Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply East
Flint Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:29 pm
Flint

(Starter #4 has arrived! Enjoy, guys)!

Plot:

As any educated Lyndrian knows, each Dragon clan is named after a specific gemstone which corresponds to the coloration of their scales, as well as their behaviour. However, the Dragons themselves see these gems as sacred vessels capable of containing even the greatest of magics within their shining surfaces. Perhaps, it is for this reason that even the most dimwitted of Dragon species are so attracted to these majestic rocks. However, what happens when one of these gems strikes another is an incredibly terrifying spectacle that I would have hoped to go my entire life without witnessing. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have just received word from a friend of mine in the Opaline clan that they are at war with my brethren, the Diamond clan. Apparently, our leader's thirst for dominance has finally pushed him over the edge and forced him North to war with the Opalines. Every Dragon clan knows full and well that the Opalines are in charge, and for good reason: they are the wisest, filled to the brim with every secret of every tribe and clan within Lyndria. I do not wish for my brothers to fall victim to their flame, nor do I wish for us to be triumphant. My only hope is for this battle to come to an end, as every clan betwixt us has been pulled into this deadly current. Every day, I hear them and watch them clashing within these mountains, but with every clan taking part in this war, I must wonder.. Who will return peace and stillness to this land..?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:03 pm
Information

For reference, the Guild Rules can be found here: Rules and Guidelines, as well as a detailed Map of Lyndria, and information on its inhabitants. (It also includes an FAQ, to prevent confusion).

{For more information on Lyndria and its history, visit the Lyndrian Athenaeum.}

Remember: If you are new to the RP or have been away for some time, check the RP Guide!

Thank you all, very much, and enjoy the RP!

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ooshnagam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:32 pm
(I'm actually going to be jumping from another thread to this one, so to avoid confusion on my part, and on the parts of others. Sorry if this is an incovienience.)
Salem was forced to walk after the forest suddenly gave way to barren lands and flatland. He then promptly smacked his hand to his forehead as he reached into his side pocket and took out his gem, recently stolen from a museum. He focused on the capitol of the Dragonlands and was instantly transported. After a good shaking of his balance he appeared on the outside of the great city. He dusted himself off and proceded to the gates.

Before he could get within ten feet of the gate one of the guards shot a firebolt at his feet. 'Wow, he's a lousy shot...' He thought to himself. Almost as if in response the guard said, "Next time I won't miss. State your purpose or you will be killed." Salem was taken aback. 'Some people have no manners. Well, I'll have to handle this one delicately or I'm dead, literally.' Salem quickly cleared his throat and prepared to weave his usual web of lies. "I'm here to deliver a message to your leader. I just hope that I can get to him before the information is worthless."

The guard didn't miss a beat in replying with, "What is the information? If you tell us then we'll tell you if it is important enough for you to deliver." Salem laughed mentally as he thought, 'These guys don't know who they're dealing with.' He looked the guard right in the eye and said, "It's about the assassination attempt that is about to happen." The guards both instantly went pale. After a few moments one of them managed to say, "Go. Quickly."

Salem's face was stoic but his emotion's inside were laughing really hard. 'Honestly these people are so articulate that it never ceaces to amaze me...' And with that thought, he ran into the city. As soon as the gates shut behind him he thought, 'Now to foil a fake assassination...' Running into the city he found a place to hide and waited for the right person to walk by.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:07 pm
Hirona was walking down the street, in her usual fashion, knocking everyone out of her way without caring about any of them. She was so mad. There hadn't been a bandit raid in months. How was she supposed to get her revenge if none ever came? In her anger she made a sword and sliced the top off of a barrel. She heard a small gasp, and looked behind it. There was a small child hiding back there. What is this brat doing here? Whatever. She turned away from the child and saw a newcomer enter the villiage. He seemed to be thinking about something, and she could have sworn she saw the glint of a ruby in his pocket. oh. payday already? the man went and hid in an alley, and not wanting to lose her treasure, she followed.  

Scarlette Nishidaki

Ooshnagam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 pm
Salem rifled through his bag looking for something to use. He eventually came across his most deadly weapon, his disguise kit. He quickly put on the guise of a corrupt merchant. 'This should do.' he thought to himself as he shuffled out of the alley.

He suddenly spotted a shadey peasant walking by. Salem instantly took the opportunity. "Hello good sir, may I interest you in some wares that I have?" The man looked at Salem, then looked around, and finally after thoroughly scanning the crowd he looked back at Salem and said, "Yes... I think that I could use your wares. What have you got?" Salem just grinned and said, "Come step into my office please..." he said, gesturing the alleyway.

As soon as the shadows enveloped them Salem knocked the poor man over the head. 'That should keep him asleep for a while.' Salem could have just put the man to sleep with a spell but he didn't like doing spells. They made him nauseous. He then promptly disrobed and put his peasant boy outfit on, storing his other outfit in his bag of holding. Another 'gift' from an unsuspecting mage. Using his Gate Gem, he teleported to another alley more in the middle of the city, to drop off the 'assassin'.

Again, as with the main gates to the city, he was fired at then questioned about his motives. All he had to do was show the man to the guards and say the word, "Assassin" and he was let into the main chamber room of the palace. Almost immedeately he was searched. Fortunately the King arrived before they could get to any of the really incriminating stuff.

Salem spoke, "Good King, I have a message for you. This man," Salem indicated the sleeping man next to him, "Was going to attempt an assassination on you." The king just sat and took the news quite well. He then motioned to the guards and they left the room. 'Wow is this a dumb king...' Salem thought. As the king approached Salem he was quickly held at knifepoint. "Tell me where you store the gem and there will be no bloodshed."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:27 pm
She quickly attempted an attack from behind, but he dodged. At the very least the knig was uninjured, and the assassin had dropped his knife. She answered his unasked question, "Oh it was simple enough to get in here. Just a concealment spell, and a slight fog over the guard's minds. So why do you want the gem?" She pulled out a sword, and approached cautiously. "Or you could give me that ruby and leave. I can make it as if you were never here." She gave a smile that said my way or death.  

Scarlette Nishidaki

Ooshnagam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:39 pm
(Umm, I teleported here. I didn't walk. Also the gem transports the user and any others that he/she chooses, sorry no hitchhikers.)

Surprised, Salem focused on the new target. He quickly started to form a spell in his mind. He may get nauseous when he does do spells but that doesn't mean that he completely avoids them. With a spell ready just in case he cautiously approached his dagger only to be threatened even more with her sword.

Seeing that he wouldn't get past her by normal means he activated his spell, it was an influence spell, making everyone in the room compulsively do whatever it took to please him. At will he could highten the spell, making it harder to resist.

(For now I'll describe the strength on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best.)

He set the level of the spell at a five, which could take down even the most strong willed non-magical person, and could even influence novice to adept magic users. He carefully worded his next sentence. "I'm sorry to bother you, but could you hand me that knife over there?" His voice was covered in layers of treble and baritone, making it sound like there was a chorus sining his commands.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:27 pm
The voice was beautiful, and she felt compelled to listen. But as she reached for the knife her own personal counter spells (she put these on herself years ago) kicked in. She snapped out of it, but was a bit dizzy, not to mention nauseous. "Nice try. But you'll have to do better than that."  

Scarlette Nishidaki

Ooshnagam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 pm
Salem had to admit that this girl had spunk, but that had never stopped him from doing his work before. He quickly concentrated on his active spell and upped the power to seven. Equipped with even more charm to his voice he said, "I asked you to pick that up for me, but if you don't want to be in my favor then that's fine..." Most master mages would be crumbling at his feet about now, and the guru's would start to feel a slight desire to obey.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:14 pm
(cheap move man)
Her resolve was weakening. She wanted so badly to obey. She reached again for the knife, and felt the cold steel when her fingers grasped around it. Something in her head seemed to scream at her to stop, and she broke out of the trance once again. Shaking her head, she dropped the knife and kicked to the far end of the room. "Quit messing with my head you (fill in whichever word you like)"  

Scarlette Nishidaki

Kaioi Meisin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:48 pm
Drazkiel didn't like sunlight. It irritated his skin and restricted his form. Although, having Human blood, he could survive prolonged sunlight, his Shadowed blood despised it and longed for shade.

He had traveled for about a day when he arrived at the town. He scanned it, to see if there were any beings inside worth fighting, and was delighted to find there were four different beings with a level 5 essence, as well as about a dozen level 4s and numerous level 3s. He categorized essences to make it easier to compare people; he had only ever encountered three level 5s before, and he'd never managed to consume one. He only ever encountered one level 6...

Arriving at the gate, he was greeted with numerous expletives and the sounds of crossbows being drawn. The sun was hidden behind the castle. Perfect. As a fireball flew towards him, he easily dispersed his chest and dodged the attack. He drifted through one of the arrows slots and made short work of the guards. He searched the bodies casually; only the mage had had a powerful essence. He lifted the body by the throat and drew the mage's power into his own body. Flicking his hand, a matchlight of a flame appeared in the palm of his hand. Nothing like it had been in life - he'd have to collect more mage essences for it to rival a true fireball. He clenched his fist and smothered the mini-flame.

He strode into the town as if he'd been welcome all along. A nearby sign said "Welcome to Flint".  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 am
"Stop resisting. It will only lead to more suffering." Salem was starting to feel like throwing up but he still persisted. He upped the spell to eighth level. Now there was only a small chance that any magic users under the rank of guru could resist. Salem felt a tearing at his soul as he kept the spell going. His eyes started to glow an irridescent blue. "Forget it, just don't move. If you do then I will be forced to punish you." Salem walked over to his dagger and picked it up, forcing it back into it's sheath.

He then took the opportunity to take out his gatekeeper's gem. Walking over to the king he started to concentrate on an inn on the other side of the city. He took the king's hand and said, still with the spell active, "Come with me." As soon as he finished his sentence he teleported both of them to the inn. He quickly dropped the spell, and gave the inn keeper a sack of coins. Taking the king with him before the spell completely wore off, he walked to his room. He closed the door behind him and locked it. He then started to interogate the king on the whereabouts of the gem.  

Ooshnagam

Scarlette Nishidaki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am
The spell had worn off andshe was just standing there. What just happened? Where'd that guy go? Where's the king?! Crap! She started running and made it out of the castle and into the bright sunlight before the guards showed up. She had to get out of town before she got blamed for something, it just a simple matter of getting back to the inn and grabbing her stuff. She wasn't paying much attention and ran into some guy knocking them both over. "Oh sorry, I'm in a hurry..." Then she saw who she was talking too. He was big, and had grayish skin. Sick. Not a guy I want to get on the wrong side of.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 am
Salem had finally gotten the king alone. Now all he had to do was get him to tell where the gem was. But then Salem realized something, he didn't want to steal the gem. He wanted to help one side become the victor of the war. Salem quickly appologized to the king and transported him to the throne room. "I'm terribly sorry about the kidnapping stuff... Can you ever forgive me?"

Salem got his answer in the form of the summoning of guards. 'Not again...' Thought the youthful thief as he was running from the athourities for the umpteenth time in his life. He almost made for the gem but then thought, 'What's the fun in that?' He then saw an oppertunity arize to take this chase to the next level. He used some barrels to jump up to the awning of the fruit shop, springing himself to the rooftops. "Catch me if you can!" He shouted playfully at the guards following him. This chase was going to last a long time. Or at least as long as Salem was having fun...  

Ooshnagam

Kaioi Meisin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:53 pm
Drazkiel hated sunlight. He realised this fact as he walked through the town, his powers bound. He realised this fact as he turned down the main road and was suddenly blinded. Mostly, though, he realised this fact when a girl barreled down the street and crashed into his chest.

As he got back up, he looked at the girl and discovered she was one of the level 5s he had seen. Instinctively he reached back for his sword, to find he couldn't draw it. He swore under his breath. Here was the perfect example of what he'd been traveling for, and he couldn't even kill her. He told her to get lost, and turned away. He made sure to see where she went when she left, though.

Drazkiel really hated sunlight.  
East

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces