Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Tyrant Production Line *Updated* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:27 am
This topic was created to discuss the different tyrants produced and featured throughout the Resident Evil series. This will encompass all the canon entries in the series as well as the non-canon Gaiden game. I will update this post when I have better gathered resources and have prepared my list of tyrants. I'd also like to encompass other elite creatures in the series, such as "G".

*Update* Thank Wikipedia. Here is the list of Tyrant class B.O.W.s, their variations and other high class B.O.W.s featured in the Resident Evil games and spin-offs:

STANDARD:
T-001 Tyrant/Proto-Tyrant
T-002 Tyrant
T-103 Tyrant/Mr. X
T-078 Tyrant
T-091 Tyrant
Pluto (Failure)
T-092 Tyrant/T-092 Tyrant Mutation

SPECIALIZED:
Nemesis T-Type
Hypnos T-Type
T-0400TP
Thanatos Tyrant/Thanatos-R
T-103 Ivan
T-A.L.O.S.

NON-CANON:
B.O.W. Tyrant
T-104 Tyrant
Dr. Sam Isaacs

OTHERS:
Bandersnatch
William Berkins/"G"
"G" Mutant
Alexia Ashford
Albert Wesker
Sergei Vladimir
James Marcus/Queen Leech
NYX
Dr. Cameron  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:30 pm
This information, which should be included in the ::Resident Evil 101:: thread, is not, so I will add it, along with descriptions of the other BOW's.

If another mod would agree with me to lock this thread, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT:
This thread may be used to discuss the tyrants. I will still put up the information in the 101 thread as a referance.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:35 pm
Alright, thank you for the 4-1-1. What I want to do first is refresh a discussion between myself and BiohazardXtreme that can be read in the "Where is Capcom taking this?" thread. It was the plausibility of a T-003 appearing so early in RE:UC. As I have stated with my theory, the T-003 was already in production during the events of RE0. When RE takes place the day after RE0 and they get to the T-002, my theory about it is that it was never mass produced, but instead used as a base for the T-003. It is also said that further improvements would be made to the T-002 which would in turn improve the T-003s created after the improvements were integrated. The reason the T-002 was at first slow was due to those improvements not finishing when it was activated.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 pm
Hold on though... There's a difference between "in production" and "deployed". No doubt, they at least started making T-103 (it is 103, not 003), somewhere in some factory. But I just don't think they would have actual complete T-103 models walking about. Because if they did, they'd say, "We don't need to work on T-002 anymore."  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:35 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hold on though... There's a difference between "in production" and "deployed". No doubt, they at least started making T-103 (it is 103, not 003), somewhere in some factory. But I just don't think they would have actual complete T-103 models walking about. Because if they did, they'd say, "We don't need to work on T-002 anymore."
My bad with the 103. Sorry to sound like a mindless drone but 'this is what Wiki says about T-002:

"T-002 Tyrant served as a precursor to the T-103 models and was created within the depths of the Arklay Research Facility. During the events of Resident Evil, Albert Wesker ordered the Tyrant to slay the remaining members of Raccoon City’s S.T.A.R.S.; instead, it attacked Wesker and left him for dead. The remaining S.T.A.R.S. members engaged the Tyrant in battle before escaping the facility. Although it had exceptional fighting capabilities, Umbrella didn't intend to mass produce it, instead using this model as base to improve upon."

Wait... something else has come to mind. I remember Wesker saying that the only thing the Tyrant needed was combat data. So it could have been complete and after measuring its parameters, Spencer decides to give the Sheena Island facility the data already gathered from the T-002 and they find ways to mass produce tyrants with the physiological advantages of the T-002 while still keeping them as a different line of Tyrants all together. So the T-002 is kept under lockdown until a suitable area is made to gather combat data from it; this never happens until the events in RE0 and RE when Wesker finds that since the Mansion is pretty much overrun with the T-Virus he will then release it after enough combat data has been gathered on the other B.O.W.s and the leftover S.T.A.R.S. will be used to gain combat data for the T-002.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:59 pm
Yeah... I'm not denying that. But it only proves that there couldn't have been T-103s deployed, since they were based on T-002, and T-002 wasn't even complete.
That's kinda like if they released a remake while still working on the original.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:41 pm
Continuity Errors are the s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:48 pm
Buuuut, I don't consider Umbrella Chronicles canon, so to me, there's no error.  

Biohazard EXTREME

REaceofclubs

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:50 pm
hehe true cool  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:32 pm
lol, REaceofclubs, its like you are on the sidelines watching the two of us debating. And as for our debate... the T-002 was complete, just not tested. Isn't Umbrella infamous for continuing improving and working on untested B.O.W.s just because the technical aspects weren't up to what they desired?  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:42 pm
But that's the thing. Yes, it was complete, untested. But if T-103 was based on T-002, and T-002 was untested. Then ow would they be able to not only develop T-103 based on T-002's design, but also to test and deploy it, before they even had the chance to test T-002?  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 pm
Quote:
lol, REaceofclubs, its like you are on the sidelines watching the two of us debating.

^^; Yup! I have popcorn and everything.  

REaceofclubs

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:55 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
But that's the thing. Yes, it was complete, untested. But if T-103 was based on T-002, and T-002 was untested. Then ow would they be able to not only develop T-103 based on T-002's design, but also to test and deploy it, before they even had the chance to test T-002?
Aahhh! . . . *Looks to the side then turns away* Dammit he's got me there... DAMMIT CAPCOM!!!  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 pm
Not that it phases me. Like I said, as far as I'm concerned, Umbrella Chronicles never happened.

Yay! Tomorrow, I won't have my wii OR Umbrella Chronicles anymore! Just sweet, sweet money!  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:12 am
Biohazard EXTREME

If they made them into separate lines of product. Let's just say that T-002 was a good design, but had too many flaws. So, they branched out and came up with a new model -- T-103. After T-103 was tested and deployed, they went back and re-thunk T-002?

Just a possibility.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces