Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Swap anytime soon? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

To swap or Not to swap?
  Yay :)
  Nay :(
View Results

damnatio memoriae

Dapper Dabbler

12,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:20 pm
Hey Everyone! I'm pretty new to this guild and I'm so excited to have found you guys!
I noticed that there used to be guild swaps, but there hasn't been any talk of having one recently. So, does anyone know when the next one will be? Is anyone else interested in participating in one? heart domokun heart  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:56 pm
I know I would be interested in having one. But maybe in the summer when everyone is out of school and such. Christmas in July swap?

Great Aunt Gertrude

claviclebone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 pm
Swap? question
umm I know what it means: to switch. But what do you guys mean? I'm not quite sure >o<  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:55 pm
Kiku is willing to do a swap once its summer (classes are currently too psycho to sew in, but sewing might happen once i understand what the hell im doing in them lol )

Also, what do you do in a swap and how do you do it? Do you just craft something based on a theme and then mail it to someone?  

Chibi Kiku-chan

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:15 pm
I think it really depends on the parameters set up by whoever runs the swap. I see swaps all the time in the Ravelry groups I'm in, and each one is different. Some examples:

-College Knitters does swaps where you knit something for your swap partner in their school colors (scarf or mitts or something else wearable) and send the finished item to them along with something you think is essential for college life.

-Cuppa Tea? has done a couple of swaps. One involved sending some yarn and a thrift store item to the partner. Another was a luxury yarn swap. I'm sure both swaps involved sending some tea along, too.

-Etsy Sellers is going to do a knitting/spinning tool swap, where people send needles, stitch markers, and other handmade tools to their partners.

There's a lot of variety in swaps, but the one thing that's constant is that each person gets a partner to send some kind of gift to. And each person has someone send something to them. It depends a lot on the honesty of the participants to make sure that everybody gets their stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:42 pm
Ah I see ^^
That sounds like fun biggrin  

Chibi Kiku-chan

claviclebone

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:02 pm
Sounds REALLY fun but I wouldn't be alowd to give out meh adress >.>  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:29 pm
maybe theres a way to do it without giving out your adress..... i cant think of any exept mailing it to a place where you could pick it up? but does a place exist?  

black_fox52

Kiyoshi Masamune

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 pm
There is no way to organise a swap through Gaia without violating the TOS.
Personal information like addresses must not be shared through Gaia.
Though, Gaia related swaps have been organised on www.craftster.org by members of this guild in the past.
So if you want just head over to craftster.org and look at the rules they have surrounding the swaps (including that you need to be a member for at lesat a month before you can join a swap) and maybe organise something.
Posting a Gaia related swap thread in the swap ideas thing will bring Gaia members out of the woodworks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:05 am
I would love to do a materials swap...I'm moving in the next month and have tons of craft stuff I won't need when I leave. (You know how phases can be... "I'M STRESSED, LET'S TRY SOMETHING NEW.")

As for the TOS, it could always be organized here and then taken offsite for the final steps, no?  

JJKo

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 am
This sounds like a lot of fun! If you didn't want to give out your address, you could have it delivered to the local post office, and pick it up later. If your worred about your safty, have it delivered to an ex, then pick it up in the dead of night! oh, the possibilities!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:51 pm
I love the idea 4laugh
I myself have a P.O. Box so dont have to worry about being found, and don't have time between sewing, work, moving, being a newly wed to be a stocker so no worrys there rofl

but random thought!
how about a random mini doll swap! like just little quick flat dolls you sometimes see hanging on christmas tree's. (some of ya have no idea what i'm talking about no?)
their small, and i can see them shipping easly.
and though they are a quickie it will be cool to see what people come up with!

like right now i'm working on some patterns for some random quail dolls for some kids i know from scrap stuff i got left over from my ragdoll outfits.  

Lady Brakefall

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 pm
I wanna do a swap! Sounds like fun >_<  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:58 am
We could always make a guild blog and go from there. Then it's not dependent on any outside communities rules.

A swap sounds awesome, especially since it would probably be mixed craft bearing in mind the variety of crafts people do here.  

s.t.a.r.r.y

loves_funeral_song

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:53 pm
s.t.a.r.r.y
We could always make a guild blog and go from there. Then it's not dependent on any outside communities rules.

A swap sounds awesome, especially since it would probably be mixed craft bearing in mind the variety of crafts people do here.

That sounds like a great idea! I think we should go with this idea, that way, we can have a place all our own to have future swaps! 3nodding  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff