Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Contests & Quests
Scavenger Hunt - Level 1 hunt on 3rd post Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scavenger
  hunt
View Results

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:55 pm
The game -

scavenger hunt - a game in which individuals/teams are on a mission to find specific items or perform tasks in a list.

Why did I choose to go with a scavenger hunt? First, because I've never seen it done on Gaia. Second, because I want to give away a really good prize, so I want whoever wins to work for it.

There will be a few tiers to this competition, with a prize available for each tier/level. I reserve the right to cancel this contest should I find that there is not enough interest/participation.

How to play -

I will post a list of items or things to do on the third post of this thread.

Some of the items on the list will be things that you can search for on the internet. For some tasks, I will give you specific things to search for. For others, I will give you clues and you will need to figure out what I'm talking about.

Some of the items on the list will be Gaia related.

Some of the items on the list will be things that you can find around your house or in the area where you live.

Points will be awarded for each correctly completed task. You will not lose points for failure to complete a task or for getting it wrong. However, the person with the most points per level will win the prize for that level. The person with the best overall score will win the grand prize.

At least once a week, I will have a "bonus" task. In order to participate in the bonus tasks, I must be able to contact you through PMs. This means that if you have your PMs set to "friends only," you will need to add me as a friend (I will not be sending friend requests out. If you want to be eligible to participate in the bonus tasks, it is up to you to send me a friend request.). The person who completes the task in the shortest time will be awarded an extra five points. Everyone who completes the task will earn 5 points. So if you are the first to complete the task, you will get ten points.

I will only accept answers through PM. This is to avoid anyone getting a free ride from someone else's hard work (copying the answers from someone else's post.) Send ALL your answers for a completed level in one PM (the only exception to this will be the "bonus" tasks because those are timed).

All the correct answers for all levels will be posted prior to the grand prize being awarded. Some tasks might have more than one correct answer.

If there is not enough participation by guild members, I will open a thread in an appropriate forum to scout for additional players from the general Gaia population.

The Prizes -

Level 1- 2,500 gold (2500 awarded to Ian and Chaos)
Level 2- 2,500gold
Level 3- 5,000 gold
Level 4- 5,000 gold
Level 5- 7,500 gold
Level 6- 7,500 gold
Level 7- 10,000 gold
Level 8- 15,000 gold
Level 9- sealed letter (for current month the items for this level are posted)
Level 10- $5.00 Gaia cash

Grand Prize (highest points for levels 1-10 combined) - $5.00 Gaia cash

If this game is successful, I will add more levels and increase the prizes.

There's 55,000 gold and $10.00 Gaia cash up for grabs. I would like to see a minimum of 10 people playing this game. I would prefer for the players to be from this guild, but will seek additional players from the general Gaia population if I feel that there isn't enough participation from guild members.

To enter the scavenger hunt, post here letting me know that you want to join. The scavenger hunt Level 1 will begin once I have five players.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:55 pm
The Rules -

1. Follow ToS, RaGs and all guild rules.
2. Be polite and courteous while playing the game.
3. Feel free to chat with others in this thread, but do not post answers here.
4. Seriously, don't make me add more rules. I will if I have to, but I will also be very unhappy about it. Additionally, if whatever you do which causes me to add a new rule warrants it, you will be booted from the game.

Tie Breakers

In the event that there is a tie between two or more people on a given level, I will post a "tie breaker" task. Everyone who correctly completes the task will receive five points, the first person to correctly complete the task will receive an additional five points (kinda like the bonus tasks)

In the event that there is a tie between two or more people for the grand prize, I will post a "tie breaker" task. Everyone who correctly completes the task will receive five points, the first person to correctly complete the task will receive an additional five points (kinda like the bonus tasks)

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:56 pm
heart Level two is coming soon~!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:57 pm
The Players -

Level 1 -
Chaosfox8888
BlueCowGirl
IanCC
Sagebomb
loving_sorrow
darcg9511

Level 2 -
Level 3 -
Level 4 -
Level 5 -
Level 6 -
Level 7 -
Level 8 -
Level 9 -
Level 10 -

The Stats:

Level 1
Chaosfox8888 - 100
Bluecowgirl - 90
IanCC - 100
sagebomb
loving_sorrow
darcg9511

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:00 pm
FAQ's

I didn't know about this contest and you're already on level ___ and everyone else is way ahead of me on points. Can I get extra things to do so I can earn more points?

No. I want a level playing field. To compensate for entering the scavenger hunt on a later level, you can complete the previous levels. You won't be eligible to win the prize for previous levels, but you can earn points towards your overall score for the grand prize.

Can I enter on a mule account as well as on my main?

No. I want a level playing field. Allowing mule accounts means that you will have multiple opportunities to earn a better score. That's not good sportsmanship.

But how would you even know if I'm using a mule account?

I went through mod training. I might not know right off hand that you entered with a main and mule(s), but I have ways to verify whether or not a person is cheating if I get suspicious. Each account which participates in the contest will be earning his/her own points. Keep it fair for everyone, please.

My sister/brother/cousin/aunt/uncle/mom/dad/grandparent is also in this guild and wants to be part of the contest. Can they join?

Yes, but each person has to do his/her own work. Each person has to submit their answers in a PM or they will not get credit for that level.

How will you be able to keep track of how long it takes for players to complete bonus tasks?

When there is a bonus task available, I will edit the third post to let the players know that extra points are up for grabs. It will be up to the individual players to check if I'm online and send a PM requesting the bonus task. I will keep track of how long it takes between the time that I PM you the actual task and the time I receive the PM with your answer(s) in it.

Why is this game so complicated and time consuming? The first x levels have crappy prizes. stare

If you honestly feel this way, then don't play. There's 55k, a monthly collectible letter and $10.00 Gaia cash up for grabs. In my humble opinion, the Gaia cash alone makes it worthwhile to play this game. Gaia cash would make it possible for you to purchase EI's, cash store items and/or letters. Who knows what other possibilities might be available to you with Gaia cash in the future. It's only logical to assume that Gaia will have exclusive battle items/rings in the cash store to help support the game. Even if that's not the case, you can easily convert the Gaia cash to Gaia gold and purchase rare loot items from the battle system.

Also, if this game goes well, I will add levels and prizes. But hey, if it's still not for you, then nobody is forcing you to play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:43 pm
The clues

Level 1 - How well do you know your Gaia?

1. GDAPW guild #, current number of members

2. "like a huge brooch, it clasps your highlands and lowlands together"
(item name, store that sells it, price)

3. If I'm standing at m=10, where on Gaia am I?

4. Monthly Collectibles FAQ and Listing - where can I find it and who created it?

5. Bug Reports and Technical Support - where can I find it?

6. What can you tell me about Page 20 - Guide to Gaia? (look around on the landing pages for this one)

7. Identify user 91510 (I'm not looking for personal info here)

8. copy/paste the post made by user 1766239 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:36 pm

9. go to 2 barton 001003, find 32 Barton 001003 and describe the theme/contents of the house. (I'm not looking for an item list... just what the theme/description you would give the house)

10. How would I go about acquiring the "ultimate symbol of leadership and power"? (item name, how to acquire it)

A reminder, DO NOT post your answers here. Send them to me in a PM. If you have your PMs set to "friends only" then send me a friend request.

Each task is worth 10 points. I will update the point status for each player once I have received the answers from each participant.

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 pm
everything about nothing  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:38 pm
something about something  

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:29 pm
I'm always up for a good Scavenger Hunt. 3nodding

I'd like to join~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:32 pm
I"M IN!!!
i think i added u 2x's today... on blue and GDP Whore biggrin lol

*goes and rests under a tree full of monkeys while waiting for the slow kids of the block* razz  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

IanCC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:42 pm
Count me in!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 pm
Sage loves the idea, hes in  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

IanCC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:56 pm
Can I ask something if I don't understand the question?
What's a landing pages?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:18 pm
IanCC
What's a landing pages?

Landing pages = the eight pages which give you daily chance  

vegasshopgirl

Smitten Risk-Taker

IanCC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:28 pm
vegasshopgirl
IanCC
What's a landing pages?

Landing pages = the eight pages which give you daily chance

OH!!!! Thank you very much! Are you online now VSG?  
Contests & Quests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff