Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Knife OR gun? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So which do you prefer?
  Da Knife.
  Le Gun
View Results

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:01 am
Thought this would be a nice fitting RE pole as there are players out there with crazy knife skills. I love to read the knife tactic guids on GameFAQs, but I'm not that good =P

For me it depends on which game it is. on RE4, Code Veronica X, and RE1Remake, I use the knife a lot. But I can't use it on the others.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:04 am
Despite my lack of skills, I still think the knife is very over looked. Tis a handy little devil, and a great way to conserve ammo. smile  

REaceofclubs

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:09 am
I always enjoyed the attempt to do a knife run in an RE... but I'll have to say gun, because it makes me happy biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:22 am
No offense to anyone, but I think people who actually bother beating the whole game with just a knife have a little too much time on their hands.
I'll take the gun, beat the game faster, with no unneeded frustrations, and then I'll go and do something else, or get a head start on the next game, thanks.
Besides, the challenge is not to conserve ammo for me, the challenge is to actually make full use of the ammo, considering that by the end of my average RE walkthrough I end up with over 100 handgun bullets, a good 20 shotgun shells, 1 or 2 loads of the grenade launcher, and usually at least 1 spare magnum load.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:41 am
Lol, that's why I said "attempt" I always liked to see just how far I could get with it. It was never far.... XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:21 am
Gun. > .>
But if I do use the knife, I'll shoot their knees and while they're down I knife them to conserve ammo. XD

[Le S h i t]

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:17 am
I love my knifes. I even completed 2 and 3 using only them (Yes Bio i have to much time on my hands...but don't forget that you also attempted it)

However there was to much time and effect put into that. so I'm'ma go with guns. They keep you safer  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:15 pm
Umm, I don't recall ever attempting it. I maybe attempted to kill certain bosses with just a knife, but never a whole game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:20 pm
I just recall you saying you had done. In the game help thread.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:24 pm
The knife is very handy especially against the zombies in Code Veronica X with the leg slashing tactic but guns are the main weapon against Hunters,Lickers,Tyrants,and all other assorted BOW's.  

Indie Jesus

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:25 pm
You are mistaken. I just checked the entire Help thread. I said that I would NOT be trying a knife playthrough.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:47 pm
Then i must of misread it. I am sorry  

Ivory Lie

RoninFox

4,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Neither. I'm a devoted practitioner of the technique called "RUN LIKE HECK!" blaugh I basically run from most of the creatures I encounter. But if my way is blocked by a large wave of enemies, or if I encounter a boss or a monster that I can't safely run from, I use guns. Preferably a shotgun.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:54 am
Iron Pipe. =)

Seriously though, I fail with the knife. The only time I can use it successfully is if I'm playing as Cindy or David in Outbreak.  

FoxyAreku

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:58 pm
[Le S h i t]
Gun. > .>
But if I do use the knife, I'll shoot their knees and while they're down I knife them to conserve ammo. XD

That is exactly what I do. It's very handy.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff