Games! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:40 pm
I love games. But since I don't have en excess of money, I cannot afford say a PS3, XBOX 360, or Wii. Well, actually yes I could but the money is being saved for more important things so I can't enjoy some of the games most people today are.

So I stick to the good old PC and PS2. I'm addicted to Unreal Tournament 2004 and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. I would most likely be interested in Call of Duty 4, since everyone in my clan (link to clan site as my website) is if they don't play Unreal Tournament 2004, but I cannot run it on my laptop.

So what games are you guys interested in?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:16 pm
I love guitar hero, as well as DDR, both of which we have on PS2, seeing as it's cheeper. Super Mario Smash Brothers is extremely fun, although I don't own it. crying But oh well, I guess.  

Idril Nienna

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:20 pm
Ah! I LOVE DDR!! But I haven't played it in forever crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:55 pm
Ah, I'm into old computer games, as in from 1998 ish. There's a load of old CDs with demos on them, so I play those. Diablo and Duke Nukem are the most recent ones, though I also have a LEGO PC game, two 3D Petz (which aren't in production any more *curses*), and one called Kid Pilot which is really easy to play, and has shockingly bad graphics. Then there's Enigma, and The Sims (which are both demos). And then there are the card games and the word games that I come across online.  

smile_clarenet

2,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:13 pm
I like so many games.... xd Probably my favorite ones right now are Lost Odessey, Mass Effect, Kingdom Under Fire, and yes, Sims2. Although I don't play Sims that much, my computer sucks for it. It's fun to play on the PS2. though.

One of my all-time fav games is FFXII; the entire Xenosaga series is awesome. Story-heavy, but still worth it. I love it. I'm more into RPGs than anything else, but I've been able to get into hack-n-slash genre more lately. I've always liked the Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norrath series, though. BG2 was good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:29 pm
For consoles games i enjoy the final fantasy games mostly their are some that are iffy *cough X-2 COUGH COUGH*

I also enjoy the metal gear games i just picked up 4 on Saturday, but I've been so busy at work that i haven't had a really good chance to sit down and start playing it i have tomorrow off though so maybe i will then.

but it's hard to find time to sit down and play a console game because when i do have some free time for gaming i usually end up playing WOW sweatdrop  

SHADAR L0G0TH

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 pm
We won't go to FFX-2. I admit, as a female, I liked the different costumes, but I watched once and then turned off the animation. It was like Dress Up Barbie, Final Fantasy style. The most frustrating thing about that game for me is, though - I CANNOT get 100%! I've played - literally - eight times through, and there's always ONE TINY THING I miss!

Now, I'm not obsessed with total game completion, but I like to do it just for the hell of it. And it's POSSIBLE with that game. I just CAN'T. I haven't played it in over a year, out of sheer frustration.

And now in FFXII, I'm at the point where I can easily go beat the final boss stuff, but I want all the extra side stuff done first. And all the normal monsters are too easy to kill, but the side monsters - not even bosses, just monsters! - are WAY too hard! gonk

It's like the Ninja Gaiden of Final Fantasy.

All I really have to do is sit and level grind, but it gets sooooo tedious, especially when they're so leveled up. I mean, they have all their skills!!

Sorry, rant. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:44 pm
RPG's, hack-n-slash, FPS. Those are the games I'm into. I gave up on FF once I played X-2. I just couldn't do it. As for RPG's in general, what I consider an RPG and what critics consider one are different. They think that when you have to level up your guy, put in a story line, and play for thirty hours that's an RPG. WRONG! Leveling is a staple, I must admit. My standards: good leveling system, good battle system, decent yet involved story line, in-depth characters, playtime in excess of 45 or mour hours. If it is under 45 hours, it doesn't work. And that playtime is without doing sidequests. One good example of an RPG is Tales of Symphonia for the GC. Doing only a few of the big sidequests and training not as much as I'd like to, it took me 60 hours to beat, and it has good replayability. Anyway, I love Dynasty Warriors, simply because it's mindless killing for hours on end. As for FPS, there are very few of them that are good on a console, and I'm sure everyone hates hearing about it by now, but I don't think Halo is too bad. That's my opinion.  

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100

Nynaeve Lunesta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:47 am
I enjoy the Final Fantasy games, even though I've played relitively few of them. I understand the frustration of FFX-2 I can't get 100% either. >.< I'm a big Kingdom Hearts Fan, and I love the Sims2. But I have to say my favorite series is Resident Evil.

Weird, I know, but I love those games. I've beaten Zero and Four, and I'm working on Two and One. But Resident Evil one is so hard it's not even funny! I'm an hour into the game and all rady have no bullets! All the rooms are interconnected so I keep getting lost, and there are a zillion keys you can't get to that open doors I haven't even found yet! It's a nightmare. XP

Two's way easier, but the graphics are so bad it's hard to take the game seriously. I walked by a normal sized window and eight pairs of hands came flying though it. That's not even possible! And they look like morbid barbie daolls. It's quiet funny.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:09 am
One word: Starcraft. That game will never be deposed (except by its sequel, hopefully).

I'm actually into RPGs to almost no end. Any game with a good storyline will attract me, and RPGs do that more often than most. Bioware has my soul, with KotOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect. Bethesda is up there as well with Morrowind, and Oblivion to an extent. I just believe Oblivion is a watered-down version of Morrowind set in the effing UK. (Nothing against the UK). Older RPGs include Super Mario RPG, Tales of Symphonia, and Psychonauts.

Call of Duty 4 is amazing, I'm not going to lie. I'm into story-driven FPS games. Valve is my top company in this area, with the spectacular Half Life games at the forefront. I will never grow tired of Portal, though. Bioshock is also amazing, and has one of the most amazing story twists ever conceived. I never saw it coming.

I enjoyed Halo, but it's not worth its hype. Not by a long shot. Hell, Deus Ex was better than Halo, and does anybody remember that game besides me?

Oh, and let me say right now that I am a competitive smasher. Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl consume my thoughts most of the time. I've dedicated myself to mastering Marth (my main) and not sucking =D  

CR Kyrie

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:37 pm
Ranuu
I'm actually into RPGs to almost no end. Any game with a good storyline will attract me, and RPGs do that more often than most. Bioware has my soul, with KotOR, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect.

Amen, brothah! xd I LOVE the KOTOR series - I don't know how many times I've played through it. I pray for a third installment....I've never played Jade Empire, but Mass Effect owns me.

Literally.

I die.....

Ranuu
I enjoyed Halo, but it's not worth its hype. Not by a long shot. Hell, Deus Ex was better than Halo, and does anybody remember that game besides me?

I've got all three Halo games, and it's just my opinion that they are extremely good games. I don't think the problem was the Halo didn't live up to the hype - I think it was that the hype made it impossible for Halo to live up to it. It was overkill. If you ignore the hype and just take the game, I think it's a good game with a solid storyline and mostly-excellent gameplay. (With some issues, but they all have some issues.) I'm no die-hard Halo fan, but I do enjoy the series.

One RPG series you might like, Ranuu, is one that got serious overlooking. Shadow Hearts. The first is Shadow Hearts, the second is Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and I forget the third one. I didn't like the third as well since it didn't stick with the other two. Koudelka is apparently the prequel to Shadow Hearts, on PS1, but I haven't played it yet. Bad news: no guide (if you use them) for the first Shadow Hearts. It was only released in Japan. But the game was US released - BUT, you can't find it at game stores, it's so old and was so underhyped it passed under the radar. I highly suggest getting it from Amazon or somewhere, it's worth it. I heard about it in GameInformer - they had a list of great games that didn't make the big time but deserved to. I agree with them. The story is deep, provocative, thoughtful, and really just overall blows your mind. 3nodding

Whew, sorry! BIG rant....I tend to do that when I'm upset, delve into topics I love. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:16 pm
Bioware has confirmed the existence of a KotOR 3, which is in development. It's funny though, considering that the first two games came out within a year and sixth months from each other, and we've been waiting for 3 for four years xd

Also, they say Mass Effect may be made into a trilogy. Bioware's amazing xp

~*~*~*~*~*~

Also, I'm not saying Halo was bad, but I think that it overshadowed a lot of better games because of the crazy hype and popularity it gained. The story was good, but had a lot of plotholes that escape me at the moment ( =( ) I enjoyed the trilogy, and I own them, but God didn't come down and create them, like so many people think.

I loved Deus Ex, though xd

~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh! You reminded me =D I despise Sony. I refuse to buy any of their consoles, because I think that they are in the business for the money, and aren't interested in the players as much as they are running their opponents out of business.

Unfortunately, this keeps me away from some great games (God of War, Final Fantasy games after V, Ratchet/Clank and, since you mentioned it, Shadow Hearts). Still, I refuse to give the Sony Corporation (after they killed Sega) my money =D

I'm a stubborn b*****d.  

CR Kyrie

Hunter Rush

Anxious Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 pm
I love Resident Evil. Such a good series. I even played the remake of RE1 for the DS. It has the same difficulty level, same everything as the PS1 version, and I still beat in under six hours... I've beaten all og the main story-line Resident Evils except 3. I refuse to play Outbreak, and Dead Aim was so bad I wanted to kill myself with the TV. And as for Sony, I just couldn't deal with them after a certain point. I don't even remember what pissed me off about them! One reason I have a 360 and Wii is because Sony can go screw itself for all I care... Anyways... I rented DBZ: Burst Limit the other day. I think it's pretty good. It's funny as hell beating on Krillin as Broly. KotOR 3 huh? Oh god yes! I love that series. I admit, if I look at it again I can find some things that suck about it, but I'm not looking at it right now so I don't of anything that sucks about it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:42 am
I dunno, I just go for the games. The corporations will screw with each other and us all they want, so why bother missing out on games because of it? sweatdrop

I knew Mass Effect was going to be a trilogy - Bioware said it was when the first one came out, which is why they ended it like that. I love GameInformer, because they get a lot of the news early. I did NOT know Kotor 3 was confirmed....

*cries for joy* crying crying crying

I know what you mean about Halo overshadowing other games because of the hype. I still don't fault the game for that, because that's the publishers and media's fault. I think it could have stood on it's own, but it's water under the bridge now. I'm definitely not saying God created it - I think people latched on like they did because of all the hype, so if you say it's not THAT awesome, you die by fanboys/girls.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:50 am
Ranuu
One word: Starcraft. That game will never be deposed (except by its sequel, hopefully).

I LOVE STARCRAFT!!! I've got it up on my laptop and will never take it off. I hope the sequel does the first one justice.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff