Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Favorite anime and why Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:01 pm
I figured I'd ask.My favorite anime of all time would have to be Princess Mononoke.I enjoy all of Miyazki-sans works,they have good compositions,beautiful atrwork,and are often deeply themed.Princess Mononoke was my favorite of them all,because of it's deep ties to nature,the hidden background of Japanese Shinto mythology and the beautiful forests.

Discuss:Your favorite animes,why and what you believe makes a good anime.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:54 pm
I'm gonna say DeathNote. I like how it absolutely stimulates the mind with its complex story lines, multiple character angles, and original schemes. And despite what people say, I really think the art is good. Especially in the theme and end credits.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtUccqxxK44&feature=related  

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 pm
I agree to a certain extent.The art is of good quality,but I don't consider it to be very special in my own opinion(you're welcome to your own though)I do like the opening and ending art as well as the shinigami though.I like the story most of all,not Light/Kira(I think he's a selfish a**)but I do like all the mind games it has and the multiple twists it gives with what is right or wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:19 pm
Why is this in serious discussion? I think this is ment to be a personal ED. I want this moved! your RUININATING my ED! Sowy, I still got the EDiot in me :3  

Leocara

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 pm
Actually,it says in this forums rules that entertainment is allowed to be discussed.Is anime not a form of entertainment.I wouldn't see the issue with anything being posted here as long as it's discussed in a serious and non spam like manner.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:14 am
yay! every ED in the world is dead :s On the other-hand, anime ruins everything, its like religion, but caked in crappy drawing's.  

Leocara

coveredinmangoo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:58 am
Personally I have no real interest in recent anime's outside of a select few (Eureka 7, FLCL, Samurai Champloo, etc.) my favorite anime had to be either Trigun....or Outlaw star....with Gundam wing in a close third. I kind of prefer Sci-fi over other things cause I like something being "out there". I don't really like romances (ESPECIALLY when translated to english because of cheezy dailouge) and I like manga of a couple more than the anime. And lets get this strait I like deathnote...but hate it (like character plots and personalities and the whole Mystery thing.... I hate everything else) I feel it would have been better as a book, I hate Inuyasha (come on seriously, s**t would never go down like that), Bleach is okay (animation is better than story and the manga kicks more a**), and Naruto was only good in japanese (Sasuke and Naruto kiss and nosebleeds intact)

Also awesome anime openings include games too so I would have to say Musashi Samurai Legend, and Eternal Eyes are awesome Links to videos below:
Eternal Eyes opening
Musashi Samurai Legend  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:21 pm
Right now, I am really into FLCL, Hellsing, and Death Note. There is a downside to all of them, but I still love them 3nodding !  

Snapplejack

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 pm
I thought you were an FLCL fan from your siggy(I can even tell ya what ep it was from,I liked the series so much)it was warped but the more you watch it the more sense it makes,atleast for me anyway sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:40 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
I thought you were an FLCL fan from your siggy(I can even tell ya what ep it was from,I liked the series so much)it was warped but the more you watch it the more sense it makes,atleast for me anyway sweatdrop

No, trust me, same for everyone. Example; I didn't catch the part where his brother had an american girlfriend the first time I saw it.  

Snapplejack

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:21 pm
I caught that part,but I didn't get the hidden story parts(like Haruko and the galaxy police brotherhood)you need to read deeper into the story to understand it fully.I still don't get all of it XD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 am
I'd have to say my top three are DeathNote (Along with everyone else in here, I guess) mainly because I love how the story grabs you, and even if you aren't an anime fan you have to know what happens; excellent storyline, good character personalities. Could have used a little more development in some stages, but all in all it gets a 9/10 from me.

Gundam Wing is also high on my list; normally I'd criticize the artistry, but given the time period I have to let it slide. Besides, it just wouldn't be the same. Bit cheesy at points, as with most anime's... so for me it's stuck in limbo between 8.5/10 and 9/10

And then there's FullMetal Alchemist. I love the artistry, the action scenes, and most of all everything about it. I mean... they actually make the characters seem human, and in the end that sort of thing just doesn't happen most of the time. The only thing I didn't like was that on some characters, like Envy and Rose, didn't have the character developent that other people did. And, one of the best parts... There was a grand total of 2 fillers through all 150 some episodes, and both fillers didn't really have anything to do with the story; they were just there to make you laugh. FMA scores a good 9.7/10 for me.  

Gail Akriest

Tiga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:34 pm
I'm all about FLCL. It's INCREDIBLE, especially considering there are only six episodes. Also incredibly confusing to most people, but I never really had a problem with it.

Also Death Note is just about the worst show I've ever seen. Ever.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:28 pm
^ Well then I supoose its a good thing this is a "Favorite anime" thread and not a "Most hated anime" thread.  

LordStripeyTail

Quotable Smoker

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:11 pm
Berserk.

Berserk, Berserk, Berserk.

I don't think anything else has captivated me as much as the story, setting, and art like Berserk has. I'd say it's the manliest thing to come out of Japan since ever (don't even start with me about Fist of the North Star.) Aside from the anime and manga itself, the video game adaptations are incredible, and have brought with them incredible sound tracks. Check my profile for two songs, and clips from the PS2 game. I could really talk all day about it and not get tired of it.

While it may not be the best anime/manga ever, I'd say it's the best of it's genre, for sure.

It was inspired by one series the creator really enjoyed, which just so happens to be over 100 volumes in length. Guess how many Berserk is going to have. 3nodding  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff