Vampire Development Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:27 pm
Here's where we'll develop all relevant information in regards to the vampires.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:14 pm
Vampire Age-based Powers

Anita Blake reference for powers and such

I like these, overall.  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Ellenoir
Crew

Blessed Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 pm
I also like this, but I would like to add (and I apologize if this was mentioned somewhere in those two links, I didn't read through everything, just skimmed.) I like the idea that the more recently a vampire has devoured some liquid sustenance the more "alive" and possibly human-like he or she is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:47 am
I really like the second description. It sort of reminds me of Anne Rice's vampires. I also really like this "Mother of Darkness" aspect. That could become very interesting.

Okay so here's what I was originally thinking of for our vampires (let me know what you think, perhaps we could take parts and make our own):

Vampires have the characteristics of a separate species, which contrasts with most vampire stories which portray vampires as transformed humans. Vampires can have children among themselves and with humans, and they age, albeit at a much slower rate than humans. Vampires are nocturnal and they dislike sunlight, but exposure to it does not harm them. They are likewise immune to most of the traditional vampire weaknesses such as crosses, garlic, and holy water. They can also regenerate quickly and easily when wounded, therefore, making them very hard to kill unless a weapon made especially for vampire hunting is used.
Vampires organize their society based on the purity of their blood. Level A are the Purebloods - a very small but very powerful minority. Only a bite from a Pureblood can change a human into a vampire. Pureblood siblings sometimes marry each other to keep the bloodline pure, which is not a rare practice. Level B refers to Noble vampires with advanced powers. Ordinary vampires make up Level C, by far the largest group. Level D consists of vampires who were once human; they are a small group, as turning humans into vampires is forbidden and only a handful of Level A vampires would dare to. The final designation, Level E, is separated from the others because it is reserved for former human vampires who have become violently insane. Falling to Level E is considered the inevitable fate of all former human vampires, who can never completely accept their vampiric instincts and their need for blood. Although, a Level D vampire can prevent itself from ever becoming a Level E if they drink the blood of the Pureblood who created them. Level D or E vampires are left in the care of Level B vampires and purebloods, so they can keep them in check.

Mistaken Chaos

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:44 am
Yes the vampire hater is making a positive statement here :p , like I said I still have to respect my enemies.

I like your idea chaos, although it seems like on we would run with if we did a modern or futuristic idea. Taking away the vampires weakness to crosses, holy water, and all the other supernatural areas lowers them from mystical children of the night to just biological anomaly. I may not like vampires but I do like there attachment to the mystical and magical; the ability to live forever, for the masters to control all who they have bitten, and for them unable to reflect in a mirror.

Plus it would give the werewolves an advantage of just being able to leap into the vampire’s house and bash him to death with a wooden stack or silver dagger.

Like I said before I do like your idea though chaos, very much in fact, it’s much like the idea behind the Blade series (not the Snipes version the original Marvel one. I'm a huge Blade fan and Hunter D fan. I like the half-breeds just fine and I'll at least admit the vampire from D Bloodlust wasn't entirely bad, but he had love working for him.)and is a wonderful vampire idea if it’s just humans fighting them. For if Lycan are going to have magic then the vamps should retain a good deal of their powers. I don't want an easy fight wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 pm
I got this info from here, courtesy of Master Strategist Kess.

The Eight 'basic' Disciplines
Animalism. The discipline that enables to user to communicate with beasts of all sizes.
Auspex. The discipline of supernatural senses and extended perception.
Celerity. The discipline of supernatural speed of movement.
Dominate. The discipline of mind control and command.
Fortitude. The discipline of supernatural endurance and resistance.
Obfuscate. The discipline of personal concealment.
Potence. The discipline of supernatural physical strength.
Presence. The discipline of supernatural charm and attraction.  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 pm
Also, in response, I would like to propose a separate theory. I understand Chaos doesn't like the concept of all vampires having originally been human. Neither do I. I also agree with Ronyo, however. But fear not! I had something else in mind.

Rather than being a 'biological anomaly', the vampires are a unique breed of demons.

Concept A) Too weak to live in hell but nevertheless far more powerful than any mortal being, vampires were cast aside by the devil and thus managed to circumvent the pact between him and God, settling themselves on Earth. Few in numbers, they found it difficult to achieve their goals by force. So, the vampires stuck to the shadows, seeding their influence by slowly taking over the hierarchy of humanity. They have similar weaknesses to demons, such as enchanted wood and silver. Though demons by blood, holy water and crucifixes are rarely lethal to a vampire, though they do cause them harm.

Concept B) Dracula, that Romanian prince, angers his family by ruthlessly massacring their subjects. Dracula is imprisoned, but makes a pact with the devil himself to seed his revenge. The intense evil of his soul empowers the curse which the devil gifts him with, resulting in the first vampire. His children follow suit, technically being part demon. They have similar weaknesses to demons, such as enchanted wood and silver. Holy water and crucifixes are rarely lethal to a vampire, though they do cause them harm.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:23 pm
One think I would like to mention: many stories that have silver as a weakness for the vampires, it is also a weakness for werewolves.

I really don't like the traditional weaknesses (ie: garlic, crusafixes, wooden stakes, and holy water) and am highly opposed to them.
Though I do like the idea of enchanted wood.

I don't really know which of the two backstories I prefer. *shrug* They are of little consequence.

Though as far as powers go I like Anne Rice's ideas: The vampire chronicles.

Mistaken Chaos

Alaundria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm
As pro-Lycan, I don't know how much say I am supposed to have in the Vamp forum, but I am going to put my two cent in here anyway mrgreen

I also feel that the silver/holy water/light weaknesses need to be done away with. It seems they would have little foundation in this world. Also, since I envision the Lycans wearing a lot of silver, the whole deathly-allergic-to-silver thing would not fly. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:14 pm
The silver part I can see doing away with. However if we go with either of Teddo’s ideas of Dracula or sub-demons then crosses and hold water would play a large role. If Dracula made a pact with the devil then the best defense is the opposite power, like holy stuff. However I don’t think the cross and holy water hold kill them just make them back off. The holy items could be more what humans use to make sure vampires don’t add them to the dinner menu.

This may be more for the game thread but we do need to decide on what is needed to hurt and kill each side. I’m not a fan of the beating the vamp until the loose enough blood. I think the vamps could be killed by putting wood (or silver if we come to that) through their heart but nowhere else, so sticking a vamp in the stomach with a stack will hurt like hell but not be lethal.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Scouter Kai

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:18 pm
Vampires (and lycans for that matter) should be similar enough to humans biologically that severing their head or destroying it completly would result in a kill demons or no, that had better be lethal. Just my two cents.

Oh and Hi to anyone who doesn't know me xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:34 pm
*waves* Hi Scouter Kai! You did sort of pop out of nowhere, I kinda wondered who you were. Nice to have you on board smile  

Alaundria

Scouter Kai

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:48 pm
Yes well, I'm Chibi's GM on another RP, And i decided I wanted to do a Non-Sci-Fi RP for once, and liked the look of this one. I never realized just how many different opinions there were on the subject of vampires/lycans. This is really interesting!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:58 am
I personally feel that both sides should have a weakness to silver when it penetrates the skin. Being deathly allergic to it sounds kind of hokey. I like the enchanted wood concept quite a bit myself, perhaps making it specific types of wood. White oak seems to have some significance:
Quote:
Creature Killer rounds are tipped with explosive shells that contain white oak, holy water, garlic, silver and cold iron shavings. These ingredients, each bearing a folkloric power to impede evil and/or specific monsters (e.g. vampires, werewolves, witches, etc.), have the potential to injure many of the foes Hellboy may face.

I believe the significance of crucifixes, garlic, and holy water should be that holy water is basically pepper spray for vampires. When it touches skin it gives an uncomfortable itch and possibly burns, depending on how strong/old the vampire is. Weapons (ex. arrow heads) coated in holy water add the bonus of giving a strong magical infection to the wound, greatly dulling the vampires regenerative abilities. Crucifixes, on the other hand, only work when blessed, and serves to ward off lesser vampires, like waving a flaming torch at a wolf. Garlic could be an alchemical herb, used in combination with other things to create a variety of elixirs which help against vampires. Garlic itself is useless against them, however.

I'll post some relevant werewolf info on that thread as well.  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:17 am
Oh, yeah, also allow me to expand the vampiric disciplines:

The 'basic' Disciplines
Animalism. The discipline that enables to user to communicate with, control, and take on aspects of beasts. Restricted to insects, bats, and vermin.
Auspex. The discipline of supernatural senses and extended perception.
Celerity. The discipline of supernatural speed of movement.
Fortitude. The discipline of supernatural endurance and resistance.
Obfuscate. The discipline of personal concealment, through magick and other supernatural means.
Potence. The discipline of supernatural physical strength.
Presence. The discipline of supernatural charm and attraction.

Mastery Disciplines
Ignition. The discipline of combusting nonliving materials, including vampires.
Telekinesis. The discipline of moving objects with the mind. Somewhat restricted.
Demonology. The discipline of controlling and using demons and their magick.
Thaumaturgy. The discipline of magical mastery.
Precognition. The discipline of using powerful telepathy to sense and anticipate the future. HIGHLY RESTRICTED.
Domination. The discipline of mind control and command. Rarely affects nonhumans. HIGHLY RESTRICTED.
Attunement. The discipline of attuning oneself to the ethereal plane of existence.  
Story Development Panel

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff