Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Vegetarians? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vegatarian?
  yes
  no
  im considering it now...
View Results

sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:20 am
Well im a vegetarian... dont like killing little animals for meat Dx the way they treat them is monstrous and... well... other than that meat rots in your intestines after a wile... so yeah... its nasty. And well... whom alse a vegi? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:29 pm
I'm a vegetarian too. ^-^ I don't believe in causing any living thing pain. Plus it's just sad you know, they're living there whole life not knowing that one day, BAM!, they'll be on someone's dinner plate. I especially hate veal. Keeping those poor, defenseless, baby cows penned up in small spaces just so they stay "tender". evil RAWR, it just infuriates me. Maybe not all farmers treat calves that are destined to be veal that way, but I've seen some that do, and it sickened me.  

Suki921

Dedicated Cleric

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:06 pm
If you have pets do you feed it dog or cat food?
If so you are feeding it processed animal parts.
If you kids want to pretend to be vegetarian try thinking about it all first before you make that decision.
Plus if you grew up on meat your body begins to eat itself because you arent feeding it the same kind of nutrients as you had for years.
Humans didn't rise and overcome all other animals by eating them for survival to decide eating other animals is wrong.

Dude...Animals eat other animals.
Vegetarians are just spoiled people with nothing else better to do than complain and contemplate things in life.
It may be a lifestyle but I tell you what, you'll out grow it and realize you were an idiot.

Think about it...when you die, maggots and other insects feed on your flesh and reproduce in you. Thats life.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:23 pm
Eri Luvs You
If you kids want to pretend to be vegetarian try thinking about it all first before you make that decision.
Plus if you grew up on meat your body begins to eat itself because you arent feeding it the same kind of nutrients as you had for years.
Humans didn't rise and overcome all other animals by eating them for survival to decide eating other animals is wrong.

Vegetarians are just spoiled people with nothing else better to do than complain and contemplate things in life.
It may be a lifestyle but I tell you what, you'll out grow it and realize you were an idiot.

Think about it...when you die, maggots and other insects feed on your flesh and reproduce in you. Thats life.

I love that point you brought up. (im not being sarcastic)
Well yes, animals eat other animals, true. But what we do is torture animals. Thats not nature, thats not natural survival. If we kept the animals in a open place were they can roam around then it be more acceptable. But keeping a 200 pound cow on a 2 by 4 feet fence? and on top of it we do it so its more "tender". And yes, animals eat animals. Why do we make it illegal 2 feed on other human beings? Once i read bout this article that 2 men on their expedition 2 south africa killed 12 "cannibals" because they saw them eating one of their villagers. Why dont we do the same 2 a person that eats a cow?  

sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:34 pm
Because Cannibalism is still considered murder. Theres a difference.
I can agree on keeping animals free roaming and happy, of course.
There's animals out there that play with their food before eating.
Spiders trap their pray, big cats chase theirs down and crocodiles drown their prey.
If thats not torture then what else is?
I know cows never really did much to else to hurt us except mad cow disease but I do agree they need to be kept better.
I dont think people should stop eating them, though.

Until vegetarian friendly "meats" become cheap and delicious I think meat will still be the thing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:47 pm
Eri Luvs You
Because Cannibalism is still considered murder. Theres a difference.
I can agree on keeping animals free roaming and happy, of course.
There's animals out there that play with their food before eating.
Spiders trap their pray, big cats chase theirs down and crocodiles drown their prey.
If thats not torture then what else is?
I know cows never really did much to else to hurt us except mad cow disease but I do agree they need to be kept better.
I dont think people should stop eating them, though.

Until vegetarian friendly "meats" become cheap and delicious I think meat will still be the thing.

:3 you eat what you wish :3 Well... spiders, cats, crocodiles... thier nature 2 do that 2 their food, and well... okay i imagine a crock dosnt want 2 drown it, he just munching it under the water xD idk, im not a biologist. When we started eating we killed the thing as fast as we could and ate it :3 Well, we just do it 2 acomodate ourselfs better :3  

sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:54 pm
I'm sure you will out grow it.
Only few people stay vegetarians unless they grew up that way.
LOTS of people I knew tried to be but then they realized they were just trying to look more intelligent.
Not to burst your bubble or anything.
If you stay being a vegetarian then good I applaud your effort.
If not then eh.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:00 pm
Eri Luvs You
I'm sure you will out grow it.
Only few people stay vegetarians unless they grew up that way.
LOTS of people I knew tried to be but then they realized they were just trying to look more intelligent.
Not to burst your bubble or anything.
If you stay being a vegetarian then good I applaud your effort.
If not then eh.

hehe :3 well all my family from my fathers side is vegetarian. My mothers family is half Argentinian and Half spanish and no one in those countries are vegis :3 i decided 2 go with my dads side  

sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:04 pm
please tell me you're not seeing the stuff from peta...cause they actually do some of the crap to get people to stop.
the only reason my friend is a vegetarian is cause he likes vegetables more than meat. honestly i could careless how they treat the animal hahah. i just don't want to see it.
i didn't climb to the chop of the food chain to eat a plant.
vegetarianism is a fad not a lifestyle..well now it is  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:33 pm
I don't like the way animals are treated either, and i'm honestly considering going vegetarian, but meat is a necessary part of my lifestyle. I eat meat to get the protein to stay healthy, if you can get all the nutrients you need from vegetables, more power to you. If the human race wasn't such a torturous species, I probably would have no objections, but at the same time, the kind of meat that we eat is all over-processed, undercooked, groul that can't even be classified as meat anymore. But hey, not critisizing anybody.  

XxXxXAlice_CullenXxXxX

sXe-Bi-Boy-sXe

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:52 am
XxXxXAlice_CullenXxXxX
I don't like the way animals are treated either, and i'm honestly considering going vegetarian, but meat is a necessary part of my lifestyle. I eat meat to get the protein to stay healthy, if you can get all the nutrients you need from vegetables, more power to you. If the human race wasn't such a torturous species, I probably would have no objections, but at the same time, the kind of meat that we eat is all over-processed, undercooked, groul that can't even be classified as meat anymore. But hey, not critisizing anybody.

you can start by stoping eating red meat and just eating birds. After that take the birds away with tofu or this new stuff that they mix the tofu with the chicken or something like that. Its quite easy. In less than a month you can be partial vegetarian.  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm an omnivore with no justification to my diet except that I eat what I want when I'm hungry.
Don't target me.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Candy Fornication

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:11 am
I was one for 2 years.
But then I just kinda.....abandon it.
I still don't eat much meat other then fish.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:38 pm
Eri Luvs You

Well, my way of saying it has many reasons.

1) Meat is extremely bad for your digestive system
2) The amount of chemicals within the meat is horrible
3) Eating meat exposes you to many dieseases
4) The way animals are tortured to death is horrible

I have a lot of more reasons. I'm a vegan, not vegetarian, vegan. In case you don't know what a vegan is, it's a person that doesn't eat or use anything that comes from an animal. That includes meat, eggs, gelatin, animal fats, fur, specific soaps, leather, etc. Vegans also don't use any products that were tested on animals.

Please don't snap at vegans and vegetarians because of their decisions of not eating meat. Some people have a different point of view on these things. You may not see it the way I do. That's not a bad thing, it's just your point of view. I'm not against the way you think, I just think it different.

I'm not a vegan because I'm looking for something to complain about. I'm vegan because I really care about animals and feel that it's not right to kill something if it's not required for life to kill. What I mean is, a dog can't live without meat, so that's what it eats. But I've been vegan for many years already, and I'm still alive. I just feel that I'd rather not kill something to live than kill something to live if it's bad for your body, and torture to the animals.

I'm not trying to convince you to quit meat, I'm just saying that if you meet a vegetarian, don't get mad at them because of their decisions, because chances are the reason that they're vegetarian has to do with animal rights, or if it's just bad for the systems and makes them sick.
Very few vegetarians quit meat in order to look for something to complain about, if any.  

bloodandviolence49

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:55 pm
bloodandviolence49
Eri Luvs You

Well, my way of saying it has many reasons.

1) Meat is extremely bad for your digestive system- that's what fiber is for
2) The amount of chemicals within the meat is horrible depends on the meet, plus the way they're cooked gets rid of them
3) Eating meat exposes you to many dieseases that's if it's undercooked
4) The way animals are tortured to death is horriblenot all places do that, only the run down ones really, the other ones are watched over and try to get people to stop
remebmer some of peta's videos they did themselves  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games