Attention New and Hopeful Members! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:00 am
[un-stickying this for tidyness, and because the quality of applicants has been excellent recently biggrin ]

Greetings to all the new users coming in from the guild spotlight! I'm very excited that this guild is getting more attention xd

For Prospective Members

This guild has enjoyed fantastic members and great content so far, and I'd like to continue to have this kind of quality even as we get larger. For this reason I will not be accepting any guild requests that have the following issues:

• Blank request
  • Vague statement that doesn't say much ('I like art!')
  • Mentions only drawing/2d art in request - although the lines are blurred in some places, this is primarily a craft guild. There are many other art guilds for drawing and other arts.
  • Bad grammar or spelling - I'm not a grammar nazi and you don't have to be perfect, but it doesn't take much effort to type out words properly, capitalise where necessary etc... and it makes your posts far easier to read! I'll be immediately rejecting any requesters that can't capitalise their pronoun I's. Seriously people, this isn't difficult.
  • Involve only a compliment about the guild - I'm flattered, but I want to know about you!
  • Just want to make friends - there are other forums for that sweatdrop
  • Don't mention any interest in craft at all
  • Are interested in comupter 3d art - unfortunately this guild is more for hand crafted 3d art, so unless you are relating your digital work back to this it probably isn't the guild for you
  • Just an image - images don't show up properly in the request list and I did ask for a reason rather than an example, so while you're welcome to include pictures of your work in your request make sure you write something along with it.

The kind of requests I'm looking for would maybe include what kind of crafts they're interested in and what they like making, without any glaring grammatical issues. How talented or experienced you are at crafting doesn't matter, as long as you're willing to try!

I'm sorry if you feel that this is harsh, but as this guild is important to me I'd like to keep the standard high for all of our members. Thankyou for understanding!

New Members
You made it through, congratulations! Please make sure to read the Welcome thread which has a lot of important information and rules. Please keep in mind that if you do not follow the rules you may be removed from the guild.

Thankyou!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:40 am
Aw man, I should've read this.
redface

Oh well. Could we try applying again if we wanted to?  

Twilit Hero Link

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:13 pm
Absolutely; I think there's a waiting period between guild requests, but you can apply again after that's up 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:52 am
Please excuse my request, I forgot to go back and proofread before I sent it. I'm posting here to basically prove, I can spell and use (good enough) grammer. but I was raised in the south, so my grammer isn't perfect.  

RPM Osbourne

1,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

E=M

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:36 am
Yeek.
Sorry about that, I sent something without checking this.
I based it on what it said on the front page of the guild. xD

Thankfully I think it hit all the do's and dont's quite well anyway.
Sorry if it has a bunch of typos, also. (Getting used to new laptop).
:C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 pm
RPM Osbourne
Please excuse my request, I forgot to go back and proofread before I sent it. I'm posting here to basically prove, I can spell and use (good enough) grammer. but I was raised in the south, so my grammer isn't perfect.

I'm from Louisiana. Good ole cajun country in Louisiana. We speak the worst english ever. Do not blame your place of residence on your poor grammar. As you can see, while living in a place where the people speak like they're mental, I am able to type correctly.  

DaSneakette

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 pm
I'm kind of purposely not putting a link to this thread on the front page - to be honest I'd prefer to have people who do this kind of thing naturally rather than trying to do it right for the request then forgetting when they get into the guild sweatdrop I've gotten PM's telling me it's silly to reject people for something as petty as grammar, but... well like I said it bugs me, and the quality of posts really reflects on the guild as a whole. On the other side of the coin I've had people tell me they're glad that I'm forcing people to type properly, and that because of it they feel the guild is well organised, intelligent and credible.

So yeah, no offense if you were rejected for grammar or prefer to not use the Shift key. Even if you aren't accepted into the guild you can, of course, still check out the threads and tutorials etc. And everyone is welcome to try again; just remember that I expect a reasonable level of wording in the guild forum, not just in the request form.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:09 am
I just need to get better at not being so vague. I suck with specifics, explanations, and reasoning.  

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Dark Fox Lucien

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:46 am
I'm sorry. I wasn't specific on what i make. Well got to wait to resend my join request now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I missed a buncha "I"s in my request... not all, but at least half of them.
BUT ONLY BECAUSE I WAS EATIIING x3
And I get freaked out with dirty keyboards.
ninja ninja ninja
*scared* D:

eluzabeth

Sugary Bear

29,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

[..Troublesome.Fox..]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:18 pm
RPM Osbourne

I was raised in the South, that has nothing to do with grammar stare Lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:49 pm
>_< opps... sweatdrop I didn't read this before i typed up the request... So, I am able to send another request? I didn't think I could because it would kinda be possesive or something of the sort.

As for the 'I' thing I usually dont capitalize it in typing but I'll try next time X3

Edit: I read someone elses post so I will send another request ^^  

Neon Ponii

Haya Plum

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:50 pm
Nice guild. biggrin
I feel bad for nto posting. I don't have any recent pictures of some crafts I can show, and there isn't a place for just chatting and getting to know eachother between crafts.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:23 am
redface redface redface OMG! lol !! So many rules blaugh gonk um did I do mine fine lol maybe I didn't if i did do it rite please reply! 3nodding  

gakuen-snow-kitty

AstreeDeRonda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:56 am
Oops I didn't read those rule before applying as I thought it was a private guild >.< I answered the questions that where on the main guild page, hope it will be sufficient...  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff