Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply The Lyndrian Academy
Beasts of Lyndria Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:49 pm
Beasts of Lyndria

User Image

Here, you shall learn about some of the creatures that inhabit Lyndria. There are a myriad of magical beasts that dwell in this mysterious realm, and, though my knowledge is limited, I will share with you the information of as many as I can.

In this class, I will reveal to you my knowledge of the creatures of Lyndria. This means that, not only will I give you facts about the creatures, but I will also tell you where they are found on the map, whether they are dangerous or benign, and (if you're lucky) how to kill them, if need be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:52 pm
Instructions

• If you wish to be my student, please fill out this information:

Username:
Name of Character:
Creature type (Enlightened, Human, Shadowed, Legendary):

• And post it in the Characters thread just as you would a normal character.

• Afterward, re-enter the classroom and post your character's introduction.

• After introducing yourself as a student, scroll down to the Quests post. Look for the quests of your ranking (Greenhorn for beginners), and read through the first task. You then will RP your character completing this task and show up to class the next day.
I will examine your spoils from the quest and will tell you whether or not you can pass on to the next.
You shall then, do the same thing with the next quest, and the third quest.

• Upon your completion of the final quest for that level, I will graduate you to the next level, etc.

IMPORTANT: To get through the quests effectively, you must read through the list of creatures near the bottom of this page! (For example, if you were to go through the first Greenhorn quest, you would need to know how to find an Ashwinder egg, which is explained beneath the Ashwinder's description in that post).

Please, let me know if you would like information on a particular creature. I am always open to suggestions.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:53 pm
Quests

In this class, there will be a series of quests that each student must complete to test the knowledge you learn upon attending. If you complete your quests, you will soon rise through the ranks, from the lowest (Greenhorn), up to the highest rank of all: Heraldic.

Lvl. 1
Greenhorn:

1. Retrieve an egg from an Ashwinder. Be sure to bring it to class as proof of your completion of this quest.

2. Coax a frost dragon into freezing the Ashwinder egg for you.

3. Create a Love Potion with the Ashwinder egg that you have retrieved and frozen. If you were successful in creating a strong Love Potion, I shall graduate you to Knucker. (And, if you want, I'll give the potion back to you. -wink, wink-)

Lvl. 2
Knucker:

1. Collect tears from a Phoenix in the Perennial Mountains.

2. Create a Healing Potion with said tears.

3. Test it in battle. (Find a Mountain Troll in the Perennial Mountains and challenge it to a battle, to do this. I hope you made your potion correctly)!

4. Once you've defeated the Troll, bring back one of its fangs, or some other bit of evidence to show that you've truly defeated one. If you were successful in completing all of these quests, I shall graduate you to Ridgeback.

Lvl. 3
Ridgeback:

1. Leave your armor and weapons at the school and search for the Sovereign Sphynx of the Wastes.

2. Solve her riddle, and she will bestow upon you the gift of Chaste: an enchanted mythril helmet that calms the wearer and purifies the mind. (If you answer her riddle incorrectly, she will kill you, so the adventurer who partakes of this quest is advised to bring an ally to help him solve the riddle).

3. Once you have received Chaste from the Sovereign Sphynx, bring it here and I shall graduate you to Leatherwing.

Lvl. 4
Leatherwing:

1. Find and defeat a Manticore and collect its teeth.

2. Melt said teeth into a moldable form and use tools to shape that mold into a blade.

3. Once you've created a sufficient blade to use, bring it to me to examine it. If you were successfully able to form a usable blade, I shall graduate you to Pyromancer.

Lvl. 5
Pyromancer:

1. Travel to the Sapphiric Main and use your new blade to defeat a Siren.

2. Collect several scales from the creature and grind them into a fine powder.

3. Bring the powder to me and I shall inspect it. If it is of good quality, I shall graduate you to Opaleye.

Lvl. 6
Opaleye:

1. Journey to the Northern Continent and meet with the Konijn named Sylvil. She should be standing near the entrance of Nyx.

2. She will lead you to a small mountain range, where you must find a Pyrola asarifolia, which is a small, pink flower.

3. Grind the Pyrola asarifolia into a smooth solution, mix it with the Siren scale powder and bring the resulting Sight Potion to me. If it is void of all imperfections, I shall graduate you to Ironbelly.

Lvl. 7
Ironbelly:

1. Move to the Dendroa and gather up their finest crystals. (CAUTION: You may have to fight a few of 'em off for the crystals.. I kind of didn't warn them of your going there. Oops).

2. Heat the crystals and use a black smith's hammer to create armor.

3. Bring the shield to me and I shall examine it. If it is up to par, I shall graduate you to Amphiptère.

Lvl. 8
Amphiptère:

1. Travel to the Dragonlands and find a Zomok Dragon.

2. Defeat the Zomok and take its skull.

3. Create a shield from its skull.

4. Bring the shield to me and I shall examine it. If it is durable enough, I shall graduate you to Wyvern.

Lvl. 9
Wyvern:

1. Travel to the Southern Continent and find the Lieraxes. (CAUTION: They may or may not exist, and you could very well die searching within the harsh conditions of the Angelicals).

2. Use your sword and shield to defeat their best warrior in battle. (If you search and cannot find them, I shall simply give you another task).

3. Bring its spear and several of its longest feathers to me and I shall examine them to see if they are as they have been described by ancient legends. If they appear to be authentic, I shall graduate you to Heraldic.

• To those who have completed these quests, congratulations! Your rank is now Heraldic, named for what is considered the greatest of all dragon species! •
• As Heraldic, you have graduated from this class, and are ready to face any creature! Good luck to you! •

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:54 pm
Staff

Username: [Faelan]
Name: Fae
Age: Though, she appears to be in her mid twenties, her precise age is uncertain.
Description: User Image Fae is a rather mysterious character, with cat-like eyes and platinum-blonde hair, though it may be seen with flecks of various fall colours. She may usually be spotted adorned with the latest fashions. Long, dark coats and knee-high black, leather boots are necessities for her, as they allow her to remain "hip" without preventing her from retaining appropriate gear. Incidentally, her trendy appearance is only one of her myriad of methods concerning mental and emotional protection from the harsh reality of things...
Personality: Miss Fae is a peculiar Human being, to say the least. Though quite humorous and witty, she is also incredibly awkward and quirky for an adult. However, she tries her best to conceal these unfortunate traits with her wisdom, knowledge, and maturity.
Past (Optional): Young Fae never actually went on any of the adventures, about which she has read and studied. Instead, when Fae was just an adolescent, studying and training as a scholar of many interests, she attended a rather prestigious Academy to work with the most brilliant minds in Lyndria. Unfortunately, after several months, her peers noticed something peculiar about her nature. It was inevitably discovered that she had been hiding a dark truth: she is a werecat. There, I said it.
Creature Type (Legendary, Human, Shadowed, or Enlightened): Human/Legendary
Which Terrain you will be RPing in: Lyndrian Academy

Username: Kroska
Character name: Quork
Species: Gnoll
Appearance: User Image
He's the one biting the Orge.
This gnoll is rather young, small, and thin. He stands only 5 feet tall and weighs a meager 80 lb's. Various hand made bracelets and bands are tied to his mane and limbs. They all have colorful beads tied into them, especially in his mane to give him a tribal look.

Personality: This gnoll is very nervous, shy, unstable and sadly ignorant. He has a tendency to stir away from humanoids and demons. Although he feeds on animals in the black woode, he hates the site of blood and the screeches of pain. His mind is always on the verge of guilt driven madness. The kind and shy part of him is at constant conflict with the savage and bloodthirsty instincts within him. The gnoll also has a hedgehog's dilemma of not wanting to get close to anyone in fear of hurting them.

History: After being thrown from the necromancer's portal at a young age of only 10 months old, he wandered to a distant elven village. A elven girl had picked him up in her arms happily and kept him as the family dog. He didn't look to much different from one at a young age. Soon at the age of 6 he had been able to walk on two legs quite easily. With that soon took hold his natural instinct to feed on the weak. The elven family accepted Quorks humanist characteristics but sadly the loving family would soon look to him with hate. On a rainy night, with the moon in full bloom, Quork grew excited and hungry. Out of a blood-frenzy he ripped the little girl that loved him so much apart and ate her down to the bones. Soon enough the cries of the elven child called up the rest of the family to find Quork eating the last of the girl. In just a moment Quork realized his sadistic deed and leaped through the second story bedroom window and ran as far as he could into the Blackwoode forest. After 4 years of constant guilt and nightmares he now lives by the Black lake in solitude, weary of company that might discover him. The image of the little elf girl that loved him dearly will always be ingrained into his mind.

Type: Shadowed.

Students

Lv. 1 Greenhorns

Username: Demonix13

Name of Character: Cheveyo

Powers: (I figured that since I'll be fighting a lot, I'd better include this) He is a dervish, and as such carries a scythe. He is proficient with scythe fighting, as in he knows how to use his scythe like a whirlwind of destruction to deal with multiple enemies. But his main ability are his rituals. He conjures up spirits to fight for him, and the way he conjurs each one is different. The main one's he conjurs are Ammut, the soul devourer, Carego, the dark dragon, and Huarwor, the hungry one.

Description: Reference pic
He wears a long black hooded cloak, tattered from travel. Under that, he wears a black balaclava, because he came from a cold part of the world. He also carries a horrible secret. When he gained his abilities, the one who gave them to him also cursed him. He must consume the souls of those he destroys. He can do this two ways, by absorbing them through his scythe, or by ripping their head off, pulling away his balaclava (which hides hideous sharp teeth) and eating their soul.

Creature type: Enlightened. It's just hard to tell because of the cloak. xd

Username: Elemental Draconis
Name of Character: Xamia
Description:
User Image
She can be quite a mystery at times, so it is best not to try and ask how she works. She is part dragon and sometimes appears more dragon at times than others. Her scales are blue, and her horns. She can be creative and caring. But she can be like a warlord at times of, well, war. But she tends not to fight for fear of what she can do. She fancies dual swords more than any other weapon type, due to the speed at which she can use them. And she is not too shabby with the bow and arrow.
Creature type (Enlightened, Human, Shadowed, Legendary): Legendary

Username: Will Willis
Name of Character: William or Will for short
Description: Will is 5'5'' white male. Brown hair, blue eyes. When he was young he was learned you to call his spirit guide. His guide is ATSAH(means eagle in Navajo) a eagle.
ATSAH gives Will the power to use the 8 elements(Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Sound, Light, Cosmic energy, and the power of Quintessence) if he is ever in a life or death position and is knocked out. This is the only time people can tell he is part demon. Will uses a long sword made from a diamond that is unbreakable that was his fathers. Because he was the one to get his fathers sword his brother Eile wants to kill him for it. He is vary social and love to flirt, but he never means it. He is vary fast and has decent strength. He has an anger issue and it cause him to get into a lot of trouble. Mostly tho he is smart and careful when it counts. He is a good leader, but wants to do things his way and it causes others not to listen to him. His dream is to kill or stop his evil rival brother and become a full human. He hopes to find the blood stone to do so. When he becomes a human he wants to settle down and protect the lands from evil.
Creature type: Human/demon(fox)
User Image

User-name:Eile of Gabbard
Name of Character:Jordan
Description: 5'5'' blond hair blue eyes Demon fox that can look half fox half human or as a fox demon. He has a huge anger issue. His only want in the world is to see his brothers blood on his hands and teeth. He has the power to control plants. His weapon is a Ross that turns in to a ruby long sword, and the plants that are with in a 10m radius of him. He lacks strength, but is vary fast. When in demon mode he is faster, but has less of a chance to hit and can loss sight of smaller enemies easy. He has a spirit guide called MA-E CHUO(Fox of fire) and can use its powers when he is enraged. His farther before put a spell on him, so that he could never kill a human. He wants to find the blood stone to release the spell and then kill his brother.
Creature type: Demon Fox
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lv. 3 Ridgebacks

Username:[Z_]
Name: Miles
Description: A tall boy, standing at six foot five, He dresses in a dirty brown cloak of sorts, falling loosley over him to his feet giving off the appearance of a few more inches of height. His medium length blonde hair floats gently over peircing blue eyes. On his back, the child carrys a large boomerang, slits along the edges consealing large blades.
Personality: Most of the time he is very cheerful, but when a problem arises concering him (if it has nothing to do with him, it dosn't matter at all) he becomes very angry and vicious. No matter what the mood, most things that leave his mouth are drenched in a sort of twisted sarcasm.
Creature Type: Human

Username:Rachetdude11
Name of Character:Erik
Age confused (Assumed to be 14)
Description:As Erik already have problems with creatures of darkness, the natural beasts of Lyndria compound the difficulty he faces. The hounds of hell have chased him here to the Lyndrian Academy, where he discovers the class simply titled "Beasts of Lyndria". Knowing that to simply survive, he would need to know much more about creatures that naturally inhabit this world.
Creature type: Human. However, he has a few tricks up his sleeve that have never been seen before, therefore he has been called "Legendary".  

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:55 pm
Creatures of Lyndria

1. Ashwinder

Description: User Image
This fiery serpent is the result of a fire left burning for too long. Its lifespan is but one hour and in that time, it lays its eggs.

Where to Find Them: A very common creature, the Ashwinder may be found anywhere in Lyndria.
Threat Level: Benign
Creature Type: Legendary

2. Frost Dragon

Frost dragons are quite vicious, and prefer the icy tundras of the Solemnlands and the Gelid Ness to the volcanic crags of the Dragonlands. This is mainly due to their differing anatomy. (The frost dragon's scales are made of solid ice, and it breathes an icy blast).

Where to Find Them: The Solemnlands, Dragonlands
Threat Level: Hostile
Weakness: Fire

3. Faerie

Faeries are generally portrayed as humanoid in their appearance and have supernatural abilities such as the ability to fly, cast spells and to influence or foresee the future. They are very childish, and quite mischievous. They especially love to cause trouble in the lives of humans. Not all faeries are this way, of course. There are some that prefer the quiet life of tending to the forest's creatures and fauna.
(Although in modern culture they are often depicted as young, sometimes winged, females of small stature, they originally were of a much different image: tall, angelic beings and short, wizened trolls being some of the commonly mentioned fay. Diminutive fairies of one kind or another have been recorded for centuries, but occur alongside the human-sized beings; they can range from the size of human children to the tiny. Even with these small fairies, however, their size may be magically assumed. Wings, however, are very rare in folklore; even very small fairies flew with magic, sometimes flying on ragwort stems).

Where to Find Them: They can be found in a number of climates, though they can normally be found in forests and fields in and around the Black Woode.
Threat Level: Varies

4. Will-o-the-Wisp

Commonly mistaken for swamp gas, Will-o-the-Wisps are small balls of light that frequently blink in and out of sight. They prefer the dark, moist swamps of the Moonless Marsh to other climates, and are impervious to most forms of magic. Though they mainly prefer not to come in contact with humans, Will-o-the-Wisps have been known to lead lost souls to their demise.

Where to Find Them: Moonless Marsh

5. Centaur

In Greek mythology, the centaurs are a race of creatures composed of part human and part horse. The head and torso of a human joined at the (human's) waist to the horse's withers, where the horse's neck would be. Centaurs are known for their wisdom, but especially in the fields of archery and astronomy. They are magnificent fighters, and, like elves, are in tune with the forest and all of its creatures. Also, much like elves, Centaurs are very graceful and proud.

Where to Find Them: The Black Woode
Creature Type: Enlightened

6. Phoenix

Said to live for 500 or 1461 years (depending on the source), the phoenix is a bird with beautiful gold and red plumage. At the end of its life-cycle the phoenix builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix arises. The new phoenix embalms the ashes of the old phoenix in an egg made of myrrh and deposits it in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis ("the city of the sun" in Greek). The bird was also said to regenerate when hurt or wounded by a foe, thus being almost immortal and invincible — a symbol of fire and divinity. Tears from a phoenix can heal wounds.

Although descriptions (and life-span) vary, the phoenix became popular in early Christian art, literature and Christian symbolism, as a symbol of Christ, and further, represented the resurrection, immortality, and the life-after-death of Jesus Christ.

Where to Find Them: The Perennial Mountains, The Enlightened Lands

7. Mountain Troll

Mountain Trolls, unlike their forest-dwelling cousins, are much taller and much more slender in appearance. They possess supernatural strength, but, like most Trolls, are known for their awkwardness and stupidity. Their skin usually resembles gravel or boulders, which makes it much easier for them to blend into their surroundings.

Where to Find Them: Perennial Mountains, Fatal Tors

8. FengHuang

The Fenghuang is said to be made up of the beak of a c**k, the face of a swallow, the forehead of a fowl, the neck of a snake, the breast of a goose, the back of a tortoise, the hindquarters of a stag and the tail of a fish. Its body symbolizes the six celestial bodies. The head is the sky, the eyes are the sun, the back is the moon, the wings are the wind, the feet are the earth, and the tail are the planets. Its feathers contain the five fundamental colors: black, white, red, blue and yellow.

Where to Find Them: The Fatal Tors, The Dragonlands

9. Sphynx

A Sphinx is a zoomorphic mythological figure, depicted as a recumbent lion with a human head. It has its origins in sculpted figures of Old Kingdom Egypt, to which the ancient Greeks applied their own name for a female monster, the "strangler", an archaic figure of Greek mythology. Similar creatures appear throughout South and South-East Asia, and the sphinx enjoyed a major revival in European decorative art from the Renaissance onwards.

Where to Find Them: Arid Wastes

10. Manticore

The manticore is a legendary creature similar to the Egyptian sphinx. It has the body of a red lion, a human head with three rows of sharp teeth, and a trumpet-like voice. Other aspects of the creature vary from story to story. It may be horned or not. The tail is that of either a dragon or a scorpion, and it may shoot poisonous spines to either paralyze or kill its victims.

Where to Find Them: Arid Wastes

11. Siren

In Greek mythology the Sirens (Greek singular: Σειρήν Seirḗn; Greek plural: Σειρῆνες Seirênes) were three dangerous bird-women, portrayed as seductresses, who lived on an island called Sirenum scopuli. In some later, rationalized traditions the literal geography of the "flowery" island of Anthemoessa, or Anthemusa,[1] is fixed: sometimes on Cape Pelorum at others in the Sirenusian islands near Paestum, or in Capreae[2] All locations were surrounded by cliffs and rocks. Seamen who sailed near were decoyed with the Sirens' enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast. Though they lured mariners, the sirens were not sea deities.

Where to Find Them: Sapphiric Main, Sea of Scorn

12. Zomok

The Zomok is an enormous, ebony-coloured, winged Dragon. Its vicious appearance is matched only by its personality. It breathes an amazing flame and is covered in a myriad of horns and impenetrable scales. Good luck defeating it in battle without the use of magic and enchanted weaponry.

Where to Find Them: Dragonlands

{Information courtesy of Wikipedia.org, Images courtesy of Deviantart.com, Photobucket.com, and Google.com.}

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 pm
User Image
"Ugly gray coverings; why I wear such tings?" Quork grumbled as he wrestled around his old wooden shack trying to get on a gray janitorial jumpsuit. It fit the gnoll well but still looked ridiculous being worn by such a monsterious and furry creature. Quorks looked around his shack trying to see if he needed anything else before heading off to do work for the lady. Several pieces of scrap wood and logs made up his living quarters outside the Academy. A crude style of a chair and table barely stood in the corner and a firepit in the middle provided light and warmth. Other then that the floor was that of the earth and the roof was made up of bark. The only door which was at the front end of the small room actually swung open and had wooden hinges. Quork was especially proud of this part of his shack. It wasn't often he thought of something brilliant.

With a clawed hand Quork shoveled sand into the crackling remains of the center fire and left his shack. It would've been a pain if his shack were to set on fire by his own carelessness. The gnoll shook his head in attempt to shake away the thought; he did not like to be reminded how simple he was compared to others. The gnoll rolled his shoulders and bent his knee's higher then normal with every stride in a uncomfortable fit brought on by the feeling of the janitor clothes. It didn't feel right for him to be wearing such restricting clothing; he couldn't bend or move as easily. Quork let out a shallow growl in protest to the jumpsuit as he kept on walking to the academy building.

Instead of using the front door Quork used the side door to the building as he was instructed. The gnoll looked around the hallway that he was now quite familiar with these days and began sniffing. He didn't bother calling out for the lady anymore, he simply sniffed her out. He didn't like raising his voice anyway and this method somehow seemed more natural and calming to him. It gave Quork a slight sense of control over his surroundings when he was able to map out his environment with scents. Now he was fairly close to wear the lady was and called out for her attention as best he could, "Miss F...Miss F....Miss faa...Miss fae?" For some reason the gnoll couldn't really talk right. He had terrible trouble with language if it wasn't related to grunts or growls. As Quork practiced over and over saying Miss Fae in his mind he walked closer to where Miss Fae's scent was. In a few seconds he reached a oak door and stopped; he then reached for the door handle and started to turn, but quickly remembered something. The gnoll smiled at the fact that he remembered and knocked on the door until called in.

kroska
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:23 pm
"Target areas," Fae inquired unsurely as she peered through the nearby window, whilst scanning each of the straw targets within the Grounds. "Check." With that, she elegantly marked the edge of her parchment and moved on to the next item, "Books, quills, parchment. ... Yes, yes, and.. yes." She paused and set the list down with a mournful sigh. "Good Lord, why must I be a teacher--?" Her prayers were interrupted by a hearty rap at the door, "Come on in, then."

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:50 pm
User Image
Quork heard light commotion within the lady's chambers. Suddenly he heard an audible summon. He opened the door and walked in while checking his new janitor jumpsuit to see if he may have accidentally ripped it. Luckily it looked pretty pristine. The gnoll bowed lightly in front of the lady and then tried his best to stand up straight. In truth this was absolutely impossible and he still was hunched over slightly with his knee's bent. It looked as if his legs were permanently in a state fit to leap. As he walked forward to present himself for duties the various beads and trinkets in his hair and on his bracelets jingled.

Quork took a deep breath and tensed up as he prepared himself for human speech again, "What you want me teh do meh f...fae." He had a lot of trouble with s's and f's when trying his best to use human speech. His shoulders still figited from the touch of clothing rested upon them. It was still so unsettling; hopefully he'd get used to it or even better, he'd not have to wear it at all. After Quorks bow and step forward he looked up at fae. She was actually taller then Quork by half a foot because he himself was fairly short at five feet tall. More or less he was looking at her nose, not because of height, but because it was almost instinctive for him not to look people in the eyes. On top of that Fae scared the hell out of Quork; all elves did. Quork at least thought the lady was an elf, that was his guess. They would've skinned him if they had caught him after his sinister act of savagery.

The relationship between Quork and Fae to Quork's upstanding was that she provided him with food and safety while he served her needs. Quork thought himself as a good worker and after almost a month of service he had taken pride in it. He'd fetch water, put back books as best he could, sniff out lost items, ect. Out of fear and more recently out of respect did Quork never questions the lady's commands. There wasn't anything outright intimidating by the lady's appearance it was simply cowardice and shame that gave the lady an air of fear about her that scared Quork.

kroska
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:21 pm
"Ah, Quork. I see you've mastered knocking-before-entering, and even the door itself," Fae praised with her usual smirk. "And what a nice courtsey. I truly appreciate it, as I know how difficult those are for you," she said in response to his polite gesture, noting his wincing expression as he straightened once more. In all truthfulness, she had only just grown accustomed to him, herself. His appearance and natural stature so resembled that of a canine that she made certain to enforce the dress code in the hopes that the majority of his fur being concealed may assist her in acclimatizing to his unique demeanor. He was definitely the cheapest help I could find, so it was certainly worth all of those troublesome nightmares, she thought silently to herself before responding to his humble query, "Well, let's see.. If you could be so kind as to unlock the front gate and clean the dining hall, that would be lovely. Other than that, I think we're open for business!" Her unwavering smirk only widened in quite the eccentric fashion as she added this. Unfortunately, the reason for this was not due to her being excited to be teaching again, but rather what she would do as soon as her room had been vacated... She could not suppress the glance toward the underside of her desk, where she kept her favorite herbs. It was difficult to remain a Humanoid.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm
User Image

Quork took a another bow to the lady, turned and left the room without as much as a peep. Quork still felt uncomfortable being around the lady even after a month of service. The smell of civilization and intelligence on her unsettled him and made him understand that there was a big difference between the lady and himself. Quork had also grained the idea into his head that if he didn't give the lady any reason to fire him he'd be able to stay and be able to avoid punishment or worse.

With that thought on Quorks mind almost constantly he darted off towards the front door of the academy. With the gnoll's padded feet he didn't make a sound even though his muscled legs lurched him forward with every stride. The gnoll was small, but extremely quick and even more agile. Even though the gnoll wanted to do all his chores right didn't exactly mean he had to do them normally.

As Quork made his way down the different halls and toward the front door he saw the open one foot by one foot opened window attached to the door. With a strong leap Qurork launched himself at the window like a horizontal flying spear. With only centimeters between him and the edges of the window Quork flew through flawlessly. He had done this about a hundred times before. The entire academy was Quorks obstacle course and he made sure that the lady never caught him doing anything like that. The gnoll tumbled as he hit the ground and raced towards the front gate. He ran straight up to the gate and didn't stop. Within a foot away he raised his knee up high and gripped the gates lach with his clawed toes. With his other foot he pushed off the ground. Now he was in the start of a backflip. As he flipped his foot undid the lach and the other foot kicked the center of the gate so each side would swing open. When he was almost about to land he twisted his body 180' degrees so he faced the door he came in and shot towards the one foot by one foot window again. Again he came in the same way he came out. Still the race was on.

Quork soon found himself in the dining hall. Two lines of tables spanned across a twenty foot room. The walls, ceiling and floor was made out of treated oak wood planks. A couple book cases were butted against the walls and several banners hung there on the walls for all to see. Quork began doing his favorite chore; dusting the corners of the twenty foot tall ceiling. The gnoll walked up to a corner and began spider climbing his way up using the two corner walls. When he got up he pulled out a feather dusty from his back pocket in which it had been poking out of. Next was the chandelier. Quork now began to stack chairs on top of chairs on top of chairs. Carefully he scrambled up the leaning tower of chairs and rocked back and forth as he dusted the chandelier. His next actions were more normal in moving all the furniture out of the room and washing the floor and walls. In just forty five minutes to an hour he was finished.

In another dart he began to make his way to the lady's courters to say that he was done.

kroska
Vice Captain

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:15 pm
Fae smiled politely as the gnoll bowed his head to her and exited the room. And with a satisfied click, the door had shut. In that instant, Fae sat back in her chair and collected each of her favorite herbs, along with her mortar and pestle, and began her monthly ritual of creating that concoction which allowed her to retain her Humanoid stature. Unfortunately, it was this same concoction which had given her recurring chills and even seizures in the past. Alas, Fae was much too proud and reclusive to admit her dependency to anyone else, and casually explained away each of her symptoms within her mind. "The shakes and chills are a typical side-effect of the, potion, of course. I do wish there was an alternate route, though nothing I've tried has worked as well as this. I suppose it'll have to do until I discover an alternative to the key ingredients," she mused silently to herself as she added the most poisonous, yet vital ingredients to the mixture. Finally, she added water and downed it swiftly. A bitter taste followed by instant euphoria ensued. "There we are; another turn conquered, for the time being," she spoke in a rather exhausted manner, suppressing the all-too familiar overwhelming sensations infused with staggering pangs in her chest. With a heave, she allowed her face to make noisy contact with her desk, "I hate curses."

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:16 pm
User Image

Quork quickly made his way back up to the lady's room. He gently knocked on the door and waited. The gnoll had a pleasant smirk on his face; he had succeeded in his task in a fast and correct manner. Quork let out a yawn and tried to recall what part of the day it was. It must've been near noon at least. The sun was high in the sky when he was outside.

Slowly Quork's mind wandered to the thought of new people at the school. Possibly tens of people wandering about. They may not all give him the same kindness or tolerance that the lady had givin him. Even if a few shared her fews of him the other hundred may not. Suddenly the thought of his life being in danger arose and he wondered how safe he was with the lady. Would she actually keep him from harm or would she let her fellow kind do what they please. It was a serious question that he had to ask her about. It was a deciding factor if he should leave for his own safety or stay for the exact same reason. It could be that he would become a fish in a barrel or a rat in a cage that is save from the snake outside. Although how would he ask the lady as if not to anger her? The poor gnoll couldn't think of any sure way of asking so he simply stood there and sweat nervously.

kroska
Vice Captain

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:09 am
Miles sat outside the gate, his head resting against the wall behind him. He held his large boomerang like weapon with a hand on one end, the other end in the dirt. He let his hand roll back and forth on the weapon, letting it roll about. He heard a click like something unlocking. Looking up to see what the noise was he was hit by a swinging gate. He swore and pushed the attacker away from himself, rubbing his forehead with his free hand. He pushed himself to his feet, sighing, "Great to be back." He pulled the gate open against with his foot, starting inside. He made his way to Fae's office slowly, taking note of all that had changed.He came to a hall and spotted an odd creature knocking on the door. He paused, examining it. "What the hell is that?" He questioned quietly, fingering the rope over his shoulder just in case.  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:29 am
Fae turned toward the door as she heard another amicable, yet timid rap, and swiftly put away her potion equipment before contributing a weak reply, "Come on in, Quork." She then straightened in her seat, slowly and carefully so as not to cause the blood to rush back to her cranium.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:41 am
User Image
A new smell came into the room. One of a humanoid creature. Quork's eyes screwed themselves wide open in fear. He gulped as he heard the man say 'what the hell is that' and his hands started to sweat. Every second ticked by as if it lasted hours. Quork had his back to the man and couldn't see his face or his size. If he took the time to look around he may already be striked down. So he waited the few seconds in paranoid agony until the gentle voice of the lady came wisping through the door. Now, he must act now.

In a burst of speed Quork wrenched the door open and bound through it. The claws on his toes dug into the hard wood as he propelled himself forward through the door way like a panicking animal. He somersaulted himself over the lady and her desk and crouched down behind her seat. Heavy panicking breathes bellowed out from the gnoll's mouth. Thankfully he was now under the protection of the lady, but now she had seen the way he can move. She had seen his animistic movement unbound by thought or manners. Still he breathed hard as he looked just over the lady's desk toward the man he was running from. On his back was a huge boomerang type weapon and that reassured Quork that he had good reason to run. Still in paranoid shock Quork didn't actually say anything he just crouched at the lady's desk right next to her.

The Lyndrian Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff