Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply -~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!
Sword of Truth Reference Game, Back Up Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of this event?
  Good
  Bad
  Alright
  Could do without
View Results

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:49 pm
Greeting to all of my fellow members of the Sword of Truth guild here on Gaia. I have spoken with Sabre Sword and she has agreed to let me start the event I've made up for fun with the guild.

This event, as I hope, will help to refresh memories of the story and be fun as well. I hope to have better prizes later on but for now all I can offer is a little gold.

Each of the questions for this event will have a time limit to be answered, if not answered then no one wins and the prize is not given, but that just leaves the next prize to built up.

Please PM or post what you belive to be the answer, if you are right you will get the prize on the due date.
I hope you all enjoy this event and join in the fun.

Rules:

1. You cannot ask for hints about the question.
2. All of the questions are from the Sword of Truth series so use the books to find the answer.
3. If you work in a team please give the names of all the teammates, teamwork only works if everyone gets credit.
4. Only restriction for this type of contest is the number of books you've read or if you remember them from books.  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:51 pm
1. This person was called Death's Mistress, was one of the Sister's being held by Jagang, and did as she pleased (to an extent f course). Who is this person? Reference book 6, Faith of the Fallen.
Due date is May 10th, 2008. Prize stands at 500 gold.
Congrats to Lophus Rahl.

2. This person is powerful, mysterious, and lives alone except for a few people. This person lives in a place of peace surrounded by evil, and is feared by many. Who is this person? Reference books 1-5... maybe more.
Due date is May 12th, 2008 May 11, 2008. Prize stands at 500 gold.
Congrats to xx Koloblicin xx.

3. This person is shy around strangers, big, strong, and makes a bear look like a kitten. This person is married(if you call it that), has green eyes, and fights to protect his/her loved ones. Who is this person? Reference books 2-3, maybe 4 too.
Due date is May 15th, 2008 May 13, 2008. Prize stands at 500 gold.
Congrats to Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren.

4. This thing is powerful, destructive, can kill without its victoms knowing it, and is now gone. This thing was able to harm flesh before it kills and was linked to something else, something that worked before this thing's counterpart(s) was shown the truth. What was this thing. Reference book 5.
Due date is May 19th, 2008 May 14, 2008. Prize stands at 500 gold.
Congrats to xx Koloblicin xx.

5. This person was feared, hated, and enjoyed his/her doing. This person was known as an agent and was killed, banished, sent away three times and still held some influence over things. Who is this person? Reference books 1, 2, and 4 and possibly others.
Due date is May 22nd, 2008 May 15, 2008. Prize stands at 500 gold.
Congrats to Lophus Rahl.

Due dates changed so the prizes are given quicker.  

Nicolai the Necromancer

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 am
number three is Gratch. :3  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:03 pm
sweatdrop you're kind of early to be answering it, the prize money may go up before it's time to give the reward. i'm not saying it's wrong or that it's right, but you don't have to delete your answer... the answer won't be said until the due dates but it's good to know some people are particiapting.  

Nicolai the Necromancer

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:38 pm
Nicolai the Necromancer
sweatdrop you're kind of early to be answering it, the prize money may go up before it's time to give the reward. i'm not saying it's wrong or that it's right, but you don't have to delete your answer... the answer won't be said until the due dates but it's good to know some people are particiapting.
D: But but, I just saw it o I thought I might as well answer it. ;-;  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 am
1. Nicci
2. Adie
3. Gratch
4. Chimes
5. Darken Rahl  

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:22 pm
... ok, first off: not all of those are right Lophus, good try tho; and second: you guys are really lack patince don't you? sweatdrop

I'll just start putting them all on 1 due date, preferably Saturdays. But I was hoping not to get the result... oh well, just need to hope for next week's.

Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren- wins #3's prize, he did answer first, sorry.
Lophus Rahl- wins 1 and 5, very close on 4 though.

#'s 2 and 4 can still be answered but if not before Saturday then they are voided and no one wins the prize... did I make a mistake on #2 though? I don't think Adie has a definent place to live now... does she?  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:19 pm
Alright, i would like to thank everyone who played for trying, and the new questions will be posted... next week I hope. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve this event, please let me know and I'll take your ideas into consideration.  

Nicolai the Necromancer

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:10 pm
Nicolai the Necromancer
Alright, i would like to thank everyone who played for trying, and the new questions will be posted... next week I hope. If anyone has any ideas on how to improve this event, please let me know and I'll take your ideas into consideration.
Ooh! You should do like a 'daily question' or something, for a total of five questions, and then maybe wait a while after, and give them themes maybe, iunno. x3

Like... these are all on page 123, but of which book? ;3?  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:58 am
I'm sorry but I don't have that much gold, one of my friend's had their account hacked and gave most of my gold to them. But I'm working on getting more.  

Nicolai the Necromancer

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:28 am
x3 lotsa people get hacked lately. D:  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:27 pm
yeah and, someone else with alot of gold, coughlophuscou coughgalencough coughMEcough could do it instead  

xx Koloblicin xx

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:48 am
xx Koloblicin xx
yeah and, someone else with alot of gold, coughlophuscou coughgalencough coughMEcough could do it instead
Sowwies, questing, that's why I participateds. D: -ish at 11k/41k for Superior Form so far- ;-; I'll bet the price went up too. u.u  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
yeah almost indefinatly, i think its up to 60k but im not sure  

xx Koloblicin xx

Nicolai the Necromancer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:12 am
(I know the prize money went down from last time and the questions may be harder but I don't think I'll be able to post another set till school's over, so... due date for these are Friday May 16, 200 cool

6. This person was different years ago, this person was changed and now has a need to... call everything his/hers. He/she has glowing lamp eyes. Reference books... 1, 2, 4, and I think more.
Who is this person?
Prize stands at 400 gold. Congrats to teddybizzle

7. This person could get the nickname "Crome Dome," if not for the fact that he/she can kill you with his/her bare hands. He/she is as smart as... can't think of a word to describe his/her smarts. He/she shows that quantity is better than quality. Reference books 3-6, and more I have yet to read. Congrats to Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren.
Who is this person? Prize stands at 400 gold.

8. This think is powerful, millinea old, and leaves with those who see what it's name reperesents. It shows no fear toward anything and welcomes a challenage with a ring. All bow to this thing's power, all fall to it's anger, all cannot use it... but The One (Matix line, wanted to joke a bit). Reference the whole series.
What is this thing?
Prize stands at 400 gold. Congrats to teddybizzle

9. This person is mostly dead serious about things and expects them to be carried out. This person has used people and compares the duties to that of a wizard, "sometimes you must use people to accoplish your duties." This person has a hard time understanding many tribes and customs he/she finds as... savage. Reference books 2+.[/srtike] Congrats to xx Koloblicin xx.
Who is this person? Prize stands at 400 gold.

10. This is a symbol of authority, office, and leadership, passed down since its creation in honor of the wearer. This thing has a lovely desine on it and was used to open a special lock. This thing is like a crown to be passed down to a heir when the previous owner dies or is removed from office. Reference book 3. Congrats to Galen Kiuchenathus Loiren.
What is this thing? Prize stands at 400 gold.

(9 and 10 have been changed so they are easier, I'm sorry but I've been busy and couldn't think of a good way to change them)

-~- Aydindril -~- We welcome our new sister affiliate, A World Divided!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games