Book Soundtracks Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

teenroses

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:13 am
Hey, people!

Why don't we make a thread about music and books?

While reading a book, you may think of a certain song-or vice versa. Special books and songs that just seem to go well together??

Example:

The Twilight Series and the CASCADA album go perfectly together (or so they say). Just so happens that I read Twilight during Winter Break, which was also when I got an Idog, and my CASCADA album. I still didn't know how to work my iPod, so I hooked up my iDog to my CD player which had CASCADA in it. I listened to it while I read my book, and then realized "Hey! The music fits perfectly!!!" And so yeah.

Now your turn! smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:04 am
When I read that book during winter break I had some smelling stuff on and I identify that smell with that series and Tamora Pierce's Immortal series. I love it.  

Earthest

Out of Kansas

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:43 pm
Phantom of the Opera is a great read with the musical playing alongside it!! ;P

Seriously though I enjoy just 'bout any kind of music with my reading but, thats 'cause I can't stand silence. Nothing to loud of course though just something relaxing or in with whatever genre the book is.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:11 pm
I don't normally listen to music while I read, because I find it distracting... however, predictably, I find that Johann de Meij's Lord of the Rings Symphony goes quite well with Tolkien's trilogy. XD  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

TheWindySea

Liberal Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:33 pm
I usually have playlists that I've made for certain moods and what. So... When I read, I pick a playlist.

Now, when I read the Supernatural novels, I have a bunch of old, classic rock I listen to.  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 am
I can't really listen to much other than classical when I read, or I get distracted. As for songs that remind me of books, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I know there was one overplayed song on the radio that reminded me of Twilight, but I completely forget which one it was. OH WAIT! Never Too Late by Three Days Grace. That was it....  

penandpaper67
Captain

deceitful_hearts

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:29 pm
Linkin Park's new CD sounded pretty nice wail I was reading Clockwork Orange.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:46 am
Hazel-Secrets
I usually have playlists that I've made for certain moods and what. So... When I read, I pick a playlist.

Now, when I read the Supernatural novels, I have a bunch of old, classic rock I listen to.

It's like how I've made playlists for the stories I've written. smile  

Mithrellas

xAngelxKissedx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:33 pm
I think "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence go pretty well, but I usually don't listen to music while reading.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:44 am
any adventure book goes will with a POTC soundtrack  

Spirit_of_Midnight

Rudhe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:57 pm
Earthest
When I read that book during winter break I had some smelling stuff on and I identify that smell with that series and Tamora Pierce's Immortal series. I love it.

I can relate to that. Normally thats how I know I have a good book. The feeling or the smell you get when you see and read it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:38 am
Hmm
I've listened to a rock station while reading but they don't remind me off any book in particular except for the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield.  

Islua

Lostt Eviie

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:16 pm
Some of the songs in the "Heroes and Thieves" album by Vanessa Carlton go well with the Twilight Series.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:17 am
Kingdom Hearts II Soundtrack seems to work with most things I read.... Then again, that's just me.  

XGamerRichy

seleneswan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 am
To Zanarkand goes with a lot of stuff. Like Bella's lullaby, and it's an easy background music while reading...  
Music

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff