Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Journals Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Look! This rock is shiney!
  It must be important to our quest.
View Results

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:53 am
Since another thread got me thinking of it, I figured I'd make a thread for it here. Does anyone actually use their Gaia journals? Not just for the occasional extra fifty gold, but as a real blog?

I'm the only one on my friends list when anything over one hundred posts (653 to be exact). I'm pretty sure the journals were never meant to be used as often as I do... After all there are plenty of blog sites like Xanga and the rest that do that rather well. But since it was a rather nice way of making gold in the beginning, I chose Gaia as my blog of choice.

Which means that I would like to see some updates there. Not asking for much... Making the blogs searchable for key words would be great. Maybe even an update to how it looks

Anyway, what do you guys think? Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the journals are in need of a major overhaul...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:27 pm
I haven't really used my journal since 2006 I believe.

I will look into it, although since it was so long ago, maybe things changed for the better. XD

Although to answer your question, no I use myspace more often than anything else.  

Mishikotoko

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:37 pm

I use it for long signature things. Like I made long jounral entries about my absence, in sig tezt told people to go read it.

I think I have an entry full of icons/pets that were going around at one point.

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:56 pm
I have used mine as my 'main' diary/journal/blog for some time, but I tend to write unnecessarily long entries with a really long time in between them. I haven't been able to develop a good habit of regular medium-length entries. I'm thinking of signing up to Twitter and giving microblogging a go. whee  

WindowOpener

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:41 pm
I use my journal to post my art that I draw or that people have given me, like avi art and stuff. I really liked the idea you gave of having a key word search... but most my entries don't have titles and stuff like that >_< Is that even an option? (I wouldn't know... but if it is, it'd work great!)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 am
I never used the journal for Gaia.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:05 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

Ah, well. They probably won't change the journals ever, unless something goes horribly wrong because no one else seems to use them like I do. sweatdrop

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:51 pm
I small update would be enough, wouldn't you think? I mean... for the people that use them it'd be great >_< Nothing like MAJOR is required gonk  

churrlo

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:21 pm
~I can slay my own dragons, I can dream my own dreams.~

I'd be willing to go with that... but I highly doubt it. crying

~My knight in shining armor is me.~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:39 pm
Searchability would be nice, yes. I do use mine on occasion, though livejournal tends to be where the bulk o' me blogging sort of things occur.  

AFK Masturbating

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Maybe we could suggest it or find a petition to support or make our own? I'm sure we could get support for something like this 3nodding Maybe post it in metallic's talk with the mods thread thing =o  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:17 pm
Journals weren't updated all that long ago - it wasn't a major update but it added a few new features, made them a bit more customisable and plugged a few widening holes in security which were becoming an issue.

I think Lanzer has said recently that journals need a refresh (don't quote me on that - I don't know why I 'remember' that!) but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, with the number of other things the developing teams are trying to push.

Lanzer gave a strong impression in today's Ask the Admins thread that Gaia staffers are quite stretched in the various projects they have committed to - the Battle system amongst other things are all taking up more resources than it looks like the team expected, which is one reason why we had an underwhelming Easter weekend (which Lanzer expressed great regret for).

Journals are definitely one aspect of Gaia I'd love to see the site run with, though. 3nodding It's more in line with my own interests than Flash games or an MMO.  

WindowOpener

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:40 pm

How much you want to bet Journals are on thier 'list'?

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:08 am
Oh, I'm sure they're on The List. whee But as we'd expect, adding something to the list is the easy part. Deciding on the order of the items on the list is the trickier part, and none of us know all the complicated factors that all need to be weighed in before priorities are set - which staffers are available to work, what other projects does it conflict with, what resources would be needed, what else could those resources do, who benefits from this..

We all wish we could influence this list more than we do. But the Gaia machine is so huge. What can we do? domokun  

WindowOpener

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:51 am

Get a job there? sweatdrop

~Metalic_Noodles

Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items