Human Development Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:36 pm
Here's where we'll develop all relevant information in regards to humans.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:31 pm
All is not well here, in Sector R. I have felt it, haven't you? Our newest governors: they're reclusive, mysterious, and untrustworthy. Silently they make demands of us, journey out to raid our land's resources, and then disappear to their decadent mansions while we live in these cabins. But they are not welcome there, and they know it. They have started trouble with something we do not entirely understand. The land seems to be alive out there. Like Sentinels of the wood, they kill anything that gets too close to the heart of this land. Our governors have put our lives at stake, and we cannot stand idly by, watching our fellow man go missing and murdered.

We are the Hunters. We are the Resistance. We are our only Hope, and we're going to do something about it.
Join us today, or wait to die.
Your choice.

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:14 pm
My take:

Our masters love us, care for us, sustain us. Dark and mysterious, their sensual nature mystifies us. We had nothing, until they gave us everything. They give us all we need, and in return all they ask for is a drop of blood and a small favor. Now, something threatens our masters. Something as dark and mysterious as our lords themselves...

We are the maidservants. We are the Collaboration. We vest our lives in our leaders.
Pleasure through service,
life through servitude.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:18 am
Yes, but if all humans willingly served the vampires, that would make the sides a bit uneven don't you think?  

Alaundria

Mistaken Chaos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:52 am
Thats why you have both sides: the resistance and the collaboration.
The resistance could join the Lycans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:18 pm
Don't forget those humans who don't wish to serve under another species. there will be many who believe man should come back into his inheritence, and will fight at all costs to bring down both lycans AND vampires.  

Scouter Kai

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:54 pm
Indeed, I think that is the position of the Resistance. I doubt many (if any at all) of the humans would side with the Lycans. There is not really much motivation to do so other than to manipulate them as a tool to fight the vampires, and that would take a considerably clever group to orchestrate.

I believe the vast majority of people will be submissive Commoners, but displeased about their government. They will also be completely ignorant of the existence of vampires and Lycans.

The next largest group is the Resistance, which is about the same strength as the Collaboration, but rapidly gaining support. They are ignorant of the Lycan threat, although a few may be aware of it, and are focused on ousting their corrupt governors, be they vampire or not.

Following the Resistance is the Collaboration. These are loyal servants held closely by their vampire masters. They serve as political subordinates, military personnel, and personal servants and bodyguards. The Collaboration operates under a delusion, but refuses to acknowledge it. They have completely devoted themselves to their leaders under the belief that they are working for the greater good. The majority of the Collaboration could be compared to religious zealots. A very small, elite group of Collaborators have been trained by the vampires to hunt and battle Lycans.

Next is the Church. Though this group is small militarily, they have a vast power base. They secretly work against groups they deem unholy, especially the vampires. Secretly, they run elite organizations to combat these problems, as well as funding groups such as the Resistance. They have a highly limited knowledge of Lycans: merely that they exist. The vampires keep such a tight leash on the information that the Church knows little about them.

Next up on the list is the Hunters. They operate under similar goals to the Resistance, however only target vampires. Their ultimate goal is to rid the world of vampires, which they view as nothing short of demons. Some Hunters are simply mercenaries, while others serve the Church. Hunters vary in skill, training, and equipment. Some are very high-tech while others use more archaic methods (the latter of which meets with mixed results). Hunters generally operate out of their hatred for vampires.

Last of all are the Order. The Order is a radical anarchist group, which operates with a skewed goal of overthrowing the government system. They are the group that possesses the largest information network of all the human organizations. They are very few in numbers, but generally operate on the political battlefield, using their small numbers of highly funded special forces and assassins to carry out their more chaotic objectives. The Order has extensive knowledge of the Lycans, mostly stolen from the vampires by their Collaboration spies. They have made it one of their goals to use these powerful creatures for their own means. It is stressed that this organization is very small.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:12 pm
I thought we had decided that the humans were fully aware of both the vampires and lycans? Also a vast minority to the other two races...  

Mistaken Chaos

Alaundria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:11 pm
Hmmm.... I still feel the humans need to be there own race, mostly free, but with some in captivity and servitude to the Vampires. The resistance Idea also works too, but I need to think about it a bit more to make it work in my mind. I had envisioned a society that is combative against both the Lycans and the Vampires, filled with Vamp and Wolf hunters, on par in size with the other two factions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:23 am
I was thinking closer to reality with the humans being a vast population in the billions, with the vampires being a small faction at the very top of the ruling class, hiding their identities. The Lycans being generally unknown because they try to exist outside of society. What are other peoples takes?  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Scouter Kai

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:26 am
That would work well with the modern setting idea. With most of the other setting ideas, i would think Lycans and Vampires would be more prominent, though still not nearly as common as humans.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:40 am
That is true. In older eras, people would be more superstitious and wary.  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Mistaken Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 am
I think a lot of this depends upon the setting so perhaps we should put that into place before doing much more with the humans...?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:28 pm
Quite.  

Chibi-Teddo
Captain

Alaundria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:58 pm
I think whatever the setting, we should focus on small groups in a small area instead of an entire world. There may be billions of humans, but we are only dealing with a few of them. I saw them more as living in scattered independent city's instead of a huge metropolis. The Vamps also have only a few fortress cities, and the Lycan have one very large ancient city hidden in the forest. at least that is my take on it.

I also saw the Vamps as being almost that recently arrived and build their cities within the last few years. The humans have been trickling down from the mountains, and have been gathering in groups and erecting cities in the plains north of where the vampires have their cities (I had it in my mind that maybe they had two very large fortress/cities. I even toyed with the idea that one or both of them was an airship, possibly the palace of the ruling family.) , and west of the Lycan Forest.  
Story Development Panel

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff