Reply Folly of Man
Shopping District (RP) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Anon Assassin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:27 pm
[ Sorry if this presumptuous of me, but I figured if there was a housing district then they're ought to be a Shopping district. And where else would a private detective set up shop? wink ]

Fredrick snapped out of his sound and snore-filled nap as a loud alarm went off, somewhere in the vicinity of his desk. With a yelp he fell out of his chair. Growling, cursing, and saying things that would probably turn his mother's hair white, if she even cared, Fredrick picked his way back up from the litter of paper-work and other general trash in order to turn off the blaring alarm coming from his computer screen. Throughly annoyed Fredick glared at the screen as he rubbed the bump forming on the back of his head from where he had hit it against the floor and pulled over the rolling desk chair he had previously been napping in.
"Wonder who wants to waste my time this go around." the private investigator snarled as the ear-piercing alarm only ever went off when he got a job offer through his website. Normally, he would only receive jobs having to do with cheating spouses or rebellious children, a waste of his talents in his own opinion. However, there were those few times when something interesting would come in, whether it was from the faction or HEC...after all... despite his sympathetic nature toward the Faction every man did have his price.

This was one of those interesting times, he thought to himself, as he instantly recognized the name that was attached to the e-mail. It was someone he'd done work for before and the name was always a pleasure to see. " 'Pan requests your assistance once more. Double last time's payment. Investigate Abel's brother. Info drop has changed. Wait for my call.' " Fredrick paused and leaned back in his chair, his hand coming up to cup his chin as he thought about the job. From past experience he knew that 'Pan's' payment would already have been deposited.
"Damn but he does know me." Fredrick muttered aloud, a grin splitting his face. "Cain huh? From Greek Gods to the bible...this guy sure knows how to keep me guessing."

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:25 pm
Lilane ran a hand through her short red hair and sighed miserably. It wasn't so much that she didn't like her job. She loved it actually. Where else could she get to work with animals on an every-day basis. It was the fact that fights were breaking out more often along the ally-ways on her way to work. Lilane's nature wasn't to pick fights, or join in on them, but she always seemed to be pulled into them anyway. She wasn't sure why, but someone always wanted to got at it with her. Her father told her that it was most likely because she was simply athletic and a bit imposing looking for her age....and gender. This always made her laugh. Her best-friend however always told her it was because she seemed intense, like an inner strength poured out of her. This also made Lilane laugh.

Still, the increasing fights were beginning to worry Lilane. They normally never broke out so close to the shopping district. She put the blame on the HEC and the remnants of the Faction. Though she often found herself sympathizing with the Faction, Lilane just wasn't one to condone violence. What good had it ever done? Still, she didn't mind the idea of fighting for a belief, for something she thought was right and dying out on the battlefield. The tan, tall redhead shook her head and stood up from the counter that she stood behind to go tend to a squawking reptilian bird that she had dubbed 'Opal' for it's rich golden eyes.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Fate Shzual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:08 am
Maya was dressed in a dark purple pant suit, her long lavender hair was laid across her shoulders and down the mid section of her back in her hands was a grocery list and in her purse was Kain's card no way in hell she was going to give Master Riot her Overlord's credit card. However, if it was one thing the medic needed it was food she was a excellent cook and if it wasn't for the fact that her Overlord was of the "undead" sort she would love to make him a nice meal but she could settle with Master Riot, and Lady Dreaga. She would look over to Riot and wondered where he jumped to she giggled most likely off to the chip section to grab a few things of doritos. Michelle was with them as well dressed in a white shirt and a short skirt the woman was almost as pretty as Maya was outside of her nursing uniform.

She'd take a look around and picked up a few things, hell she already added a few edible items for Niak if he so wished to come back. The thought of Niak both exited and creeped her out at the same time, but she had to focus on getting the cabinets stocked with good nutritious food, and the occasional snacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:20 pm
Riot appeared next to Maya looking kind of pleased. He would have been pissed off but Rampage was giving him a little pleasure, mostly because he would see what was going on.

"Can we make this quick i have to get back to the mansion." Riot said looking around, he jumped for a moment and was bag with an arm ful of doritos.
"Cause thats my shopping right there." He said looking around.

AngelsSingLies
Vice Captain

Fate Shzual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:45 pm
Maya was used to Master Riot's jumping and looked to the side as he appeared. "Oh? Well hmm... let me finish then" No sense in arguing wih your superiors she was sure Overlord Kain wouldn't mind f Maya picked up a few things for Lady Dreaga for someone unknown reason she was missing. But, a lady of her Overlord must dress the part.

"Well, go ahead then, I have a few things that I need to tend to I will meet you back at the mansion once I am done,if His lordship is wondering where I am, tell him I had to do a few more things"

Maya would walk away as a three humanoid nurses followed with carts filled to the top with food and different cleaning supplies the palce was gorgeous yes... but also very, VERY dusty. She would take out the card and swipe it as the clerk eyed them in a unusal way she only smiled and took the card back heading for a dress shop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:30 pm
Lilane turned the key of the store into the lock on the bars before the front door, satisfied when she heard the familiar 'clank' of the lock falling into place. As she looked through the dark windows at the sleeping animals inside she let out a happy sigh. Content with her hard days work Lilane turned from the shop and began her long walk home. However, like most teenagers, Lilane could never just 'walk' home. So as she went she pulled out her cell phone and typed messages and e-mails to friends and associates as she rounded the same route home she always took.

She was just finishing reading a rather humorous e-mail when she heard the sounds of a fight in a nearby ally. Shaking her head Lilane rounded the ally and two men attacking a rather furry looking young boy. Letting out a sigh Lilane set down her bag and stalked down the ally way. She walked up to one of the men kicking the furry boy on the ground and tapped him on the shoulder. When he spun around, anger in his eyes, Lilane waggled a disapproving finger at him. "Y'know...it's not polite for adults to pick on children...especially when it's two on one."

The man swore and growled and swung out at Lilane, who caught the man's hand in her own and merely frowned. "And it's even less polite to hit girls." she said simply before hitting him full force in the gut with her knee, forcing the man to pass out. His companion whirled on her and let out a furious cry as she ran at her. Letting out a sigh Lilane merely side-stepped the man's charging figure and grabbed the back of his shirt as he passed her. She pulled the man back before tossing him into the wall where he slid down and did not bother to get up. Lilane sighed and looked to the young furry looking boy who stared up at her in wonder. "You okay kid?" Lilane asked.

The kid, instead of saying anything merely sprinted past her and out of the ally way. Lilane watched him go and frowned in disappointment. "Yeah...you're welcome..." she muttered to herself.

The One Faithful
Crew

Aged Survivor

6,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100

The Anon Assassin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:49 pm
Fredrick was about ready to give up. He'd checked all of his online sources ( which were quite a few ), contacted all of his good resource persons, and had even called in a few favors from some of his...not so morally outstanding contacts. Yet he still couldn't find anything on Cain outside of the bible. The detective let out a frustrated sigh. "Well...crap...at least 'Pan' likes to pay in advanced. I mean HELL! This job is impossible." he growled, rubbing his head and messing his hair frantically enough to have his fat cat partner look up from where he was napping.

Just as he was about to give up and just call it a couple of days...and a job not so well done. His phone rang. Fredrick hesitated for a moment. He eyed the phone as if it would bite him if he picked it up and then sighed and answered the thing anyway. "Yeah Fredrick here." he said in a rough sort of way as he scratched the back of his head.

"It's Pan. I'm calling about the job. I want you to drop it."

Fredrick nearly dropped the phone, this was the first time that 'Pan' had actually called his office phone, not to mention the fact that normally 'Pan's' voice would come to him through a heavy filter, while this time...it was obviously completely human. The private detective felt a bead of sweat roll down his spine at that beautiful feminine voice. "Just like that?" he asked skeptically.
"Just like that. I need you do something else for me. A...friend...has run into some trouble. I need you to investigate her where-bouts...and how to save her."
"Save her? Look I'm not-"
"Find Micah of the Faction. Tell him 'His bird has been caged'. He'll help you find her."
Fredrick's eyes snapped open though when he responded his tone was laced with a sort of irritation that could only come from too many days on the job. "And just who is this person I'm supposed to be saving?"
"...She's the one who gave you your cat. Save her Fredrick...Black Rose will be the death of her."
And just like that Fredrick was left listening to a dial tone, his eyes stuck in look of pure and utter shock.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:00 am
Lura, more like Canis, lead Derrick to her kiosk were all these beautiful shell and sea glass jewelry dangled radiantly in the sun. On the other side were sun catchers and many other shiny trinkets. She walked behind the kiosk to the kiosk beside her, "Mrs Fredricks?" she called softly, her voice dainty and melodic.

"Yes, dear, don't move I'll come to you," came the charming voice of the middle age woman. "What can I get you?" She was a bright woman, plump, happy, and smiling a wonderful smile. She took Lura's arm in her plump hand and took her in a hug. "Hey there deary."

"Mrs Fredricks, this gentleman behind me wants to find a home, I was wondering if you could help him?"

"Well most of the available housings are in the housing districts...what kind of home are you looking for? An appartment, flat, house, condo...There are many options."  

Vulpexia

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ChainedFallacy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:24 pm
He thought for a moment. With all the training he had been doing as of late an open area for a gym sounded like a good idea. Plus he had always loved nothing but floor space and a room above it. Left room for furniture. "Im thinking a loft will suit my needs fine. Price is not an issue." He said it seriously and then thought of Laura's apartment. It did get lonely being in a big place by himself. Besides a woman and a dog dont seem like solid family either. "Just need it to have a great view. Actually i saw a great article on one i wanted to see. The only difference is that wall with the windows is completely glass, sliding covers like in a theater." He looked over to laura and smiled

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:37 pm
Lura didn't see his smile, but could sense it almost. Mrs Fredrics nodded quickly running past Lura to her kiosk and looked through her books. "Well you're in luck!" she cried as she ripped out a page. "This looks some what like what you're looking for, the glass wall and everything. What do you think? It even has a balcony attached to the glass wall. And over here..." she started to point around the blue prints. " There are lifts over here, like a set of steps that leads up to these overhang rooms. See here? A kitchen up there, and a parlor, a master bed room, and two small rooms. It looks like those were hobby rooms to the past owners. Its in excelant contidion, and considering its location rather cheap. Its just down the block from Lura's appartment building, two buildings over. I think you'd like it."

"Congrats Derrick," Lura said as she reached forward to place a hand on his shoulder, only she was aimed the wrong way and her hand fell on the back of her chair. She sighed and gracefully sat down. Canis knelt beside her, out of sight to the tourists, but able to smell and see any one who tried to steal something from Lura's shop. "You're luckier in your endevers then I was."

"Well you didn't want a loft, dear" mrs fredricks said with a bright smile that she knew Lura didn't see. "Buts its ok dear. You're appartment is perfect for you."

"And affordable...considering no one comes to my kisok..." Lura stated calmly, but any one could hear the sad tone to her voice. "Either way."  

Vulpexia

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ChainedFallacy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:33 pm
((Im going to pretend ive been living with you since i met you the first day like a couple months ago))

"You know Laura your apartment is kinda small for canis. I mean he sleeps in the bathroom and doesnt get much running room. Maybe thats fine for you and all but i mean when your not around canis complains alot." He saw the look on Canis face the moment he mentioned him it was a look of warning and great intrest. "Maybe you should let him come stay with me. I mean you can come too?" He pulled off his backpakc and pulled out a wad of cash, it was about twenty thousand in hundreds, all the prixe money he had won over the last month or so staying at her place.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 am
((sure no problem, makes it easier to post.))

Lura tilted her head, as if in amusment. "Complains? I didn't know you undedrstood dog." she jested. Mrs. Fredricks made a smirk.

"Offering residancy young man?" she laughed. "You're taking in quite a handfulll,"

"THanks Mrs. F." Lura stated. "Are you sure?" she muttered in reply to Derrick's offer. She'd grown accustomed to her little room, but Derrick did have a point, Canis when he's a were ( a seven foot, football sized man were) he deffinatly didn't like sleeping in the tub. She looked away down to her hands that she folded in her lap, not to look at her hands, but to hide her blush, she couldn't give away to much.

"I don't know, I'd need more time to think about it. But if Canis wants to stay with you for a bit until i make my decision...that would be alright with me." Canis jumped up and licked her face, obviously he was greatfull for the thought. He then jumped and licked at Derrick's hands. Utterly thankfully she smiled and nodded. "You're welcom Canis."  

Vulpexia

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ChainedFallacy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 pm
"Well i think me and Canis are going to have ourselves a wonderful ol time." He looked to canis happily and then looked at the lease.

"So when can i move in?" He looked around the office and then just kept on wondering how he was going to renovate his new space. It may have seemed kinda homo but he did like to decorate.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:19 pm
Lura smiled, "I'm sure," Mrs. Fredricks laughed her plump laugh and pulled out the paperwork/

"As soon as you wish. I believe this is the key, I'm glad i was able to help you so quickly. Its in the housing district." she said.

"I hope you don't mind that I keep Canis with me for the day, I wouldn't know how to get home with out him." she laughed softly, she heard foot steps, but payed no mind.

While she couldn't see, a group of idiotic children took hold of half of her jewelry and started running off with it. Lura heard Canis bark, and she instantly stood. "Some one just robbed me..." she uttered in disbelief.
Canis started instantly running after the four boys who each had hand fulls of shell jewelry.  

Vulpexia

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ChainedFallacy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:09 am
Derrick sighed heavily. He told canis to take down the two who were furthest ahead as they split into two groups. Derrick took off quickly matching Canis for speed, the muscles in his hamstring were a little longer due to constant regrowth. His speed wasnt super human but he was faster than a couple of children.

Within a minute or so of running, he caught the first and swept his legs. As the boy fell through the air he snatched the small bag of diamonds and then headed off for the rest. Before moving on though he reached in and tagged the boy in a small nerve cluster below his ribs. Rendering immobile he quickly caught the other and did the same. This boy had stolen nothing but still got the same treatment. He grabbed them both by the collars and dragged them back to the kisok.

"So should i give them slow painful death of break their legs." The look on his face was pure anger, but he let it break for a moment to show he wasnt serious. The boy's of course were so scared they didnt notice. He could actually swear the smell of pee had broken the air for a moment. "Ew... If you dont have the bladder to steal then dont do it kiddo." He slapped one in the back of the head continually until he apologized. "Be glad im the one who caught you two im not sure canis will be so nice to your friends, maybe theyre already dead." He felt the shudder of theirs bodies radiat into their collars and he laughed appropriatly.  
Folly of Man

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff