Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Home Away

Back to Guilds

Our guild is a quirky and sometimes incoherent critique and discussion group for writers looking to get some feedback on their work. 

Tags: writing, critique, discussion, literate, authors 

Reply something peaceful.
What do you see in your future as a writer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you see?
  novelist
  playwright
  screenwriter
  poet
  lyricist
  other (if so, post what it is!) ^__^
View Results

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:36 am
What do you plan on doing with your writing talents in the real world?
Do you dream of becoming a novelist, playwright, screenwriter, poet, lyricist?

Tell me! blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 pm
I dream of becoming a published author. If I'm published, I'll be happy, no matter what type of writing ends up being put out there. c:

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:14 pm
My dreams consist of:
Game Design
Actor
Published Author
Computer Animation(for Pixar)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:48 pm
c:
Well as far as dreams go, not related to writing, I want to be all of these things:
-artist
-[professional?] musician
-published author [dur. o: ]
-web/graphic designer

c: if it's an artform, i'm interested. :]

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:36 pm
PandaEnlightenment
c:
Well as far as dreams go, not related to writing, I want to be all of these things:
-artist
-[professional?] musician
-published author [dur. o: ]
-web/graphic designer

c: if it's an artform, i'm interested. :]

same here!If it's an art form, I'm very interested.... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:21 am
Despite the large volumes of poetry I write, I don't really care if my poetry is ever published. I would, however, like to see some of my longer prose works make it into print. Maybe a collection of short stories, or, dare I say it, a novel.  

JamesRaith

QueenElizabeth3
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:40 am
JamesRaith
Despite the large volumes of poetry I write, I don't really care if my poetry is ever published. I would, however, like to see some of my longer prose works make it into print. Maybe a collection of short stories, or, dare I say it, a novel.

Good for you! Have you posted any of your stories here yet? We'd love to read them!
Whoa sorry! I didn't know I could edit other people's posts! POWER!!! Just kidding...anyway I mean to reply...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am
Good luck, James! c:
Well, my true dream is being published in Poetry magazine. Anyone read it? Its absolutely fantastic. n_____n

PandaEnlightenment
Captain

JamesRaith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:25 pm
QueenElizabeth3
JamesRaith

Good for you! Have you posted any of your stories here yet? We'd love to read them!
Whoa sorry! I didn't know I could edit other people's posts! POWER!!! Just kidding...anyway I mean to reply...

Not yet. I might post a story snippet or two, but most of my stories (at least, the ones I'm not planning on sending to publishers) will show up on my own as-yet-unlaunched website. I'll be sure to let everyone know once it's up, though. Should be up within a week or two.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:29 pm
well as for me... i might do a little of all of it... I mean i write music lyrics, write plays, short stories,novels, and poems so I might dabble in all of the fields! ^_^  

Hiro Takamari

Moonlight Stalker

12,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Millionaire 200

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:39 pm
I just write whatever I feel like writing at the moment. 0__0
But mostly novels. ^-&  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:12 pm
I'd love to be a published novelist and poet. Hell even a playwright and screenplay-wright would be fine with me. I just want to write and have it be out there and be well known, or infamous. Actually I'd rather be infamous than famous... It's one of those rather be feared then loved scenarios, only I want to be loved and well known. I could see myself being the "bad boy" of poetry or something.
lol A poet who kicks a**.  

delirious-dreamer

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:03 am
Chuck Norris is a poet who kicks *ss.

"I came here to kick *ss and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of *ss."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 pm
HammiBee

rofl
You know Oscar Wilde kicked a**. not sure if there was much bubblegum around in victorian london, but he kicked a**. Not so much in a physical literal a** whooping like Chuck Norris, more of the witty "pen is mightier than the sword" way.  

delirious-dreamer

Rad Disease
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am
delirious-dreamer
HammiBee

rofl
You know Oscar Wilde kicked a**. not sure if there was much bubblegum around in victorian london, but he kicked a**. Not so much in a physical literal a** whooping like Chuck Norris, more of the witty "pen is mightier than the sword" way.

I do not know this man of whom you speak. And I can prove that their is no pen on earth that is mightier than a sword. o:  
something peaceful.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff