Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailor Moon in a Smash Bros. game? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

videogames4all

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:57 pm
All right people. Here's an idea for you Smash Bros. fans: How about a Super Smash Bros. game that also has Sailor Moon characters in it? If you have a flash game of it, post it here. But anyway, who would you want in it, and what Final Smash should each one have?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:21 pm
that would be cool. When you grow up should make that happen in real life. In the Mean time I will pretend zelda and peach are sailor scouts. LOL!  

shorty1587

900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:11 am
Keeping with the Smash Bros tradition, I have to say I wouldn't like to see it. HIn my eyes, having Snake in Melee was a travesty. And Sonic almost as much. They aren't Nintendo characters anymore, and they haven't been for over a decade. The older Joanna Dark from the original Perfect Dark could have easily taken over for Snake and been 10,000 times better. And when you think about it, odd as it may seem, the Harvest Moon kid would have been better than Sonic. Or even a Space Pirate from Metroid, or s**t, maybe even Dark Samus or a mini-Ridley or an Omega Metroid.

But anyway, on to topic and off of rant, I would be happy to see an new internationally released Sailor Moon game. Preferably and RPG on the Wii. And I would want it to be good and have the story for it written by Takeuchi, Naoko.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 am

Gotta agree with Ryuondo on this one.
Sailor Senshi fighting Nintendo characters is just too weird.

A Sailor Moon fighting game in general, though,
I would be in full support of that.

Especially if it allowed full access to every character's complete movelist.
All of their attacks ever used EVER!
8O

There's a fighting game engine called M.U.G.E.N.,
but I'm not as familiar with it as others are,
so I don't know if anyone has submitted Sailor Moon characters to it.
User Image  

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

cruzcorzo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:41 pm
If they can make a new game I'm hoping it's just not for the Wii I only have the PSP so It would have to be on that too!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 pm
I think there was an old game like that, I have no idea what game platform it was for but it was pretty old school, I've never actually played it but i've seen a few screen shots and one for sale on ebay.  

-Sailor Spira-

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:15 pm
They had a few Sailor Moon games on either the NES or the SNES. And M.U.G.E.N. has like every character ever made. There's also another fighter coming out that has like 900 characters, sailor senshi included.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:07 pm
Ryuondo
Keeping with the Smash Bros tradition, I have to say I wouldn't like to see it. HIn my eyes, having Snake in Melee was a travesty. And Sonic almost as much. They aren't Nintendo characters anymore, and they haven't been for over a decade. The older Joanna Dark from the original Perfect Dark could have easily taken over for Snake and been 10,000 times better. And when you think about it, odd as it may seem, the Harvest Moon kid would have been better than Sonic. Or even a Space Pirate from Metroid, or s**t, maybe even Dark Samus or a mini-Ridley or an Omega Metroid.

But anyway, on to topic and off of rant, I would be happy to see an new internationally released Sailor Moon game. Preferably and RPG on the Wii. And I would want it to be good and have the story for it written by Takeuchi, Naoko.

I like your idea for adding characters to the game. They sound good. But here's something, SNAKE AND SONIC ARE GOOD IN BRAWL! Sonic games are for the Wii so he's also a Nintendo character in a sense, and Snake was in Nintendo back on the NES. Also, did you know that there were Sailor Moon games in Japan for the Super Famicom (Japanese SNES). It could work, after a revival of Sailor Moon everywhere.  

videogames4all

videogames4all

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:12 pm
Magical Girl Yossy

Gotta agree with Ryuondo on this one.
Sailor Senshi fighting Nintendo characters is just too weird.

A Sailor Moon fighting game in general, though,
I would be in full support of that.

Especially if it allowed full access to every character's complete movelist.
All of their attacks ever used EVER!
8O

There's a fighting game engine called M.U.G.E.N.,
but I'm not as familiar with it as others are,
so I don't know if anyone has submitted Sailor Moon characters to it.
User Image

Don't you think its weird that Mario can fight Pikachu, or himself? Or Link fighting Zelda/Shiek?
And for M.U.G.E.N., there are Sailor Moon characters for M.U.G.E.N. at Sailor V Game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:48 am
videogames4all
Ryuondo

I like your idea for adding characters to the game. They sound good. But here's something, SNAKE AND SONIC ARE GOOD IN BRAWL! Sonic games are for the Wii so he's also a Nintendo character in a sense, and Snake was in Nintendo back on the NES. Also, did you know that there were Sailor Moon games in Japan for the Super Famicom (Japanese SNES). It could work, after a revival of Sailor Moon everywhere.

Sonic is still pretty much a mascot for Sega, just as Snake is for Sony. And like I said, they haven't been Nintendo Exclusives for over a decade. They have no place being in a game that's supposed to be exclusively Nintendo Characters. Just simply being on a system doesn't give Nintendo the property licenses to use the characters in games not endorsed by the people who own those licenses. Nintendo not owning the licenses dictates that they are not Nintendo owned, and should not be in SSB. They were terrible choices anyway, at least in my humble opinion they were.

Simply having a game on a system doesn't make it Nintendo. So, if that's all it takes, why not Jack Carver from FarCry? He's on the Wii. He's more bad a** than Snake. Maybe because he's a Ubisoft character; like Snake is a Sony character, and Sonic a Sega character.

And yes, I stated in a prior post that Sailor Moon was in both M.U.G.E.N. and on the SNES. Just covering those tracks.

But a more Sailor Moon-ish example. Sailor Moon had a couple games on the SNES. Evil Dead had a game on the XBox. Does Microsoft own the Evil Dead licenses now? Because of one game? No, they don't. Just like Takeuchi, Naoko owns the licenses for Sailor Moon and all it's characters. Nintendo owns no part of the characters in Sailor Moon. Just like Microsoft doesn't own Ash.  

Ryuondo

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:28 am

SSB topics invariably degress very quickly into flame wars...
I'd rather not contribute to that, so I'll talk about the existing Sailor Moon fighting games instead.

Here is a page with the SNES fighting games.
The first two games there are sidescrollers similar to Brawl Brothers/Streets of Rage/Ninja Turtles,
and the last two are the actual fighting games.
I have everything on this page,
and while the gameplay certainly isn't the best it could be,
I have ripped many of the sprites and backgrounds
because they are all so colorful and pretty!

And I couldn't find the Mugen characters from the link that Videogames4all posted,
but a Google search brought me to the right page: Click!
(Was it right under my nose and I just didn't see it?)

The cool part about the Mugen sprites is that they look to be
high-resolution edits from the SNES fighting games!!
whee
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:33 pm
Flaming over a game is stupid. Anyone who would do it is dumb. Specially since everything that has to do with gaming is opinion. And now it's time to go get me some ZSNES.  

Ryuondo

videogames4all

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 pm
Ryuondo
videogames4all
Ryuondo

Sonic is still pretty much a mascot for Sega, just as Snake is for Sony. And like I said, they haven't been Nintendo Exclusives for over a decade. They have no place being in a game that's supposed to be exclusively Nintendo Characters. Just simply being on a system doesn't give Nintendo the property licenses to use the characters in games not endorsed by the people who own those licenses. Nintendo not owning the licenses dictates that they are not Nintendo owned, and should not be in SSB. They were terrible choices anyway, at least in my humble opinion they were.

Simply having a game on a system doesn't make it Nintendo. So, if that's all it takes, why not Jack Carver from FarCry? He's on the Wii. He's more bad a** than Snake. Maybe because he's a Ubisoft character; like Snake is a Sony character, and Sonic a Sega character.

And yes, I stated in a prior post that Sailor Moon was in both M.U.G.E.N. and on the SNES. Just covering those tracks.

But a more Sailor Moon-ish example. Sailor Moon had a couple games on the SNES. Evil Dead had a game on the XBox. Does Microsoft own the Evil Dead licenses now? Because of one game? No, they don't. Just like Takeuchi, Naoko owns the licenses for Sailor Moon and all it's characters. Nintendo owns no part of the characters in Sailor Moon. Just like Microsoft doesn't own Ash.

Well Nintendo doesn't have to own the rights, they can borrow the rights just as someone could use a song owned by a certain band and use it in a movie. Do they own the rights? No. Do they buy the rights? No. Do they ask permission to borrow the rights? Yes. Oh, and Snake is the most badass character over some Carver guy from some FarCry game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:15 am
Ryuondo
Flaming over a game is stupid. Anyone who would do it is dumb. Specially since everything that has to do with gaming is opinion. And now it's time to go get me some ZSNES.

You MUST play Sailor Moon: Another Story!!
There should be a law stating that all Sailor Moon fans must play this game.
User Image  

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:46 pm
videogames4all
Ryuondo
videogames4all
Ryuondo

Well Nintendo doesn't have to own the rights, they can borrow the rights just as someone could use a song owned by a certain band and use it in a movie. Do they own the rights? No. Do they buy the rights? No. Do they ask permission to borrow the rights? Yes. Oh, and Snake is the most badass character over some Carver guy from some FarCry game.

Obviously, you've never played FarCry. The guy is ex-Navy SEAL and becomes a half human, half beast monstrosity that can see though smell and heat. Snake couldn't hide from him. Jack Carver would cut Snake to pieces with his bare hands before Snake could pull a gun of any sort and get off a shot, that would only heal at a very rapid rate if he was able to get it off. Anyway, not going to get into an argument over how overrated Snake is as a combatant in a game. Turok would destroy both.

And SSB's point has been for the longest time: a fighter that only had Nintendo characters. Enough senseless arguing, my points have been stated. Don't like them, tough.

@Magical Girl Yossy: I will certainly get it when I download ZSNES.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff