amelia sighed, and pulled away after a moment. “All right. Go, then. I’ll be waiting.” She said, nodding to him, and putting on a weak smile.

He nodded back, and then turned, leaving once again through the door where she could not safely follow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:27 pm
Chapter XIII

An hour must have passed by, she decided, as the CD had done a complete cycle since Demyx had left the room for his meeting. She could have changed the CD if she had wanted to, but something about listening to his favorite band made the music twice as special. Besides, she liked this band now, as well, and Amelia enjoyed listening to all the songs.

Lying on his bed, she stared at the ceiling and every so often arched her neck back to look out the window at the sky. Once again, another day passed her in this comfortable yet cramped prison of a room. Why did days seem to pass so quickly? Amelia sat up, and then headed over to the window. With a shove, she opened the window as much as it would allow and leaned out over the side, breathing in the crisp air.

The breeze from the beach was cool and salty, just the kind of air she remembered from back home. Nostalgic, how a strange place like this could remind her of home. This place, she thought, is even starting to feel like home.

Still, as much as Amelia loved being here, without Demyx to cheer her up, it was cold and dark. Maybe it was because…not that this castle was home, but…being with him was? Amelia blushed. That must be it, because as she thought about it, the more the idea of Demyx and her far away from this castle seemed to be idealistic. She was glad, knowing that they wouldn’t be here for much longer.

The white sun was once again setting on the grey water, and it was this scene that she watched that, for some reason, made her head rush in a sense of vertigo. Watching the sun, sinking, drowning in the horizon…

The door opened with a creak behind her, and Amelia shook her head of the whirling vertigo to turn around and see Demyx walk in with a tired look on his face.

“…Well?” She asked as he came in with a sigh.

“Just as Xigbar guessed. For some reason, I have to be the one on the move again. Why me? I can’t fight. Why can’t someone else go? I just got BACK from the Underworld, I don’t see why I have to face Sora again.” He let out a big sigh, and plopped onto the bed. “We’ll…I’m ready if you’re ready.”

Amelia walked over to the end of the bed, and picked up her dry clothes in her arms. “Maybe I should give you your clothes back, and change back into my own.”

“Good idea. Oh, and I know where I could find you some shoes…” Demyx suddenly said as he stood up. “I’ll go get them while you change.” He said, and left the room.

Amelia put his clothes in the hamper, and slipped on her royal blue tank top under her pearl pendant, and pulled on her black jeans. When Demyx returned, he brought with him a pair of boots that looked exactly like the ones he and all the other Organization XIII members seemed to wear.

“Try these, they should fit you better than mine would on you.” He said, and handed her the boots. They were a little big, but it didn’t bother her.

Amelia took a deep breath. She wondered if this would be the last time she saw this room. She looked around at all of his things: His papers, his CDs, his bed, his rug, his window, his door…

“You ready?” Demyx asked, bringing her back to reality.

“Huh? Oh, yeah, let’s go.” Amelia replied slowly.

A swirling portal of shadow appeared in the middle of the room, and as Demyx reached out his hand for hers, she gave the room one last glance before she took it, and went with him through the vortex.

They arrived at the scene she had seen through the window, on the beach where the sun was already gone and was now fading into twilight. It gave her the chills, and Amelia started to wonder why she had so many bad feelings.

“Are you…okay? You’re quiet.” Demyx said as he stepped out onto the sand, still holding her hand tight, not realizing or not caring to drop it yet.

“Yeah…I just…I don’t know, I’m worried. I mean, I don’t know whether to trust you or not when you said you were feeling better. If something happened…”

“How many times do I have to tell you to believe me before it gets through to you?” Demyx said with a smile. “Trust me, Amelia. I’m fine.”

She nodded, though not looking up at him, but down at her feet in the sand.

“Amelia…look at me.” He put a hand under her chin, and lifted her face up to look in her eyes. “…I’ll be back soon, okay? This time I won’t be long. No more than a half hour. I promise.”

“I’ll be waiting.” Was her quiet reply.

Demyx stared into her eyes for a few moments, as if testing whether or not she would be okay here, before moving his hand on her chin slightly, stroking the side of her face. Her cheeks grew pink. Her heart started to pound. He closed his eyes and leaned in. There was not time wasted in this silent goodbye. He pressed his soft lips against hers, and kissed her softly. She stood unmoving, a little shocked, but replied soon after with a tender kiss in return. There was something almost sad about it.

He pulled away slightly for a moment, then gave her another peck on the lips before pulling back, and looking at her. Demyx saw Amelia’s shocked and blushing face, and then quickly gave her a reassuring smile.

“Now…don’t you move an inch, all right? I’ll come back for you. I promise. You hear me? Promise!” He said, smiling even wider, and putting on the bubbly mask for her. She knew he was only hiding from the serious emotion of the situation, but she was fine with that. It helped her feel better, pretending the way he did as if everything were as normal as sunrise and sunset.

Demyx kissed the top of her forehead, then dropped her hand, and pulled away. Amelia gave him a smile as he stepped backwards.

“Hurry back!” She called as he created another portal behind him and turned around. He turned back to her in response, however, and gave her a thumbs-up. Then finally, he turned back around, and disappeared into darkness, which soon evaporated into nothing, leaving her alone on the beach.

Amelia sighed, and slowly lowered herself to sit on the sand. She smiled, her face still warm and blushing. She brought her finger to her lips, and tapped it softly. He had kissed her! And his lips were so warm, too. What a dream, on the beach during sunset, just like in the movies. Sighing again, she moved her fingers to her pendant. The pearl he had given her.

“Demyx…come back safely…please…oh please don’t get hurt…” She prayed as she turned the perfect tear-shaped pearl over and over between her fingers.

He should be back before it gets too dark, she guessed as she watched the light lazily dim from the sky. Then her gaze drifted up to the sky, trying to find the moon that would watch over her if it got too dark. But there was nothing there but starts starting to twinkle in the new born night.

“Oh…that’s right, tonight must be the new moon Demyx mentioned…” Amelia said with another sigh. Hurry back, before it’s too dark and cold…

As the sky grew ever darker, the stars started to dim and then disappear. With the light that faintly remained, she could see the outline of dark storm clouds swiftly engulf the sky. Things seemed to just be getting worse and worse. Amelia wrapped her arms around herself, and rubbed them to keep warm. It must have only been about ten minutes, but she was growing impatient. She huddled into a tight ball, and lay her chin down on her knees, waiting, watching, and listening to anything over the rush of the ocean.

“What are you doing out here, young lady? It’s so cold, and a storm is coming in. You should be inside, where it’s safe and warm…” A voice she recognized sang from behind her, and she could hear the smile in his voice.

At once Amelia let out a cry, her heart jumping rapidly as she jumped up and spun around, almost losing her balance as she faced the figure in black with blue hair that whipped around his face in the wind. His yellow eyes glowing, like a cat eying its prey.

The figure gave a stunning smile, sharp teeth glowing white like the moon in the dark of the night.

Scarlett Faythe

Scarlett Faythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:29 pm
Chapter XIV

“S….S…Saïx…” Amelia gasped as her throat began to dry, and her heart beating so fast she thought she would faint. She know it was trouble that he had found her, and she instinctively knew he was a very dangerous man.

“Yes, that is my name. I wonder, how did you find that out? Did…someone tell you? Maybe, another Organization XIII member?” He smoothly went on in a low and inviting voice, his eyes like daggers.

Amelia’s eyes grew wide, and she blinked. “H-how…hid d-did you…you…”

“How did I know? I’m not stupid, girl. I can tell when something is going on. Especially with Number IX. He is a very bad liar, you know. He show way too much emotion, as if he had a real heart…” Saïx sighed, giving a smile as if humoring a young child.

She stared at him coldly, trying to put on her best act and seem strong, though her legs were quivering, and she felt as if she were about to collapse. “B-but he does…he b-believes you all d-do…” she replied in a shaking voice.

The Nobody laughed. “Yes, of course he does. It’s because he is foolish, and won’t accept the fact that we do not have hearts. The reason we act the way we do is because we remember what it was like to have hearts. That is what makes us special from other nobodies. Our Somebody’s hearts were strong, and the feelings seemed to have leaked to us, but it does not change the truth.”

Amelia shook her head incredulously, but she was speechless. As he took a step towards her, she took a step back, almost tripping over the mounds of sand.

“You see,” he continued, “Number IX failed at retrieving Roxas the first time, and it is most likely that he will lose once more, and fade away. But on the off chance he did succeed, I kept you alive so that he would go through with fighting Sora one more time. He must be attached to you, if he hasn’t taking your heart by now, keeping you alive. But now that he is gone, you are alone, and he will die soon enough. It is quite unfortunate that he didn’t succeed, but it really isn’t of any concern anymore. I’ll deal with Sora myself. But as for you, there is no reason for you to live anymore.”

He too a few more steps forward, and she ran backwards a few more steps. Could she really believe what he was saying? And where was Demyx? She started shaking. “No…no….no…” Amelia whimpered, broken by his words. She stumbled backwards as her foot stepped into a tide pool. There was a sharp pain in her ankle, and she let out a cry. Her hands fell back to catch herself, landing on rough rocks, and it stung as it scraped her skin. She cried out. “No! He’ll come! He’ll come back! He won’t listen to you anymore, or your Superior!”

Saïx chuckled. “Xemnas doesn’t need to be concerned with you two anymore. I promised I would take care of this mess. He is far too busy planning Kingdom Hearts, anyway. It’s too bad, this could have been fun if you had any sort of power. But you’re just a normal human, aren’t you? Far too easy. A waste of my talent.” He said, brushing the hair out of his face, and flashing his sharp teeth.

With a wave of his hand and a flash of light, a glowing weapon appeared in Saïx’s hand that vaguely resembled a bulky two-handed sword. Amelia’s head started to whirl again, feeling another sense of vertigo as she faced death in the face. She couldn’t look away from his eyes, as much as she wanted to close hers. They were like two yellow moons, bright and mystical. She let out another cry, her body shaking all over with terror.

But before he took another step towards her, she watched his eyes glance away from her at the same time that thunder shook the sky, and rain started to lightly pat. His eyes became like steel, as she leered at something behind her.

“The Melodious Nocturne…is he still alive? What is this joke?” Saïx hissed through clenched teeth.

Amelia made an attempt to turn around and see what he was staring at. What she saw made her gasp. Water, in the form of humans, were coming up from the surface of the waves. But what really threw her in awe, was that they looked just like Demyx, like clones made from the water. She had seen this before. When she had been backed into the ocean by heartless, it was a water clone of Demyx. Why didn’t he tell her? No, he would have. He must not have known.

All at once, water clones holding water sitars stormed the beach, heading towards Saïx. He brandished his claymore, and swiped those in his path, those unlucky clones breaking apart into a normal form of water. But they just kept storming him, surrounding him.

“Out of my WAY!!!” He howled, his eyes becoming erratic as he dodged attacks from his multiple enemies, and smashing them into liquid.

Just then her eyes were drawn away from the scene by a tug at her shirt, at which she, startled, looked behind her. She was then face to face with Demyx, or rather, it was his face, but it belonged to another water clone. The liquid clear eyes looked at her sadly, and her heart started racing. She realized, then, that the drops on her face weren’t from the rain that was now lightly falling, but by tears.

The water Demyx closed it’s eyes, and leaned forward. Amelia closed her eyes, letting the tears fall down her cheek as this clone put it’s liquid cold lips to hers, and put it’s wet hands on her face, slowly pulling her back, down into the water. When she realized what it was trying to do, her eyes flashed open, and she tried to pull away from it’s loving kiss.

But there was no place behind her to put her hands and force against the pull, and she lost her balance, and fell with it into the water. Closing her eyes, she tried to swim blindly for the surface, but it seemed as if she was being pulled against a strong storm current by her arms. She could feel as it pulled her more and more into the open sea, and she could no longer feel surface, or sand beneath her.

Amelia held her breath, and tried desperately to kick away, but the force of whatever pulled her was too strong. She felt, as she tried to hold onto her last breath of air, that she was going to drown. A great ach crushed her lungs, and with a final moan, she cried for air.

She gasped. Then she took a breath. But…she felt water on her skin, on her face, on her lips. Hesitantly, Amelia opened her eyes. She was breathing underwater. There, she saw, what was pulling her was the clone that had kissed her. When she looked into his eyes, it gave a smile, and nodded to her. It let go of one of her wrists, and turned to start swimming forwards.

It seemed to make sense. It wanted her to follow it. And she was out of danger, and it gave her breath even though they were swimming in the ocean. She kicked her legs, making it easier to swim as he pulled her forward. She had no idea where they were headed. It was pitch black, until all of a sudden there was a flash of light from the surface. Lightning flashed above them, but they were too deep, and too far down for her to hear the thunder over the water rushing past her ears.

Then just as soon as the light came, it faded, and there was darkness again. They swam blindly forward, and with every kick Amelia’s heart grew more and more frightened. Where was it taking her? How deep where they heading? How far from the surface and from the beach were they? Would this breath last forever?

“Demyx….Demyx….” Amelia cried out softly to the water Demyx, but it didn’t turn around to look at her. But soon, she felt his pace begin to slow, and the current became calm. And then, they stopped, and her eyes adjusted, she saw the clone’s glassy eyes look at her sadly, almost pleading, then fade away.

She began to panic. Her last light and guide had deserted her, and she was lost in cold darkness.

“No!!” She cried, but nothing appeared, and the eerie lack of an echo made her heart start racing once more.

Then a flash of lightning from far, far above her lit up the silhouette of a large figure in front of her. She gasped in surprise, and when the light faded, she strained to see what it was, and reached out to touch it.

Her hands caught a handful of leather, and then the hard, sharp feeling of a zipper. Amelia cried out as the pale, motionless, and lifeless face of Demyx dimly glowing from an unknown source was finally in her sight, right in front of her.

Writing: Prose

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff