Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Do you smoke? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smoke?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:13 am
I see that more than a few of us do. I smoke cigars, mostly those machine-made Swhisers that you get from the gas station, unless i have my pay check handy then i get to the Briar Patch and buy either Quorum or Africa or Villa Dominicana. So what I am asking is do any of you smoke and if so what?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:51 am
I put down no, but that's not fully accurate. I don't smoke cigarettes or cigars, but whenever my buddy is in town and brings his hookah, we'll smoke that.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:35 pm
I put no because I don't frecuently, but I've had a cigarette before, and if I got my hands on a cigar I'd smoke it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:26 am
Garrett31212
I put no because I don't frecuently, but I've had a cigarette before, and if I got my hands on a cigar I'd smoke it.
How old are you? And why can't you get a cigar?  

Kingthor2282

Cunning Malevolence

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:35 pm
i also said no, i have once, but that was pot. dont judge me either, the reason was more then enough to make anyone get wasted -__-; also, though i dont smoke, i dont care if other people do and it doesnt offend me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:50 am
Quote:
but that was pot. dont judge me either

Ha ha! I was out doing a sign blitz with a local party activist once. Somehow the subject of pot came up. When I asked his opinion on it he leaned in and said "Between you and me, legalize it. I've gotten into more trouble with a bottle than I ever got into with a baggie."  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:28 pm
I don't smoke, but I really want to. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind getting lung cancer. My great uncle smoked from the day he was sixteen and lived to be 90.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 pm
Eh, I was asthmatic, so I don't really care for smoking, and I've been taught since 7th grade was smoking was bad, before that in my schools I think teachers were allowed to smoke until like 3rd grade, somewhere in the mid 90s/late 90s when smoke became a really bad thing... anyway!  

The Hallowed Mouse

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:08 pm
I had an argument with my mother in law this weekend about smoking bans in restaraunts. It ended up with her defaulting to the greatest logical falacy of all: public opinion. When she did that I reminded her of several ballot initiatives in Michigan which passed but she did not care for, and that put it in perspective for her.

Incidently, found a funny article related to smoking in Europe:

http://www.eursoc.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/2577/Still_Smoking_In_Holland.html  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 pm
did you argue in favor, or against the public smoking ban?

Personally I'm against it, because of health reasons... even if you have two sections in a restaurant there's still smoke that carries over, unless of course you get the smokers in an air tight chamber rofl  

The Hallowed Mouse

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 pm
I oppose all smoking bans in private establishments, even if they are public accomodations )restaraunts).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:45 am
Ah... I understand the viewpoint, just disagree I guess! I mean there's not much of an argument on either side, one's about rights, the other's about safety/health  

The Hallowed Mouse

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:49 pm
Simple solution, restaraunts can continue to allow guests to smoke as long as they put a full partition wall between the smoking and non-smoking sections.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:05 pm
agreed  

The Hallowed Mouse

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 pm
stareyed_in_LA
I don't smoke, but I really want to. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind getting lung cancer. My great uncle smoked from the day he was sixteen and lived to be 90.
My uncle (at the time) was 76 and had been smoking since he was 6 THAT IS 70 YEARS (even more now because he is older and still smoking even though my grandma died from lung cancer)  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff